Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Moreover any idea how to identify the injectors (DOHC or SOHC) when buying. As these kabari's usually mix the things up and put on display.

Also who will be good electrician or mechanic to do the job in case we will ve going for second option?
    //.....Don't bully Korean cars.......//

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello every one.......
    i hav a problem regarding deawoo fuel guage.......when i get tank full its guage go straight up to f.......but when i fill petrol upto 2000 rps.....the guage does not move from e.......and when its full its come down very quickly...rather there is a fuel in the tank.....and there is an other problem.....my fuel pump tub which is located in the tank where we fit the pump......is not there where it should be its floating in the tank......so on turnings the petrol goes to one side and car starts missing and somthimes stops running.....but when it goes straight its fine.......so plz guide what should i do...and who can fix it....rather i hav to install new tank or it can be fixed......thamx in advane....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My Daewoo Cielo...Daewoo fan club -1130924

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default daewoo racer for sale officer scheme 315000

Hi ,
    I need info regarding SALE , PURCHASE point of DAEWOO racers.
    Is there any location where only DAEWOO racers are dealt with ?
    Actually I want to sale my daewoo racer OFFICER scheme. WHAT should be market value ?
    you can find whole detail in this link including pictures

Used Daewoo Racer 1996 Car for sale in Rawalpindi - 553270 | PakWheels

Thanks

Haider

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@test driver after my trip back to lhr from skt i m still noticing black char in the tail pipe...when i turn on the engine the rpm goes high and then gets normal but may be becoz of cold start but while driving some times the car hesitates jerks a bit only when i shift it from high to low gear and then goes smooth as i step on the accelerator...the fuel injector n pump i recently changed were kabli...so im not sure if the black thing should still exist in the pipe as i think lhr to skt n back is quite a long trip for the black smoke to clear off...dont i thinkso?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by azkhan View Post
    @testdriver

Sir,

Kept the flat top pistons with higher CR. Injectors (of MPFI version were installed as these were a bit of different sizes) were bought used along with manifold and throttle body. Sir didn't get the port polished this time. Missing the DOHC times when even 1.8 civics had a tough time with me. Yup you are right DOHC is a great engine and besides the power its alot more smoother with low end torque helping you climb the hilly areas like a 4x4 engine.

I had two DOHC heads but have given one to the kabaria and one is still lying with me in my garage along with daewoo dohc plate (ignition cable cover) (as a sovereign :p). Currently I'm using DOHC wiring which was bolt on.

Now sir how to proceed kindly guide me. As I have to options.

1. To get the injectors changed and then check.

2. I have a clean TBi wiring, ECM, air intake assembly and the manifold along with the throttle body lying in my garage. The things I'm lacking are single injector and potentiometer. The cost of fitting these things and buying are approximately 5k.

Kindly guide.
    You should go for the simpler job first. You can get kabli injectors for around Rs.1500.

Quote Originally Posted by azkhan View Post
    Moreover any idea how to identify the injectors (DOHC or SOHC) when buying. As these kabari's usually mix the things up and put on display.

Also who will be good electrician or mechanic to do the job in case we will ve going for second option?
    To identify the DOHC injector, you have to compare them with the ones installed in your car right now, SOHC injectors are bigger in diameter as compared to the DOHC ones and also SOHC injectors have five tiny pinholes for fuel injection while DOHC has reasonably bigger two pinholes for the fuel injection. SOHC injectors can easily get clogged if not been used for a longer period of time as in case of CNG converted vehicles.

If you are going for the second option, you can either contact Khalid's workshop at I-9 or Tahir's workshop at G-8.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haideruet View Post
    Hi ,
    I need info regarding SALE , PURCHASE point of DAEWOO racers.
    Is there any location where only DAEWOO racers are dealt with ?
    Actually I want to sale my daewoo racer OFFICER scheme. WHAT should be market value ?
    you can find whole detail in this link including pictures

