Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks Dear.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AoA,

Firstly when ever i turn the AC on after a few KM my CAr RPM would go like 500 to 1500 constantly up down, then i would turn the ac off and car would return to normal. after that my compressor ceased but that was due to dirt and blockage. after that no AC for a week.
    \
    Now running without AC suddenly my RPM climbed to 2500 constant and on paterol at 4000. Took it to G-8 tahir and I-9 Khalid both cleaned two censors under the air filter and adjusted the race as this happened more then once. Khalid connected the scanner but it gave no error. Now car runs ok for 4 days with rpm at 800 and no problem what so ever.

After that had the ceased compressor replaced and entire AC system cleaned and changed orifice valve. car runs ok for a few KM after that on press of clutch the RPM drops to 500 car vibrates and shuts down but if i turn the AC off RPM would return to normal. After that when ever i turn the AC on even in standing position the RPM drops to 500.
    So far no one has been able to help me with this problem i have seen khalid I-9, tahir G8, Fedral autos, Mian Khan Rwp.( when ever i go to them they just clean the TPS and one more sensor next to it and adjust the race) car is ok for a few km after that same problem.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vaqar.naveed View Post
    AoA,

Firstly when ever i turn the AC on after a few KM my CAr RPM would go like 500 to 1500 constantly up down, then i would turn the ac off and car would return to normal. after that my compressor ceased but that was due to dirt and blockage. after that no AC for a week.
    \
    Now running without AC suddenly my RPM climbed to 2500 constant and on paterol at 4000. Took it to G-8 tahir and I-9 Khalid both cleaned two censors under the air filter and adjusted the race as this happened more then once. Khalid connected the scanner but it gave no error. Now car runs ok for 4 days with rpm at 800 and no problem what so ever.

After that had the ceased compressor replaced and entire AC system cleaned and changed orifice valve. car runs ok for a few KM after that on press of clutch the RPM drops to 500 car vibrates and shuts down but if i turn the AC off RPM would return to normal. After that when ever i turn the AC on even in standing position the RPM drops to 500.
    So far no one has been able to help me with this problem i have seen khalid I-9, tahir G8, Fedral autos, Mian Khan Rwp.( when ever i go to them they just clean the TPS and one more sensor next to it and adjust the race) car is ok for a few km after that same problem.
    Does the radiator fan start when AC is turned ON? If not, the AC signal switch is probably faulty. It is one of the switch installed at the back of compressor. Secondly, get the battery/alternator voltage checked while AC is turned ON. If the voltage is weak, it can also present same symptoms. There is no sensor problem if the car runs ok without AC.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aslam-O-Alikum all Daewoo family members
    I Want to sale my Daewoo
    Used Daewoo Racer 2001 Car for sale in Wah cantt - 641798 | PakWheels

