Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer 1996 Rawalpindi # Forsale

Hi daewoo Lover,
    I've been the member of Daewoo Fan Club and really appreciate the valuables input by senior members with very good and informative support. My daewoo racer is up for sale due to my relocation of job, if any body interest, he can reach me on 03335564299.
    Thanks
    Daewoo fan club -1208537
    WhEn ThInGs Go WrOnG, DoN'T Go WiTh ThEm.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mechanic in Karachi and White Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by tariqsabih View Post
    Further, pls. also advice about any gud mechanic in khi to perform the required job & estimated cost.
    in which area you are living?
    MONEY IS YOURS BUT RESOURCES BELONG TO THE
    SOCIETY

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by welcome786 View Post
    in which area you are living?
    I live in Nazimabad...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Asalam o alaikam everyone. Testdriver I need advise regarding my car's engine, It is making a rattling sound when I try to accelerate , especially in the 2nd and 3rd gear, the second problem is that the engine makes noise but not enough acceleration or pickup, the third thing is that today a mechanic told me that there is a small leak from the engine, Now what would be your advise regarding these problems, should I go for repair or replacement of engine? if replacement then which kind of engine should i look for ? my car is 93 daewoo racer, engine is SOHC 1.5 l . I am a fairly new driver and do not know much regarding cars and their problems. Any help would be really appreciated from you and anyone else too. Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Assalam o allaikum test driver (Adnan bhai)....my woo generartor is not working properly....2 years back i replaced its origional wid some toyota model...dont know whch model is this....according to u which generator is suitable instead of origional one.........having some long life and durability.....thanx

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello everyone..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam test driver........and all the fans of this forum......i really appreciate your efforts at this forum...i want to disscus some issue

now a days im facing issue of over heating with ac on my daewoo.......2 months back i hav done the following things..

1. replaced the head gas kit
    2. replaced the water body
    3.recently cleaned the radiator...it was chowked actully....it was single nali orignal radiator
    4.with no thermostat valve and direct fan with variable speeds

i dont know why my daewoo is getting heat....it has a problem of eating a little bit of oil....may be it must be the reason..know i am confused of following things

1. radiator should be replaced....single nali is not sufficient...
    2. may be engine is weak and eating oil and it is the reason of heating and get it overhauled
    3. or the daewoo is not good with ac in intercity.....

now i want to know the solution......
    if i had to replace the radiator... what kind it shoud be..and from where i should get installed...or it need some alteration with radiator
    and if i had to over hauled the engine....who is best for it in pindi isb....and from where i shoud bought the parts
    and if daewoo is not good with ac in intercity....i should not use it with ac

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AoA,
    Guys i have this problem with my daewoo heating up on AC. Whats strange for me is: when car is in parking with engine AC running temp needle goes up to half and stays there, but when the car is moving the temp gauge starts going up and when i turn the AC off temp again comes back down. BUT the cooling of AC remains chill. Any advise ?. i noticed that the condenser fan is a little loose could that be a problem?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its not a big problem

get your radiator serviced you can see 25 % improvement in temperature gauge

check your radiator bottle is ok & no pressure leak from bottle or cap when engine is hot
    bubbling or decreased water in radiator bottle may indicate pressure leak from cooling system
    about 5-10 % improvement in temperature gauge with securing bottle pressure

if bottle and cap is ok then bubbling in bottle on switching off hot engine + oil water mixture in radiator bottle
    gas kit may have been damaged

hope it helps you

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Friends,,, is there no one who can advise regarding my above mentioned problems I am facing.. I would really appreciate it , plus can a D16 engine fit into a daewoo racer? thanks .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanx @Kamando, i got the radiator serviced it show improvement, when the car was hot i did hear a hissssing sound from water bottle cap, went to Federal Motor they said cap has the function to release pressure when hot its ok.......... is this correct?
    Also any Advise about coolant, they filled it up with normal water. Is coolant really effective? should it be diluted or used pure

One more thing that i noticed today while running the AC on pressing clutch while shifting/braking the RPM dropped to 500 and engine light comes on it only happen 2 or 3 times after that car returns to normal. without ac it doesnot do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamando View Post
    its not a big problem

get your radiator serviced you can see 25 % improvement in temperature gauge

check your radiator bottle is ok & no pressure leak from bottle or cap when engine is hot
    bubbling or decreased water in radiator bottle may indicate pressure leak from cooling system
    about 5-10 % improvement in temperature gauge with securing bottle pressure

if bottle and cap is ok then bubbling in bottle on switching off hot engine + oil water mixture in radiator bottle
    gas kit may have been damaged

hope it helps you

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BadDriver View Post
    Asalam o alaikam everyone. Testdriver I need advise regarding my car's engine, It is making a rattling sound when I try to accelerate , especially in the 2nd and 3rd gear, the second problem is that the engine makes noise but not enough acceleration or pickup, the third thing is that today a mechanic told me that there is a small leak from the engine, Now what would be your advise regarding these problems, should I go for repair or replacement of engine? if replacement then which kind of engine should i look for ? my car is 93 daewoo racer, engine is SOHC 1.5 l . I am a fairly new driver and do not know much regarding cars and their problems. Any help would be really appreciated from you and anyone else too. Thanks
    WAS.

Sorry for the late reply!

