Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by miankhizer View Post
    AOA
    all the respected members of Daewoo Fan Club specially test driver i need your help, i m getting my woo maintained from A 2 Z almost
    i want to change the dash board and wiring also need an estimate about the dash and wiring price, will visit chah sultan and mittho khan in the next 2/3 days, need your suggestions before this.,...
    thanking you in anticipation
    regards and best wishes
    mian khizer
    0343-5122202 (a message about the said help is heartly welcome)
    WAS,

Welcome here.

Regarding the parts query, refer to page 3 of this forum for the contacts of few parts dealers to get a better idea.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Asalam o alikum
    i wanted to know about daewoo racer radiator switch if it can be replaced with that of mehran coz the auto fan is not working since last winter and inspite of changing coolant temp sensor countless times the fan wont auto start. a mechanic told me that he has replaced the radiator switch with that of mehran and it had been successful. any idea if thats true.
    Another problem is with fuse box...some times fuses melt ...one example is recently the F2 fuse of 10A was melted. and due to which the direct radiator fan went off. i replaced the fuse with 15A available at that time with me and it started working but another fuse F18 was loose when i took it out the direct fan went off and when i put it in..it started working...i have daewoo service manual and electrical diagram manual..but in both these manuals the fuses locations r different...and it has gotten me very confused. according to electrical diagram the F2 is for parking lamp and it gets its line from illumintion relay. F18 is for auto trunk, central door locking etc but doesnt mention radiator fan..the service manual fuses r totally different. TEST DRIVER ur expert and i know u must know about all the relays. so can u tell me what fuse is for what purpose...coz i m unable to find a reliable electrician in lahore or any where who is willing to really solve the cars electrical problem. they r too scared to touch its wiring..cant find any expert in lahore. so i have to take initiative my self

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    AoA

The missing you are referring to, is actually cng and petrol mixing after switch over. Secondly, the coolant sensor is malfunctioning as per the codes you mentioned, the code 22 will automatically go away.
    A-O-A testdriver
    according to your guidelines i change some things in my car engine but problem is remain same.
    Due to shortage of CNG i disconnect the CNG pipe and uninstall the CNG cylinder.
    when i start the engine a lot of black smoke came in silencer and engine is missing continuously than i press the accelerator after a 6 to 10 sec missing engine goes on normal and CEL appear but when i press accelerator again RPM in-cress but engine missing and black smoke is also came.
    i change O ring of injector and check there is no leakage.
    All code is removed except 12 by disconnecting the battery terminal for 5 mints.
    is any probability of fuel injector faulty? because i feel more fuel is injected
    awaiting your quick response
    Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default feul efficiency on petrol

Dear all, specially testdriver, I was getting very low fuel efficiency on petrol almost 6 to 7 km per liter. On your recommendation I got it checked from g8 tahir. He cleaned the plugs and adjusted the fuel injection speed at 3.3 still I am getting 7-8 km per liter. He said its vss sensor is also out of order therefore it gets shut down at lower speed. He has no sensor available at that time. Please suggest me any other method from which I can get my milage better. He also checked all other things like wheel jam, air filter etc. Waiting for reply

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my woooo with new tyres and Bumpers finishing.....say MashaAllah.........
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guybwp View Post
    Asalam o alikum
    i wanted to know about daewoo racer radiator switch if it can be replaced with that of mehran coz the auto fan is not working since last winter and inspite of changing coolant temp sensor countless times the fan wont auto start. a mechanic told me that he has replaced the radiator switch with that of mehran and it had been successful. any idea if thats true.
    Another problem is with fuse box...some times fuses melt ...one example is recently the F2 fuse of 10A was melted. and due to which the direct radiator fan went off. i replaced the fuse with 15A available at that time with me and it started working but another fuse F18 was loose when i took it out the direct fan went off and when i put it in..it started working...i have daewoo service manual and electrical diagram manual..but in both these manuals the fuses locations r different...and it has gotten me very confused. according to electrical diagram the F2 is for parking lamp and it gets its line from illumintion relay. F18 is for auto trunk, central door locking etc but doesnt mention radiator fan..the service manual fuses r totally different. TEST DRIVER ur expert and i know u must know about all the relays. so can u tell me what fuse is for what purpose...coz i m unable to find a reliable electrician in lahore or any where who is willing to really solve the cars electrical problem. they r too scared to touch its wiring..cant find any expert in lahore. so i have to take initiative my self
    WAS,

I have tried to modify the fusebox page from the Cielo wiring diagrams according to Racer. Pic attached. Note that the relay locations is same between both.

Daewoo fan club -1509634
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mrasifrasool View Post
    A-O-A testdriver
    according to your guidelines i change some things in my car engine but problem is remain same.
    Due to shortage of CNG i disconnect the CNG pipe and uninstall the CNG cylinder.
    when i start the engine a lot of black smoke came in silencer and engine is missing continuously than i press the accelerator after a 6 to 10 sec missing engine goes on normal and CEL appear but when i press accelerator again RPM in-cress but engine missing and black smoke is also came.
    i change O ring of injector and check there is no leakage.
    All code is removed except 12 by disconnecting the battery terminal for 5 mints.
    is any probability of fuel injector faulty? because i feel more fuel is injected
    awaiting your quick response
    Thanks
    WAS,

