Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guybwp View Post
    hi everyone n happy new year to all of u....posting after sometimes as i didnt feel the need to do so but wana ask about emulator....testdriver can u explain how i can i install an emulator if i wish my car to start on petrol n automatically switch to cng like in other efi cars?
    also as u know the advacer im using is a fuel retarder....can i advance the distributor to its maximum advance for cng? would it affect the petrol comsumption? or the retarder will retard the timing to optimum petrol settings wen run on petrol while maximally advanced for cng? these days the distributor is between 3 n 4 number...
    Belated Happy New Year 2012 to all DFC members

As per the instruction manual of your installed retarder, you have to set it at maximum advance on CNG and then set the petrol timing on the register/pot located in the connection window of retarder.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1. I have checked the woo with scanner available at central automobile and its fine. However sometimes it automatically turns off when the car is on signal or in neutral state(not often but some times). What may be the issue.

2. After engine overhauling from tahir sb at first RPM at neutral position was 1.1 and at 80 2.5 but after few days running it is 0.8-0.9 at neural and 2-2.1 at 80. Is it okay. (VSS sensor is present and working)

3. When the car starts, it gives jerk to bonnet but its drive is smooth. Mr. Tahir said that bonnet ribbet is missing(which is not available in market). Where i can find that bonnet support ribbet.

One thing i want to share with All DFC members that i have visited many mechanics but i found Mr. tahir G-8 Markaz is the best. Very cooperative, technically sound and especially very honest one. I have overhauled the engine and some other work (approx 65K worth) and i compare its rates and way of working and found no other match.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well I would differ. he is good, smiling, manageable but honestly I have found him overcharging in parts repeatedly and giving wrong statements about prices if one can find out. Work done is 'normally' good but not always. And now a days he is relying too much on his chotas which is spoiling the show.

He is a good option provided you know the car and totally updated about the prices. It is fine to negotiate with him on labour charges first and provide him the parts yourself (thats how one of my friends do it strictly with him and is satisfied with him).

My experience with mechanics is that 'know your car or get multiple opinions' if the time permits you.....

Quote Originally Posted by hafizsarwar View Post
    1. I have checked the woo with scanner available at central automobile and its fine. However sometimes it automatically turns off when the car is on signal or in neutral state(not often but some times). What may be the issue.

2. After engine overhauling from tahir sb at first RPM at neutral position was 1.1 and at 80 2.5 but after few days running it is 0.8-0.9 at neural and 2-2.1 at 80. Is it okay. (VSS sensor is present and working)

3. When the car starts, it gives jerk to bonnet but its drive is smooth. Mr. Tahir said that bonnet ribbet is missing(which is not available in market). Where i can find that bonnet support ribbet.

One thing i want to share with All DFC members that i have visited many mechanics but i found Mr. tahir G-8 Markaz is the best. Very cooperative, technically sound and especially very honest one. I have overhauled the engine and some other work (approx 65K worth) and i compare its rates and way of working and found no other match.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Jerks and initial missing on Petrol once accelerating

Hi my car has following symptoms:
    Once the acc. pedal is depressed it misses a bit and then suddenly accelerates (like it was short of fuel OR excessive fuel in throttle body)

Once brakes are applied like on speed breakers the engine become unstable momentarily or turns off sparingly.

I have got the fuel pump changed on a mechanic's advice (got japanese kabli twice as my electrician don't trust new chinese ones) but the problem is still there.

Can there be something related to throttle body/injector or advance timing of cng....?????????????????? Or give another try to fuel pump as the 2nd kabli is performing good but initially gari beth jaati hai

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what about the emulator??????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1. Get the IAC valve checked, it might be lazy in response to ECM requests. Also get the spark timing checked.

2. 1.1 K rpms are just fine for a cold engine while 825-850 rpms is the desired rpm ECM looks for when the engine is warm.

3. You can get contacts of various part dealers from page 3 of this forum about the availability.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ace66 View Post
    Hi my car has following symptoms:
    Once the acc. pedal is depressed it misses a bit and then suddenly accelerates (like it was short of fuel OR excessive fuel in throttle body)

Once brakes are applied like on speed breakers the engine become unstable momentarily or turns off sparingly.

