Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guybwp View Post
    thx for the reply...the electrician i have is too lazy to listen to me...i can remove few sensors and clean them my self like ecm it self tps and iac valve but cts and vss are hard to remove. i took out the iac valve and cleaned its tip with wd 40 and also the area it goes in..both were completely covered with carbon...i also cleaned tps in doing so......Daewoo fan club -1549500
    this is the iac valve pics....i cleaned the tip just sprayed the ring part as i didnt want to damage it in cleaning it with any brush. hopefully this will solve the rpm issue....but for cts and vss i ve to go to electrician....i bought ceilo vss but the electrician repaired the old one which has two of its wire broken at the contact point with the sensor....now the same electrician says that ceilo vss can be used but only the wiring connections will be different...should i simple change the vss as well....?
    Yes, you should replace the VSS. Your electrician is also right about the Cielo VSS connections being different.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i wanted to ask the symptoms of catalytic converter failure...?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i wanted to ask the symptoms of catalytic converter failure...?
    This question is invalid for Daewoo Racer in Pakistan, since it don't have any. For cars equipped with cat-converter, see the link:

6 Symptoms of a Failing Catalytic Converter | DoItYourself.com
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i serviced the iac valve twice my self ...im becoming a good mechanic myself now beside being a doctor....but still unable to service cts and vss which is quite difficult to reach..the rpms have become much more stable...due to increasing heat i have already put the fan on direct..its better to have a cold car then a heated up engine that gets u stuck on the road...so now the rpms dont rise to such an extent that i have to stop the car...instead the rpm slightly rise when the car is totally cold and once its warmed a bit they get stable then...the jerky issue on acceleration is still there ...the startup of car in morning is good now...was thinking to change the vss but i searched some previous posts and realised i had the vss changed last year and i had to put back the original one after repairing coz the symptoms were not relieved even after the change.....so for now just gonna drive till some other issue resurfaces.. and ignore the jerkiness for now coz cant seem to pinpoint the exact location of the problem.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear All,
    what should be the asking price now a days for Converted Daewoo Cielo , with stock engine and stock dashboard , power windows.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Depends on condition !
    400k without issue if condition is good !
    !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa all my daewoo is up for sale on this weekend stock daewoo white colour with digital meter, 5 speed and isd no,03216374462

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it seems that these days price of daewoo is very down and people commonly say that its part have also gone expensive, any remarks/comments

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by crystal11 View Post
    it seems that these days price of daewoo is very down and people commonly say that its part have also gone expensive, any remarks/comments
    It depends on the choice of people. Most people & mechanics are not aware as to how to deal when a daewoo is having a "technical" problem. There are limited mechanics who are expert. Like in my city Karachi, there are 4 - 5 well known mechanics who know each & every bit of the car but other than them only a few mechanics only agree to work on daewoo. The most technical area is the electrical wiring where most mechanics or electricians feel hassle to diagnose the problem and as a result either they make alternation or fail to fix. Alterations will include removing of sensors & making direct connections resulting in CEL or performance issues. In the case of my car, I have tried my best to maintain it but still there are some wires in my engine bay which are cut off & left open & they were done by the previous owner. I have no idea that where are they coming from & what was their function. Also there is lots of "Jugaar" in the wiring but still my car is functioning properly because the sensors & wiring is functional & I do not compromise in that section.

Regarding parts, again people think they are expensive but I disagree. Though the parts are available at limited dealers like Aslam autos at plaza in karachi but very basic parts like fuel pump, timing belt, bearings, oil / air filter, brake shoes & pads etc are available at almost every where but parts like clutch/pressure plate, shocks, springs, sensors, suspensions parts, lights, drums & calipers etc are only available at dealer. My friend has a 99 city & his clutch/pressure plate costed 5500/= while my racers set was around 4000/= & korean made. Fuel pump is 750/= (Chinese) & 1500/= (Toyota). Brake pads for 600/= & brake shoes for 800/=. Air & oil filter for 400/=. Timing belt for 300/=, Radiator (New Chinese) 5500/=. Regarding body parts i.e lights, bumbers, locks etc, they are a bit expensive but can be found at the dealer or kabli. Dashboard & interior parts are expensive & not easy to be found. i heard that the complete dashboard costs around 35000/=.

