Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fslrao View Post
    Dear testdriver AOA, I need ur help regarding door pins replacement pls suggest good Daewoo denter in Isd or RWP.
    WAS,
    Just go to Tahir's denter. You can even get new pins from Tahir!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    After reading your entire post, I have come up with the following:

Wiring issue:

Your point # 4 indicates that there is something bad on the wiring part. On petrol, the cng switch should indicate only petrol light. In current scenario, petrol is being mixed with cng during operation causing the engine to stall. Once you have corrected this problem, and there is still the same problem, get the ECM diagnosed for any problem.

ECM & EFi system diagnosis:

When the ignition is set to 'ON' position, the check engine light should blink just once and stay 'ON' until the engine is started. If it is so then the ECM is working fine. You just have to follow the procedure to retrieve the codes, which is mentioned in the top post above, and then refer to the table for code specific information on the same post. After successful completion of this step, you should come up with clear picture of the entire EFi setup. If you find out at this stage that the ECM is faulty, you have to replace it. For price/availability related queries, refer to page 3 for contacts list (link mentioned in the top post)

Fuel pump & Injector:

The pump should prime (briefly run) 2 seconds when ignition is set to 'ON' position (you can hear humming sound coming from the pump). It is a very preliminary check whether the ECM can control the fuel pump relay. If this is not happening, either the wiring has some issues, or the fuel pump relay is not working. If the pump is working, then get it's pressure checked. Also get the injector checked for any problem.

If the check engine light is always 'ON', your car must be fuel guzzler on petrol (black smoke from exhaust due to rich mixture), as any of the system fault is prohibiting the car to work optimally and your car is running in fail-safe mode.

Dear Test driver,

I tried shorting the connector as described in your earlier post but failed. when i turn on the ignition check engine light appears (it does'nt blink or anything, i jus comes up and stays there) even when i shorted the pins of obd connector nothing happend, the check engine stayed there, no signals nothing. Looking forward to your guidance.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saadqureshii View Post
    Dear Test driver,

I tried shorting the connector as described in your earlier post but failed. when i turn on the ignition check engine light appears (it does'nt blink or anything, i jus comes up and stays there) even when i shorted the pins of obd connector nothing happend, the check engine stayed there, no signals nothing. Looking forward to your guidance.
    It seems like the ECM is not responding due to faulty I/O chip. Ask your mechanic to install another ECM and then check whether the CEL is behaving correctly. Ask him that, if your problem gets resolved, you will buy the ECM from him otherwise not.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    It seems like the ECM is not responding due to faulty I/O chip. Ask your mechanic to install another ECM and then check whether the CEL is behaving correctly. Ask him that, if your problem gets resolved, you will buy the ECM from him otherwise not.
    Thanks alot testdriver, i will show it to the mechanic and get back to you. btw i should get the cng wirring fixed before showing ecm to the mechanic?@ karachitescan anybody from karachi guide me to a good and HONEST mechanic?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saadqureshii View Post
    Thanks alot testdriver, i will show it to the mechanic and get back to you. btw i should get the cng wirring fixed before showing ecm to the mechanic?@ karachitescan anybody from karachi guide me to a good and HONEST mechanic?
    Offcourse get the wiring checked first, otherwise you may fry the new ECM too!
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default @ Saadqureshii

I know a daewoo mechanic in Karachi his name is Aslam cell#03452285459.His shop is near Alladin park

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

saad there is one mechanic irshad his workshop is when u take exit of bridge at shahra -e- faisal and going to clifton side he is near friends CNG station he is a bit rip off but knows daewoo and there is 1 in karachi in gulshan and i didnt check him but my brother told me he is doing all EFI cars try him also below is his link.

Prime Auto's All type of EFI Diagnostic Work Do and also Scanning - Karachi - Cars

Electronic computries checking EFI engines,transmission,danting panting,Mecnicle All works - Karachi - Repair

check them and do let me know
    See the dark side

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Testdriver Sir my woo has been you can say ignored a lot in terms of frequent maintainance..One thing i made sure were timely oil and filter change otherwise made necessary repairs//component swaps only when car came to a halt..I have never adjusted its timing belt(replace only in intervals of 15k Kms),,valve clearance..Its suspension needs major repair work..Can you guide me to a reliable mechanic who can diagnose my car issues and is good technically with woo mechanics and is not a rip off.As nowadays i am most of the time commuting on motorcycle car remains parked all the time..I eant to get it tich fit mechanically..After that i will go for a major paint job.Thanks in advance

