Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear testdriver I really need ur help and expert advice. I have changed the leads with the original new ones but the sparklets problem remains there rather it has increased manifold and you can see alot of flashes running around here & there.The sparklets can be seen only at the pt where the lead head/grip is fixed on to the plug.What could be the possible reason and remedies of this problem.I had changed fol 5 days back:-

1 Distributor cup
    2 Rotor
    3 Plugs (Denso)
    4 Leads (today)

Eagerly waiting for ur reply

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fslrao View Post
    Dear testdriver I really need ur help and expert advice. I have changed the leads with the original new ones but the sparklets problem remains there rather it has increased manifold and you can see alot of flashes running around here & there.The sparklets can be seen only at the pt where the lead head/grip is fixed on to the plug.What could be the possible reason and remedies of this problem.I had changed fol 5 days back:-

1 Distributor cup
    2 Rotor
    3 Plugs (Denso)
    4 Leads (today)

Eagerly waiting for ur reply
    Put a thin layer of grease on the plug terminal and then insert the plug wires back. The problem should be resolved. One more thing, if the plug wire leads have the cylindrical aluminum shields installed, get them remove too and check the problem.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear testdriver thx a lot for the concern will get back.JazakAllah

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear testdriver I have acted as u have directed,you guessed right the leads were having cylindrical aluminum protecter the same have also been removed. I will observe the sparklets at ni.
    One more clarification please, I observed that my engine block where the engine cat,e.g GF 15, is written (normally) instead word "TAXI" is written.More over I bought this engine as Kabli with five speed gear box F 16 which is installed with dip stick for checking of gear oil.Now I am also in doubt about engine being Kabli.JazakAllah

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear testdriver I have acted as u have directed,you guessed right the leads were having cylindrical aluminum protecter the same have also been removed. I will observe the sparklets at ni.
    One more clarification please, I observed that my engine block where the engine cat,e.g GF 15, is written (normally) instead word "TAXI" is written.More over I bought this engine as Kabli with five speed gear box F 16 which is installed with dip stick for checking of gear oil.Now I am also in doubt about engine beingKabli.JazakAllah
    If Taxi is written on the engine block, it is likely to be a civil engine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    If Taxi is written on the engine block, it is likely to be a civil engine.
    Bro "civil engine"??
    Needs explanation please.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    AoA,

Do you want to tune your car on petrol? For a perfect tuneup on petrol, you have to completely get rid of CNG setup as the additional weight of cylinder + nozel/ventury, blocked air intake and timing advance will not allow you attain optimum performance. If you want to keep the setup, you will get maximum ~10Km/L. I recommend that you go to Khalid @ I-9 for tuning by plugging in the scanner. There is nothing to "tune" as such, just the ideal timing and the CO setting is what they do (although you can do that by yourself [timing adjustment + CO setting] but it is much more accurate using scanner showing live parameter values). For consistent performance on petrol after tuneup, install an EFi switch with emulator/advancer that will keep the petrol system alive by starting on petrol and then converting to CNG.

Dear kindly let me know. how much kms maximum we can achieve on petrol? and how can it possible with cng installed

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tjkhattak View Post
    Bro "civil engine"??
    Needs explanation please.
    A locally used engine!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asifnadeem1975 View Post
    Dear kindly let me know. how much kms maximum we can achieve on petrol? and how can it possible with cng installed
    The TBi engine, if tuned well, can give upto 13km/l in city driving depending on traffic condition. In the same conditions, it will give around 10km/l for CNG installed vehicle.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear testdriver thx a lot, its depressing when people bluff you,any how engine is in good condition. Could u pls explain why a dip stick is fixed with gear box. I have never seen this feature in any Daewoo. It also means that gear box (5 speed) was also changed.The owner assured me that the engine is Kabli and came in a lot which was imported from Indonesia or Malaysia.

If u feel comfortable than reply pls. Do you live or had been living in F8/1, and studied in IMCB F8/4.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Really hard to find a good electrician in lahore....and afriad of taking my cars to other auto electrician as some bluntly say they dnt know a thing about daewoo racer.....
    ALso TEST DRIVER i tried to convert the radiator fan from direct to automatic mode but the mechanic couldnt do so ..went to an electrician but he also couldnt do it...even thru the switch installed with radiator which was said to be damaged...
    Kindly tell me what could be the reason that the an couldnt be converted to its original auto form...
    And also guys residing in Lahore kindly if any one knows about any good electrician in lahore kindly let me know...and not the ones mentioned in the contact list given at the top of this page.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear testdriver thx a lot, its depressing when people bluff you,any how engine is in good condition. Could u pls explain why a dip stick is fixed with gear box. I have never seen this feature in any Daewoo. It also means that gear box (5 speed) was also changed.The owner assured me that the engine is Kabli and came in a lot which was imported from Indonesia or Malaysia.

