Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

problem 90% solved just a little jerk in 2nd gear on acceleration n starting on long ignition but good n cng consumption also reduced.
    cng was reduced n petrol only needed spark timing adjustment.
    thanks testdriver

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Hello,

Firstly i would like to appreciate and thank all the help you guys have provided.
    I own a Daewoo racer also. One of my really prized possessions. Unfortunately I have not been able to maintain it. Now Im in Lahore and the car needs maintenance. To start with there is play in its crank due to which the main seal is leak and oil leaks. Have gotten main seal changed once but it leaks again.
    Also the car wiring is all messed up. So I wanted to know if there is a good workshop in Lahore who have a good mechanic, electrician and dentor painter. Also is it possible to make the windows and steering power? and any idea how much would that cost me. And lastly who can revamp the interior? like the doors etc.

Would really appreciate your input and advice. The engine is in good condition and the car works fine.

Apart from all of this i will also need double piping radiator, bumper suggestions so that the paint sticks etc

Will be looking forward to your replys

Thanks and regards

Fahad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by superman123 View Post
    Firstly i would like to appreciate and thank all the help you guys have provided.
    I own a Daewoo racer also. One of my really prized possessions. Unfortunately I have not been able to maintain it. Now Im in Lahore and the car needs maintenance. To start with there is play in its crank due to which the main seal is leak and oil leaks. Have gotten main seal changed once but it leaks again.
    Also the car wiring is all messed up. So I wanted to know if there is a good workshop in Lahore who have a good mechanic, electrician and dentor painter. Also is it possible to make the windows and steering power? and any idea how much would that cost me. And lastly who can revamp the interior? like the doors etc.

Would really appreciate your input and advice. The engine is in good condition and the car works fine.

Apart from all of this i will also need double piping radiator, bumper suggestions so that the paint sticks etc

Will be looking forward to your replys

Thanks and regards

Fahad

there r mechanics from lhr mentioned in the above post. @guybwp did a lot of repairs from lhr u can also msg him or read from page 185 onwards
    I read in this thread about power windows, someone used toyota surf power window mechanism, i dont remember the page. Interior is a problem Im also trying to find some solution. my cars door inner rexenne is ok but board is in bad condition a person asked 2000 to fit rexenne on new boards n fitting n for bumpers repair is expensive (i got 10000 quote for repair n paint) but they will b as good as new. I did deco paint on the bumpers n it is ok for the last 2 months.
    Where is everybody

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

does anyone have original daewoo rims laying around?
    i want to put 155 or 165/70/13 tyres for better fuel consumption does that seem alright?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by overspeed111 View Post
    does anyone have original daewoo rims laying around?
    i want to put 155 or 165/70/13 tyres for better fuel consumption does that seem alright?
    AoA,

You can get original (used) rims from Rim/Tyre shop which they take in exchange for alloy rims. For tyres, if you want to go by user manual, 155/80R13 is the lowest possible tyre size recommended for Daewoo Racer/Cielo. The fuel economy can improve up to 0.5-1Km/L.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I want to do major face uplift of my Daewoo. Any idea how much it will take these days for exterior+interior uplift? Just basic stuff nothing fancy just wana bring it back to its glory days.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    AoA,

You can get original (used) rims from Rim/Tyre shop which they take in exchange for alloy rims. For tyres, if you want to go by user manual, 155/80R13 is the lowest possible tyre size recommended for Daewoo Racer/Cielo. The fuel economy can improve up to 0.5-1Km/L.
    WAS,
    bro car is going very heavy on petrol/cng, i thought that maybe decreasing tyre profile i can get optimum result, currently it have 185/70R13 tyres or maybe its an automatic with power steering with an MPFI engine, what could be the culprit? i see people are getting very good mileage on petrol like 14kmpl in city and 16-17 on long, and mine is around 9-10 with in city on long didn't really tested.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by opethian View Post
    I want to do major face uplift of my Daewoo. Any idea how much it will take these days for exterior+interior uplift? Just basic stuff nothing fancy just wana bring it back to its glory days.
    AoA,

If you are asking about complete restoration, you have to consult any workshop mentioned at page 3 of this forum. The total cost will be dependent on the existing usable items in your car.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    AoA,

If you are asking about complete restoration, you have to consult any workshop mentioned at page 3 of this forum. The total cost will be dependent on the existing usable items in your car.
    Thanks brother I have seen that page but I'm mainly asking current price range, cause car is in okara I won't start the venture unless I don't get any price range an idea about the investment.
    I mainly wana do interior replacement with Daewoo interior no extra bling, exterior metallic paint job and replacement of gearbox n shocks. Any idea about these things?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by overspeed111 View Post
    WAS,
    bro car is going very heavy on petrol/cng, i thought that maybe decreasing tyre profile i can get optimum result, currently it have 185/70R13 tyres or maybe its an automatic with power steering with an MPFI engine, what could be the culprit? i see people are getting very good mileage on petrol like 14kmpl in city and 16-17 on long, and mine is around 9-10 with in city on long didn't really tested.
    AoA,

