Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You may contact bilal @ plaza 0321-9254709 or irshad @ baloch colony 0300-9206481

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear experts, salute you all. I whould like to know which aftermarket intake is best for woo 93 stock engine sohc. And some guidance of installation. Diagrams wil be appreciated.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Test driver,

I need ur guidance in following:

- What is the function of Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (MAP Sensor)?
    - MAP Sensor was stolen / lost from car and i bought kabuli one in 1k, when i installed it light has gone but car is not running on petrol but when i remove map sensor it runs fine on petrol..what's the reason?
    - Smell of petrol is coming inside car whereas, no leakage of petrol.
    - Is it necessary to install cng springs or keep it on original setting?

Thank you.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa,

sorry bothering u all.
    best & resonable mechanic in karachi for woo is Aslam near Sindbad playland, Neepa chowrangi,KHI.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syednaveedzafar View Post
    Dear experts, salute you all. I whould like to know which aftermarket intake is best for woo 93 stock engine sohc. And some guidance of installation. Diagrams wil be appreciated.
    I have never installed any aftermarket intake as I don't see any long term benefits in it. I think you have to make a custom adapter to fit on the throttle body to make it compatible with any aftermarket universal intake kits. For instance, look at the custom adapter made in the attached snap (Its for idea, ignore the turbo part).
    Daewoo fan club -1280158
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tariqsabih View Post
    Dear Test driver,

I need ur guidance in following:

- What is the function of Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (MAP Sensor)?
    - MAP Sensor was stolen / lost from car and i bought kabuli one in 1k, when i installed it light has gone but car is not running on petrol but when i remove map sensor it runs fine on petrol..what's the reason?
    - Smell of petrol is coming inside car whereas, no leakage of petrol.
    - Is it necessary to install cng springs or keep it on original setting?

Thank you.
    1. The function of MAP sensor is monitoring the vacuum level in the intake manifold and adjust the fueling accordingly. It is one of the key sensor to send signals to ECM for controlling the fuel. If MAP sensor is removed and installed back, it is necessary to reset the ECM so that the fuel maps are re-calibrated according to the new sensor.

2. Do a ECM reset by removing the negative battery terminal and put it back after 15 seconds.

3. Get all the fuel pipes and joints checked for any problem. Also do get all the rubber gaskets checked; under the fuel pump housing and fuel gauge underneath.

4. Don't go for CNG springs as your ride quality will be compromised. Instead, install hard rubber spacers if you are uncomfortable with the vehicle height.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you bro! When i had installed the MAP sensor i reset the ECM as per procedure given in no. 2 however, i think there's a problem in MAP sensor as when i remove it car is smoothly running on petrol with CEL on but after installing it CEL disappear but engine not running on petrol whereas, petrol is coming in engine with full pressure..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by persiano80 View Post
    Aoa,

sorry bothering u all.
    best & resonable mechanic in karachi for woo is Aslam near Sindbad playland, Neepa chowrangi,KHI.

agree with u, i find him better than irshad and bilal
    See the dark side

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pls. share his contact number also..Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

asalam-o-alikum...
    i ve reached my home safe and sound thx to my daweoo...but recently i have been unable to isolate one problem in my car......my car used to jerk a bit and would also heat up abit...so i changed the vss sensor...newly bought but it wasnt working so i changed it with another kabli one...the ECM doesnt show any CEL light on...it was all trial and error thing...the car still jerks which now i think may be cause of the wheel anlignement or balancing thing...but the odd thing is the car run fine when it ist starts but as i run it for few miles more the engine gets heavy...recently car has shown electrical problems a lot... the generator oil got burnt so i changed it,..during its reinstalling the wire from batery got burnt...then after getting the brakes serviced..last night out of no where the brake light on instrumental pannel suddenly went off....my guess is that the cars wiring is causing all these problems...and its been altered many times...should i change it?...coz recently i observed black soot in the exhaust pipe..so i got the co setting adjusted the car ran fine and the soot went away but again one day i observed it so i went to electrician and the soot was gone ...now again today i observed it...my guess is due to faulty wiring the sensors r behaving erratically? the wires when i ist start the car dilver current fine but later may be they heat up and start weird? or should i inspect the ECM may be its faulty and sending wrong signals...coz when i switch on the ignition the car shows the code 12 blinking twice but when i suddenly click on the ignition it doesnt show any lite....
    the purpose of writing all this is to ask if my hypothesis may b correct and if any of u think the wiring is a real culprit...i tried to check the whole wiring but the amount electrician is asking equals the used wiring i will get from ahmed autos here in lahore...so what shall i do...beside i dont think any electrician here will be able to isolate the problem here in lahore as no scanner here in lahore..and the guy who has the scanner is an ........thx..kindly waiting for reply

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guybwp View Post
    asalam-o-alikum...
    i ve reached my home safe and sound thx to my daweoo...but recently i have been unable to isolate one problem in my car......my car used to jerk a bit and would also heat up abit...so i changed the vss sensor...newly bought but it wasnt working so i changed it with another kabli one...the ECM doesnt show any CEL light on...it was all trial and error thing...the car still jerks which now i think may be cause of the wheel anlignement or balancing thing...but the odd thing is the car run fine when it ist starts but as i run it for few miles more the engine gets heavy...recently car has shown electrical problems a lot... the generator oil got burnt so i changed it,..during its reinstalling the wire from batery got burnt...then after getting the brakes serviced..last night out of no where the brake light on instrumental pannel suddenly went off....my guess is that the cars wiring is causing all these problems...and its been altered many times...should i change it?...coz recently i observed black soot in the exhaust pipe..so i got the co setting adjusted the car ran fine and the soot went away but again one day i observed it so i went to electrician and the soot was gone ...now again today i observed it...my guess is due to faulty wiring the sensors r behaving erratically? the wires when i ist start the car dilver current fine but later may be they heat up and start weird? or should i inspect the ECM may be its faulty and sending wrong signals...coz when i switch on the ignition the car shows the code 12 blinking twice but when i suddenly click on the ignition it doesnt show any lite....
    the purpose of writing all this is to ask if my hypothesis may b correct and if any of u think the wiring is a real culprit...i tried to check the whole wiring but the amount electrician is asking equals the used wiring i will get from ahmed autos here in lahore...so what shall i do...beside i dont think any electrician here will be able to isolate the problem here in lahore as no scanner here in lahore..and the guy who has the scanner is an ........thx..kindly waiting for reply
    WAS,

By your statement it looks like current leakage in the wiring. First of all get a load test of your generator by battery shop with and without load. If it shows good charging, then further proceed to the ignition switch part, as it might have problematic contacts that worsens upon heating (you can feel by the hotness of key after some time of usage). If it still doesn't resolve the issue, get complete wiring replaced. I recommend that before changing the wiring, at-least get the ECM scanned for general parameters read out and error codes. BTW the battery wire burning during alternator installation can be due to mis-handling too!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    WAS,

By your statement it looks like current leakage in the wiring. First of all get a load test of your generator by battery shop with and without load. If it shows good charging, then further proceed to the ignition switch part, as it might have problematic contacts that worsens upon heating (you can feel by the hotness of key after some time of usage). If it still doesn't resolve the issue, get complete wiring replaced. I recommend that before changing the wiring, at-least get the ECM scanned for general parameters read out and error codes. BTW the battery wire burning during alternator installation can be due to mis-handling too!
    thx for the quick reply...the charging is all accurate....few months back the central door locking relay which is attached to the ignition switch started heating up a lot so i got it replaced but still it would heat up but now it doesnt any more..i will try to get the ecm scanned hopefully...thx

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

one more thing which i forgot to mention here is that the car starts normal when cold on ist sulf on cng....but after it is driven a while when i restart it ,it does restart but with sputter...and few months back when the switch was opened a part of it was burnt but as it was still working...my mechanic said dont change it...

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@test Driver,

Can you please provide the latest Daewoo Racer to Daewoo Cielo conversion rates / expenses?
    And also the best Mechanic in Islamabad/Rawalpindi who is providing the similar service!

I am looking to upgrade my car!

Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by reihaan View Post
    @test Driver,

Can you please provide the latest Daewoo Racer to Daewoo Cielo conversion rates / expenses?
    And also the best Mechanic in Islamabad/Rawalpindi who is providing the similar service!

I am looking to upgrade my car!

Thanks
    AoA,

It's been a while I haven't visited any kabari shop, so no idea about current prices. You can contact Tahir @ G-8 (0333-5613924) for an overall estimate of the conversion.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys please help me out! I need parts for my daewoo car.
    It was hit by a truck few days ago
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bod...ed#post4104055

Thanks
    a programmer, webmaster, electronics enthusiast, traveller, adventurer, gizmo's freak by hobby & an electrical engineer by profession tauxeef.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tauxeef View Post
    Guys please help me out! I need parts for my daewoo car.
    It was hit by a truck few days ago
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bod...ed#post4104055

Thanks
    Visit mitho khan ka ahata in saddar pindi and suhail autos in azhar shaheed market. If u dont want to get into fuss, go to daewoo complex (sagheer/moon), they will arrange things for u

Sent from Pluto using Russian Space Station's dial up
    1962 Vespa (Project) - 1978 Vespa (Project)- 1995 Daewoo Racer (Project) - 2006 Toyota Yaris - 2003 Suzuki Cultus

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sahhil_22 View Post
    Visit mitho khan ka ahata in saddar pindi and suhail autos in azhar shaheed market. If u dont want to get into fuss, go to daewoo complex (sagheer/moon), they will arrange things for u

I have tried was unable to find clean pieces
    a programmer, webmaster, electronics enthusiast, traveller, adventurer, gizmo's freak by hobby & an electrical engineer by profession tauxeef.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tauxeef View Post
    I have tried was unable to find clean pieces
    Like i said, go to sagheer and moon

1962 Vespa (Project) - 1978 Vespa (Project)- 1995 Daewoo Racer (Project) - 2006 Toyota Yaris - 2003 Suzuki Cultus

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sahhil_22 View Post
    Like i said, go to sagheer and moon

ok sure bro

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List