I have got the fuel pump changed on a mechanic's advice (got japanese kabli twice as my electrician don't trust new chinese ones) but the problem is still there.

Can there be something related to throttle body/injector or advance timing of cng....?????????????????? Or give another try to fuel pump as the 2nd kabli is performing good but initially gari beth jaati hai
    Most probably these are symptoms of too advance timing. BTW did you replace the fuel filter? How the CNG installer managed to control the power of fuel pump?
    Mostly mechanics provide the output directly from the CNG switch and the built-in relay is not powerful enough to support the fuel pump leading to dropped current to the pump and as a result the fuel pressure is not enough to provide better pickup. It could also be one of the reason. Still if the problem persists, get a bosch pump.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what about the emulator??????
    Off-course you can install an emulator, and you can get any emulator, be it three injector or four. You have to hookup just one pair to control the injector. BTW if a relay is installed to control the injector and fuel pump you don't really need emulator. For automatic switching you have to purchase electronic CNG switch.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In my previous post in which i have admired Mr. Tahir, G-8 markaz, a member has given his view. An idea in my mind that experts like testdrive should rank the woo mechanics.This will help lot of people for mechanic selection. Recently i have heard about moon bahi on stadium road rwp and i was not aware of him before. Please consider following qualities and select top five mechanics:-

1. Honesty
    2.Quality of Work
    3.Attitude
    4.Availability of Spare Parts
    5.Guidance(e.g if he is unable to diagnose the problem, whether he refers to other or not)
    6.Labour Rates
    7. Spare Parts Rates
    8. Technical Skills

Take it positively and share your experience (especially old DFC Members) in order to save the time/money of new DFC Members. I am new DFC member and i have experienced too much problem regarding mechanic selection. In next post i will post the rates of my work done in order to prove that this guidance is necessary to save the time/money.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam,

I got my engine crank work done by khalid without labour as it was in guarrantee. Thanks to all for your advice especially to ultimatewhispers and offcourse testdriver. BTW testdriver, by looking at your statement i see that you see khalid as not a good mechanic regarding overhaul. Well the previous owner probably was very pleased with his work and he always went to him. I only noticed a few drawbacks of khalid, one is work management, he randomly rotates his and his chotas attention to every car that has come in, which distracts and time is lost. other than that i see that he has good knowledge of daewoo and i know if i follow my habbit as before of being on there head the whole time while working then the work is satisfactory. Anyway. here are the details of the work done on the crank and some other medium and small work done on the car.

1) Main Biggens (Crank set at .50) = 1950
    2) Chamber Joins = 650
    3) Main Seal = 550
    4) Oil Pump Seal = 250
    5) Gear Top Seal + Gear Lever Bush Set + Other seal for gear = 200 + 500 + 200 = 900
    6) Thermostate Valve = 850
    7) Kupp Join = 50
    8)Stearing Assembly Service + Repairing = 1500
    9) Kharathia Work = 1600
    10) Petrol for service and cleaning = 250
    11) Labour for Crank = Free (total labour for engine crank work (Rs. 2200 BTW) was done free on old owner and khalid's guarantee with him on engine overhaul)
    12) labour for work other than crank on the car = 500
    13)Power Oil for Gear = 280
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Total = 9330
    Discount = 570
    Total Payment = 8760.

98% satisfied by work done. Engine noise gone. Car smooth, Handling improved on steering cleaning. Overall car is running great. Now checking Petrol consumption. Lets see if it can go 10 Km /Ltr above as setting done on it. There is no Oil leak so far from both gear and engine as i checked ... lets see.

Oh and by the way a advice for people having oil leakage from chamber join: DO NOT USE THE BLACK OR RED SILICON ON THESE JOINS. USE THE PROPER SILICON FOR THIS INTENDED SECTION OF THE ENGINE WHICH IS GRAY/SILVER IN COLOUR AND IS USED FOR GASKET AND OIL CHAMBER JOINS SPECIFICALLY. ITS WRITTEN ON THE SILICON PACKING AND MADE IN USA.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Regarding Petrol Consumption

Dear Friends,

I want check with you what is the ideal and realistic petrol consumption which Deawoo should achieve or can achieve.

