Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by welcome786 View Post
    nice ride man.

how much you are asking?
    Thanks, 350k is the asking price which is negotiable... I've been telling buyers to come see the car and give offer according to condition.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerX View Post
    Thanks, 350k is the asking price which is negotiable... I've been telling buyers to come see the car and give offer according to condition.
    Dude, i am interested to purchase your ride for my nephew
    Everyone in life is looking for a certain RUSH, racing is where I get MINE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Testdriver:

I have installed thermostate in my car for activating the heaters in start of this winter. after that it has been noticed that the water level is going decreased after 2-3 days. is it normal? moreover the needle of water temp remains on 2nd point. kindly comment

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asifnadeem1975 View Post
    Dear Testdriver:

I have installed thermostate in my car for activating the heaters in start of this winter. after that it has been noticed that the water level is going decreased after 2-3 days. is it normal? moreover the needle of water temp remains on 2nd point. kindly comment
    Did you mean the needle stay at half? If yes, it is just normal. When it passes the half point a little bit, the fan starts operating. Regarding water level decrease, there shouldn't be a great decrease in water level. BTW how much decrease has been noticed? Do you hear any sound of boiling water from the water reservoir just before automatic fan operation? There might be some minor leak in the engine cooling system.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Assalam o alaikum,

hope every one will be enjoying their daewoo rides.

i am willing to know how much shade is allowed on glasses, means percentage of shade. please tell me with reference.

waiting..
    MONEY IS YOURS BUT RESOURCES BELONG TO THE
    SOCIETY

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam to all members i need help i am searching for a neat n clean daewoo racer with ac running on both cng n petrol and with neat interior ....any one can pm me ........the vehicle should b from karachi n karachi registered |! need urgently my budget is under 2.5 lacs
    OK !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam to all
    i ve started using ac as its quite hot at noon time here in lhr...just wanted to know where should be heat guage be with ac on n direct fan....searched previous posts but couldnt find the post where testdriver mentioned it...
    mine goes to the top of white mark....the pick drops considerably..is it becoz the compressor is old now..its sanden...
    also wen i press harder on accelerator to compensate for reduce pick...i think the car heats up more...
    its not dat hot these days n im worried wat would happen in june or july in scroching heat...kindly reply thx

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by oops View Post
    Salam to all members i need help i am searching for a neat n clean daewoo racer with ac running on both cng n petrol and with neat interior ....any one can pm me ........the vehicle should b from karachi n karachi registered |! need urgently my budget is under 2.5 lacs
    WAS. Welcome to the forum and best of luck finding a good car!
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guybwp View Post
    salam to all
    i ve started using ac as its quite hot at noon time here in lhr...just wanted to know where should be heat guage be with ac on n direct fan....searched previous posts but couldnt find the post where testdriver mentioned it...
    mine goes to the top of white mark....the pick drops considerably..is it becoz the compressor is old now..its sanden...
    also wen i press harder on accelerator to compensate for reduce pick...i think the car heats up more...
    its not dat hot these days n im worried wat would happen in june or july in scroching heat...kindly reply thx
    WAS,

Did the electrician install power relay to switch ON the AC compressor? If yes, ask your electrician to convert it back to original wiring. To check this specific condition, the compressor should trip when the ECM sense engine load condition, like on a stand still when the accelerator is abruptly floored. If the compressor is not tripping, it confirms my above statement. Secondly, get the AC signal wire hooked up as I have mentioned in this link

Regarding the temperature gauge, the needle should stay around the mid-point. Anything higher is considered as overheat while lower is considered as colder engine!

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hey guys, i bought an aftermarket tacho for my 1995 1.5i and am unsure of how to wire it up. just asking for a little help as to where the wires go, pictures would be a great help
    thanks in advance

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    WAS,

Did the electrician install power relay to switch ON the AC compressor? If yes, ask your electrician to convert it back to original wiring. To check this specific condition, the compressor should trip when the ECM sense engine load condition, like on a stand still when the accelerator is abruptly floored. If the compressor is not tripping, it confirms my above statement. Secondly, get the AC signal wire hooked up as I have mentioned in this link

Regarding the temperature gauge, the needle should stay around the mid-point. Anything higher is considered as overheat while lower is considered as colder engine!

i did all the ac wiring from friends autos...and he all the unnecessary relays but installed it like u mentioned with ac signal switch wire...now the car doesnt vibrate at all...like it used to last summer when that was the major problem....the tripwall device which was located inside the dashboard was removed after the ac original wiring was restored and he said that now the compressor will trip by it self whenever it will sense over heating of engine...and at that time he floored and accelerator and made me heard a special "tic" sound coming from compressor saying that it means compressor is tripping...
    do i still need to do this
    "The problem seems to be with the AC signal switch. Ask your electrician to short the 12V wire from high pressure AC switch to the signal wire of AC signal harness."
    as u mentioned in the link

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@azzamat12317

Welcome to the forum!