In my opinion, the issue of maintenance (limited expert mechanics) & availability of parts at limited stores is the reason why daewoo is easy to purchase, hard to sell & hassel to maintain in the views of a common man. Only the person who knows the secret of Daewoo will love to buy it. Maintaining a daewoo is not that difficult but sometimes it becomes "galay ka phanda"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by goodfellow View Post
    It depends on the choice of people. Most people & mechanics are not aware as to how to deal when a daewoo is having a "technical" problem. There are limited mechanics who are expert. Like in my city Karachi, there are 4 - 5 well known mechanics who know each & every bit of the car but other than them only a few mechanics only agree to work on daewoo. The most technical area is the electrical wiring where most mechanics or electricians feel hassle to diagnose the problem and as a result either they make alternation or fail to fix. Alterations will include removing of sensors & making direct connections resulting in CEL or performance issues. In the case of my car, I have tried my best to maintain it but still there are some wires in my engine bay which are cut off & left open & they were done by the previous owner. I have no idea that where are they coming from & what was their function. Also there is lots of "Jugaar" in the wiring but still my car is functioning properly because the sensors & wiring is functional & I do not compromise in that section.

Regarding parts, again people think they are expensive but I disagree. Though the parts are available at limited dealers like Aslam autos at plaza in karachi but very basic parts like fuel pump, timing belt, bearings, oil / air filter, brake shoes & pads etc are available at almost every where but parts like clutch/pressure plate, shocks, springs, sensors, suspensions parts, lights, drums & calipers etc are only available at dealer. My friend has a 99 city & his clutch/pressure plate costed 5500/= while my racers set was around 4000/= & korean made. Fuel pump is 750/= (Chinese) & 1500/= (Toyota). Brake pads for 600/= & brake shoes for 800/=. Air & oil filter for 400/=. Timing belt for 300/=, Radiator (New Chinese) 5500/=. Regarding body parts i.e lights, bumbers, locks etc, they are a bit expensive but can be found at the dealer or kabli. Dashboard & interior parts are expensive & not easy to be found. i heard that the complete dashboard costs around 35000/=.

In my opinion, the issue of maintenance (limited expert mechanics) & availability of parts at limited stores is the reason why daewoo is easy to purchase, hard to sell & hassel to maintain in the views of a common man. Only the person who knows the secret of Daewoo will love to buy it. Maintaining a daewoo is not that difficult but sometimes it becomes "galay ka phanda"
    ur right.even in lahore im still unable to find the right electrician for daewoo racer...and also its wiring is very hard to find ..infact couldnt find it any where at all. and even if it comes into scene its too expensive and electrician dont wanna tackle with it as most r not experienced with it

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Although summer will officially start here in lahore next month but i still wanna know is there a way to start the auto fan a little early...coz i met a guy few months back at mechanic shop and he said his car fan would turn on as soon as it hits the top of the white area....is this any way possible ...would using ceilo or some other cts do that..my mechanic tried to turn it on early by puting the cts directly in the place meant for it in the engine head below the distributor....in the start it worked and fan would run when guage will be between white and mid zone but now the fan starts when the gauge reaches the midzone but by that time the car has over heated and water is boiling as well ....should i replace the cts sensor in the engine coz the electrician said the chinese sensor turns on early in the engine head..is it true?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ur right.even in lahore im still unable to find the right electrician for daewoo racer...and also its wiring is very hard to find ..infact couldnt find it any where at all. and even if it comes into scene its too expensive and electrician dont wanna tackle with it as most r not experienced with it
    Correct. I have been owning this car for 5 years & I have learned a lot with each time the car breaks down. My regular mechanic who is not a daewoo expert can work on my car easily but he cannot understand its electronics. He has overhauled my whole engine & got trained about daewoo through my car because I allowed him to take the risks on my responsibility.

They say that

"When you drive your car, the car becomes the body & you become the brain which senses each & every bit of the vehicle as your own body".

A driver feels when ever there is a slight change in the behavior in the vehicle either it is acceleration, braking, idling, bearing noise, wobbling, traction loss when accelerating or braking, engine sound change, feeling that the fan belt or generator belt is loose or starting to break etc etc. Though I am not that expert but I have learned a lot about my car & I take care of it as my pet. Although I love cats by my mom & wife dont like them .