My car is currently giving me 8-9 km per liter in the city. I have checked with Faqir Hussain @G-10 and Tahir @G-8 and both say that this is what Daewoo will give. But I have been reading on this forum about 10-12 km per litter. Please share your experiences.

Also, to improve the petrol average, are there any check points which one should check (sorry about my total ignorance about engines and parts), but maybe Test Driver or anyone can guide people like me to get certain things checked or tune up so the average can improve.

thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Broken link

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    The download link of service manual is already mentioned on the top most post above.
    Dear Test Driver, the link seems to be broken. It says the file no longer exists. I have however received the email from asad_scorpio21 (I think), but thought that I should let you know.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nasirtariq View Post
    Salam,

I got my engine crank work done by khalid without labour as it was in guarrantee. Thanks to all for your advice especially to ultimatewhispers and offcourse testdriver. BTW testdriver, by looking at your statement i see that you see khalid as not a good mechanic regarding overhaul. Well the previous owner probably was very pleased with his work and he always went to him. I only noticed a few drawbacks of khalid, one is work management, he randomly rotates his and his chotas attention to every car that has come in, which distracts and time is lost. other than that i see that he has good knowledge of daewoo and i know if i follow my habbit as before of being on there head the whole time while working then the work is satisfactory. Anyway. here are the details of the work done on the crank and some other medium and small work done on the car.

1) Main Biggens (Crank set at .50) = 1950
    2) Chamber Joins = 650
    3) Main Seal = 550
    4) Oil Pump Seal = 250
    5) Gear Top Seal + Gear Lever Bush Set + Other seal for gear = 200 + 500 + 200 = 900
    6) Thermostate Valve = 850
    7) Kupp Join = 50
    8)Stearing Assembly Service + Repairing = 1500
    9) Kharathia Work = 1600
    10) Petrol for service and cleaning = 250
    11) Labour for Crank = Free (total labour for engine crank work (Rs. 2200 BTW) was done free on old owner and khalid's guarantee with him on engine overhaul)
    12) labour for work other than crank on the car = 500
    13)Power Oil for Gear = 280
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Total = 9330
    Discount = 570
    Total Payment = 8760.

98% satisfied by work done. Engine noise gone. Car smooth, Handling improved on steering cleaning. Overall car is running great. Now checking Petrol consumption. Lets see if it can go 10 Km /Ltr above as setting done on it. There is no Oil leak so far from both gear and engine as i checked ... lets see.

Oh and by the way a advice for people having oil leakage from chamber join: DO NOT USE THE BLACK OR RED SILICON ON THESE JOINS. USE THE PROPER SILICON FOR THIS INTENDED SECTION OF THE ENGINE WHICH IS GRAY/SILVER IN COLOUR AND IS USED FOR GASKET AND OIL CHAMBER JOINS SPECIFICALLY. ITS WRITTEN ON THE SILICON PACKING AND MADE IN USA.
    I have witnessed various anomalies in their overhaul procedure, it's good that you are satisfied. One thing you didn't notice, if the engine would have been nicely done before, it should have lasted longer. I know him for the last 15 years and he is an expert electrician!!!!!
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatewhispers View Post
    Dear Friends,

I want check with you what is the ideal and realistic petrol consumption which Deawoo should achieve or can achieve.

My car is currently giving me 8-9 km per liter in the city. I have checked with Faqir Hussain @G-10 and Tahir @G-8 and both say that this is what Daewoo will give. But I have been reading on this forum about 10-12 km per litter. Please share your experiences.

Also, to improve the petrol average, are there any check points which one should check (sorry about my total ignorance about engines and parts), but maybe Test Driver or anyone can guide people like me to get certain things checked or tune up so the average can improve.

thanks.
    The realistic mileage is 11-12 in city with gear change at 2.5K RPMS and light foot. I recommend you get the ECM scanned for any problem, since hit and trial will not give desired results. Yes all the sensors are involved in attaining ideal consumption and performance.

