Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hi....!
    in my opinion trip sensor is very important.....bec its prevents woo frm getting over heating......it also gives rest to engine and compressor....otherwise there will be a chance of compressor failing...bec woo compressor is very heavy from normal car compressor....
    i think u should check its tcp and ic valve sensor....so rmp works accorddingly with ac......and as u know when we push the trotle the compressor trips automaticaally....to give a smooth pick to car after rest......we dont see this function is normal cars.....so in short word....trip sensor is important......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guybwp View Post
    this all happens when im driving and i also dnt ve rpm mater in car to show the fluctuation in RPMS...when i start the car and turn on ac the rpms drop..when car starts moving and i change from ist to 2nd gear the car vibrates as i press the clutch and apply break..and this vibration continue on every pressing of clutch till i stop the car..the rpms then gets stable and after that the car doesnt vibrate at all.
    But when this things gets over ..the next thing starts which is whenever i apply break and AC compressor is running...the rpms comes down very slowly and ac also TRIPS with it...and when the car starts moving again and compressor starts the rpms go up....i also noticed that as the AC compresor ONS and OFFS the rpm go up and down with it as noticed in acceleration and deceleration in car speed...
    i drove honda civic 1998 few days back and the AC was on all the time the car was running so smooth with it...and even the compressor was not triping..WHY IS IT NECESSORY TO INSTALL THE TRIP SENSOR? SHOULD I GO TO AC TECHNICIAN OR CONSULT SOME ELECTRICIAN..HELP ME OUT PLZ
    No problem, I just want to listen its sound. Did you ever execute idle learning procedure? If not then do it once, hopefully the IAC valve will adjust to it's ideal steps. Refer to the picture:
    Name:  Idle Learn Procedure.JPG
Views: 1632
Size:  40.4 KB

One more thing, it is a normal behavior of Daewoo ECM that once RPMs are raised above 1100 rpms via IAC valve, it readjust the rpms at complete stop. For AC system to work accurately, do not drive the car for 30 seconds after switching 'ON' AC so that ECM properly readjust the RPM according to the load. Once the ECM has done its settings, there should be no fluctuation in the engine RPMS.

BTW which sensor you are referring as "Trip" sensor? There is nothing like trip sensor in a Daewoo. If you are referring to the AC compressor tripping function, it is controlled by the ECM when extra load on engine is sensed by it.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    No problem, I just want to listen its sound. Did you ever execute idle learning procedure? If not then do it once, hopefully the IAC valve will adjust to it's ideal steps. Refer to the picture:
    Name:  Idle Learn Procedure.JPG
Views: 1632
Size:  40.4 KB

One more thing, it is a normal behavior of Daewoo ECM that once RPMs are raised above 1100 rpms via IAC valve, it readjust the rpms at complete stop. For AC system to work accurately, do not drive the car for 30 seconds after switching 'ON' AC so that ECM properly readjust the RPM according to the load. Once the ECM has done its settings, there should be no fluctuation in the engine RPMS.

BTW which sensor you are referring as "Trip" sensor? There is nothing like trip sensor in a Daewoo. If you are referring to the AC compressor tripping function, it is controlled by the ECM when extra load on engine is sensed by it.

i havent tried this idle procedure now but i tried it once long ago....a day back i went to a mechanic and told him the problem..he straight away said the iac valve was out of order..so he removed the iac vale and then showed me that it was freely moving then he brought another valve from inside his shop and showed me that the right one has just a slight play and doesnt moves freely all the way around as mine did...he tried to coax me into buying that one which he has polished obviously but i didnt go for it coz the one i have now was also given by some mechanic..ii told him im going to buy new one from market...is new iac valve of number 59603 coming in the market?......and is this mechanic right when he says the valve should not move in such a free manner but just a slight play in it??

Regarding the TRIP sensor...over an year back the mechanic who made the AC functional said i should install TRIP WALL... i m not sure if im pronouncing it correctly but he installed it inside the car below the glove containing compartment....and ever since it the car trip after running a while....even another daewoo car owner who was standing there advised me to install it as it prolongs the life of Compressor....i dont ve gennuine daewoo compressor..its sanden and i came with the car last year when i bought it...
    my question is does every car has this kinda sensor or whatever we call it installed for its compresor to trip? isnt the compressor suppose to do so by itself sensing the temperature inside the car...or as u say sensing the load and trips by itself????
    Kindly clear my queries.....im going to go to market and check out the iac valve and also ask the shop owner regarding this compressor issue...i think guys at KOREAN auto here must ve knowledge regarding this issue...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i havent tried this idle procedure now but i tried it once long ago....a day back i went to a mechanic and told him the problem..he straight away said the iac valve was out of order..so he removed the iac vale and then showed me that it was freely moving then he brought another valve from inside his shop and showed me that the right one has just a slight play and doesnt moves freely all the way around as mine did...he tried to coax me into buying that one which he has polished obviously but i didnt go for it coz the one i have now was also given by some mechanic..ii told him im going to buy new one from market...is new iac valve of number 59603 coming in the market?......and is this mechanic right when he says the valve should not move in such a free manner but just a slight play in it??