Regarding the problems you mentioned, the rattling sound can be engine knock, which shows that timing is too advance. Get it checked. Secondly your statement is quite unclear, what kind of leakage from the engine? Is it oil or water? Is there any crack on the block or just the stoppers are worn out? If the engine block is cracked, which is quite rare in iron block, you can get a kabli engine/block.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zeeshan213 View Post
    Assalam o allaikum test driver (Adnan bhai)....my woo generartor is not working properly....2 years back i replaced its origional wid some toyota model...dont know whch model is this....according to u which generator is suitable instead of origional one.........having some long life and durability.....thanx
    WAS,

The original alternator is rated 55A, and is quite good if everything is installed as per original specifications, like 55/60W headlights, original backlights 12W each bulb, no additional accessory like security system, audio/visual equipment. Sadly none of us has everything as per factory specs, we need atleast 70A alternator. Nissan and Mitsubishi works relatively better than the rest and cost around Rs.3000 kabli, or if one can afford, a brand new alternator of GM having 100A rating is available for Rs.19k!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shazi3 View Post
    hello everyone..
    Welcome to the forum!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kasib View Post
    salam test driver........and all the fans of this forum......i really appreciate your efforts at this forum...i want to disscus some issue

now a days im facing issue of over heating with ac on my daewoo.......2 months back i hav done the following things..

1. replaced the head gas kit
    2. replaced the water body
    3.recently cleaned the radiator...it was chowked actully....it was single nali orignal radiator
    4.with no thermostat valve and direct fan with variable speeds

i dont know why my daewoo is getting heat....it has a problem of eating a little bit of oil....may be it must be the reason..know i am confused of following things

1. radiator should be replaced....single nali is not sufficient...
    2. may be engine is weak and eating oil and it is the reason of heating and get it overhauled
    3. or the daewoo is not good with ac in intercity.....

now i want to know the solution......
    if i had to replace the radiator... what kind it shoud be..and from where i should get installed...or it need some alteration with radiator
    and if i had to over hauled the engine....who is best for it in pindi isb....and from where i shoud bought the parts
    and if daewoo is not good with ac in intercity....i should not use it with ac
    WAS,

First of all you should identify the root cause of radiator blockage? Was there any rust that choked the radiator, or any oil residual? That will help you diagnose the actual problem. If oil is mixing with water, get the head gasket replaced and/or also get the head face checked and hopefully the problem will subside. If there is any rust in the water channel, they need to be flushed until clean. If the engine is needing overhaul, get it done at the earliest, and for that matter, I suggest you take your car to Tahir @ G-8. If radiator is needed to be replaced, get the double naali new radiator.
    Daewoo has no problem with AC provided the engine cooling system is working efficiently as well as engine is healthy. And that's true for other cars too.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Vaqar View Post
    Thanx @Kamando, i got the radiator serviced it show improvement, when the car was hot i did hear a hissssing sound from water bottle cap, went to Federal Motor they said cap has the function to release pressure when hot its ok.......... is this correct?
    Also any Advise about coolant, they filled it up with normal water. Is coolant really effective? should it be diluted or used pure
    One more thing that i noticed today while running the AC on pressing clutch while shifting/braking the RPM dropped to 500 and engine light comes on it only happen 2 or 3 times after that car returns to normal. without ac it doesnot do that.
    Federal Autos have told you right about the bottle function. For radiator, coolant is recommended due to higher boiling point. ZIC coolant is good being prediluted, just pour 4 bottles and the car is good to go.
    Regarding rpm problem, it looks like VSS is faulty or the connector is loose.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    Federal Autos have told you right about the bottle function. For radiator, coolant is recommended due to higher boiling point. ZIC coolant is good being prediluted, just pour 4 bottles and the car is good to go.
    Regarding rpm problem, it looks like VSS is faulty or the connector is loose.
    what abt toyota long life coolant i see rise in temp with that not above four yellow lines of course but with water it used to stay at two yellow lines and must mention that i got thermostat valve installed any comments

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by crystal11 View Post
    what abt toyota long life coolant i see rise in temp with that not above four yellow lines of course but with water it used to stay at two yellow lines and must mention that i got thermostat valve installed any comments
    Interestingly you have answered your own question.......the key point is installation of thermostat valve. I have not tested the toyota coolant so cant say much about it, but with ZIC I have very pleasant experience!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Testdriver for replying . The mechanic told me that oil is leaking and he is said that its a small leak , the mechanic did not specify from which part of engine it is leaking.. i will check tomorrow and tell u . The sound that comes from the engine is difficult to put in words,,, it sounds as if a fan is hitting some metal,, The car is also getting heated up, and when the thermostat needle reaches half way , the car goes to sleep, no matter what i do,, the car will not accelerate beyond 50 kms , I dont know what to do with it, one mechanic says it maybe the wheels are jammed , some say that the engine is weak, some say its the radiator ,car is over heating. I would appreciate your help regarding these issues, as mentioned earlier i am new to driving and cars, just bought the car 2 weeks ago. Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    WAS,

First of all you should identify the root cause of radiator blockage? Was there any rust that choked the radiator, or any oil residual? That will help you diagnose the actual problem. If oil is mixing with water, get the head gasket replaced and/or also get the head face checked and hopefully the problem will subside. If there is any rust in the water channel, they need to be flushed until clean. If the engine is needing overhaul, get it done at the earliest, and for that matter, I suggest you take your car to Tahir @ G-8. If radiator is needed to be replaced, get the double naali new radiator.
    Daewoo has no problem with AC provided the engine cooling system is working efficiently as well as engine is healthy. And that's true for other cars too.

thnaku test driver for your reply........the main reason for radiator blockage was little sand particles and mud which block the nali of radiator......there is no oil residual and rust......but the mechanic name fakeer hussain at g-10 near i n d center
    said me to change the radiator.....but i get cleaned the radiator which he said after wards that its good now.....
    after cleaning i didnt se any rust and blockage in radaitor.....if i had to changed it.....whats the difference in new one and from where i should get the good one.....
    and what about your sugestion about overhauling from fakeer hussain rather than tahir g -8
    thanks in advance....

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List