Also thanks for pointing out about the service manual links, I have re-validated them.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@testdrive please comment on my yesterday post #4770.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In my previous post in which i have admired Mr. Tahir, G-8 markaz, a member has given his view. An idea in my mind that experts like testdrive should rank the woo mechanics.This will help lot of people for mechanic selection. Recently i have heard about moon bahi on stadium road rwp and i was not aware of him before. Please consider following qualities and select top five mechanics:-

1. Honesty
    2.Quality of Work
    3.Attitude
    4.Availability of Spare Parts
    5.Guidance(e.g if he is unable to diagnose the problem, whether he refers to other or not)
    6.Labour Rates
    7. Spare Parts Rates
    8. Technical Skills

Take it positively and share your experience (especially old DFC Members) in order to save the time/money of new DFC Members. I am new DFC member and i have experienced too much problem regarding mechanic selection. In next post i will post the rates of my work done in order to prove that this guidance is necessary to save the time/money.
    I haven't tried them all, but if you are knowledgeable enough, you can keep a check on them. I recommend that every daewoo owner should keep the contacts lists with them and do a telephonic survey before doing any task on their car.

Honesty as far as you technically know something and be on their head all the time

Talking about other skills, I want to tell everyone that majority of the mechanics dispersed in Islamabad/Rawalpindi have been trained from only one institute, the Federal Autos. For spare parts I recommend Aziz Autos in Rawalpindi Saddar having huge stock of spares at competitive prices, and also that everyone should spare some time and purchase the spare parts themselves - remember bargaining is the key which only we can do not anyone else. As far as electricians are concerned, Khalid is the main trainer of other daewoo electricians and he also worked in Federal Autos.

The ones I have tried so far (in Islamabad/Rawalpindi) or heard good about them are:

Mechanics:
    - Faqir Hussain @ I & T Centre, G-10, Isb.
    - Shahid @ I & T Centre, G-10, Isb.
    - Main Khan @ Fauji Tower, Rwp.
    - Tahir @ G-8 Markaz, Isb.

Electrician:
    - Khalid @ I-9, Isb.

Parts:
    - Aziz Autos @ Saddar, Rwp.
    - Federal Autos @ I-10, Isb.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@testdrive you have rated the mechanics in such a good way that i understand the whole story. I think first someone should have enough knowledge and bargain quality otherwise no mechanic is best. Thank you very much for your brief answer.

Now some more questions.

1. Should coolant be used or water?.

2. Where the temperature needle should be, in my car it is mostly in between start and half of wight sign and some times it reaches at the end of white below green. Where it should be and when some one take care to avoid car heeting.

3. Which one is the best denter of daewoo. there is some space in doors on upper corner with roof, although there is no damage(water etc) but it looks awkward. Should i adjust the space or keep it in same position.

4.I have heard that diesel (clean) should be sprayed on bottom to avoid rust, is this true or suggest an alternative to control the rust.

5. Which engine oil should be used and after how much KMs.?

6. Which Air Filter/Oil Filter and plugs are recommended.?

7. I have overhauled the engine completely, how much running on petrol is recommended. Please also suggest some tips during running and after running to keep the engine in fit condition.

Sorry for some basic questions, which may irritate someone but they are valuable for me as i have little knowledge.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thx for the replt testdriver....i dont think a relay is installed for injector and fuel pump as once the cng technician did try electronic switch but it didnt work....for now i will let go of this idea ...
    right now i want to ask about petrol settings...recently i changed the valves of my car as it was missing....on both petrol and cng and mechanic and electrician said two of the valves were damaged and dat was due to bad petrol quality...any how the fuel tank was washed as well....i got the car yesterday and put in 1000rs petrol approx 11 litres i guess and my car ran just 75km after which the engine started to shut off so i guess the petrol ended...i made the rough guess abt petrol consumption which must be like 7litres/ km...man its too much...i want to run the car on petrol but cant with such high consumption...
    plz can u help me in telling me what shall be done? as i m already using an advancer as u know...set on cng setting...
    is there anything like computerised petrol tunning?
    should i go for that?
    and also wanted to ask if this distributor being on cng has anything to do with high fuel consumption? but at the same time do ve advancer...doesnt it kinda runs it on fuel setting the same time acting as fuel retarder...
    help me out.....im thinking for petrol tunning but wanted to ask if like computerised CNG tunning there is petrol tunning as well?
    IF there is such tunning on computers then does any body know of any good tunning workshop in LAHORE city?
    so many questions.....but i cant help it as once a thing gets stuck in my mind i cant let go of it till its solved and in doing so i ve spent a lot on this car....especially for this petrol thing....i really wana ve good average on it...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@testdrive you have rated the mechanics in such a good way that i understand the whole story. I think first someone should have enough knowledge and bargain quality otherwise no mechanic is best. Thank you very much for your brief answer.