Regarding the TRIP sensor...over an year back the mechanic who made the AC functional said i should install TRIP WALL... i m not sure if im pronouncing it correctly but he installed it inside the car below the glove containing compartment....and ever since it the car trip after running a while....even another daewoo car owner who was standing there advised me to install it as it prolongs the life of Compressor....i dont ve gennuine daewoo compressor..its sanden and i came with the car last year when i bought it...
    my question is does every car has this kinda sensor or whatever we call it installed for its compresor to trip? isnt the compressor suppose to do so by itself sensing the temperature inside the car...or as u say sensing the load and trips by itself????
    Kindly clear my queries.....im going to go to market and check out the iac valve and also ask the shop owner regarding this compressor issue...i think guys at KOREAN auto here must ve knowledge regarding this issue...
    It is basically a thermostat switch, usually installed in refrigerators, and is required if one opts for non-genuine compressor setup to avoid continuous running of the compressor. The original compressor that came in Daewoo is rotary type with variable compression adjustment. There is a system in that compressor to minimize the compression at certain temperature and disengage if the pressure exceed certain limit or excessive engine load is sensed.
    Regarding the IAC valve, there should be just minimal play in its shaft, still it should work unless the shaft control mechanism is intact.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It is basically a thermostat switch, usually installed in refrigerators, and is required if one opts for non-genuine compressor setup to avoid continuous running of the compressor. The original compressor that came in Daewoo is rotary type with variable compression adjustment. There is a system in that compressor to minimize the compression at certain temperature and disengage if the pressure exceed certain limit or excessive engine load is sensed.
    Regarding the IAC valve, there should be just minimal play in its shaft, still it should work unless the shaft control mechanism is intact.
    So it means i should not remove the thermostat switch and keep it there?.....Regarding the IAC valve it behaves abnormal more when AC in on while normally without AC the rpms dont go much high or low.....still i think and guess it needs replacement....
    TEST DRIVER few days back when i went to mechanic shop i met another guy having daewoo and he told me he had replaced the manifold of his original daewoo with that of GTI's..and now it has four fuel injectors instead of one...he said the speed is greatly increased as well as the sound has improved and car is more silent then before....
    WOULD U LIKE TO COMMENT ON THIS?
    he got it replaced in rwp and in just 6 thousand rupees...would this replacement just increase the speed or would it improve the fuel consumption as well and performance of engine.? thx

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So it means i should not remove the thermostat switch and keep it there?.....Regarding the IAC valve it behaves abnormal more when AC in on while normally without AC the rpms dont go much high or low.....still i think and guess it needs replacement....
    TEST DRIVER few days back when i went to mechanic shop i met another guy having daewoo and he told me he had replaced the manifold of his original daewoo with that of GTI's..and now it has four fuel injectors instead of one...he said the speed is greatly increased as well as the sound has improved and car is more silent then before....
    WOULD U LIKE TO COMMENT ON THIS?
    he got it replaced in rwp and in just 6 thousand rupees...would this replacement just increase the speed or would it improve the fuel consumption as well and performance of engine.? thx
    GTi (MPFi) conversion is not just replacing the intake manifold but you will need air filter assembly, cold intake pipe, resonators, intake pipes and exhaust manifold. Additionally you will need different ECM and wiring to support some additional sensors (IAT, O2). You can even use the existing wiring and modifying it, but electrician will charge you extra labor. By doing all the effort you will gain maximum 3HP and 5Nm torque, and the person quoting "great" increase in speed is exaggerating; yes sound is improved a bit due to resonator setup. To get better fuel economy, you have to arrange new/good working O2 sensor + air filter(square matching with new filter assembly) too, which are not easily available in the market.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

GTi (MPFi) conversion is not just replacing the intake manifold but you will need air filter assembly, cold intake pipe, resonators, intake pipes and exhaust manifold. Additionally you will need different ECM and wiring to support some additional sensors (IAT, O2). You can even use the existing wiring and modifying it, but electrician will charge you extra labor. By doing all the effort you will gain maximum 3HP and 5Nm torque, and the person quoting "great" increase in speed is exaggerating; yes sound is improved a bit due to resonator setup. To get better fuel economy, you have to arrange new/good working O2 sensor + air filter(square matching with new filter assembly) too, which are not easily available in the market.
    thx for the advice................

9. 08-09-2012, 12:15 PM

Site Banned

Reason
    local spammer

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation STAP 200 Advancer

I have nice original condition Daewoo since 4 years, It is very nice car. It never let me down anywhere ,except one due to my own fault. it gives me 21 km per kg in city on ac . I want to installed Advancer in it to improve upon. i have visited ADMore CNG near Chah Sultan Chowk. They do not have STAP 56 ,they advised me STAP 200 and said it is advance version of STAP56 and will work fine. I ask TestDriver whether is STAP200 is OK for Daewoo, is the wiring of STAP 200 is similar to STAP56?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for your time and suggestions, bro. Really appreciated.

The car was having no trouble whatsoever related to the ECM before it was replaced. There's no doubt that the guys who are pioneers in the twin cities robbed me out of my perfectly sound ECM.

