Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default CARES for Weak Engine

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    It depends on the current status of engine. If just crank has play, then you will need to rebuild the block. It will cost around 20K. For a complete overhaul, @sahhil has given you an estimated cost. Better take your car to mechanic for better opinion.
    My Engine is weak
    How Can I manage 2 make it running for a long time. Give the tips and precautions to drive a car with Weak engine

the most imp thing!!!!!!!! sumbdy told me to use thick mobil oil like one that is used for diesel engine named Rimula. If i use that thick oil then wat do u think. Will it work or may have sum negative effects

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Total quartz is also a good brand provided you get the original one. I generally recommend any oil in transparent/light yellow color. (as told by an expert, at-least it ensures that the oil is not a recycled one).

(a) I found Zic A (not A+) in 10w40 and Petromin ultra7 in 20w50 to be better.
    (b) The exact quantity is 3.78 litre with genuine filter and genuine single chamber packing. If using non genuine filter with double chamber packing, the amount may vary. The best practice is to pour 3.5 litre in one go and then check with dip stick unless you get the max mark reached.
    (c) You should change the filter with each oil change.
    Thanx for timely response

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sahhil_22 View Post
    (a) if its satisfactory for you, its good, else use caltex havoulline
    (b) wha do you mean?
    (c) with every oil change, i change mine after 3K
    Thanx for timely response

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes you can find one. If you are interested in purchasing one, get in contact with the workshop people (contacts at page 3) first.
    okay. being neutral, how is daewoo as a daily driver car? achi hai?
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    No doubt daewoo is excellant if it is maintained properly. I have a daewoo 2003 Islamabad Registered Officer Scheme, silver metalic with RMP meter. I have recently completed all mechanical work alongwith complete engine overhaul. No mechanical work required at all. You can confirm its mechanical condition from G-8 Markaz Tahir Sb(Daewoo Mechanic) for your satisfaction. I want to sale out and my demand is Rs. 3,45,000/-. For further queries please contact 0344-5155288.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    My Daewoo is daily runner since last 4 years , its a trouble free, reliable and comfortable car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default engine overhaul finally done

AOA friends

Last week i finally overhauled my car's engine details are mentioned below for your reference, work is done by Moon (New auto complex) lathe work is done by a baba jee located in I-09 near eye hospital, parts have been purchased from Rajpuut autos gawalmandi. I have lost the receipt of Rajpuut so could'nt give you the detail account, but the total bill of spares was about 10k that included, rings piston, chamber Jain, gaskets, main bigen, valves etc

Work was done in 5 days approx, twist in the tale came when kharadia told me that head is in a very bad shape and its quite a hassle to fix it and its good if i can arrange a qabli head, I rang ahata mithu khan, talked to khair mohammad and he said that a good head will cost me around 15k, which was way to high than my expectations, through Moon i contacted a scrap dealor of lahore named nadeem and after bargaining made a deal for 8k, transferred the money through easy paisa (used it for the very first tym and found it very useful), nadeem got the money instantly and booked the head with a rivate courier company, head arrived the next morning for Rs 200(a2z couriers) after that work went smoothly and got the car after 5 days here is the expenditure details

Parts: 10k
    lathe work: 3500
    mechanical labour: 5k
    electrical wiring: 2k
    carpet/engine bay/dashboard cleaning:3k
    petrol used for cleaning of head :1500
    Changed brake servo with corolla: 3k

around 6k petrol is used during running!!

After running went again for CNG tuning spark plugs were having some carbon on them so Moon took the qabli head out (it was fixed as it was received, and no work was done) some lathe work was done which took a whole day

so got the car yesterday and so far car is running good and engine is roaring like a new one, butttt its been a tough month

I hope this post will be helpful for you guys, though a bit lengthy :p
    A "cool dude" who says civic is the best car in the universe actually owns a CD 70!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hafizsarwar View Post
    No doubt daewoo is excellant if it is maintained properly. I have a daewoo 2003 Islamabad Registered Officer Scheme, silver metalic with RMP meter. I have recently completed all mechanical work alongwith complete engine overhaul. No mechanical work required at all. You can confirm its mechanical condition from G-8 Markaz Tahir Sb(Daewoo Mechanic) for your satisfaction. I want to sale out and my demand is Rs. 3,45,000/-. For further queries please contact 0344-5155288.
    can you please share some pictures?
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thanda View Post
    AOA friends

Last week i finally overhauled my car's engine details are mentioned below for your reference, work is done by Moon (New auto complex) lathe work is done by a baba jee located in I-09 near eye hospital, parts have been purchased from Rajpuut autos gawalmandi. I have lost the receipt of Rajpuut so could'nt give you the detail account, but the total bill of spares was about 10k that included, rings piston, chamber Jain, gaskets, main bigen, valves etc

Work was done in 5 days approx, twist in the tale came when kharadia told me that head is in a very bad shape and its quite a hassle to fix it and its good if i can arrange a qabli head, I rang ahata mithu khan, talked to khair mohammad and he said that a good head will cost me around 15k, which was way to high than my expectations, through Moon i contacted a scrap dealor of lahore named nadeem and after bargaining made a deal for 8k, transferred the money through easy paisa (used it for the very first tym and found it very useful), nadeem got the money instantly and booked the head with a rivate courier company, head arrived the next morning for Rs 200(a2z couriers) after that work went smoothly and got the car after 5 days here is the expenditure details

Parts: 10k
    lathe work: 3500
    mechanical labour: 5k
    electrical wiring: 2k
    carpet/engine bay/dashboard cleaning:3k
    petrol used for cleaning of head :1500
    Changed brake servo with corolla: 3k

around 6k petrol is used during running!!