Code 12 will always appear as it is telling you about presence of the ECM. Regarding the smoke problem, if you want to pinpoint the problematic sensor, get it scanned via scanner and post the live view parameters at idle and throttle variations. Injector can also be the culprit.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asiiffareed View Post
    Dear all, specially testdriver, I was getting very low fuel efficiency on petrol almost 6 to 7 km per liter. On your recommendation I got it checked from g8 tahir. He cleaned the plugs and adjusted the fuel injection speed at 3.3 still I am getting 7-8 km per liter. He said its vss sensor is also out of order therefore it gets shut down at lower speed. He has no sensor available at that time. Please suggest me any other method from which I can get my milage better. He also checked all other things like wheel jam, air filter etc. Waiting for reply
    If your car has cng ventury/nozzle installed as well as air intake blocked, 3.3 is on the higher side. Normally, it is kept around 2.8 for air blocked vehicles (less air = rich petrol = high consumption), while 3.5-3.8 is for petrol only vehicle. Also get the VSS installed at the earliest otherwise, you will not achieve the fuel efficiency. If you can get it tuned with scanner attached, it will be far better.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zeeshan213 View Post
    my woooo with new tyres and Bumpers finishing.....say MashaAllah.........
    Ma-Sha-Allah, looking nice.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    WAS,

I have tried to modify the fusebox page from the Cielo wiring diagrams according to Racer. Pic attached. Note that the relay locations is same between both.

Daewoo fan club -1509634
    Thx for the diagram.. I have saved it.. But u didn't reply to radiator auto switch .. Can it be replaced with that of mehran. N also when I took out the fuse 18 the radiator fan stopped .. And the fuse 2 was melted .. Does it mean some electrical problem??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thx for the diagram.. I have saved it.. But u didn't reply to radiator auto switch .. Can it be replaced with that of mehran. N also when I took out the fuse 18 the radiator fan stopped .. And the fuse 2 was melted .. Does it mean some electrical problem??
    As long as the radiator switch fit, Mehran's switch can be used but you can get the genuine one from a kabli radiator. Regarding the electrical problem, its nowhere mentioned that F18 fuse controls the power to radiator fan, so obviously the wiring has been hacked. I think the electrician has overloaded the F18 fuse. You should get the wiring checked for any "Jugaars" and then rectify properly.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am facing some issue on high speed eg when driving on motorway at 120 km/h
    If i take off my foot from accelerator and re apply accelerator car responds with some noticeable delay ...... Although its a very little delay but iriks me
    Otherwise acceleration is smooth 0 to 140 no missing or any thing
    I. Mostly drive on pertrol
    Car is giving good milage on petrol....
    Engine check light occasionally comes and go away in 10 min 15
    Fan is on auto but no thermostat valve
    That voltage thing is set to 2.80

Any opinion regarding issue....
    If its an issue

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Kamando View Post
    I am facing some issue on high speed eg when driving on motorway at 120 km/h
    If i take off my foot from accelerator and re apply accelerator car responds with some noticeable delay ...... Although its a very little delay but iriks me
    Otherwise acceleration is smooth 0 to 140 no missing or any thing
    I. Mostly drive on pertrol
    Car is giving good milage on petrol....
    Engine check light occasionally comes and go away in 10 min 15
    Fan is on auto but no thermostat valve
    That voltage thing is set to 2.80

Any opinion regarding issue....
    If its an issue
    First of all, try to read the codes as CEL should not behave like this. Probably the throttle sensor (TPS) is throwing the intermittent code as also mentioned in your post (delayed response). Also get the thermostat valve installed as its there for a reason.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for a quick reply
    Wil chk cell code or will go to khalid for ecm scan
    Regarding thermostat valve i fear old radiator and pipes can not take sustained pressure
    They may bust on way and as i travel a lot with very less time for visiting mechanic....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i want to know if the fuse box itself n its wiring can b repaired. coz i had a closer look at the wiring n as suspected too many cuts made in the wires going from fuses n some fuse wiring were entangled with each other n additional fuses were installed one for AC with 30A fuse n one other whose purpose i dont know of 20A. as the fuse box wiring is no where to b found in lhr so i want to know if it can b repaired.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i want to know if the fuse box itself n its wiring can b repaired. coz i had a closer look at the wiring n as suspected too many cuts made in the wires going from fuses n some fuse wiring were entangled with each other n additional fuses were installed one for AC with 30A fuse n one other whose purpose i dont know of 20A. as the fuse box wiring is no where to b found in lhr so i want to know if it can b repaired.
    Depending upon the condition of existing fuse box, it can be repaired. If there are melts around the fuse thimbles, it is very difficult to repair. You can consult the daewoo parts dealer (Korea/Al-Madina Autos) if they can arrange a kabli fusebox with the attached wiring since only fuse box is difficult to arrange as well as difficult to install as there will be a lot of joins. Still you can get the existing fuse box checked for any feasibility of repair.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default dent paint

aoa. I m new here. I bought daewoo racer converted to cielo. but all of my friends/relatives are asking me to sell it instead of doing dent paint. coz they say it will get the same after some time. and daewoo has something wrong with its body and it cannot be maintained. I need suggestions. tnx

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It all depends upon denter and painter how good are they
    Properly baked painted vehicle will last as good as factory paint
    But a typical paint will fade in 2-3 years

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear testdriver and all

I want to change the engine of my daewoo. Plz suggest me a good and fuel efficient engine. What will be approximate cost with five shift gear with my old engine and from where I should get it done

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Asalamoalikum
    yesterday i went to electrician to ask him if the fuse boz can be repaired. also told him about him that the auto fan was not starting. he looked at wiring. later the auto fan started but the needle was above the middle at 3/4 of the gauge. and there was steam coming out of the radiator bottle cap when this happened.but it disappeared as soon as the fan started. there is no thermostat valve in the engine. he said the steam was normal as water wasnt coming out it was due to water being heated up and was normal. my question is if this really is normal phenomena and if the auto fan does start at 3/4 of the temp gauge. coz the electrician said the steam doesnt happen if we use coolant instead of water.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List