Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

im in lahore and i dnt think there is any daewoo scanner available here in lahore....i asked a guy who does computerised tunning of cng but he said only daewoo poeple can do it. but he said he can do petrol tunning but i doubt if he can really do it.....i went to enercon as well and the guy there said it has single injecton system and there is no knob for petrol tunning and its ECM is self learning type so it cant be tunned apart from cleaning the plugs etc..........
    i will post the pic. i dnt know if advancer is working to its full capacity but at least that much i knw that it is working coz my car is running fine both on CNG and PETROL while distributor is set on CNG setting..where as before advancer was installed the car used to rev up and then switch off at the same distributor setting....which isnt happening now after installing the advancer and running the car at same advancement for CNG and petrol..infact i tried to set the distributor on petrol mark but the pick was very much reduced on both PETROL n CNG...and dats how i knew it was fuel retarder for sure....
    i wish i had fund the real STAP56....which runs the car on petrol setting and advances time for cng....would installing a relay for injector and fuel pump help? or adjusting the rpm....i think after installing the new valves to correct the missing problem, somehow the settings for both cng and petrol r affected...coz the full CNG cylinder ran just for 80 to 85 km in the city...
    plz help out..should i go to the guy who said he can tune up the car thru computer both for CNG n PETROL...does the scanner which normally scans ECM of honda corolla can also be used to scan DAEWOO ecm?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer Experience

Salam Brothers !!!
    I have recently bouhgt a Daewoo Racer 96. Ihad a mehran before Racer.But i would say That Its such an Amazing and luxury car i think mehran is a waste of Money. i would say those who are looking for a luxurius car in mehrans price they should go for Daewoo.

There are few things i want to know.1st how to raise the antenna of radio hahah.2nd i want to know that i bought this car for 345K is it ok.if u ask about condition then the condition is bombastic.here a few photos. oh one more thing that the voice of tape is very low is it by company or there is some problem????Daewoo fan club -350232

Daewoo fan club -350233

Daewoo fan club -350234

Daewoo fan club -350235

Daewoo fan club -350236

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guybwp View Post
    im in lahore and i dnt think there is any daewoo scanner available here in lahore....i asked a guy who does computerised tunning of cng but he said only daewoo poeple can do it. but he said he can do petrol tunning but i doubt if he can really do it.....i went to enercon as well and the guy there said it has single injecton system and there is no knob for petrol tunning and its ECM is self learning type so it cant be tunned apart from cleaning the plugs etc..........
    i will post the pic. i dnt know if advancer is working to its full capacity but at least that much i knw that it is working coz my car is running fine both on CNG and PETROL while distributor is set on CNG setting..where as before advancer was installed the car used to rev up and then switch off at the same distributor setting....which isnt happening now after installing the advancer and running the car at same advancement for CNG and petrol..infact i tried to set the distributor on petrol mark but the pick was very much reduced on both PETROL n CNG...and dats how i knew it was fuel retarder for sure....
    i wish i had fund the real STAP56....which runs the car on petrol setting and advances time for cng....would installing a relay for injector and fuel pump help? or adjusting the rpm....i think after installing the new valves to correct the missing problem, somehow the settings for both cng and petrol r affected...coz the full CNG cylinder ran just for 80 to 85 km in the city...
    plz help out..should i go to the guy who said he can tune up the car thru computer both for CNG n PETROL...does the scanner which normally scans ECM of honda corolla can also be used to scan DAEWOO ecm?
    There is a CO potentiometer for fine tuning of fuel delivery. Take your car to enercon and ask them to adjust the mixture setting through it. The location is mentioned in the attached picture for reference.

Daewoo fan club -350291

Regarding your second question, No you cannot use any other scanner.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Hamza24

WAS!
    You got a good deal as the condition of your car seems nice! What is the condition of engine and suspension? Regarding your queries:

1. Try using magnet or tie a small piece of wire beneath antenna tip
    2. Yes the radio/cassette player is not loud, only 5 + 5 watt rms!
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mashallah The suspension is in excellent condition and the engine Also powerful.Engine 101000 Km Driven original Engine and never opened(overhauled). every thing is perfectly working.
    Plz tell what should i do to make its consumption better because its giving me 110 on cng and on petrol 8 to 10 km /Liter.Here are few more pics.