They best way to maintain a daewoo is to learn about it as much as possible & then visit the mechanic & assist him in finding the problem which you are facing because he has the tools & space which we normally dont have. Last time I was servicing my clutch cable with my friend outside of my house & our cellphones got snatched on gunpoint. So we estimated that our labor cost for servicing the clutch cable was around 40000/= because our phones were worth that amount .

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer

can any one plx guide me what to do to improve performance of daewoo gti headlights its sucks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can any one plz guide me where is deawoo racer good electration and mechanic in rawalpindi my car ECU computer is not functioning properly due to some wiring issue and petrol sensor is also not working properly. Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can any one plz guide me where is good electration and mechanic of daewoo racer in rawalpindi??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA, hope ur fine,
    bro my daewoo with mpfi engine and auto trans gives jerk on its 3rd gear which is continuous in circles but fine on first 2 gears, it seems like knocking as the jerk force increases uphill and decreases downhill. CEL goes on and off due to TPS as it works and it stops working too.
    now from few months im figuring this issue as it only comes when on petrol but smooth on cng im still unable to do that.
    even i replaced fuel filter with new one but the problem remains. but now im thinking to open up fuel pump to check it but im confused as if it is a fuel pump problem then it would do the same for all the gears.
    then thought of injector cleaning but their O rings are hard to find and carb cleaner would do the job for cleaning them?
    any clue?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Although summer will officially start here in lahore next month but i still wanna know is there a way to start the auto fan a little early...coz i met a guy few months back at mechanic shop and he said his car fan would turn on as soon as it hits the top of the white area....is this any way possible ...would using ceilo or some other cts do that..my mechanic tried to turn it on early by puting the cts directly in the place meant for it in the engine head below the distributor....in the start it worked and fan would run when guage will be between white and mid zone but now the fan starts when the gauge reaches the midzone but by that time the car has over heated and water is boiling as well ....should i replace the cts sensor in the engine coz the electrician said the chinese sensor turns on early in the engine head..is it true?
    Do not go for the low quality Chinese one, order a better one from Korea Autos Lahore. Secondly, the water boiling at atmospheric pressure will not actually boil at 1.2 bar. If the water still boils with the cap closed, there is definitely some leakage in the engine cooling system that is allowing the pressure to release. Usually if there is no visible leak, there must be little pockets on the head surface adjacent to the cooling lines that are are introducing air into the system. If everything is fine and the problem still persists, the sensor sensing surface must be corroded/covered with deposits, that needs to be cleaned with sand paper and it should work. Also the placement should not interfere with the working performance of the sensor, unless there are some problem in the coolant circulation.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dashingman View Post
    can any one plx guide me what to do to improve performance of daewoo gti headlights its sucks
    The main problem with the generally available GTi headlights is that they are made of plastic that tends to blur with the passage of time. The usual solution for these kind of headlights is buffing them and they should work better. Secondly, if you haven't installed any relay for the headlights, get them installed as you can add up to 20% more light due to sufficient power. If you want to clean the headlights yourself, use the toothpaste trick (you can google how to clean headlights with toothpaste).
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xonuhappy View Post
    Can any one plz guide me where is deawoo racer good electration and mechanic in rawalpindi my car ECU computer is not functioning properly due to some wiring issue and petrol sensor is also not working properly. Thanks
    I would like to refer you to page 3 of this forum for some of the contacts.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by overspeed111 View Post
    AOA, hope ur fine,
    bro my daewoo with mpfi engine and auto trans gives jerk on its 3rd gear which is continuous in circles but fine on first 2 gears, it seems like knocking as the jerk force increases uphill and decreases downhill. CEL goes on and off due to TPS as it works and it stops working too.
    now from few months im figuring this issue as it only comes when on petrol but smooth on cng im still unable to do that.
    even i replaced fuel filter with new one but the problem remains. but now im thinking to open up fuel pump to check it but im confused as if it is a fuel pump problem then it would do the same for all the gears.
    then thought of injector cleaning but their O rings are hard to find and carb cleaner would do the job for cleaning them?
    any clue?
    WAS,

what do you mean by "continuous in circles"? First of all, sort out the TPS issue and check if the problem gets resolved. Did you try to retrieve the codes? Also I would recommend to get your car scanned through scanner and then check for various possibilities to resolve those issues. It could even simply be a problem with timing
    Adnan's

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List