Used Daewoo Racer 1996 Car for sale in Rawalpindi - 553270 | PakWheels

Thanks

Haider
    You can assess your car by Sarfraz (0333-5101486) @ I & T Center, G-10. He is regularly in sale-purchase of Daewoo, although he is mechanic but a very nice person to deal with.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kasib View Post
    hello every one.......
    i hav a problem regarding deawoo fuel guage.......when i get tank full its guage go straight up to f.......but when i fill petrol upto 2000 rps.....the guage does not move from e.......and when its full its come down very quickly...rather there is a fuel in the tank.....and there is an other problem.....my fuel pump tub which is located in the tank where we fit the pump......is not there where it should be its floating in the tank......so on turnings the petrol goes to one side and car starts missing and somthimes stops running.....but when it goes straight its fine.......so plz guide what should i do...and who can fix it....rather i hav to install new tank or it can be fixed......thamx in advane....
    It seems link either the gauge is faulty or the float is not freely moving due to some obstacle. As you have mentioned that the in-tank baffle is not there and floating around the tank, it might be the culprit in this case. I recommend that you should get the fuel tank checked by your mechanic so that you can reach a possible solution, if it is repairable or need replacement.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guybwp View Post
    @test driver after my trip back to lhr from skt i m still noticing black char in the tail pipe...when i turn on the engine the rpm goes high and then gets normal but may be becoz of cold start but while driving some times the car hesitates jerks a bit only when i shift it from high to low gear and then goes smooth as i step on the accelerator...the fuel injector n pump i recently changed were kabli...so im not sure if the black thing should still exist in the pipe as i think lhr to skt n back is quite a long trip for the black smoke to clear off...dont i thinkso?
    The hesitation in your case indicate that one of the sensors, probably TPS and MAP are the culprit. Black smoke increase the probability of MAP sensor being faulty or even the vacuum pipe leading from manifold to the MAP sensor. To check whether there is black smoke or not or the amount of black smoke emitted, ask any of your friend to start and floor the accelerator few times and you should observe it.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@testdriver whats the best way to diagnose the faulty sensor coz ecm is not showing any error codes whatso ever so hw can i be sure if map sensor or TPS r faulty?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

apologies cant keep up due to my busy schdule

@ testdriver thanks!!!
    @guybwp @testdriver is correctly stating issues. In my opinion, missing on slow, black smoke coming out of silencer on giving sudden throttle or running car in high speed is realted to defective MAP sensor. Temporarily get it replaced with working one an d repeat the test. you can perform this test at Khalid (Friend Autos) if you want to.
    And yes all updates were done by Mr Khalid / Amjad while at federal autos and now at friend autos
    @azkhan missing in four injector system can be due to faulty sensor / injector. Short Spark Plug or mismatched heat range spark plug(non recommended) or in most cases faulty ECM