Now some more questions.

1. Should coolant be used or water?.

2. Where the temperature needle should be, in my car it is mostly in between start and half of wight sign and some times it reaches at the end of white below green. Where it should be and when some one take care to avoid car heeting.

3. Which one is the best denter of daewoo. there is some space in doors on upper corner with roof, although there is no damage(water etc) but it looks awkward. Should i adjust the space or keep it in same position.

4.I have heard that diesel (clean) should be sprayed on bottom to avoid rust, is this true or suggest an alternative to control the rust.

5. Which engine oil should be used and after how much KMs.?

6. Which Air Filter/Oil Filter and plugs are recommended.?

7. I have overhauled the engine completely, how much running on petrol is recommended. Please also suggest some tips during running and after running to keep the engine in fit condition.

Sorry for some basic questions, which may irritate someone but they are valuable for me as i have little knowledge.
    1. Coolant with proper proportion of distilled water. I recommend using the pre-mixed formula from Zic.

2. The temperature needle should be around the half mark. BTW don't blindly trust the temperature needle as usually all the Daewoo's temperature gauge wiring is tinkered by adding an additional resistance in series to show lower readings than actual. Still a resistance of 47 Ohm in series gives more accurate results, tried and verified with the scanner readings, while in your case it seems that the resistance value is different.

3. Good denter is a difficult question, still you can contact Tahir @ G-8, as he has a reasonable denter in his team.

4. Never spray diesel or used mobil oil. If there is some rust, take your car to denter/mechanic/painter and ask them to apply AutoShield coat. Once it's done, no rust will appear again unless the autoshield coating is scrapped.

5. Zic-A (not Zic-A+) in 10w40 or petromin ultra7/Liquimoly (yes liquimoly is also providing semi-synthetic oil) in 20w50

6. Genuine air filter, genuine or guard oil filter, ngk/champion plugs.

7. Follow user manual instructions.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thx for the replt testdriver....i dont think a relay is installed for injector and fuel pump as once the cng technician did try electronic switch but it didnt work....for now i will let go of this idea ...
    right now i want to ask about petrol settings...recently i changed the valves of my car as it was missing....on both petrol and cng and mechanic and electrician said two of the valves were damaged and dat was due to bad petrol quality...any how the fuel tank was washed as well....i got the car yesterday and put in 1000rs petrol approx 11 litres i guess and my car ran just 75km after which the engine started to shut off so i guess the petrol ended...i made the rough guess abt petrol consumption which must be like 7litres/ km...man its too much...i want to run the car on petrol but cant with such high consumption...
    plz can u help me in telling me what shall be done? as i m already using an advancer as u know...set on cng setting...
    is there anything like computerised petrol tunning?
    should i go for that?
    and also wanted to ask if this distributor being on cng has anything to do with high fuel consumption? but at the same time do ve advancer...doesnt it kinda runs it on fuel setting the same time acting as fuel retarder...
    help me out.....im thinking for petrol tunning but wanted to ask if like computerised CNG tunning there is petrol tunning as well?
    IF there is such tunning on computers then does any body know of any good tunning workshop in LAHORE city?
    so many questions.....but i cant help it as once a thing gets stuck in my mind i cant let go of it till its solved and in doing so i ve spent a lot on this car....especially for this petrol thing....i really wana ve good average on it...
    Once you have to somehow get the ECM scanned to help diagnose the problem. If the engine is running rich (black smoke from the exhaust), try setting the CO. If you have doubt on the advancer, temporarily remove it and try driving on petrol without it.

I am also doubtful about the connections of advancer, can you take a snap from the distributor wiring to the advancer?
    Adnan's

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List