Also what is the ideal compression rating for woo..My piston rings have been replaced and already drive 30K+ with the change

And the engine model for Woo imported via taxi scheme and auction via officers scheme..the 4 gear model 1496 cc one..Is it 1.5 L engine?
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilskreed View Post
    @ Testdriver Sir my woo has been you can say ignored a lot in terms of frequent maintainance..One thing i made sure were timely oil and filter change otherwise made necessary repairs//component swaps only when car came to a halt..I have never adjusted its timing belt(replace only in intervals of 15k Kms),,valve clearance..Its suspension needs major repair work..Can you guide me to a reliable mechanic who can diagnose my car issues and is good technically with woo mechanics and is not a rip off.As nowadays i am most of the time commuting on motorcycle car remains parked all the time..I eant to get it tich fit mechanically..After that i will go for a major paint job.Thanks in advance

Also what is the ideal compression rating for woo..My piston rings have been replaced and already drive 30K+ with the change

And the engine model for Woo imported via taxi scheme and auction via officers scheme..the 4 gear model 1496 cc one..Is it 1.5 L engine?
    1. I recommend that you visit Tahir's workshop @G-8. He is a reliable Daewoo mechanic. Also you will get quality parts from him.

2. The ideal compression (dry) is around 140psi.

3. It is actually 1498cc (76.5 X 81.5 [bore x stroke]), referred to as G15SF. Yes, it is 1.5L engine.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shahabrk View Post
    saad there is one mechanic irshad his workshop is when u take exit of bridge at shahra -e- faisal and going to clifton side he is near friends CNG station he is a bit rip off but knows daewoo and there is 1 in karachi in gulshan and i didnt check him but my brother told me he is doing all EFI cars try him also below is his link.

Prime Auto's All type of EFI Diagnostic Work Do and also Scanning - Karachi - Cars

Electronic computries checking EFI engines,transmission,danting panting,Mecnicle All works - Karachi - Repair

check them and do let me know

@shahabrk i called the above links buh they said k daewoo is an old car and we dont deal with ir
    @ greedy do you have any personal experience wit this mechanic?(Aslam)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Then saad try irshad, that is the only guy i know and there is one more in tariq road i went to him one time only check him out also and do update me also since i am also having the same problem and irshad told me to change the computer
    See the dark side

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Test driver SIr where can i get my Daewoo compression tested in Isb/Rwp?

I also checked out the Service and Repair manula available..It has no information on g15sf 1.5L model

Now as i was just free to take out the car for driving to G8.Now the rear drum has leaked brake fluid..Probably washers are gone..I can drive the car without brakes but not easy to manage
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilskreed View Post
    @Test driver SIr where can i get my Daewoo compression tested in Isb/Rwp?

I also checked out the Service and Repair manula available..It has no information on g15sf 1.5L model

Now as i was just free to take out the car for driving to G8.Now the rear drum has leaked brake fluid..Probably washers are gone..I can drive the car without brakes but not easy to manage
    You will get all kind of services related to Daewoo under one roof at Tahir's workshop.

In the service manual you can refer to the OHC engine section, as mechanically 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6L SOHC are exactly same except the bore and stroke. The TBi system is 100 percent identical so is the ECM among all the above mentioned engines.

Do not try to drive your car without brakes, get the brake corrected first. If you are residing some where near saddar or rawal road, you should take your car to Mian khan (near Fauji towers) for brake repair!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam ,

i have some experience of daewoo racer and few problem with it ,
    its all original and no mods except cng conversion ,
    i would like to share and get suggestion for improvements ....

1) engine starts roaring in high rpm at its own especially after trip

2) upon brakes engine stops some times more on cng

3)mud flaps usually touch every speed braker

4) brake pads are consumed too early and brake is not good any way to improve original(no mods) brake or celos brakes are they good for daewoo

5) timing belt often breaks between 15k to 25k km so needs frequent replacement

6)unable to find crystal head lights.

7) air throw is not good and have to replace ac compressor every season

8) car often heats up in summer in traffic jams

9)its side mirrors reflect too much light at night .

10) only 4 gears with 1.6 engine 5 th may improve fuel economy ?any suggestion

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Kamando View Post
    salam ,

i have some experience of daewoo racer and few problem with it ,
    its all original and no mods except cng conversion ,
    i would like to share and get suggestion for improvements ....

