Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My Daewoo

My Daewoo Racer/Cielo
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Daewoo Racer | 1993

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Assalamualikum,

Dear Testdriver,

Yesterday I started my car & this started to happen,

1. Switch on - Chk engine light turns on.
    2. Engine start - Chk engine light turns off for less than 1 second & then turns back on & continuously stays on.

It happened all of a sudden & before that there was no error. But the engine is working fine & there are no changes in the performance.

Also, kindly guide about the CO sensor control screw that how it can be used for tuning & since it keep turning & turning, where should it be set?

Thank you.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys car is giving very low avg.Hardly 7-8 Km/L.Engine check light is up.I noticed Light smoke from the exhaust aswell during cold start.WHere should i getr it checked?G 10?WHat should be the possible cause.
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What is the color of the smoke, white or black? White smoke indicates burning of oil means rings are weak. Black smoke indicates that extra fuel is being injected into the engine which also smells strong like un-burnt petrol & it irritates the eyes.

Check if your MAP sensor pipes are connected to the engine. That also causes black smoke to appear from the exhaust. (My car had the same issue) Also is your engine producing noise (knocking) when you accelerate your car? If yes then the timings are not proper & they need to be adjusted.

Althought my car petrol avg is also not so good, maybe 8 or 10km/ltr. I think an avg daewoo gives mileage around this figure.

I am not an expert but learning with each time I get a new fault with my car. The experts here will guide you even better.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you for your info & reply.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default bad ignition coil

Two to three weeks back I changed my car battery and replaced 85 amp with a 70 amp battery .. but recently my car has started showing symptoms of bad ignition coil ... thr car rpm get very high even after warming up. The car starts stalling after warming up ... n also the car will loose acceleration on warning up n car will start missing as well. .. These symptoms were not much pronounced earlier but recently after they have escalated ... There is continuous low pithe noise coming from speaker which became quite high few days back so I went to an electrician ... The sound increased on acceleration ... He made me listen to it and it was coming from the ignition coil as I put my ear next to it .... so i wanted to know what can cause the coil to be shorted coz I bought this new one last year ... He said it was China made.. but they always say that if something is not working.. I also noticed smoke early morning which wasn't just steam with water droplets coming from exhaust..can anyone tell me the cause n if these symptoms do coincide with bad coil or failing coil ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by goodfellow View Post
    I need to know about the sensors that control the daewoo engines, their functions & importance. My engine wiring is in the worst manner & even some of the engine wires are just hanging freely & I have no idea that where they were connected & what functions they were performing. But still I do not receive the chk engine alert & my engine starts & runs smooth even if I turn my AC on. So I believe that all my sensors are working & my engine wiring is ok.

Also there is an little electronic adjuster which is located near the drivers side head lamp just beside the AC bottle. It has 3 wires & has an adjusting screw. What is its function & how can it be used for tuning?
    Hope this helps.

Daewoo fan club -1528669
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilskreed View Post
    Guys car is giving very low avg.Hardly 7-8 Km/L.Engine check light is up.I noticed Light smoke from the exhaust aswell during cold start.WHere should i getr it checked?G 10?WHat should be the possible cause.
    AoA,

Did you try to read the error code? It will really help in diagnosing the problem!
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guybwp View Post
    Two to three weeks back I changed my car battery and replaced 85 amp with a 70 amp battery .. but recently my car has started showing symptoms of bad ignition coil ... thr car rpm get very high even after warming up. The car starts stalling after warming up ... n also the car will loose acceleration on warning up n car will start missing as well. .. These symptoms were not much pronounced earlier but recently after they have escalated ... There is continuous low pithe noise coming from speaker which became quite high few days back so I went to an electrician ... The sound increased on acceleration ... He made me listen to it and it was coming from the ignition coil as I put my ear next to it .... so i wanted to know what can cause the coil to be shorted coz I bought this new one last year ... He said it was China made.. but they always say that if something is not working.. I also noticed smoke early morning which wasn't just steam with water droplets coming from exhaust..can anyone tell me the cause n if these symptoms do coincide with bad coil or failing coil ...
    The missing seems to be related to spark jumping off the ignition coil directly to the ground or the positive battery terminal due to bad contacts. One can observe the spark jumping off the coil in pitch darkness. For a remedy, remove the plug wire from the main coil, get the coil contacts (of main coil as well as the plug wire) cleaned and apply a little amount of grease to the terminal and put the wire back.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by crystal11 View Post
    few mods incl, cielo power steering with steering wheel which is comfortable and looks good
    an excellent 5 speed transmission with superb performance
    moreover new things which are installed are
    tyres
    battery
    radiator
    condensor
    almost new suspension
    Namda on floor
    rubber sheet under the engine for protection
    alloy rims with ring(kara) installed for right PDC
    some excellent elcetical connections
    Mileage on petrol is 14 and 19 guarenteed if driven with care
    AC and Heater working with auto fan and thermostat valve installed
    All sensors ok checked by copmuter
    Cng also there but tuned on petrol and mostly used in the same way, used to give 140 local without ac
    overall a very sound ride with best possible maintenance
    reason for selling likely going abroad and bought a smaller ride for family
    So wish me luck for sale and i guarentee a very good ride to the purchaser (God Willing) Inshallah. pl call only demand is Rs 390000/- 03216374462 is no and no sms pl, can be seen in pindi westridge. thx for patient reading.
    bump.........................................

