Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My woo does 120Km with full time Ac in city and 170Km on long route with full time Ac.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Shah73 View Post
    My woo does 120Km with full time Ac in city and 170Km on long route with full time Ac.
    nazar utar lena kahin nazar na lag jaye shah ji

mashallah bohat achi millage hay
    MONEY IS YOURS BUT RESOURCES BELONG TO THE
    SOCIETY

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

great mileage shahji.....
    if u r looking for advancer stap56b then i know where u can find it in lhr.....i went for the service of my cng kit to maverick cng in faisal town..and i asked the guy there. he said they ve it...i didnt install it coz its costly round abt 3800rs and i kinda spent 3600rs on service and changing all the wiring etc...so if u interested..contact this number...03009754971....sadique.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi
    I want to buy new or 2nd hand sedan compressor. Can any one guide me who is the best dealer to get it from in Rawalpindi?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by welcome786 View Post
    i think you must compromise on pickup?
    hahahahah..no sir ji my car is like bullet..mashaAllah car engine is in very very good condition due to intime oilchanging,airfilter cleaning and replacement, and one thing quality of cng...i noticed that when refiling cng frm unknown stations,consumption and pick fluctuates.......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guybwp View Post
    great mileage shahji.....
    if u r looking for advancer stap56b then i know where u can find it in lhr.....i went for the service of my cng kit to maverick cng in faisal town..and i asked the guy there. he said they ve it...i didnt install it coz its costly round abt 3800rs and i kinda spent 3600rs on service and changing all the wiring etc...so if u interested..contact this number...03009754971....sadique.
    Thanks dear for you information, i also asked the same point in past and at that time they refsed to have it. I think this part is available for Rs 1500 with Landiranzo office at Karachi. Thanks again.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by welcome786 View Post
    nazar utar lena kahin nazar na lag jaye shah ji

mashallah bohat achi millage hay
    Thanks dear for appreciation, mayn nay mirchain jala di hain nazar utarnay kay liye.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Stap 56

@zeeshan213 & Shah73

Excellent mileage. You should offer your services to DFC members for perfect CNG tuning.

@zeeshan213

What is 0-100 timing of your bullet?

@all

I have taken a snap of STAP56 installed in my car. You can show it as a reference to the dealers to get the exact same/newer model matching device.
    Daewoo fan club -296035
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Test Driver (Adnan Sb.)
    I had purchased a Daewoo in March this year and had your advice for repair etc and you referred to Mr. Tahir G-8. Gone through compele suspension etc and then had to overhaul its engine as well due to piston/rings broken etc.
    The vehicle even then didnot come upto my satisfaction due to already very rough use of that vehicle and finally get rid of it in June.
    During this time I found Tahir a good fellow and luckily he also belongs to my native town. He facilitated me to have another Daewoo 1993 model, 1997 Registered, very sound engine, body, AC, CNG etc in July 2011.

Need your opinion on one thing, it gives little dum dum sound from rear side on slow speed, mean less than 50KM/hour, when speed increases, it disappears, amy be due to other noises beyound this speed. This dound comes even if full diggy loaded with luggage. My previous ride also gave that dum dum sound.

Tahir said that this is default sound of Daewoo with wider tyres i.e 185.70.13
    Whats your opinion, is there any solution to it as pinches on head at slow speed. If NAMDA kind of thing fixed in rear compartment, is it of any use.

regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asifnadeem1975 View Post
    Dear Testdriver

Most of the Daewoos from RWP/ISB must drove back to hometowns for eid celebrations.I suggest that upon return, everyone should share his/her experiences specially problems encountered in remote areas & remedies. It will be more beneficial for all DFC members.

Regards
    Good tips: Mine did a wonderful job around 170Km per Cylender of CNG with 80% Ac and need to replace one Front Wheel Bearing.

I has experienced that Most of the Daewoo's which gone on long routs, had to visit their DOCTORS for checkup....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zawalayat View Post
    Dear Test Driver (Adnan Sb.)
    I had purchased a Daewoo in March this year and had your advice for repair etc and you referred to Mr. Tahir G-8. Gone through compele suspension etc and then had to overhaul its engine as well due to piston/rings broken etc.
    The vehicle even then didnot come upto my satisfaction due to already very rough use of that vehicle and finally get rid of it in June.
    During this time I found Tahir a good fellow and luckily he also belongs to my native town. He facilitated me to have another Daewoo 1993 model, 1997 Registered, very sound engine, body, AC, CNG etc in July 2011.

Need your opinion on one thing, it gives little dum dum sound from rear side on slow speed, mean less than 50KM/hour, when speed increases, it disappears, amy be due to other noises beyound this speed. This dound comes even if full diggy loaded with luggage. My previous ride also gave that dum dum sound.