The wiring diagram is very simple illustrated below:
    Daewoo fan club -1155867

i did all the ac wiring from friends autos...and he all the unnecessary relays but installed it like u mentioned with ac signal switch wire...now the car doesnt vibrate at all...like it used to last summer when that was the major problem....the tripwall device which was located inside the dashboard was removed after the ac original wiring was restored and he said that now the compressor will trip by it self whenever it will sense over heating of engine...and at that time he floored and accelerator and made me heard a special "tic" sound coming from compressor saying that it means compressor is tripping...
    do i still need to do this
    "The problem seems to be with the AC signal switch. Ask your electrician to short the 12V wire from high pressure AC switch to the signal wire of AC signal harness."
    as u mentioned in the link
    Then you don't need to change it!

Regarding the pick problem, did you check the engine compression? If the engine is weak, it will heat-up quite a lot on AC due to head pressure.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i think the engine is weak...coz today in late afternoon the heat guage was going up wen it didnt use to lst yr

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam to all
    Lately for past two days after i ran the A.C of my car...car is heating up even without A.C now....the heat guage starts going up and it doesnt stop at the low mark of white area it goes up a bit...when it shouldnt at al coz the fan is direct and the needle should go down when im drivinh at 80miles per hr but instead it stays right up there....the water is not decreasing and i vnt checked for other sumptoms of bloan head gasket but i cant wait for the symptoms of blown head gasket ...coz i dnt wana loose the head and get the pistons broken or camshaft...
    Could this all be due to blocked radiator..coz i vnt washed the radiator..although while servicing A.C the radiator was taken out but radiator itself wasnt washed...could this be one of the reason that car is not dissipating heat properly...or could it be bad water pump???? i really dont ve any idea....plz counsel me....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Assalam o alaikum, handed over my ride to mechanic for denting and paining and some minor works. last day i bought some geniune parts for daewoo. 1. radiator = 70002. front glass = 42003. locks (digi + side doors + fuel cap + Ignition Switch) = 30004. Cluch plate and Pressure plate with bearing = 34005. Monograms for (front grill + daewoo + racer + digi) = 2006. fuel filter = 5007. fuel pump motor = 12008. speedo meter gear = 4509. hazard switch = 95010. head light switch = 1050total expenses 21950please let me know are these rates justified?denting + painting = 28000
    MONEY IS YOURS BUT RESOURCES BELONG TO THE
    SOCIETY

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sold the car (almost) today, buyer gave 10k bayana and will buy tomorrow after verifying registration.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

test driver, is there any EGR valve in daewoo racer, if yes what is the location and how to service it
    See the dark side

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam to all
    Lately for past two days after i ran the A.C of my car...car is heating up even without A.C now....the heat guage starts going up and it doesnt stop at the low mark of white area it goes up a bit...when it shouldnt at al coz the fan is direct and the needle should go down when im drivinh at 80miles per hr but instead it stays right up there....the water is not decreasing and i vnt checked for other sumptoms of bloan head gasket but i cant wait for the symptoms of blown head gasket ...coz i dnt wana loose the head and get the pistons broken or camshaft...
    Could this all be due to blocked radiator..coz i vnt washed the radiator..although while servicing A.C the radiator was taken out but radiator itself wasnt washed...could this be one of the reason that car is not dissipating heat properly...or could it be bad water pump???? i really dont ve any idea....plz counsel me....
    Sorry for the late reply. There are two possibilities, either the radiator is not exchanging heat at the required rate or some of the water channels within the engine are blocked. In some situations, a stuck thermostat valve can also cause blockage in the cooling system. Get these things checked by your mechanic.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by welcome786 View Post
    Assalam o alaikum, handed over my ride to mechanic for denting and painint and some minor works. last day i bought some geniune parts for wooo. 1. radiator = 70002. front glass = 42003. locks (digi + side doors + fuel cap + Ignition Switch) = 30004. Cluch plate and Pressure plate with bearing = 34005. Monograms for (front grill + daewoo + racer + digi) = 2006. fuel filter = 5007. fuel pump motor = 12008. speedo meter gear = 4509. hazard switch = 95010. head light switch = 1050total expenses 21950please let me know are these rates justified?denting + painting = 28000
    Rates are quite reasonable! Good job btw.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerX View Post
    Sold the car (almost) today, buyer gave 10k bayana and will buy tomorrow after verifying registration.
    Good! How much did it fetch?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List