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ALL i asked this earlier but didnt get detailed reply. I have daewoo in a very good condition with stock engine. I asked about a/t tranmission with DOHC engine and some1 replied it's 3 speed a/t... now that seems a little pathetic as good powerful engine mated to only a 3 speed a/t transmission? But i need to know how is it? How's the performance and is it reliable? I have no issue with my current manual transmission but my wife drives it and i need a car with a/t gears. First i decided to sell it and buy indus shape corolla, only 1.6 GLi a/t but then i thought why not convert my daewoo to a/t gears? Also one more thing, can the stock engine of daewoo (1.5 SOHC) be converted to a/t transmission? Guys pls do reply in detail especially those who are Daewoo's experts and who drive an a/t daewoo...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nakheb View Post
    @ALL i asked this earlier but didnt get detailed reply. I have daewoo in a very good condition with stock engine. I asked about a/t tranmission with DOHC engine and some1 replied it's 3 speed a/t... now that seems a little pathetic as good powerful engine mated to only a 3 speed a/t transmission? But i need to know how is it? How's the performance and is it reliable? I have no issue with my current manual transmission but my wife drives it and i need a car with a/t gears. First i decided to sell it and buy indus shape corolla, only 1.6 GLi a/t but then i thought why not convert my daewoo to a/t gears? Also one more thing, can the stock engine of daewoo (1.5 SOHC) be converted to a/t transmission? Guys pls do reply in detail especially those who are Daewoo's experts and who drive an a/t daewoo...
    You can ask Mr. Khalid (Friends Autos 03225111110) I-9/3, Islamabad. He has Daewoo cielo with a/t transmission and he is using this car for personal use.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam every body
    as already told by me..my car had a heating issue...and i ve changed the spark plugs and spark plug wires. and even the ignition module...got cleaned the radiator aswell....long story short...the relay attached to ignition switch was burnt...so i was replaced with the same relay but lately i noticed that the ignition switch wiring was really hot when i accidently touched the relay as the relay it self was pretty hot and i followed the main hot wire leading to the ignition switch and its grip...and i ve noticed it gets hot esp when i turn on the A.C..and i meant its really really hot...and that relay is also supplying to my cars security system...is it normal for it to be so hot coz i checked an other daewoo ignition switch wiring which had not relay installed and it was pretty normal where as mine ignition switch wiring was pretty hot..and also i got to touch wiring of relays installed under the hood near battery for horn and A.C and one or two wirings were hot....pretty hot...i still gotta talk to my electrician about it ...but just wanted to ask anyone here if thats normal..and i forgot to mention that the points where two wires r attached were esp the culprit...
    any advice or view....coz when the relay gets hot and i switch off my car and restart it then it does hesitate a bit and starts in a weird way and also the horn works when i initially start the car but when it gets hot it stops working...help plz....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guybwp View Post
    salam every body
    as already told by me..my car had a heating issue...and i ve changed the spark plugs and spark plug wires. and even the ignition module...got cleaned the radiator aswell....long story short...the relay attached to ignition switch was burnt...so i was replaced with the same relay but lately i noticed that the ignition switch wiring was really hot when i accidently touched the relay as the relay it self was pretty hot and i followed the main hot wire leading to the ignition switch and its grip...and i ve noticed it gets hot esp when i turn on the A.C..and i meant its really really hot...and that relay is also supplying to my cars security system...is it normal for it to be so hot coz i checked an other daewoo ignition switch wiring which had not relay installed and it was pretty normal where as mine ignition switch wiring was pretty hot..and also i got to touch wiring of relays installed under the hood near battery for horn and A.C and one or two wirings were hot....pretty hot...i still gotta talk to my electrician about it ...but just wanted to ask anyone here if thats normal..and i forgot to mention that the points where two wires r attached were esp the culprit...
    any advice or view....coz when the relay gets hot and i switch off my car and restart it then it does hesitate a bit and starts in a weird way and also the horn works when i initially start the car but when it gets hot it stops working...help plz....
    Sorry for the late reply.

The ignition switch has separate point for the radiator fan when it is at ON position. Just install a relay (at-least 30A) at that point to minimize the load on the switch.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    Sorry for the late reply.

The ignition switch has separate point for the radiator fan when it is at ON position. Just install a relay (at-least 30A) at that point to minimize the load on the switch.
    Where is this relay for radiator fan installed?...coz there is already a relay installed under the hood near radiator fan to increase its fan speed...is this different relay and has to be installed under the dashboard near ignition switch..asking coz im going to electrician and wana ve some knowledge my self...coz some times the electrician dont know what they r doing and dont get the point.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam test driver
    i recently installed stap 56 in my car....i got its manual as well with me. in the manual just one micro switch is set in on position.no3. where as in an early post u said no.1 and 3 r set in on position and no.2 and 4 in off and also there are 5 mircoswitches instead of just 4. but the stap i installed in excatly the same u posted in that thread of urs...n in the manual it was also written that if u wana advance more then u can switch on more then 1 microswitches so i switched on no.1 aswell as per ur instruction. but what about microswitch 5?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Where is this relay for radiator fan installed?...coz there is already a relay installed under the hood near radiator fan to increase its fan speed...is this different relay and has to be installed under the dashboard near ignition switch..asking coz im going to electrician and wana ve some knowledge my self...coz some times the electrician dont know what they r doing and dont get the point.
    This relay has to be installed near fuse box. If it is installed on the fan side, the fan will not work in dual speed mode!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam test driver
    i recently installed stap 56 in my car....i got its manual as well with me. in the manual just one micro switch is set in on position.no3. where as in an early post u said no.1 and 3 r set in on position and no.2 and 4 in off and also there are 5 mircoswitches instead of just 4. but the stap i installed in excatly the same u posted in that thread of urs...n in the manual it was also written that if u wana advance more then u can switch on more then 1 microswitches so i switched on no.1 aswell as per ur instruction. but what about microswitch 5?
    The 5th switch is probably for cng/lpg selection mode

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

recently ALLAH subhana hu talla, showered his blessing on karachities. we enjoyed in begining and later it was painfull. my ride gaveup and did not start with every possible try. it was little cold but not as we see in winters.

when weather is clear, and sun shines with his full heat in noon i tried to start the car and it starts in first sulf.

what is the problem,
    plugs
    engine oil
    settings (Petrol/CNG)
    any other

please guide me becuase i am willing to avoid it in winters.
    MONEY IS YOURS BUT RESOURCES BELONG TO THE
    SOCIETY

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by welcome786 View Post
    recently ALLAH subhana hu talla, showered his blessing on karachities. we enjoyed in begining and later it was painfull. my ride gaveup and did not start with every possible try. it was little cold but not as we see in winters.

when weather is clear, and sun shines with his full heat in noon i tried to start the car and it starts in first sulf.

what is the problem,
    plugs
    engine oil
    settings (Petrol/CNG)
    any other

please guide me becuase i am willing to avoid it in winters.
    It seems like current leakage problem from either of the 1: Main Coil, 2: Distributor, 3: Plug wires, that worsens with the damp weather. To check the problem whenever it happens, do the following to identify the problem:
    Remove the main wire from main coil leading to the distributor and try starting your car. You should see visible sparks coming out of the main coil. If there is no spark, probably the module/pickup coil inside the distributor is faulty. If you see sparks from main coil, then the problem is either with the plug wires or the router inside the distributor.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

asalam u alikum!
    bro thank you for all your previous advices. now the bottle like thing which is fitted beside front passenger side tyre caught on pic but still dont know what is it and how it works can you please elaborate.
    one thing more i found out near ignition coil which was not pluged in anywhere so i took it out and want to know what it is and where it fits?
    i know nothing about these two things more coming soon. thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images   

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aoa with ac on battery drains other then that it remains normal comments and suggestions? generator showing normal charging but with ac at lower spds the battery starts draining

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi All,

First of all, amazing post regarding Daewoo racer/cielo, great work guys.

This post is rather long, and great details are available. I have been reading for a while but still couldn?t finish the post. So I decided to create my user and post my story and my problems here.

I have been the owner of Daewoo Racer 93 (officers scheme) since 2003. It?s a great luxury car. It has a nice feel of power and a luxurious ride. I was really happy with this car, but it has started giving me problems for 2-3 years now. Currently I am doing a job in Lahore and the car is back home in Rawalpindi.

I try my best to replace the parts that the mechanics say can be repaired. I have put in LOTs of money, and never been shy of investing money to keep up the car, but now I guess its beyond that point.
    There have been times when I was really sick of it and really wanted to sell off this car. I stopped using the car and instead used my motorbike (yes that was the level of hopelessness I felt with this car).

After considering the value for money, and calculating of selling this off and buying the new one, I must say there is no car as luxurious as this, IF and only IF the Daewoo works.

Sorry for the long and unorganized post, but I have to let it out ..!

The problem Im facing is that it just stops working randomly (after a couple of months? time) and has become totally unreliable for my mother. I have overhauled the engine, replaced the complete wiring with new genuine available, did almost everything the mechanic and electrician asked of me, but still after a while it will just give you DHOKA. For past 6-7months it has not given me any ?dhoka? so I have decided to invest money into it and bring it back to shape.

Before I spend money on bodywork, paint and interior job, I want to be satisfied that the car is in perfect shape mechanically and electrically.

I used to get the work done from Federal Autos in I-8 Islamabad, then Federal Autos Saddar Rawalpindi (now closed) and now I get my work done from Gulrez by Irfan (Mechanic) and Sajid (Electrician). They seem to know their work well enough, but somehow have not been able to meet my expectation. The car AC now does not work for more than 1 month. Either the new pipes get leaked, or the condenser leaks, or there is overheating or something like that. There is also an issue with battery, as it drains a lot. The battery guy says the battery is good, but if I don?t start the car for more than 2 days then I have to jump start it.

The current mechanical problems I am facing are as follows:
    - While driving a squeaking sound starts (chee chee chee chee) and if I turn the car to right, it stops, and starts back when the car is moving straight. Brake noise is there as well when I apply brakes. I have gotten the brakes serviced and pads as well.
    - There is a vibration in the car when I am slowly applying the brake from speed of 80 Km/h. I have gotten the wheels aligned and the rims seem to be okay as well.
    - The car vibrates at a certain point when accelerating. I have gotten the silencer and foundation checked. Issue is still there.
    - The race idle increases a lot after a time. When you go to the mechanic, they service that race control module and put it back in adjust the race. It works ok for a little while, but starts to increase again. The mechanic has done a desi TODKA for now, which is putting a piece of cloth in the air intake.
    - Where can I get good shocks?
    - Is there any place that I can get my car checked for the body condition. I mean if there is a place where I can get the body alignment checked. Any sort of jigs that can say that the body is aligned perfectly horizontally and vertically.
    Cant remember any other problems yet, but I have a few other questions:
    - I really want the engine to be smooth and vibration free. Should I consult some specialist? Also is it a good idea to COMPLETELY replace the engine with some other engine, lets say a Toyota?
    - Is there any better option for brakes? Having some upgraded discs? or something like that.
    - Is there any way to sound proof the interior? And is there some specialist who could diagnose and remove ALL interior sounds?
    - Are there any belt motor upgrades? My belt does not retract on its own.
    I cant remember anything else, but Ill sure post it when I remember it.
    I really want to upgrade my car and make it luxurious enough to compete with other cars of its class (luxury and ride wise). Please help me here with links or posts if someone has done it.
    Should I be changing the mechanic/electrician? But I really don?t want to be ripped off.
    Sorry to make you guys read this long post. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Goto Munsaf Mechanic on Adyala road near Khwaja corporation chowk RWP. His workshop is located at the back of Maani cng.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@overspeed111

WAS. Thanks!

The item shown at first picture is an unknown 'jugaar' of some kind. The second picture is of radiator fan dual speed resistance.

@crystal11

WAS.

It is somewhat normal in daewoo cars that the rpm needs to be minimum 1K to provide optimum voltage during heavy loads.

@blackhawwk

Welcome to the forum. Consult the suggested mechanic by @nakheb. If not satisfied, I suggest that you take your car to Tahir(G-8) for complete inspection. He also got parts with him.

Regarding you queries:

1. Battery drain is dependent on many issues like current leakage, faulty battery, faulty alternator, faulty security system, loose alternator belt etc. You can test the battery by removing the terminals and check after overnight.

2. There is no effective alternate readily available for brakes. It is suggested that the brake should be services every 6 months. Also use softer pads. I have better experience with 'Hi-Tec' ones, though little costly (around Rs.300).

3. Vibration during braking is due to de-shaped brake rotors. The deshaping can occur if harder brake pads are used or heated brakes rotors pass through wet road.

4. Vibration during acceleration can be due to broken/hardened engine foundations. Get them checked.

5. If CEL is displayed during the increase in rpm, there is some problem in some sensors. If the CEL is not displayed, it could be some loose connection or wiring issue. Get it checked by electrician. If you want to get the ECM scanned for any problem, you can contact Khalid @ I-9.

6. I have seen few Daewoo with Toyota and Nissan engines and they are just fine. Yes, the original engine can be as smooth as any other engine if problems are diagnosed correctly. Also use good quality engine oil, and get the hydraulic lifter serviced (soaking in petrol, no hard material should be rubbed on their surface except soft brush)

7. The belt motors may be shown to some repair guy for servicing.

8. For soundproofing, take your car to some poshish maker for insulating the doors and other interior parts. If you are experiencing any rattle, contact an expert dentor.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@nakheb
    Thanks, I will check him out.

@testdriver

Thank you for you detailed response. Brakes, battery and vibration are my immediate concern and will get them checked whenever Im back in pindi.
    Could you kindly post a link to the latest contacts for daewoo mechanics and electricians? Or are the links in your first post updated ones? Also if you could direct me to an expert poshish wala for interior setting and noise check.
    Could you tell me where to get the right shocks and springs from?
    Is there any engine sound proofing for the racer engine? Any additional sound box that can be fitted?
    I will inquire about denting/painting, automatic transmission and some other mods later, but first I need some satisfaction from the current settings.
    Thanks a LOT.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List