Thanks!Daewoo fan club -350352

Daewoo fan club -350353

Daewoo fan club -350354

Daewoo fan club -350355

Daewoo fan club -350356

Daewoo fan club -350358

Daewoo fan club -350359

Daewoo fan club -350360

Daewoo fan club -350361

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the enercon guy here is the one who said the ecm has self learning thing for fuel delivery and consumption..they r not apt enough regarding this car i guess..i will go to my mechanic to check the CO....i guess i gotta ve to take trip to isb one of these days may be guys there know about the advancer....much better then guys here..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    The realistic mileage is 11-12 in city with gear change at 2.5K RPMS and light foot. I recommend you get the ECM scanned for any problem, since hit and trial will not give desired results. Yes all the sensors are involved in attaining ideal consumption and performance.

Also thanks for pointing out about the service manual links, I have re-validated them.
    Thanks for re-validating the links. Will get my ECM scanned in next week and share the results.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Test Driver
    I have turned turned my daewoo on petrol during current CNG crisis. But on petrol the car taking jerks after covering some distance rest the car is marvellous. Kindly guide me what should I do?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asifnadeem1975 View Post
    Dear Test Driver
    I have turned turned my daewoo on petrol during current CNG crisis. But on petrol the car taking jerks after covering some distance rest the car is marvellous. Kindly guide me what should I do?
    Did you check the fuel pump and fuel filter? Do you get any error code/CEL? Any black smoke from exhaust?
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1. Before overhauling the engine, the car was giving oily black smoke. Now i have overhauled and the car is still giving the smoke but it is not oily. Tahir has said that it will take time(approx 6 month) to clear the old smoke from silensor. Is it another way to clear the smoke.

2. Regarding water dropping from engine in the morning, on petrol water drops after 2-4 minutes start. Should it drop water immediately or this one is OK and a good sign of engine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Reference Post #4770 below are the rates of work done in my woo from Tahir Sb G-8 Markaz. (Please point out the items about over rate):-

Fuel Injector - 3000
    Crank - 7000
    Piston - 3000
    Ring - 2100
    Jain Kit - 1400
    Cam House - 1500
    Labour - 4000
    Oil Pump - 3000
    Excel Set - 3000
    Plug - 580
    Wheel Baring(8) - 1900
    Timing Belt - 700
    Self - 2600
    Cam - 6000
    Fuel Pump - 1500
    Kharadia - 2500

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Test Driver, i have Daewoo Recer 1993 model, i am very much confused regarding Radiator FAN. I have overhauled my engine from Shahid G-10. He said that your FAN should be direct and he made it BUT now i have made it automatic by some electrician but still a problem in low speed of FAN. I want to know that what is the Genuine procedure of radiator FAN and how many speeds of FAN are ?. Said electrician insert a lupi with a fuse and told me that whenever you want to start the low speed of FAN you just have to complete the circuit of lupi with a fuse then FAN will always start at low speed means DIRECT. But It is very hard to accept that the company do like that. I think this is a CHOOGAAR. Please help me in this context and advised me some good electrician. i am very much obliged

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hafizsarwar View Post
    Reference Post #4770 below are the rates of work done in my woo from Tahir Sb G-8 Markaz. (Please point out the items about over rate):-