1) engine starts roaring in high rpm at its own especially after trip

2) upon brakes engine stops some times more on cng

3)mud flaps usually touch every speed braker

4) brake pads are consumed too early and brake is not good any way to improve original(no mods) brake or celos brakes are they good for daewoo

5) timing belt often breaks between 15k to 25k km so needs frequent replacement

6)unable to find crystal head lights.

7) air throw is not good and have to replace ac compressor every season

8) car often heats up in summer in traffic jams

9)its side mirrors reflect too much light at night .

10) only 4 gears with 1.6 engine 5 th may improve fuel economy ?any suggestion
    WAS,

Welcome to the forum! Regarding your problems:

1. Get your car's ECM (Computer) for any problem. Most probably the idle screw has been fiddled by mechanics, the IAC valve is sticky or VSS is faulty. The scanner is available with Khalid @ I-9 whose contact is mentioned in the top post. If your car is showing the check engine light, you can try to read the error codes yourself by a technique mentioned in the top post.

2. This is more likely a symptom of faulty VSS.

3. Install smaller mudflaps like the ones installed in Alto VXR
    Daewoo fan club -1095967

4. Get the caliper kit checked for any problem and get the brake serviced every 3 months.

5. Try getting genuine timing belt, available at parts dealers mentioned at page 3 of this forum (link mentioned in top post). Also if your car has any heat-up history, get the head checked for any deformation causing extra load on cam shaft and timing belt to break.

6. Unfortunately crystal headlights are not available. If you are not satisfied with the glow of light, get relays installed.

7. Get the cooling coil and blower checked for any blockage. For compressor, get a Sanden unit installed and dont forget to replace the expansion valve too, as with the passage of time the expansion valve get clogged causing back pressure on the compressor that results in premature failure.

8. Get the radiator checked for fins blockage, secondly get the radiator serviced. Also keep an check on the head gasket as it is damaged with engine heat-ups.

9. This is not a problem with your car, but the cars behind you using high beams. To overcome this issue, just adjust them to an angle where the reflection angle does not come directly into the eyes.

10. It has not a 1.6L but 1.5L engine with a wide ratio 4-speed gear ratios, the 5th gear would be too heavy for the engine. If you change to 5-speed gearbox, you will find the short ratio ones in the market that came in G15SF and G15MF. 5-speed gearbox is only beneficial on highways and if you frequently use highways, then it is wise to get it installed.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@testdriver
    Thanks for a quick and detailed response
    i wil get my work done and will share

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb Daewoo Lemans ETI

Hi Folks,

I have this car: Daewoo Lemans ETI 1994 full option automatic gearbox 1.5 injection. Can someone provide me details of it? i.e. what means ETI? Whats difference between it and GTI ?? Whats difference between Lemans / Racer / Ceilo ?

Another question: I made steering balance to it that day, and the guy removed the middle part of the steering wheel (where the horn is), and there was a metal square part. He told me no need for it but I feel that it was there for a reason ?

Many thanks in advance!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@daewoo Owners,
    Please advice me about the dashboard of daewoo ceilo, its a short in kabari market in Rawalpindi and those who have demanding insanely high. Some people advice to change with Terios kid dashboard as it required very little modification only of Blower pipes.
    Your kind information will be appreciated.
    WhEn ThInGs Go WrOnG, DoN'T Go WiTh ThEm.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello guys..
    i have been using my dawewoo car for last 6 months .. nowadays its giving me around 100KM of milage with full 55 cylender of CNG .. isn't it too low .. it used to give me around 130 within city

please advise?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast_to_furious View Post
    @daewoo Owners,
    Please advice me about the dashboard of daewoo ceilo, its a short in kabari market in Rawalpindi and those who have demanding insanely high. Some people advice to change with Terios kid dashboard as it required very little modification only of Blower pipes.
    Your kind information will be appreciated.
    What happened to the existing dashboard? If it has torn rexene, or need little repairing, you can take your dashboard to poshish maker for redoing the rexene. If it is beyond repair and the Cielo's dashboard is expansive/not available, only then you should look for some alternate.
    I have witnessed three Daewoo Racers with dashboard replaced, one with Corolla 1995 (Indus), second with Honda City 1999 and third with Corolla 2003. The one with Corolla 1995 was looking decent with everything perfectly in place. I haven't seen any Daewoo with Terios Kid dashboard so can't comment. If any person who has undergone the transplant and recommending you to do the same, you should take some pictures of his car and upload here so that we can judge better about it's looks.
    Adnan's

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List