Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all

Sorry for being offline for a while!

Quote Originally Posted by daewooprince View Post
    helo sir, why i can not find my daewoo prince in those list? is it because prince is already change to chairman?
    Daewoo prince is already mentioned in the list with C20LE engine. You can find the service manual here.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by seismic View Post
    Dear testdriver,

1- STAP56 configuration and shape that you posted earlier differ from the Landirenzo guide on the web. According to the guide there are total six switches. Microswitche 1 & 2 should be on for 4 cylinder car. ON switch 3 & 4 for 15 deg. Should other configuration of switch 3 & 4 be applied? Where to position the switches 5 & 6 ??. Snapshot of translated landirenzo guide is attached.
    2- There are numbers 90 234 971 written beside the distributor. What they represent and for petrol where the distributor arrow should point to. For cng you earlier quoted " it should be around 5 and 9" there is no 5 on distributor? OR should distributor be adjusted by rotating and checking engine response. Isn't better first set the distributor and then adjust gas?
    3- On my way to home town i always face problem (car pick almost dead) when fill cng from central/southern punjab. I have to advance the distributor, re-adjust the mixuture myself and a compromising setting is attained in 15min-1hr.
    I want the car a bit advance on cng with STAP56 installed so that it run smooth in both the regions. Will STAP56 be the solution for this problem as well? or need somthing else.
    Actually the wiring diagram I shared here is from my old STAP-56 which I installed back in 2004. May be the newer version has additional functionality that's why the wiring is a little bit changed.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hafizsarwar View Post
    Yesterday i visited Azad Kashmir and my woo perform will except that one time brake failed and By the grace of Allah he escaped me. Just after pressing the paddels 3-4 times the brake started functioning again. It is original woo brake and should i replace it with Toyota Servo as i don't want to take risk next time(although brakes are working fine now without any service). Kindly suggest.
    Thanks to Allah that you are safe. Regarding servo change, try getting Cielo brake servo with master cylinder. It works better in a Daewoo Racer than the Toyota and Nissan servo. Also get the brake serviced since once heated up, all the rubber parts worn out causing frequent brake failures upon heating up.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guybwp View Post
    just noticed that while driving the car heat needle goes up to the middle of green area with AC on. but as the rpm goes down the needle goes down a bit as well...this happens even when the car vibrates sometimes when i press the clutch with AC on....
    so my question is does this have to do with IAC valve? rpm fluctuation associated with heat up?
    It seems like the A/C is tripping and as a result you are facing the issue, since RPM goes down when A/C compressor is "OFF" and rises up viceversa.
    Adnan's

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo

Thankyou Ace66 And Test driver For reply.

Jazakallah.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Stap56 configuration

Thanks,
    But still confused..
    What i understood the order of installing the STAP is as,
    1. Make STAP wiring connections with the engine OFF.
    2. Start the car on cng mode, advance the distributor, set cng mixture settings. Once ideal cng settings attained, switch to petrol and set the distributor for petrol. Switch off the engine when petrol setting is done.
    4. Programme the microswitches as i understood from the guide (with the engine off !)
    1 & 2 OFF (For 4 cylinder car)
    3 & 4 ON (15 deg. advancement)
    5 ON ( For advancement with the engine speed)
    6 ON (advance disable below1000 rpm) Should it be disabled below 1000 rpm?
    Start the car on cng and set TPS adjust on STAP until red light turns off.
    If Red light turns on while acceleration and turns off at idle setting is done.

I am still in search of where to position the distributor arrow against the number written beside it.
    please help.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    It seems like the A/C is tripping and as a result you are facing the issue, since RPM goes down when A/C compressor is "OFF" and rises up viceversa.
    yes ac does trip coz last year installed tripwall....it trips the ac after a while....shoyld i change the IAC valve coz on pressing clutch the car sometimes vibrates and some times runs all ok...and some times as it vibrates it switches off as well..is high rpm bad for the car s it heats up the engine...should i remove the tripwall but then the ac will run continously n i think dats not good aswell...plz let me know as soon as possibl thx

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how to check the fuel level sensor located in the petrol tank if its functioning correctly?..i bought mine few months back...but i m not sure if its working correctly coz even when i fill in 20 litres petrol the gauge just goes upto the red mark and not above it....
    kindlt can anybody tell?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes ac does trip coz last year installed tripwall....it trips the ac after a while....shoyld i change the IAC valve coz on pressing clutch the car sometimes vibrates and some times runs all ok...and some times as it vibrates it switches off as well..is high rpm bad for the car s it heats up the engine...should i remove the tripwall but then the ac will run continously n i think dats not good aswell...plz let me know as soon as possibl thx
    The reason I mentioned the A/C tripping mechanism is that you need not to worry about it. Do not alter or replace anything, since everything seems normal.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how to check the fuel level sensor located in the petrol tank if its functioning correctly?..i bought mine few months back...but i m not sure if its working correctly coz even when i fill in 20 litres petrol the gauge just goes upto the red mark and not above it....
    kindlt can anybody tell?
    The most simple technique to check the fuel gauge is to remove the fuel pump from the tank and pull the fuel gauge float all the way up. The needle should go all the way up. If it doesn't, the gauge is faulty otherwise the float needs calibration. The calibration mechanism is simple, if it is showing less fuel than actual, just little bit bend the float arm downward. keep doing it until you get accurate figure. If it is showing more fuel than actual, do the same trick as above but this time the direction of bend should be upwards.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For last few days I was facing problem of water boiling in radiator bottle. according to some experts, the head gasket may be problem. I approached Mr. Tahir @ G-8 on last saturday. After inspecting the car, He turned down the possibility of head gasket issue and did following rectifications:

(a) change the radiator bottle cap
    (b) adjust the engine rpm. As the rpm were too high.
    (c) while adjusting the rpm on ac, the IAC valve found u/s replace the same.