Fuel Injector - 3000
    Crank - 7000
    Piston - 3000
    Ring - 2100
    Jain Kit - 1400
    Cam House - 1500
    Labour - 4000
    Oil Pump - 3000
    Excel Set - 3000
    Plug - 580
    Wheel Baring(8) - 1900
    Timing Belt - 700
    Self - 2600
    Cam - 6000
    Fuel Pump - 1500
    Kharadia - 2500
    I am not aware of prices for majority of the items above, but as I mentioned earlier, you can check the prices of various items from the part dealers. Labor and Kharadia seems reasonable though.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammadusmani1 View Post
    Dear Test Driver, i have Daewoo Recer 1993 model, i am very much confused regarding Radiator FAN. I have overhauled my engine from Shahid G-10. He said that your FAN should be direct and he made it BUT now i have made it automatic by some electrician but still a problem in low speed of FAN. I want to know that what is the Genuine procedure of radiator FAN and how many speeds of FAN are ?. Said electrician insert a lupi with a fuse and told me that whenever you want to start the low speed of FAN you just have to complete the circuit of lupi with a fuse then FAN will always start at low speed means DIRECT. But It is very hard to accept that the company do like that. I think this is a CHOOGAAR. Please help me in this context and advised me some good electrician. i am very much obliged
    I have already send you a reply, and I have also got your reply back. Still quoting it here for other's reference.

AoA,

There are two speeds in the fan, when the engine gets little hotter than optimum temperature, the fan starts at low speed, still if the engine does not cool down within one minute, the fan runs at full speed.

As far as the "lupi" is concerned, company has given an emergency mechanism of running the radiator fan and one has to put a fuse of 30A between the two pins...

Your reply:

Quote Originally Posted by ammadusmani1
    Walaikum Sallam, Thanks for your active response, please also tell me the electrician who can do this and which type of coolant i can use in the radiator and how much quantity of water i will mix it. JazakALLAH
    Regarding electrician, you can contact Arshad Electrician in G-10, I&T Centre near Shahid's workshop, I don't have his contact number.

For coolant I recommend use of zic premixed formula.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@testdrive please answer post #4791

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hafizsarwar View Post
    1. Before overhauling the engine, the car was giving oily black smoke. Now i have overhauled and the car is still giving the smoke but it is not oily. Tahir has said that it will take time(approx 6 month) to clear the old smoke from silensor. Is it another way to clear the smoke.

2. Regarding water dropping from engine in the morning, on petrol water drops after 2-4 minutes start. Should it drop water immediately or this one is OK and a good sign of engine.
    1. The silencer should emit blue smoke if engine is consuming oil, if it is emitting black smoke (on petrol), it is running rich mixture. Regarding residual oil in the silencer, it should vanish with the passage of time.

2. Water dropping does not start instantly in the morning, but when the engine becomes a little warmer (the time span depends on the ambient temperature).
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Hi, about symbols of ac fan and thermostate

Hi,

now a days I am using heater in my daewoo racer, but i dont know , what the symbols mean in second knob with fan speed .
    what should be the proper setting of knob.

thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    I have already send you a reply, and I have also got your reply back. Still quoting it here for other's reference.

AoA,

There are two speeds in the fan, when the engine gets little hotter than optimum temperature, the fan starts at low speed, still if the engine does not cool down within one minute, the fan runs at full speed.

As far as the "lupi" is concerned, company has given an emergency mechanism of running the radiator fan and one has to put a fuse of 30A between the two pins...

Your reply:

Regarding electrician, you can contact Arshad Electrician in G-10, I&T Centre near Shahid's workshop, I don't have his contact number.

For coolant I recommend use of zic premixed formula.
    @Testdriver
    AoA! Thanks for your guidance JazakALLAH

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Original Daewoo Gti for sale in Islamabad(Karachi Number)

i have posted it on the next page
    Attached Images Attached Images      

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@testdriver:

You might remember that i changed MAP sensor of my car 3-4 months back and it was working fine. during my recent trip to RWP, in one frozen morning car did not start at petrol even with towing with other car. However it staretd on CNG and when converted to petrol it was missing a lot with black emission. However after some time it become smooth on petrol. it also consumed comparatively enough petrol during the day drive.

I went to Moon mechanic and he checked it and said that every thing is working fine.
    I could not understand that what happened to it in morning at that day. After my return to LHR i again faced the same situation after two days in the morning. This time i called mechanic and he came with a kabli MAP sensor and the car was started with the kbali MAP sensor. ( i was in office at that time). However with kabli sensor its still startin fine. I dont know whether or not he checked the error codes?

Can you guide that how new MAP sensor became faulty in just 3-4 month time. How can i judge that how long this kabli sensor will work fine.
    Any furtehr guidance??

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List