Get your vehicle diagnosed
    Life is Precious -- Drive Carefully

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aoa guys these days i m trying some important maintenance works on my woo .things i have already done are
    1.both front shocks one side bottle only and one side kit only
    2.new tyres
    3.one side goda
    ride is much more smooth but i m not sure the basic problem because of which i started this all is resolved or not
    lets talk abt that
    car was very smooth on smooth carpeted roads but it used to sway right or left on rough roads as it happened with me on journey back from abbottabad to hassan abdal as road is a bit rough and it would tend to get out of control at speeds 60 to 70 .i got the suspension checked and as a result of that did the above mention maintenance
    moreover there was high rpm problem ocassionaly and could not diagnose it for long even through scanner and finally it turned out to be the short ignition leads upon changing them by chance the problem seems to be resolved at last.this is just to enlighten the other owners as it may be of some help.
    now the debate goes on as when i went for the alignment shop the guy there refused to do the alignment saying that suspension is loose and he will not do it till the time i dont get over the ball joints chimta and ends issue.i again went back to my mechanic and he said that he checked every part of the suspension and everything is perfectly fine and it will not sway around even on rough roads as the problem was due to tyres and shocks.
    now i m in a state of dichotomy whom to believe.any suggestions /help?
    moreover i want to change the dashboard and steering of my car to cielo
    what should be the exchange prices for these two items and any special advises in this regard.........?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so here it is guys....i have been searching the net regarding my cars problem but im not getting any where as most symptoms of different sensors kinda overlap with each other making it hard to detect which one may be the real culprit...as i told earlier that i got the fuel injector changed with a kabli one...but even after that my car has not shown much improvement...the hesitation while accelration is there, the engine surgers at times even during driving ...there is a strong petrol smell coming in the car....and when i start the car when its cold the rpms go down and gradually get stable but when i ve driven the car for a while and then when i restart it the engine surges and gets stable....now all these symptoms happened before and even after replacement of the injector..now im confused if the injector is bad or as @testdriver and @Shan said it may be MAP sensor....but if its the MAP sensor then why there is not check engine light coming and also on scanning the ECM manually there r no error code displaying saying its bad MAP sensor..im totally confused...what shall i do? coz i just dont wana spend and replace with out knowing the actual problem...kindly guide me...and also i m coming to isb next week so who shall i get it checked from if the mechanics over here in lhr fail to correctly diagnose it...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by crystal5311 View Post
    aoa guys these days i m trying some important maintenance works on my woo .things i have already done are
    1.both front shocks one side bottle only and one side kit only
    2.new tyres
    3.one side goda
    ride is much more smooth but i m not sure the basic problem because of which i started this all is resolved or not
    lets talk abt that
    car was very smooth on smooth carpeted roads but it used to sway right or left on rough roads as it happened with me on journey back from abbottabad to hassan abdal as road is a bit rough and it would tend to get out of control at speeds 60 to 70 .i got the suspension checked and as a result of that did the above mention maintenance
    moreover there was high rpm problem ocassionaly and could not diagnose it for long even through scanner and finally it turned out to be the short ignition leads upon changing them by chance the problem seems to be resolved at last.this is just to enlighten the other owners as it may be of some help.
    now the debate goes on as when i went for the alignment shop the guy there refused to do the alignment saying that suspension is loose and he will not do it till the time i dont get over the ball joints chimta and ends issue.i again went back to my mechanic and he said that he checked every part of the suspension and everything is perfectly fine and it will not sway around even on rough roads as the problem was due to tyres and shocks.
    now i m in a state of dichotomy whom to believe.any suggestions /help?
    moreover i want to change the dashboard and steering of my car to cielo
    what should be the exchange prices for these two items and any special advises in this regard.........?
    The problem was correctly diagnosed; the shocks which were not properly pressed and released in a balanced manner resulting in one side of the car responding fine to the unevenness of the road while the other slow in response. Secondly it can be due to different grips of the tires, which also has been addressed. The car should be all okay now, if not, get both the front springs checked for any problem.

Regarding the suspension softening issue, do you feel any heave rattle sounds from the suspension on a rough road like "Garr Garr" etc. If yes, the suspension is really softened and you have to identify the faulty parts including ball joints, tie rod ends and rubber bushings and replace them where necessary.

Regarding the dashboard and steering of cielo, if your existing dashboard is in reasonable condition then no need to replace it, but take it to poshish maker for repair. If you are still interested in cielo dashboard, you can easily get it replaced too, but mind you that the dashboard is made of the same stuff (hardboard) as that of the racers dashboard and after a few years it will also deteriorate. You can get the exact price quote by referring to contacts at page-3 of this forum. Yes steering wheel replacement is a good idea (I hope you were referring to the steering wheel only and not the power steering setup)
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guybwp View Post
    so here it is guys....i have been searching the net regarding my cars problem but im not getting any where as most symptoms of different sensors kinda overlap with each other making it hard to detect which one may be the real culprit...as i told earlier that i got the fuel injector changed with a kabli one...but even after that my car has not shown much improvement...the hesitation while accelration is there, the engine surgers at times even during driving ...there is a strong petrol smell coming in the car....and when i start the car when its cold the rpms go down and gradually get stable but when i ve driven the car for a while and then when i restart it the engine surges and gets stable....now all these symptoms happened before and even after replacement of the injector..now im confused if the injector is bad or as @testdriver and @Shan said it may be MAP sensor....but if its the MAP sensor then why there is not check engine light coming and also on scanning the ECM manually there r no error code displaying saying its bad MAP sensor..im totally confused...what shall i do? coz i just dont wana spend and replace with out knowing the actual problem...kindly guide me...and also i m coming to isb next week so who shall i get it checked from if the mechanics over here in lhr fail to correctly diagnose it...
    Did you check for existence of black smoke from the exhaust with the help of your friend? If you see black smoke, then any of the sensors is faulty.
    Secondly regarding the error reporting mechanism of the ECM, whenever any sensor remains in the malfunction state (not providing the desired voltage according to the rpms) for about two minutes, the ECM reports it as bad and store the error in the memory. In your case, MAP sensor is constantly changing its values while not giving peak voltage at higher vacuum (pressing throttle). As a result the error is not reported by the ECM. You can check whether the MAP sensor is working by either hooking it on a scanner and checking the live sensor data (ideal) or try replacing it with another unit to check whether the problem persists or not.