If u feel comfortable than reply pls. Do you live or had been living in F8/1, and studied in IMCB F8/4.
    If the engine is in good condition then nothing to be worried about. I have seen kabli engines busted within 24 hours, it is always a gamble while getting kabli parts. Can you take a snap of your engine and gearbox and upload here?

Regarding the second question, No, I have never been living and/or studying in F-8.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guybwp View Post
    Really hard to find a good electrician in lahore....and afriad of taking my cars to other auto electrician as some bluntly say they dnt know a thing about daewoo racer.....
    ALso TEST DRIVER i tried to convert the radiator fan from direct to automatic mode but the mechanic couldnt do so ..went to an electrician but he also couldnt do it...even thru the switch installed with radiator which was said to be damaged...
    Kindly tell me what could be the reason that the an couldnt be converted to its original auto form...
    And also guys residing in Lahore kindly if any one knows about any good electrician in lahore kindly let me know...and not the ones mentioned in the contact list given at the top of this page.
    If by any chance you have installed a relay to run the radiator fan in direct mode, you have to disconnect/remove the relay first and joining back the wire to actual connection. Secondly do check if the AC signal switch/wires are not short circuited. If still the fan is running in direct mode, get the Coolant Temperature sensor/wiring checked for any loose connection since disconnection of the grip from the CTS leads the ECM to run the fan in direct mode as a fail safe.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear testdriver I think you are absolutely right about the gamble. I have few photos of the engine and will upload. Jazak Allah.
    I have observed sparklets, they are there and coming from the place where the plug are screwed to the engine block. As you accelerate you can see a ring of light in all plugs. Is it normal or some electrical problem?
    Actually I had been studying in IMCB and had a friend who inherited obsession for cars from his father. We both are from same age gp and the name was also common. You know coincidences happen in life.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear testdriver I think you are absolutely right about the gamble. I have few photos of the engine and will upload. Jazak Allah.
    I have observed sparklets, they are there and coming from the place where the plug are screwed to the engine block. As you accelerate you can see a ring of light in all plugs. Is it normal or some electrical problem?
    Actually I had been studying in IMCB and had a friend who inherited obsession for cars from his father. We both are from same age gp and the name was also common. You know coincidences happen in life.
    BTW I am ICBian too, been a student of ICB G-6/3 for 9 years.

Regarding the problem, there should be no sparks at that specific area. Get the thread checked for any corrosion/sludge and clean them if necessary.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear testdriver though I had cleaned the area and observe no corrosion but now I will remove the plugs and clean the area again.

How we should tighten the plugs, what is the thumb rule? I mean how much force to be applied while tightening the plugs.

Could this be a result of some kind of short circuiting?

Good to hear that you are an ICBian, What marvellous institutions were those. Take care

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear testdriver though I had cleaned the area and observe no corrosion but now I will remove the plugs and clean the area again.

How we should tighten the plugs, what is the thumb rule? I mean how much force to be applied while tightening the plugs.

Could this be a result of some kind of short circuiting?

Good to hear that you are an ICBian, What marvellous institutions were those. Take care
    The ideal tightening technique to tighten any nut/bolt is by using torque wrench, which majority of mechanics doesn't have. The plug should be tightened at 20 N.m.

Regarding the second issue, in your case the sparks are being produced due to weak contact (earth).
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear testdriver kindly elaborate the location of the contact and term weak contact (earth).Pls also guide that how this problem can be resolved.

Regarding the plugs tightening just wanted some tip for layman meaning by applying full force or just mild type with a normal plug spanner. Actually once while changing the plugs I broke one while applying force during the process of tightening.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear testdriver kindly elaborate the location of the contact and term weak contact (earth).Pls also guide that how this problem can be resolved.

Regarding the plugs tightening just wanted some tip for layman meaning by applying full force or just mild type with a normal plug spanner. Actually once while changing the plugs I broke one while applying force during the process of tightening.
    Basically I wanted to say that the plug gets earth from the point where it is bolted to the head, if that specific point is corroded, sparks will be produced at these points at the time of ignition. Get these point cleaned using a sandpaper and then tighten the plugs. Regarding the tightening, apply medium force.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

guys , hows daewoo parts condition now a days ?
    i remember once i had like 3 years back and i was unable to find its speedo meter cable anywhere in pindi and isb .... not even from authorized daewoo spare part shops, testdriver bro, your input would be very valuable in this regard as i am planning to buy one racer ..... again
    !

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List