Tahir said that this is default sound of Daewoo with wider tyres i.e 185.70.13
    Whats your opinion, is there any solution to it as pinches on head at slow speed. If NAMDA kind of thing fixed in rear compartment, is it of any use.

regards
    There shouldn't be any such sound. I am using 185/70 R13 for the last 8 years.
    The 'dum dum' like seems to be coming EITHER from silencer dholki hitting the boot floor OR the spare wheel is not properly tied inplace hitting the well.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default advancer STAP56b

Thanks dear for you information, i also asked the same point in past and at that time they refsed to have it. I think this part is available for Rs 1500 with Landiranzo office at Karachi. Thanks again.

brother if you have landirenzo office number at karachi, plz provide me
    SOCIETY

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Shah G thank you v much

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA,

Well problems problems and yeah one more thing problems for me... What happened and what is happening i cant describe the feelings... I dont know why... Here it goes...

I went for oil change and went for Total Oil 20w-50W (Shah G sorry it was getting late for me so i have to change the oil), till then no smoke and no problem, tuning has also been made but after that series of problem started.

IAC Valve was not working for me since starting and when i first time come to Fedral Autos there was piece of cloth in side of carburetor which was pulled out but it was 2 months ago so as when i activate A/C it keeps on tripping on idle but as soon i give some race or car is running A/C remains ok ( i was delaying changing of valve due to some budget issue)

But after tuning whenever A/C is on suddenly car gives a jerk, check engine light appears and A/C shuts off, and after 5 to 10 minutes when Check Engine Light disappears and i switch on the A/C everything become completely normal and then after 5 to 10 minutes whole thing repeats.

So due to this i decided to change the long pending IAC valve... so again i went to Fedral Autos... i surprised to see more than 6 cars already there having minor issues, so after sometime Mr. Gul Wali started focusing on my Car and when he asked baba G to give a New IAC Valve, he says sorry we are short of them, so Gul asked him to gave him the box in which there were 2nd hand Valve upon which i asked him that i am interested in new one but he says dont worry its a kabli one...

Well he installed the kabli one for Rs.1500 with labour of Rs.100, before that we started the car and everything started to working fine, so i left for home and same thing happened again car gaves a jerk, Check Engine light appears, A/C shuts off but this time new thing happened RPM went too high, i quickly shut down the A/C from thermostat, but RPM were not coming down, i quickly turn my car and went to Fedral Autos, upon hearing the voice of my woo's engine everyone started to look, so Gul came and ask let me clean the auto Chok system (or whatever it is)... then i again went and same thing happend

Gul then replaces the IAC Valve with the previous one which was installed before (I manage to keep that one in my pocket) but now again same thing is happening... CAR is raced (according to him) also he says that issue with wirring, also he insert oil in ECM (WTF !!!) bhai logs please help me yar... i wanted to spend money for the betterment of my car but everything is going wrong for me... one thing the Fedral Auto do is they have return all money... but gave me this new gift...

Now to deal with high RPM Mr. Gul Wali has again inserted piece of cloth in the side of carburetor as it was before due to which RPM slows down... but this is not the way yaarrrrrrssss... kindly help... i will go wherever u wants me to go to sort out this issue... plz assist me.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aslam o alaikum,

few days back i went for ball joint and tie rod work, and on turning right side some sound appears that increasing gradually.

ball joint work done
    tie rod work done
    both excel changed

alignment done

now i am facing a problem, when ever i press accelerator car tend to move towards right and when ever i suddenly lift my foot from accelerator, car tend to more towards left with a slight jurk.

please guide me what is wrong.
    SOCIETY

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    There shouldn't be any such sound. I am using 185/70 R13 for the last 8 years.
    The 'dum dum' like seems to be coming EITHER from silencer dholki hitting the boot floor OR the spare wheel is not properly tied inplace hitting the well.
    Thanks for reply: i think silencer is ok, tyre is not fixed but there were luggage in diggy on the tyre, so for time being it was fixed but sound is there.
    I am livving in G-6 and can visit G-8 or any convinient location. I will Appreciate if you have a trial of it. I really want to keep it but this sound is unbearable.

Regards,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i wanted to know whats the cost of 16valve toyota 96 engine. and is it good to overhaul engine or is it better to replace it with toyotas or any other cars 16valve efi engine....and also shah73 i wanted to know where did u buy ur head lights? i asked from korea autos and they were selling single side piece for 2000 rs..so can u tell me from where did u buy it in lhr thx?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello friends

hope u ll be all good, well my car is running ok, the problem am facing is that my tail pipe smells like as if unburnt gas is getting out of it, and wat is computerized cng tuning, does it have good effect on car's performance or its just topi drama, can anybody tell me the xact location of the mechanic in gulzar i quaid or air port housing society??
    thanx
    A "cool dude" who says civic is the best car in the universe actually owns a CD 70!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Hworang
    Please visit (Faqeer Muhammad) Daewoo Point in G-10/4

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saadshaukat View Post
    @Hworang
    Please visit (Faqeer Muhammad) Daewoo Point in G-10/4

Thanks Saad bhai, does he have New spare parts too. I will visit there soon Inshallah.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List