I recommend that when you are coming to ISB, get the ECM scanned + live data viewed at Khalid's place.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@testdriver

Sir replaced the injectors with DOHC ones and the problem is resolved. Hope the milage improves too. Thanks for your post sir.
    //.....Don't bully Korean cars.......//

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i changed the MAP sensor ....this one is ok but still the engine surges not like previously but still the rpms get high during driving and dont come down...im thinking either the injector which i got replaced is not right or may be this MAP sensor is not right but now the hesitation is gone ...the car run fine just the increased rpms issue...im gonna go to mechanic again and ask abt it ...they usually ve injectors so try to replace and then drive....and yes im thinking to go to khalid autos on my visit to isb Inshallah.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    The problem was correctly diagnosed; the shocks which were not properly pressed and released in a balanced manner resulting in one side of the car responding fine to the unevenness of the road while the other slow in response. Secondly it can be due to different grips of the tires, which also has been addressed. The car should be all okay now, if not, get both the front springs checked for any problem.

Regarding the suspension softening issue, do you feel any heave rattle sounds from the suspension on a rough road like "Garr Garr" etc. If yes, the suspension is really softened and you have to identify the faulty parts including ball joints, tie rod ends and rubber bushings and replace them where necessary.

Regarding the dashboard and steering of cielo, if your existing dashboard is in reasonable condition then no need to replace it, but take it to poshish maker for repair. If you are still interested in cielo dashboard, you can easily get it replaced too, but mind you that the dashboard is made of the same stuff (hardboard) as that of the racers dashboard and after a few years it will also deteriorate. You can get the exact price quote by referring to contacts at page-3 of this forum. Yes steering wheel replacement is a good idea (I hope you were referring to the steering wheel only and not the power steering setup)
    adnan bhai thx for quick response
    suspension does not give extra noises on rough roads as u inquired and therefore i hope that the issue is fully addressed now
    as for as the dash board is concerned all the vanes and buttons are not in a very good shape but overall the dash board is in good condition looking to change it for some good interior look and also to address the maintenance issue i think cielo's dash board is a bit cool in looks
    i have already installed the power steering and so far it is working fine not to utmost satisfaction but sometimes u have to live with it and now looking to change only the steering to four spokes one
    u can say that i m upgrading the ride step by step
    today got the fuel guage also after waiting for one year and in ur opinion if i change the gear box for better fuel efficiency how much difference it would make i m using four speed gear box and its working fine and i m getting around 12 + mileage locally and 14+ on long at speed aroud 100 and looking for even better as i dont have cng installed in my car ..........looking for some valueable advise

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by crystal5311 View Post
    adnan bhai thx for quick response
    suspension does not give extra noises on rough roads as u inquired and therefore i hope that the issue is fully addressed now
    as for as the dash board is concerned all the vanes and buttons are not in a very good shape but overall the dash board is in good condition looking to change it for some good interior look and also to address the maintenance issue i think cielo's dash board is a bit cool in looks
    i have already installed the power steering and so far it is working fine not to utmost satisfaction but sometimes u have to live with it and now looking to change only the steering to four spokes one
    u can say that i m upgrading the ride step by step
    today got the fuel guage also after waiting for one year and in ur opinion if i change the gear box for better fuel efficiency how much difference it would make i m using four speed gear box and its working fine and i m getting around 12 + mileage locally and 14+ on long at speed aroud 100 and looking for even better as i dont have cng installed in my car ..........looking for some valueable advise
    If you are getting 12+ in local driving and 14+ on long drives, it is an excellent mileage IMO. Don't go for the gearbox transplant as you wont get any better mileage than what you are getting now, unless you regularly drive on a highway. You can get up to 15 at max on highway. The 4 speed transmission has wider ratios so it is basically compensating for the 5th gear to some extent.

Regarding the dashboard, it has nothing different except the color (light grey). It costs around Rs.20k and installation labor is separate. Rest it is your personal choice!

You can go for the steering wheel of cielo, no harm in it!
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers