Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Adnan bhai
    Thanks a lot for the help and after discussing it wid u i got to know that the main problem in my car was the Fuel Injector as now i have changed my fuel injector and there is also some difference in the drive too as wid the old fuel injector even on low peddal the pick of the car was wayy too good and now the car is acting nicely and pick is also normal so hopefully i will get better mileage as now i can know coz CNG is shutdown for like 2 months or soo and i m way happy even if i get 12/liter really thanx a lot u r such a nice person to ask for help regarding Daewoo issues.
    JazakALLAH
    Regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can u also tell me one thing wat is the exact BHP of a daewoo stock engine ??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hissan87 View Post
    Aoa, Test driver i hope you are doing good. well, i read most of your post here at this thread and your knowledge is awesome about daewoo racer. I am from Lahore and i got a very hectic and big issue its regarding the petrol consumption of my car. i bought it 6 months ago and already had done a complete engine overhauled. my car's petrol consumption is even less then 6km/liter which is irritating me so much that i hope u can imagine. I tried alot of good mechanics of daewoo, one of them suggest me to change all plugs cables and i did that, and other suggest me to change Map Sensor i changed that as well but all goes in vein nothing improvement has been made. every time they play with setting and the RPM distributor.... etc. Mostly i have to drive the car on petrol. please suggest me some solution or mechanic in lahore so that i come out of this issue and save my fuel expenses

Regards,

Hissan
    WAS,

In-fact 6Km/L is very bad mileage for 1.5L engine. Your car will be emitting a lot of black smoke that you can confirm from the tail pipe. Does it show CEL (Check Engine Light)? If yes, you can yourself check for error codes by following the guide mentioned in the top post. Secondly, is the radiator fan running automatic or it is made direct? You already have changed the MAP sensor, did you check the attached vacuum pipe as well as the vacuum port for any problem? Did mechanic check the reading of CO? (should be ~2.8v for CNG converted as air passage is partially blocked). I am asking because the key sensors for controlling fueling function are MAP and Coolant sensor (CTS), while CO potentiometer is for fine tuning. Lastly, check whether the radiator fan can run automatically or not; to confirm whether CTS is working or not. If none of the mentioned things are faulty, change the injector as it might be leaky.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muhammadasimzahoor View Post
    can u also tell me one thing wat is the exact BHP of a daewoo stock engine ??
    As per manual it is 89 PS and 12.9 kg.m torque.

Daewoo fan club -1318025
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sir after a general overhaul idle rpm is getting very high on petrol like 3k but fine on cng like 1.5k, i adjusted throttle cable screw and left no space for adjustment as earlier was 4-5k on petrol and 3k on cng, i wanted to know how i can adjust it?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by overspeed111 View Post
    sir after a general overhaul idle rpm is getting very high on petrol like 3k but fine on cng like 1.5k, i adjusted throttle cable screw and left no space for adjustment as earlier was 4-5k on petrol and 3k on cng, i wanted to know how i can adjust it?
    AoA,

The issue seems to be with IAC valve, it is stuck open or the wiring grip is not attached. Better get it checked.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@testdriver

Hi bro,

Any thoughts about my earlier post, couple of pages back, about the ALDL connector and a OBD scanner. Will it work? As i have not tested it with any other daewoo other than mine, so im not sure if something is wrong with the waire. OBD scanner works as i have tested it with a 2002 model civic.

Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    AoA,

The issue seems to be with IAC valve, it is stuck open or the wiring grip is not attached. Better get it checked.
    thank you sir will get it checked in the meanwhile ill check wiring, i think it does need throttle body cleaning can these carb cleaner sprays used for this purpose without any harm to sensors. i was thinking about auto choke might be the reason as its running on direct fan and without T.stat valve, i have to take it to mec anyways to make fan auto and installation of t.sat valve and oil change.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawwk View Post
    @testdriver

Hi bro,

Any thoughts about my earlier post, couple of pages back, about the ALDL connector and a OBD scanner. Will it work? As i have not tested it with any other daewoo other than mine, so im not sure if something is wrong with the waire. OBD scanner works as i have tested it with a 2002 model civic.

Thanks
    AoA,

The OBD scanner you have tested on Civic wont work on Daewoo cars.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    AoA,

The OBD scanner you have tested on Civic wont work on Daewoo cars.
    Ahh well .. atleast my bro is happy showing it off on his civic .. lol

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam test driver..a couple of posts back mentioned about my car wiring problem...after that i got all the fuse wiring checked and n addition to that got the computer scanned. there was no error..also got the ignition switch changed whose pic u just posted here in last few posts....the tail pipe is still black on both CNG n Petrol. got the CO setting done ...the fan is direct but now i got it running on slow speed. the auto is not working and the scanner didnt show any code at all...the car starts erratically on cold engine but as the engine get a bit warmer it get ok but as i apply repeated brakes the engine gets heavy and pick decreases the the needle doesnt go above the white mark..on the most it remains below the middle of the white mark. but car pick decreases.
    I m thinking to change the Engine but wanna wait a few moths till winter passes till march to go for that...i talked to one mechanic and he said not to change entire engine as even the kabli one will be really old and may need over haul in near future instead he said to get the overhaul done and just buy the kabli head assembly...whats ur take on that...i have to travel a lot almost every month from lahore to bahawalpur so far the car hasnt caused any problem but on long route till it reaches destination the engine behaves like its going to give up any moment now..the pick reduces drastically and esp i notice it when i cross toll plaza i ve to step heavily on accelerator to give pick. even at 40 the car drags but once it get to top speed above 80 it runs ok...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guybwp View Post
    salam test driver..a couple of posts back mentioned about my car wiring problem...after that i got all the fuse wiring checked and n addition to that got the computer scanned. there was no error..also got the ignition switch changed whose pic u just posted here in last few posts....the tail pipe is still black on both CNG n Petrol. got the CO setting done ...the fan is direct but now i got it running on slow speed. the auto is not working and the scanner didnt show any code at all...the car starts erratically on cold engine but as the engine get a bit warmer it get ok but as i apply repeated brakes the engine gets heavy and pick decreases the the needle doesnt go above the white mark..on the most it remains below the middle of the white mark. but car pick decreases.
    I m thinking to change the Engine but wanna wait a few moths till winter passes till march to go for that...i talked to one mechanic and he said not to change entire engine as even the kabli one will be really old and may need over haul in near future instead he said to get the overhaul done and just buy the kabli head assembly...whats ur take on that...i have to travel a lot almost every month from lahore to bahawalpur so far the car hasnt caused any problem but on long route till it reaches destination the engine behaves like its going to give up any moment now..the pick reduces drastically and esp i notice it when i cross toll plaza i ve to step heavily on accelerator to give pick. even at 40 the car drags but once it get to top speed above 80 it runs ok...
    WAS,

First of all, did you get compression test of the engine? If not, get it done. BTW does this happen on both fuels or petrol only? Secondly, as you said in your post that the fan is not able to run in auto-mode, the coolant sensor might be creating problems or at worst case the ECM. It can also be due to retarded timing (can be valve timing as well as spark timing).
    Regarding the engine change, if your current engine has bad compression, get a complete kabli engine by getting it's compression test done beforehand. Hopefully it will do good in the long run.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The condition is same on both petrol n CNG.. What distributor is set on petrol setting at position 2 ... With stap 56 advancer. How to adjust the valve timing ? N why is the scanner unable to detect the faulty CTS OR ECM? I will check the compression ... I wanted to know is it good to replace the entire engine or just head assembly ... What's ur opinion ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well my daewoo loses acceleration while going up hill otherwise on flat roads its ok.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Overing Petrol / Low Millage and Black Smoke

My Daewoo overs fuel (Petrol) it was ok on CNG but now CNG closed and totally running on Petrol, On 80 KMPH speed its fine but on low speed it do missing, often it turns off on low gear and difficult to start while petrol is on. i have to turn off petrol to start it. I went to Daewoo point G-10 (Faqeer Muhammad) they told me that CTS sensor Grip was removed. They plugged it back and problem was little resolved, but there was still black smoke and it was still overing the petrol. then they changed injector, changed distributer, changed CTS sensor, changed MAP sensor but problem remained same. they told me that there is ECM wiring problem. i went back home it BUT MY PETROL MILAGE REDUCED TO HALF (BEFORE) it was almost 8 KM / Ltr but it reduced to 4 Km / Ltr.
    I went to another Daewoo Point Pirwadhai more ( Shoukat Ustaad).
    He did all things as Faqeer Muhammad did and at the end he changed all the ECM Wiring .... its fine now but Black smoke still there, and milage is still not good.

(One more thing My car does not have O2 Sensor and it does not have VSS Sensor)

Any suggestion to remove Black Smoke and increase Millage ??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

goto Tariq Electrician at Harley street. you can contact him on 03335199351

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guybwp View Post
    The condition is same on both petrol n CNG.. What distributor is set on petrol setting at position 2 ... With stap 56 advancer. How to adjust the valve timing ? N why is the scanner unable to detect the faulty CTS OR ECM? I will check the compression ... I wanted to know is it good to replace the entire engine or just head assembly ... What's ur opinion ?
    There could be several reason for the scanner being unable to detect any error, like the CTS is indicating the engine as cold while actually it is not (the voltage is not zero) or the ECM might be losing the stored codes for some reason. Did you check for live data on the scanner?

Timing should be accurately adjusted by timing gun while shorting the aldl pins (used for blink code). There is no fixed position as it can slightly vary from engine to engine. Valve timing is checked/adjusted through timing belt. Regarding the engine change, see the second para of my quoted post.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by junaidsial View Post
    Well my daewoo loses acceleration while going up hill otherwise on flat roads its ok.
    AoA,

On petrol, CNG or both? If on petrol, get the fuel tank checked for faulty baffle. If on both fuels, the timing needs to be adjusted.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vc_engineer View Post
    My Daewoo overs fuel (Petrol) it was ok on CNG but now CNG closed and totally running on Petrol, On 80 KMPH speed its fine but on low speed it do missing, often it turns off on low gear and difficult to start while petrol is on. i have to turn off petrol to start it. I went to Daewoo point G-10 (Faqeer Muhammad) they told me that CTS sensor Grip was removed. They plugged it back and problem was little resolved, but there was still black smoke and it was still overing the petrol. then they changed injector, changed distributer, changed CTS sensor, changed MAP sensor but problem remained same. they told me that there is ECM wiring problem. i went back home it BUT MY PETROL MILAGE REDUCED TO HALF (BEFORE) it was almost 8 KM / Ltr but it reduced to 4 Km / Ltr.
    I went to another Daewoo Point Pirwadhai more ( Shoukat Ustaad).
    He did all things as Faqeer Muhammad did and at the end he changed all the ECM Wiring .... its fine now but Black smoke still there, and milage is still not good.

(One more thing My car does not have O2 Sensor and it does not have VSS Sensor)

Any suggestion to remove Black Smoke and increase Millage ??
    AoA,

Off-course there is no O2 sensor, instead there is a CO potentiometer for fine tuning. Secondly without VSS, the ECM will show CEL and turn itself into limp mode (rich petrol, advanced timing). Get VSS installed. Once all the sensors are installed, then check for the black smoke. If still the problem is not resolved, get the ECM scanned for pinpoint the exact problems.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I want to top up gear oil in my woo.Can you please share tools required with chabi no. and stuff

P.s i need help..My car requires some serious restore excluding the engine compartment(its fine)

denting painting,interior accessories,some minor repairs,new goday etc etc,side door interior covers,new steering wheel and stuff,carburetor svc,maybe ecu wiring,new side mirrors,major bumper repairs(cant buy new too expensive)

oil is leaking from the car..Idk its gear oil or engine oil i need to get it checked..Btw the leak is not aggressive.

I dont have much experience dealing with ustads,or some1 can point me out to a good ustad in pindi/isb who wont rip off a noob like me but deal fairly.No budget issues i can spend 70/80k on restores.

The car was being neglected cuz i now commute on my bike and used it casually like once or twice a week for small commutes on petrol and nothing else.Sometimes i drive it after weeks.
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List