First of all you should get the complete suspension and braking system analyzed for any problem. If everything is in good nick, get the engine compression checked for any problem. Once you are confirmed that the problem is due to tyres, go for 155/80R13 or 175/70R13. I recommend the latter one for better grip and braking. BTW ~10Km/L is just fine for an auto.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by opethian View Post
    Thanks brother I have seen that page but I'm mainly asking current price range, cause car is in okara I won't start the venture unless I don't get any price range an idea about the investment.
    I mainly wana do interior replacement with Daewoo interior no extra bling, exterior metallic paint job and replacement of gearbox n shocks. Any idea about these things?

okara aint far from lahore ..i know a reliable guy in lahore and he can get the price range as well as can arrange these for u..his name is murtaza and his auto workshop is near defense...his number is 03004130556 he is mostly a mechanic and good at that...and also good ac technician ...if u have any electrical problem u can contact waheed in chouburji..03004615481...u can ask both of them separately what u looking for ..and they can get it for u..rest is upto u to get it ur self from bilal ganj..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@testdriver

I would like to thank you and others for all the support and guidance in respct of maintenenace of Daewoos which was indeed a source of knowledge for all of us.
    I recently sold my daewoo after using it for 05 years just to change my driving taste and bought Civic 06 (eagle eye). It was really a driving pleasure, big car in mehran budget, fuel efficeiny not less than my civic!!. Many times travelled from LHR to RWP and from LHR to Rahim yar khan with AC On in summers; and always enjoyed the drive.

It was officer scheme 1993, 2nd owner, non accidnetal, all genuine shapes and seals; it was sold for 3.25 Lac. The Person who bought it called me after the transaction and reflected his great level of satisfaction.
    Best of luck to all thos who own this car.

Thanks again to dear Testdriver.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@testdriver
    AoA
    I wanted to ask how fresh air inlet can b blocked? It can b done DIY way or needed to go to mech?
    How fan can b made Auto? there is no thermostat in the car. mech told me to keep it direct as radiator has a small leak n auto will make the leak to blow as coolant temp will rise.
    Regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Shah73 View Post
    @testdriver

I would like to thank you and others for all the support and guidance in respct of maintenenace of Daewoos which was indeed a source of knowledge for all of us.
    I recently sold my daewoo after using it for 05 years just to change my driving taste and bought Civic 06 (eagle eye). It was really a driving pleasure, big car in mehran budget, fuel efficeiny not less than my civic!!. Many times travelled from LHR to RWP and from LHR to Rahim yar khan with AC On in summers; and always enjoyed the drive.

It was officer scheme 1993, 2nd owner, non accidnetal, all genuine shapes and seals; it was sold for 3.25 Lac. The Person who bought it called me after the transaction and reflected his great level of satisfaction.
    Best of luck to all thos who own this car.

Thanks again to dear Testdriver.
    AoA

Thanks for the nice words!

Quote Originally Posted by jazz82 View Post
    @testdriver
    AoA
    I wanted to ask how fresh air inlet can b blocked? It can b done DIY way or needed to go to mech?
    How fan can b made Auto? there is no thermostat in the car. mech told me to keep it direct as radiator has a small leak n auto will make the leak to blow as coolant temp will rise.
    Regards
    WAS,

It is an easy DIY. Just Open the left side wiper and it's shield. A black plastic shield covering the fresh air flap will be revealed that can easily be removed. Once removed, the fresh air inlet become accessible. Just pull the flap within the air inlet all the way to the top and put any used key under it giving support through the air inlet housing. Thoroughly clean the housing and flap with wet cloth. Take some double-tape (preferably 3M) and apply on top of the gap between the housing and flap to completely seal it. Put everything back and you are done with it.

Regarding the automatic fan, if your electrician has not made any "jugaar", you just have to remove a small fuse adjacent to the radiator to make it automatic. Yes, before doing that, get the leakage problem sorted out and install thermostat valve.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default DIY done

@testdriver
    AoA
    I hope I sealed the right place, took a lot of time as the place was full of mud had to clean that too. about fan I was not able to find any fuse red wire is going to a relay n black wire disappear in a cover plastic full of wires. any suggestion?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

more piks r not loading but I think I had to seal this box in first pik.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what is the left most posn on AC panel air flow adjuster switch thats like a complete circle is it fan OFF

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A-O-A Testdriver hope you are fine and your life if going very well.
    I am facing a problem in my Daewoo for last 2 week so please guide me?
    Suddenly 2 week ago my Daewoo Engine RPM goes high (2500) and CEL will appear.
    After studying the Daewoo fan club forum I replace the IAC valve but problem not solve.
    Than I check TP sensor that is working fine, MAP sensor are also working fine.
    When i switch on AC the RPM goes more high almost 3500 other vise 2500.
    Plz suggest me what I do?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jazz82 View Post
    more piks r not loading but I think I had to seal this box in first pik.
    yes, spot on!
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by crystal11 View Post
    what is the left most posn on AC panel air flow adjuster switch thats like a complete circle is it fan OFF
    See attachment
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Adnan's

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List