After running went again for CNG tuning spark plugs were having some carbon on them so Moon took the qabli head out (it was fixed as it was received, and no work was done) some lathe work was done which took a whole day

so got the car yesterday and so far car is running good and engine is roaring like a new one, butttt its been a tough month

I hope this post will be helpful for you guys, though a bit lengthy :p
    Thanx a lot for sharing such valuable information

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam to All

Anyone knows about the difference in the documents of "Taxi Scheme" and "Officer Scheme" Daewoos?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asifnadeem1975 View Post
    Salam to All

Anyone knows about the difference in the documents of "Taxi Scheme" and "Officer Scheme" Daewoos?
    in taxi scheme in the copy "TAXI CAR" will be written and also its reg no will be like, RPT=rwp pblic trnsprt, IDT= isb trnsprt ,LPT=lahore public trnsprt ,LHP ,PH , PT

for officer scheme "MOTOR CAR" will be written in the copy against car type

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Battery Advised needed please

Dear Testdriver and All respected members,

I am very much confused regarding battery installation in Daewoo. If I insert AGS battery in daewoo, than you know that its terminals touches the bonnet because of its size and same for the other batteries like Exide, Phonex etc. Volta company make DIN size batteries which I think suit for Daewoo due to its small size in hight. But my cousin is working there and he told me to avoid Volta in any manner because of its bad quality. Another option is of Hankook Imported battery available in Islamabad battery, Melody BUT I don't know about its quality. Please help me in this regard I am very much obliged.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sidss View Post
    My Engine is weak
    How Can I manage 2 make it running for a long time. Give the tips and precautions to drive a car with Weak engine

the most imp thing!!!!!!!! sumbdy told me to use thick mobil oil like one that is used for diesel engine named Rimula. If i use that thick oil then wat do u think. Will it work or may have sum negative effects
    Weak up to which extent? How much oil it consumes? Any sound from the crank or cam?

You can use any oil in 20w50, try Petromin Ultra7(20W50) or Liquimoly MoS-2 (20W50)[only available at LM franchise]. Also try to avoid revving engine too much (above 2.5K RPMs), if you do not have RPM installed, try changing the gear at every 20Km/H range, like 1st gear up-to 20Km/H, 2nd gear up-to 40Km/H, 3rd gear up-to 60Km/H, 4th up-to 80Km/H(and 5th up-to 100Km/H if you have 5 speed transmission). Keep regular check on the oil level.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammadusmani1 View Post
    Dear Testdriver and All respected members,

I am very much confused regarding battery installation in Daewoo. If I insert AGS battery in daewoo, than you know that its terminals touches the bonnet because of its size and same for the other batteries like Exide, Phonex etc. Volta company make DIN size batteries which I think suit for Daewoo due to its small size in hight. But my cousin is working there and he told me to avoid Volta in any manner because of its bad quality. Another option is of Hankook Imported battery available in Islamabad battery, Melody BUT I don't know about its quality. Please help me in this regard I am very much obliged.
    You are right, you will need a DIN size battery for you Daewoo as long as you keep everything stock. The battery fitment problem becomes worse for a Cielo. I am currently using Volta DIN55 battery and it is working fine. The good thing is that it is covered by a 6 month replacement warranty. So in case of any problem you can claim another unit from company. The Hankook battery you are referring to, is an imported unit so I think you won't get any warranty unless provided by the shopkeeper on his own.

If you are willing to do a little modification to the battery tray, you can consult any expert denter. It just needs few hammer hits and a space upto 2 cm can easily be made. I have witnessed a Cielo undergone the same treatment and a regular battery was perfectly in place without any problem.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You are right, you will need a DIN size battery for you Daewoo as long as you keep everything stock. The battery fitment problem becomes worse for a Cielo. I am currently using Volta DIN55 battery and it is working fine. The good thing is that it is covered by a 6 month replacement warranty. So in case of any problem you can claim another unit from company. The Hankook battery you are referring to, is an imported unit so I think you won't get any warranty unless provided by the shopkeeper on his own.

If you are willing to do a little modification to the battery tray, you can consult any expert denter. It just needs few hammer hits and a space upto 2 cm can easily be made. I have witnessed a Cielo undergone the same treatment and a regular battery was perfectly in place without any problem.
    Thank you very much for your nice advice

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asad_scorpio21 View Post
    i will not discuss for city drive , i will just talk about long routes (Motorway/G.T road , No Traffic jamming, No signals)
    I got 215 km mileage in 10 Kg cylinder on G.T road , Although my car having 4 Speed transmission , 5 speed Transmission gives better mileage with low engine noise. Mileage is depend upon cng setting and Driving habits. Drive with soft foot (Low RPMs)will definitely gives better mileage.
    Around three weeks back i travelled to pindi; and from LHR to RWP one cylinder gave 180Km mileage, while travelling back to LHR it gave 240 Km mileage. Alhamdolillah.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice come back, asadscorpio and sahil. wellcome.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Shah73 View Post
    Around three weeks back i travelled to pindi; and from LHR to RWP one cylinder gave 180Km mileage, while travelling back to LHR it gave 240 Km mileage. Alhamdolillah.
    Mashallah excellent cng consumption

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Found this cielo in pakwheels, civic's dashboard looking nice

Daewoo fan club -365646

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wow it is nice.....very kool infact.......

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List