Now the car is running OK. as the car is running for last three days. testdriver is requested to comment on it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The most simple technique to check the fuel gauge is to remove the fuel pump from the tank and pull the fuel gauge float all the way up. The needle should go all the way up. If it doesn't, the gauge is faulty otherwise the float needs calibration. The calibration mechanism is simple, if it is showing less fuel than actual, just little bit bend the float arm downward. keep doing it until you get accurate figure. If it is showing more fuel than actual, do the same trick as above but this time the direction of bend should be upwards.
    AoA! My question is how can we know or measure that fuel gauge showing less than actual or vice versa because we don't have a digital figure. Or Adnan Bhai please tell me that what is the total capacity of Daewoo Fuel Tank or how much liter it takes in reserve.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi guys. I have got a strange problem. My woo (a15mf swapped a long time ago :p) reaches 3k-3.5k rpm after startup and gets to 1k after about 15-20secs. After that it behaves normal throughout the travel (If I start driving before that 20secs it would got back to 3k rpm when clutch is pressed untill and unless those 20secs are given in neutral).Changed VSS, CTS, and TPS still no luck. Tahir is suggesting to change the computer?

Any idea what could be wrong?

Regards
    //.....Don't bully Korean cars.......//

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asifnadeem1975 View Post
    For last few days I was facing problem of water boiling in radiator bottle. according to some experts, the head gasket may be problem. I approached Mr. Tahir @ G-8 on last saturday. After inspecting the car, He turned down the possibility of head gasket issue and did following rectifications:

(a) change the radiator bottle cap
    (b) adjust the engine rpm. As the rpm were too high.
    (c) while adjusting the rpm on ac, the IAC valve found u/s replace the same.

Now the car is running OK. as the car is running for last three days. testdriver is requested to comment on it.
    The rectifications he has done are absolutely in the right direction. I already have mentioned in one of my previous post that the radiator cap has built-in valve system that allow excess pressure to evacuate from the water lines. It is there in almost every vehicle. The car is running fine now; means you have caught the problem.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by azkhan View Post
    Hi guys. I have got a strange problem. My woo (a15mf swapped a long time ago :p) reaches 3k-3.5k rpm after startup and gets to 1k after about 15-20secs. After that it behaves normal throughout the travel (If I start driving before that 20secs it would got back to 3k rpm when clutch is pressed untill and unless those 20secs are given in neutral).Changed VSS, CTS, and TPS still no luck. Tahir is suggesting to change the computer?

Any idea what could be wrong?

Regards
    Does the radiator fan instantly start when you start your car in the morning?(assuming the fan is not direct) If yes, the A/C fan request switch is faulty/wires are short-circuited. Do you see Check Engine Light in the morning after starting the engine.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammadusmani1 View Post
    AoA! My question is how can we know or measure that fuel gauge showing less than actual or vice versa because we don't have a digital figure. Or Adnan Bhai please tell me that what is the total capacity of Daewoo Fuel Tank or how much liter it takes in reserve.
    You can check after emptying the tank. There is another short method of checking the amount of fuel in the tank, there is a baffle cup inside the fuel tank beneath the area where the pump sits. If the cup is half filled, there are 5 litres left in the tank. At 5 litres, the needle should be just touching the red mark beneath the 'E' mark. Daewoo fuel tank has 50L capacity.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You can check after emptying the tank. There is another short method of checking the amount of fuel in the tank, there is a baffle cup inside the fuel tank beneath the area where the pump sits. If the cup is half filled, there are 5 litres left in the tank. At 5 litres, the needle should be just touching the red mark beneath the 'E' mark. Daewoo fuel tank has 50L capacity.
    JazakALLAH and thanks for your expert advise.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default @testdriver

sir radiator fan is made direct by bypassing the internal circuit and connection is made with switch. However, thermostat is installed. No check engine light is not there.

Also verified that the CEL is working by experimentally removing the TPS and it made CEL appear.
    //.....Don't bully Korean cars.......//

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by azkhan View Post
    sir radiator fan is made direct by bypassing the internal circuit and connection is made with switch. However, thermostat is installed. No check engine light is not there.

Also verified that the CEL is working by experimentally removing the TPS and it made CEL appear.
    You can follow Tahir's recommendation, if changing ECM does not resolve your problem, you can always return him back.

IMO the wiring is suspicious specially the A/C (Fan request switch) and radiator fan, get it checked by Tahir's electrician.
    Adnan's

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List