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    The missing seems to be related to spark jumping off the ignition coil directly to the ground or the positive battery terminal due to bad contacts. One can observe the spark jumping off the coil in pitch darkness. For a remedy, remove the plug wire from the main coil, get the coil contacts (of main coil as well as the plug wire) cleaned and apply a little amount of grease to the terminal and put the wire back.
    shouldnt i just change the plug wire set ....n if i do so what is the best set available in the mkt these days

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear testdriver,

Thank you for the info. I really found it very helpful.

On # 12 there is marked "Unheated oxygen sensor". I have not seen it in my car. Also the diagram is showing some devices that are usually not available in the daewoo like the "damping control system". Did the daewoo ever had damping control module?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guybwp View Post
    shouldnt i just change the plug wire set ....n if i do so what is the best set available in the mkt these days
    Without knowing the actual problem, it is not advisable to do so. Did you try checking the main coil in complete darkness?

I don't exactly have the idea for best quality plug wire set, you can ask Korea Autos Lahore about the available qualities with their price quote.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear testdriver,

Thank you for the info. I really found it very helpful.

On # 12 there is marked "Unheated oxygen sensor". I have not seen it in my car. Also the diagram is showing some devices that are usually not available in the daewoo like the "damping control system". Did the daewoo ever had damping control module?
    You must have observed that I circled two items in red, actually car are equipped with either the CO OR the O2 sensor. The daewoo cars came to Pakistan with downgraded accessories like 4 forward gear, defogger-less rear screen, lack of damping control system, no catalytic converter, no fuel sensor. It also came with CO potentiometer instead of Oxygen Sensor.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the info.

There is an issue with most of the daewoo I have seen which run on CNG including mine. At the tip of the air-inlet hose of the air-filter casing, there is a need to place a rubber bush with a center hole or something which reduces air-flow into the engine. Without it, the car will neither run or even start on CNG. Put that rubber bush back & it starts & runs well on CNG. But the question is that for CNG, it is ok but what would be the condition when running on petrol because I feel that less oxygen getting into the engine will not properly burn the fuel (petrol) hence reducing the performance & avg of the vehicle. If that is the case then what alternate should one follow to eliminate such problem or is there no problem at all by having that bush on the air-inlet hose?

Some daewoo I have seen, the drivers have completely removed the air-filter casing & installed a small circular filter enclosed in a metal grill.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Start the engine & in complete darkness, try to find the leak electric pulse from the distributor / plug wires & main coil. Incase of any leakages, you will be able to spot tiny electric pulses / sparks coming out. Do this in the dark (dont even use torch to see). Also you can feel the pulse sounds. When you are sure of the leakage, check your plug wires for any cuts / damages & check the coil bolts tighting & the coil wire which is coming from the distributor, make sure it is properly connected tightly & apply some grease in its surrounding. Also keep the plug wires apart from each other & any body metal from around. Best is to cover them with wire sleeves.

Hope this may help you as I was also having missing problems with my car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the info.

There is an issue with most of the daewoo I have seen which run on CNG including mine. At the tip of the air-inlet hose of the air-filter casing, there is a need to place a rubber bush with a center hole or something which reduces air-flow into the engine. Without it, the car will neither run or even start on CNG. Put that rubber bush back & it starts & runs well on CNG. But the question is that for CNG, it is ok but what would be the condition when running on petrol because I feel that less oxygen getting into the engine will not properly burn the fuel (petrol) hence reducing the performance & avg of the vehicle. If that is the case then what alternate should one follow to eliminate such problem or is there no problem at all by having that bush on the air-inlet hose?

Some daewoo I have seen, the drivers have completely removed the air-filter casing & installed a small circular filter enclosed in a metal grill.
    When the air blockage is in place, the CO value is also reduced to ~2.8 to compensate for the disturbed mixture. As a result, the car loose some power on petrol, but is drivable on both the fuels. The car consumes more fuel due to overly advanced timing. If you are intended to drive the car on petrol for a longer period, remove the blockage and re-adjust the CO. Alternatively you can purchase another CO that is adjusted for CNG, when you have to use your car on both fuels, just put the air blockage and CNG CO back otherwise use the CO adjusted for petrol and remove blockage.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    When the air blockage is in place, the CO value is also reduced to ~2.8 to compensate for the disturbed mixture. As a result, the car loose some power on petrol, but is drivable on both the fuels. The car consumes more fuel due to overly advanced timing. If you are intended to drive the car on petrol for a longer period, remove the blockage and re-adjust the CO. Alternatively you can purchase another CO that is adjusted for CNG, when you have to use your car on both fuels, just put the air blockage and CNG CO back otherwise use the CO adjusted for petrol and remove blockage.
    Ok, I got it. Let me experiment on this & get back to you

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i am getting 135+km on my red area of gauge. is it correct or i have to visit meter repair person?
    MONEY IS YOURS BUT RESOURCES BELONG TO THE
    SOCIETY

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by welcome786 View Post
    i am getting 135+km on my red area of gauge. is it correct or i have to visit meter repair person?
    AoA,

Does the gauge move to F on full tank? The red area of gauge means that you have around 6 liters out of which only 4 liters is usable, rest, the fuel pump cannot pull more fuel. If the gauge is not going to F on full tank, get the sender unit checked and replace if necessary (installed at the fuel tank).
    Adnan's

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List