Looking forward to your posts on the DFC.

Allah Hafiz.
    Anas Munir.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TKJadoon View Post
    I have nice original condition Daewoo since 4 years, It is very nice car. It never let me down anywhere ,except one due to my own fault. it gives me 21 km per kg in city on ac . I want to installed Advancer in it to improve upon. i have visited ADMore CNG near Chah Sultan Chowk. They do not have STAP 56 ,they advised me STAP 200 and said it is advance version of STAP56 and will work fine. I ask TestDriver whether is STAP200 is OK for Daewoo, is the wiring of STAP 200 is similar to STAP56?
    Welcome to DFC! You got a nice car. You are one of the luckiest guys getting 21Km/Kg mileage in "City" driving and AC on. If you are not a regular driver on petrol I suggest that do not try to disturb your current setup as you might worsen the cng average. The only use of advancer is to optimize petrol average (by keeping the spark timing unchanged on petrol) for cng converted vehicles. Regarding STAP200, I am not sure about its compatibility with Daewoo, but if you can manage to get the installation manual you can check the compatibility.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Three Stars Inc.: lpg-cng
    TEST DRIVER check out this link...its regarding timing advance processor...
    here they ve mentioned
    Timing Advance Processor T 02 -------AEB 531 PLATINOS LANDI RENZO STAP 00/2
    im also using platinos AEB 531 but the pic shown in link is totally diferent....
    also i wanted to know what kinda ignition system daewoo has....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

does daewoo has PCV valve if yes then what is the location
    See the dark side

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Three Stars Inc.: lpg-cng
    TEST DRIVER check out this link...its regarding timing advance processor...
    here they ve mentioned
    Timing Advance Processor T 02 -------AEB 531 PLATINOS LANDI RENZO STAP 00/2
    im also using platinos AEB 531 but the pic shown in link is totally diferent....
    also i wanted to know what kinda ignition system daewoo has....
    Daewoo ignition system works on the basis of EST signal that varies 0.2-0.3V during cranking and 1.0-3.0V when start. You are using AEB-531, but that is actually STAP-56B and this one is STAP 100/2.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shahabrk View Post
    does daewoo has PCV valve if yes then what is the location
    Daewoo PCV valve is at the backside of the cam housing, you can pinpoint its location by following a black pipe vertically arising from the engine block just aside the self starter and terminating at the back of cam housing.
    Daewoo fan club -1039983

Also note that majority of 1992 models has no PCV valve.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Welcome to DFC! You got a nice car. You are one of the luckiest guys getting 21Km/Kg mileage in "City" driving and AC on. If you are not a regular driver on petrol I suggest that do not try to disturb your current setup as you might worsen the cng average. The only use of advancer is to optimize petrol average (by keeping the spark timing unchanged on petrol) for cng converted vehicles. Regarding STAP200, I am not sure about its compatibility with Daewoo, but if you can manage to get the installation manual you can check the compatibility.
    Thanks testdriver for kind advise, I will not disturb its setting. dropped the idea of STAP/xxx . I am facing couple of issues. During hot summer days the AC starts tripping at the intervals of 5 seconds ON and 10 seconds OFF, G8 Tahir has changed IAC motor ,but of no use. The second one is that my car RPM remain at 1.8 at initial drive ,sometime it drops to normal after engine heats up and some time takes longer time even after engine heats up. Please advise me.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks test dreiver for kind advise, i will not disturb its setting. dropped the idea of STAP/xxx . I am facing couple of issues. During hot summer days the AC starts tripping at the intervals of 5 seconds ON and 10 seconds OFF, G8 Tahir has changed IAC motor ,but of no use. The second one is that my car RPM remain at 1.8 at initial drive ,sometime it drops to normal after engine heats up and some time takes longer time even after engine heats up. Please advise me.
    Do you have genuine AC compressor in your car? Does the radiator fan work in auto mode? Have you installed additional condenser fan in your car?
    Adnan's

19. 12-09-2012, 11:55 AM

Site Banned

20. 12-09-2012, 11:56 AM

Site Banned

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

testdriver what r the requirements for automatic switching of Radiator fan?
    should there be just electric cooling fan thermostatic switch? or thermostats installed as well?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

testdriver what r the requirements for automatic switching of Radiator fan?
    should there be just electric cooling fan thermostatic switch? or thermostats installed as well?
    The Coolant Temperature Sensor should be in working condition to send proper temperature reading to the ECM which in turn control various engine parameters as well as running the fan automatically at a certain temperature. Thermostat switch can also be installed for additional safety in case the sensor malfunction. There is a dedicated place on the radiator for installing one, usually a kabli radiator has it installed. Regarding thermostat valve, it is totally a different thing, and must be in place for maintaining optimum engine running temperature at all times.
    Daewoo fan club -1040086
    Adnan's

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default @tkJadoon I have an used STAP 56 Advancer and Emmulator (original Italian) for sale

@tkJadoon I have an used STAP 56 Advancer and Emmulator (original Italian) Landi Renzo for sale...

if you want please contact me at 03215461317

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers