Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guybwp View Post
    salam test driver
    there is no cel which appears on my meter...yesterday again while driving the car needle reached the top of white mark..and then suddenly when i pressed the clutch the engine stalled on CNG...and i started it ,pressed the clutch and it shut down,...so i went to electrician again..he checked distributor all plug wires..current was coming every where but then car would start on petrol as well....(like to mention here that car didnt shut down on petrol just vibrated but on cng it would shut down on pressing clutch)....the electrician checked and thought that router was the problem but then he accidentally checked the grip of ignition coil and car started again...he did some cng adjusment..ran the car with me which ran ok at the time....he tightened the grip of the coil...

today again the car had jerks more pronounced on CNG....i asked the electrician about the VSS sensor and he said if the connection was wrong the car would stall and wont start...just wanted to clearify that....could there be a short circuit of some kind some where from the fuse box to ignition coil grip or could only the grip be the only culprit..as i read on net intermittent electric current can also cause this...? kindly reply
    WAS,

If tightening the grip made your car work fine, then it is either the main coil grip or the distributor grips that are loose. There is also a possibility of loose earth wire coming towards the CNG conversion switch that cause the engine to stall. To be on safe side, get all the contact points (grips + earth) checked for any problems.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fslrao View Post
    Dear test driver AoA you mentioned about converting to petrol and quite satisfied can you please share the pluses and exact mileage.
    Dear fslrao,

Sorry I missed your post!

I am getting 12km/l in local and 15km/l on long.
    Pluses:
    1. No hassle of long queues
    2. Engine get the fuel it is made for causing it run healthier.
    3. Better engine response.

Minuses:
    1. Petrol bomb every month
    2. Higher running cost obviously.
    3. Sensors health need to be regularly monitored.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@testdriver

Sir any idea about location of vacuum connection of MAP sensor in MPFI OHC. Currently I am getting it from one of the active vacuum ports which are location in the centre as a group of three. There is another port which is located just in the begining of vacuum pipe of brake servo (currently it is allocated to vent control system).

Regards
    //.....Don't bully Korean cars.......//

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by azkhan View Post
    @testdriver

Sir any idea about location of vacuum connection of MAP sensor in MPFI OHC. Currently I am getting it from one of the active vacuum ports which are location in the centre as a group of three. There is another port which is located just in the begining of vacuum pipe of brake servo (currently it is allocated to vent control system).

Regards
    Out the group of three active ports, two are small and one is bigger. Just use the bigger one. The other two, if not used, should be closed.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@testdriver

Thanks for the reply. Sir I checked that port but vacuum at this port is very low on idle as compared to others
    //.....Don't bully Korean cars.......//

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Peace be with you all!!! I'm from philippines and long-time owner of a '95 daewoo racer. It is my first car and bought a newer 2009 toyota car. I had no regret having a daewoo aside from its non-availability of parts here in our country. I think daewoo producer whoever they are just became irresponsible in their aftersales concerns. When you see daewoo sedans running on highways here in the philippines, you'll feel some pity for them as parts are just remedied to keep the cars going. Examples are unclear headlights, broken turnlights, side-mirrors cut from ordinary mirrors and many more. All we can do is to salvage parts from earlier daewoo car-retirees.
    Fortunate i found this forum and gratitude given to testdriver and others!!!
    I'm not having problems with my woo at the moment but noticed two hoses disconnected below the return fuel line of the TBI. Where are these hoses connected???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dear test driver........
    what is the purpose of this resistance in daewoo.........it is realated to fan only or some other electric component of daewoo....
    its get really hot in my daewoo....and it was actually broken ....so my fan speed was reduced....so i remove the resistance and join the wires directly.....the fan speed was increased...

now i want to know what its purpose.....i should replaced it quickly or its fine.....or it has any effect of my car wiring.
    and i want to know how the speed or fan is controlled in daewoo...and how would i know that my fan is functioning properly......

Daewoo fan club - 1242214d1375994670 daewoo fan club img00005

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@testdriver
    sir after a car wash parking lights are not working i checked every fuse,wiring and yes relay getting heat so i removed it and checked it with headlight relay it was alright but still could not found any clue. please refer me a good daewoo electrician as i dont want to take it to a non daewoo electrician(bad experience) in islamabad and yes wires are end to end i.e not cut frm anywhere.

sir also there is a problem in shutter of heater/ac as it does not work and remain open all the time. i tried to figure it out but that is too complicated i.e from vaccum system it work and air direction controls are also controlled by vacuum(many pipes going in heater/ac compartment beneath dashboard. can you please explain me how this thing works a picture/diagram would be really helpful thank you

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by greetjames View Post
    Peace be with you all!!! I'm from philippines and long-time owner of a '95 daewoo racer. It is my first car and bought a newer 2009 toyota car. I had no regret having a daewoo aside from its non-availability of parts here in our country. I think daewoo producer whoever they are just became irresponsible in their aftersales concerns. When you see daewoo sedans running on highways here in the philippines, you'll feel some pity for them as parts are just remedied to keep the cars going. Examples are unclear headlights, broken turnlights, side-mirrors cut from ordinary mirrors and many more. All we can do is to salvage parts from earlier daewoo car-retirees.
    Fortunate i found this forum and gratitude given to testdriver and others!!!
    I'm not having problems with my woo at the moment but noticed two hoses disconnected below the return fuel line of the TBI. Where are these hoses connected???
    Welcome to the forum! Thanks for liking the forum.

Daewoo parts are available in major cities here, but finding good parts is tough. New parts are also available but quality isn't great.

Regarding the hoses, I guess those are coming from heater core inside the cabin. These are connected to the coolant lines. If you have any snap of engine bay, just post here, so that a "guess" can be confirmed.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kasib View Post
    dear test driver........
    what is the purpose of this resistance in daewoo.........it is realated to fan only or some other electric component of daewoo....
    its get really hot in my daewoo....and it was actually broken ....so my fan speed was reduced....so i remove the resistance and join the wires directly.....the fan speed was increased...

now i want to know what its purpose.....i should replaced it quickly or its fine.....or it has any effect of my car wiring.
    and i want to know how the speed or fan is controlled in daewoo...and how would i know that my fan is functioning properly......

Daewoo fan club - 1242214d1375994670 daewoo fan club img00005
    This pair of resistance is meant to run the radiator in slow speed, and heats up during usage. In routine, the ECM activates the fan speed in slow mode. If the engine temperature is still high for about 2 minutes, it activates the full speed mode. All this activity is controlled via a pair of relay. When AC is turned on, the fan will always run at full speed. Get them checked and replace if necessary.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by overspeed111 View Post
    @testdriver
    sir after a car wash parking lights are not working i checked every fuse,wiring and yes relay getting heat so i removed it and checked it with headlight relay it was alright but still could not found any clue. please refer me a good daewoo electrician as i dont want to take it to a non daewoo electrician(bad experience) in islamabad and yes wires are end to end i.e not cut frm anywhere.

sir also there is a problem in shutter of heater/ac as it does not work and remain open all the time. i tried to figure it out but that is too complicated i.e from vaccum system it work and air direction controls are also controlled by vacuum(many pipes going in heater/ac compartment beneath dashboard. can you please explain me how this thing works a picture/diagram would be really helpful thank you
    I suggest you take it to Tahir's electrician at G-8.
    Secondly, the heater shutter is controlled via a cable. It is attached to the temperature knob in the AC panel. If it is not working, either the cable is disconnected or broken. This issue can also be checked and resolved by the above suggested electrician.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    I suggest you take it to Tahir's electrician at G-8.
    Secondly, the heater shutter is controlled via a cable. It is attached to the temperature knob in the AC panel. If it is not working, either the cable is disconnected or broken. This issue can also be checked and resolved by the above suggested electrician.
    sir heater shutter open/close by cable and that is ok i fixed it. the shutter im talking about is located near heater/ac air blower and is used to control air from inside or air from outside, most of the cars have this option, but this shutter is vacuum controlled, air controller knob also works on vacuum system which controls air on face/feet/windscreen. that is the thing im talking about
    there is a small button near ac button on the dashboard used to control it, it lights up when i press it but does not perform its function.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by overspeed111 View Post
    sir heater shutter open/close by cable and that is ok i fixed it. the shutter im talking about is located near heater/ac air blower and is used to control air from inside or air from outside, most of the cars have this option, but this shutter is vacuum controlled, air controller knob also works on vacuum system which controls air on face/feet/windscreen. that is the thing im talking about
    there is a small button near ac button on the dashboard used to control it, it lights up when i press it but does not perform its function.
    So you were pointing towards the fresh air shutter/flap. You are right that it is controlled through a vacuum actuator, but I have observed that somehow majority of the actuator's diaphragms in Daewoo cars are damaged due to age factor, and these are not available. You can get it temporarily closed by inserting a 3 inch bolt underneath the flap while pulling it all the way up to its closing point. This will at-least block fresh air, improving the heating and cooling within the cabin. These days I am also trying to figure out a permissible solution to this very issue, until then the flap is temporarily blocked.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes sir the same thing, its too much complicated, if i get to know how this thing works i can fix this thing myself, this is because the sad part of this car is that even mechanics don't understand these things.
    this is a temporary fix we need to solve this issue, if i get to understand design and functioning of this thing i can fix it, still im configuring it but yet no luck, in my case pump does not function, the other main drawback in this is that i have to open up several things to get to the main culprit and fixing it back is a great job again. sir if you get any more info about it do let me know or if i fixed this thing earlier i will. thank you

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    it's not important that you have a ride, important is how you drive it...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Thanks for liking the forum.

Daewoo parts are available in major cities here, but finding good parts is tough. New parts are also available but quality isn't great.

Regarding the hoses, I guess those are coming from heater core inside the cabin. These are connected to the coolant lines. If you have any snap of engine bay, just post here, so that a "guess" can be confirmed.
    Here's a pic...Where should they go???
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by greetjames View Post
    Here's a pic...Where should they go???
    These are vacuum ports and are usually unused. Just make sure both of these are closed, better put a U-pipe on both of these.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@testdriver, tnx to you. I've tried connecting them with some ports i found but ended still in their disconnection beacuse at some point i had difficulty in ignition.. Nice idea you've given me in connecting these with a U-pipe.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Daewoo fan club -1273347Daewoo fan club -1273349Daewoo fan club -1273350Daewoo fan club -1273351Daewoo fan club -1273352

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hi test driver
    i m new on pakwheels and i dont know anything about this car i have this car daewoo racer 93 from past 1 year i want you to please suggest me a mechanic in karachi who can make my car in geniun condition

thanks

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List