Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 265 of 370 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,300 of 7393
Like Tree425Likes

Thread: Daewoo fan club

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    testdriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

    Dear All,

    I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:


    Daewoo fan club -479355


    Daewoo fan club -479356


    Daewoo fan club -1050638

    Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo


    I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

    Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)


    IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]


    Quick Links:

    Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:


    Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:


    The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:


    Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:


    Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:


    How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:


    Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:



    Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:



    High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:


  2. #5281
    PakWheeler Follow
    azkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    28
    Posts
    517
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @testdriver

    I think that switch must have some problem because when I remove the switch grip there is no change in its behaviour
    //.....Don't bully Korean cars.......//

  3. #5282
    PakWheeler Follow
    asifnadeem1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    110
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    The rectifications he has done are absolutely in the right direction. I already have mentioned in one of my previous post that the radiator cap has built-in valve system that allow excess pressure to evacuate from the water lines. It is there in almost every vehicle. The car is running fine now; means you have caught the problem.
    Yes by the grace of Almighty, now my car is OK. Thanks to Mr. Tahir and this forum by virtue of that I escape from engine dismentalling. we must also thankful to this forum and should participate in the forum actively

  4. #5283
    PakWheeler Follow
    zawalayat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    44
    Posts
    128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Dear Test Driver and other experts:

    My daewoo is having heating up problem during peak heat times with and almost without AC. consulted the issue with Tahir G-8, he changed radiator but of no use and then he said that we need to change its Head.

    in last summer end, i had to change its head gaskit. During night time and in evening it runs fine with AC but during heat hours it gives problem with AC.

    Whats your suggestion, should i go head change, any other solution or where to go for second opinion?

    Regards,

  5. #5284
    PakWheeler Follow
    seismic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    37
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Hesistation/missing on acceleration

    Deal All esp. testdriver and access66,

    On petrol my car hesistates/misses on acceleration epecially intially. It hesistate/misses on higher speeds as well if the pedal is pressed a bit hard. Ignition timing is set at 10 deg. by using the timing gun. At this timing car runs comparatively a bit better on cng than on petrol.
    Here are the details,
    Spark plugs (Champion) and plug wires (daewoo original) are almost new (~1500 km old)
    Fuel filter is new.
    Fuel pump is new (BOSCH). The previous one was a US made WALBRO intalled 2-3 years ago at central auto. It had a very good pressure as switching to petrol with the BOSCH pump is more jerky. It suddenly stopped working during the diagnosis.
    A pipe coming to the air filter is new.
    Fuel tank is clean (according to Mr. Tahir)
    Car was checked by temporarily replacing INJECTOR, DISTRIBUTOR, MAP and TPS but of no use. An increased CO value (>2.8V) was also tried but the problem is still there. All done at Tahir's G-8 workshop.

    What else is left to check?
    Kindly guide,

  6. #5285
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    testdriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zawalayat View Post
    Dear Test Driver and other experts:

    My daewoo is having heating up problem during peak heat times with and almost without AC. consulted the issue with Tahir G-8, he changed radiator but of no use and then he said that we need to change its Head.

    in last summer end, i had to change its head gaskit. During night time and in evening it runs fine with AC but during heat hours it gives problem with AC.

    Whats your suggestion, should i go head change, any other solution or where to go for second opinion?

    Regards,
    Does the cooling system accumulate excessive pressure? Did Tahir check water circulation? Thermostat valve installed?
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

  7. #5286
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    testdriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seismic View Post
    Deal All esp. testdriver and access66,

    On petrol my car hesistates/misses on acceleration epecially intially. It hesistate/misses on higher speeds as well if the pedal is pressed a bit hard. Ignition timing is set at 10 deg. by using the timing gun. At this timing car runs comparatively a bit better on cng than on petrol.
    Here are the details,
    Spark plugs (Champion) and plug wires (daewoo original) are almost new (~1500 km old)
    Fuel filter is new.
    Fuel pump is new (BOSCH). The previous one was a US made WALBRO intalled 2-3 years ago at central auto. It had a very good pressure as switching to petrol with the BOSCH pump is more jerky. It suddenly stopped working during the diagnosis.
    A pipe coming to the air filter is new.
    Fuel tank is clean (according to Mr. Tahir)
    Car was checked by temporarily replacing INJECTOR, DISTRIBUTOR, MAP and TPS but of no use. An increased CO value (>2.8V) was also tried but the problem is still there. All done at Tahir's G-8 workshop.

    What else is left to check?
    Kindly guide,
    How the engine behaves while standing still? When giving jerky throttle, does the engine instantly attain RPMs? Any signs of black smoke from exhaust?
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

  8. #5287
    PakWheeler Follow
    seismic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    37
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @testdriver
    At idle engine behaviour is normal on petrol. RPM remain around 850. At idle, engine do not attain RPM intantly but there is bit initial hesitation. There is no black smoke from the exhaust.

  9. #5288
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    testdriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seismic View Post
    @testdriver
    At idle engine behaviour is normal on petrol. RPM remain around 850. At idle, engine do not attain RPM intantly but there is bit initial hesitation. There is no black smoke from the exhaust.
    What about valve timing?
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

  10. #5289
    PakWheeler Follow
    seismic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    37
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @testdriver
    Valve timing? I have no idea about it.

  11. #5290
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    testdriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seismic View Post
    @testdriver
    Valve timing? I have no idea about it.
    You should get the timing checked, I think the timing is retarded. (Get the timing mark alignment checked for CAM and crank pulley). If it does not resolve the issue, get the fuel return valve checked for any problem.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

  12. #5291
    PakWheeler Follow
    seismic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    37
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @testdriver
    Tahir checked the timing marks alignment. I will ask him to check these things.
    Thanks.

  13. #5292
    Newbie Follow
    AamirMehmood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Dear brother, Salam

    I am newly joined this forum. I have Daewoo cielo with DHOC engine and automatic gear system.

    Dear's. I have a problem that my daewoo overheated after a drive and its water is blowing out side the bottle. Please let me know what i should do to resolve this problem.

    Thanx..

  14. #5293
    PakWheeler Follow
    seismic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    37
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Ignition Timing Marks & Fuel Return Valve

    Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    You should get the timing checked, I think the timing is retarded. (Get the timing mark alignment checked for CAM and crank pulley). If it does not resolve the issue, get the fuel return valve checked for any problem.
    Timing is twice checked. The timing marks are exactly aligned.
    Mr. Tahir says, there is no fuel return valve in this engine (G15SF)

  15. #5294
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    testdriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AamirMehmood View Post
    I am newly joined this forum. I have Daewoo cielo with DHOC engine and automatic gear system.

    Dear's. I have a problem that my daewoo overheated after a drive and its water is blowing out side the bottle. Please let me know what i should do to resolve this problem.

    Thanx..
    Welcome to DFC!

    Overheated? Get the head gasket checked for any problem. Also get the thermostat valve checked (if installed).
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

  16. #5295
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    testdriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seismic View Post
    Timing is twice checked. The timing marks are exactly aligned.
    Mr. Tahir says, there is no fuel return valve in this engine (G15SF)
    How can he say that? The Throttle body has built in fuel return valve! Reference picture is attached. (Look for 4. Fuel Pressure Regulator)

    Daewoo fan club -417166
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

  17. #5296
    PakWheeler Follow
    seismic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    37
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Fuel pressure regulator

    @testdriver
    Definitely, the Fuel pressure regulator is there. I thought something like a Non Return Valve in fuel in/out lines.
    I wish i could find its diaphragm that needs renewal once taken out.

  18. #5297
    PakWheeler Follow
    sheikh_wah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    42
    Posts
    579
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Guys I m in search of a good condition 2001 registered Isb/Rwp number Daewoo Racer for someone. I m using used vehicle search and the relevant forums but if u know some option u may give me update on mobile number 0321 5365471. Thanx

  19. #5298
    PakWheeler Follow
    seismic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    37
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @testdriver

    Tahir checked by temporarily replacing throttle body upper part and but it did not work.
    He will now check the engine response by replacing the whole ecm wiring and then the gearbox.

  20. #5299
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    testdriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seismic View Post
    @testdriver

    Tahir checked by temporarily replacing throttle body upper part and but it did not work.
    He will now check the engine response by replacing the whole ecm wiring and then the gearbox.
    Lets hope the problem gets resolved!
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

  21. #5300
    PakWheeler Follow
    zawalayat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    44
    Posts
    128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    Does the cooling system accumulate excessive pressure? Did Tahir check water circulation? Thermostat valve installed?
    1. No thermostat valve, water circulation is good, AC is on auto triping
    2. Yes there is excessive pressure in radiator bottle, when heat needle approaches to middle, water starts comingout from radiator bottle.
    3. previously he replaced radiator single pipe, but tomorrow he will replace with new once double piping, and will check performance.

    I have also consulted Moon, Stadium Road and he said that all looks fine, just chech the radiator of double piping and problem may resolved. he said that replacing head will be the last option.

    Is there any possibility that head gaskit may be weaken or any other common issue.

    Any tip, so that i can avoid to change head.

    Regards,

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •