Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by azkhan View Post
    @testdriver

Sir I have a strange problem with my daewoo. It is misfiring on cold start on petrol only. It doesnot misfire on cold start on cng and on optimum opertating temperature on petrol/cng. Also it is having 4injector single cam head. Gasket is new

Regards.

Ali Zaib Khan Khan.
    It seems like fuel pump is not providing required pressure at cold start, you must be aware that rich fuel mixture is required for a good cold start. If you have Digital voltmeter, test the voltage at the terminals of the fuel pump grip, if it is ~12.5 volts, then check the fuel pump return line by removing the return pipe from the fuel rail and putting the nozzle in a transparent bottle (to prevent any spillage) on a cold start. There should be fuel coming out of the return line, if not, the fuel pump is not providing sufficient pressure. If the voltage across the pump wires is ~11.5 volts, get the fuel pump wiring, fuel pump relay or CNG bypass wire for the pump and injector checked for any degradation.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

test diver....can u kindly paste the pic of the ac signal wire..coz inspite of all the explanations i cant find it...went to my electrician/mechanic n he just connected a single blue wire which was coming from a grip at the righte side unde the bonnet next to battery to the compressor single wire n then conected the same wire to a relay.....upon asking him about the grip or the ac signal wire he didnt ve the idea...although there were a few wires that he left untouched in the start near condensor..i will take the pic n attach here of the wire i was talking about early...but the other wires which had a cut grip r under the bumper so cant take there pics....kindly if u ve any pics....guide me....
    i went thru the entire manual but couldnt find ac wiring anywhere....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Daewoo fan club -1049785Daewoo fan club -1049786
    these r the two pics that i can take clearly....ist one is of relay red wire connecting with relay but ist its connected with the compressor wire..blue is i think of condensor fan...rest is from ground....
    2nd one is showing red wire conected to a blue wire..the blue wire showed current till it end in the grip and from that grip onward it didnt show any current so the electrician added this red wire and brought it all the way from that grip from right side to lleft side and connected it with compressor black single wire and then to the relay....
    now im confused when we talk about ac signal wire...where is it located? and where shall a relay be put to turn ac signal off n on...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Testdriver

Let me know the exact size of the belt used for Air Cond Compressor?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guybwp View Post
    Daewoo fan club -1049785Daewoo fan club -1049786
    these r the two pics that i can take clearly....ist one is of relay red wire connecting with relay but ist its connected with the compressor wire..blue is i think of condensor fan...rest is from ground....
    2nd one is showing red wire conected to a blue wire..the blue wire showed current till it end in the grip and from that grip onward it didnt show any current so the electrician added this red wire and brought it all the way from that grip from right side to lleft side and connected it with compressor black single wire and then to the relay....
    now im confused when we talk about ac signal wire...where is it located? and where shall a relay be put to turn ac signal off n on...
    The wires you have shown are the AC main power relay wiring, the blue wire is coming from the AC relay from the fuse box which is used as signal wire of the relay. The AC signal wire shares the wiring loom with the high and low pressure switches, one of the grip is attached to the low pressure switch in the AC line just above the right engine foundation. Two same kind of grips should be closer the AC compressor, the one grip with red-yellow wires pair is of AC signal/FAN cycling switch.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asifnadeem1975 View Post
    Dear Testdriver

Let me know the exact size of the belt used for Air Cond Compressor?
    I haven't got exact belt size measurement with the genuine AC direct setup, I have got 30 size belt installed in the Sanden setup. Better take your car to mechanic to try the best possible belt size.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thanda View Post
    AOA Friends

After 2 years of friendship, now the time
    has come to part ways :p
    My daewoo racer registered 2001 ISB is up for sale, car is in very good condition, maintained properly, AC needs gas Compressor and other stuff is all fixed, actually it was working this summer, but somehow gas got leaked a few days ago
    here is the ad for details
    Used Daewoo Racer 1993 Car for sale in Islamabad - 485142 | Pakwheels
    Car is looking nice. Good luck with the sale!
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default A/C Steam and Gradual Low Throw

dear all especially testdriver,

My car a/c when kept continously on for half an hour gradually minimizes its air throw with steam and water drops around vents. I have to switch the a/c knob to fan position and the throw increases with increased steam for sometime. Once this situation is reached i have to position the knob to fan position after every 10-15min to avoid this problem. This thing is particularly on long route. The compressor is sanden 507, disengages on accleration and no thermostat for compressor is installed.
    What is wrong with the system and the solution.
    Kindly Guide,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    I haven't got exact belt size measurement with the genuine AC direct setup, I have got 30 size belt installed in the Sanden setup. Better take your car to mechanic to try the best possible belt size.
    ok thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by seismic View Post
    dear all especially testdriver,

My car a/c when kept continously on for half an hour gradually minimizes its air throw with steam and water drops around vents. I have to switch the a/c knob to fan position and the throw increases with increased steam for sometime. Once this situation is reached i have to position the knob to fan position after every 10-15min to avoid this problem. This thing is particularly on long route. The compressor is sanden 507, disengages on accleration and no thermostat for compressor is installed.
    What is wrong with the system and the solution.
    Kindly Guide,
    It is all due to choking of evaporator (cooling coil) due to accumulation of frost. The compressor is continuously working that needs to be controlled by installing a thermostat switch. The problem shall be resolved.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The wires you have shown are the AC main power relay wiring, the blue wire is coming from the AC relay from the fuse box which is used as signal wire of the relay. The AC signal wire shares the wiring loom with the high and low pressure switches, one of the grip is attached to the low pressure switch in the AC line just above the right engine foundation. Two same kind of grips should be closer the AC compressor, the one grip with red-yellow wires pair is of AC signal/FAN cycling switch.

ur right...but to see all these wires the mechanic had to take off the bumpers....and i did see six wires..two were attached to grip while four were just open with no connection what so ever...the relay i just showed had direct supply from ground..
    so kindly advise me...where the relay shall be installed?coz the blue main wire is not working so the electrician put this red wire in its place...
    Should the relay be between this red wire and compressor wire and the ac signal switch wires which u mentioned were pair of red-yellow wires???????????
    actually i gotta be clear coz there is no well known and really good electrician sitting here in lahore who really knows how to do all this so i gotta know everything before i got to any electrician....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ur right...but to see all these wires the mechanic had to take off the bumpers....and i did see six wires..two were attached to grip while four were just open with no connection what so ever...the relay i just showed had direct supply from ground..
    so kindly advise me...where the relay shall be installed?coz the blue main wire is not working so the electrician put this red wire in its place...
    Should the relay be between this red wire and compressor wire and the ac signal switch wires which u mentioned were pair of red-yellow wires???????????
    actually i gotta be clear coz there is no well known and really good electrician sitting here in lahore who really knows how to do all this so i gotta know everything before i got to any electrician....
    Okay I will upload a wiring schematic by tomorrow InSha'Allah

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Okay I will upload a wiring schematic by tomorrow InSha'Allah
    Here goes the wiring schematic of Daewoo for AC!

1. To get the power from the main AC relay (solid Red wire going into the AC solenoid), the two switches attached in series with blue-yellow-brown wires combinations needs to be short circuited (ON). In case of genuine compressor, the switches action is controlled by the compressor internal mechanism. For a different compressor (non-genuine like Sanden), these grips needs to be individually short-circuited by inserting a thin jumper wire at the grip terminals.

2. The second grip with the Red/White and Brown/Yellow pair is also controlled by the genuine compressor's internal mechanism for FAN Cycling/AC Signal switching. In case of different compressor (non-genuine like Sanden), these wires needs to be relay operated when the compressor is working. These wires should "Relayed" and not be just short-circuited, to avoid abnormal behavior of the engine parameters.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thx test driver...........it really was very helpful.....one last thing if u dont mind..the relay which im going to use should be attached to just these two wires red/white and yellow/brown? or include red main ac wire aswell?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thx test driver...........it really was very helpful.....one last thing if u dont mind..the relay which im going to use should be attached to just these two wires red/white and yellow/brown? or include red main ac wire aswell?
    Actually the main red wire has to be used to operate a relay (signal wire), and the relay has to connect the two mentioned wires. Note that this is additional relay for AC signal switch, it has nothing to do with your current relay installed for the AC compressor clutch solenoid.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thx .....last year the wiring was normal and there was a relay at this location but twice the relay shor circuited due to which the fan remained working even when the car was switched off...as a result twice the battery got dead...so electrician removed the relay and changed the wiring and this summer this problem started...summer is almost over but i will get it corrected....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by greedy_051 View Post
    or golf gti to bohut dur ki baat hai meray pas swift gti 1.3 hai(khyber shape)ap apni so called daewoo gti le aao race kertay hain apki car 1.5 hai or woh bhi so called gti meri car 1.3 hai but not so called gti aajao faisal avenue pe jab ana ho bta dena.
    lol @greedy_051 ............ Swift 1.3(khyber shape) pehle to mujhe ye samjhao ke (swift khyber shape kon si gari hey?) i only know about swift 1.3dlx ( and its not gti ) aur usko mein daewoo ke kareeb bhi nahi ane deta hoon faisal avenue pe akele hi jao app.......!!!!!! Aur second agar kissi ne race lagani he mere saaath to motarway to interchange to interchage lagasakta he lekin race se pehle mere saath ishtamp papers pe ye likhna hoga ke agar haar gaye to gari meri ...? Chabi chabi lagani he to race lagao warna chup karke betho fasial avenue pe date marne jaata hoon mein race lagane kabhi nahi gaya .......bullshitt swift vs daewoo
    (D@EW00 R@cER 1)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default @ Daewoo racer 1

Yeh swift Gti hai or main drag race ki baat ker raha hon ager drag lagana hai to thek hai stamp kero or lagalo race
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GREEDY_051 View Post
    Yeh swift Gti hai or main drag race ki baat ker raha hon ager drag lagana hai to thek hai stamp kero or lagalo race
    Dear greedy_051 mery sath race laga lo. mery pass be daewoo 1.5 ha. Chabi chabi. Kab our kidar aana hay esi forum py done karo.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks testdriver
    My Daewoo AC connection was direct but now i change the connection according to your said diagram.
    Again thanks.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List