Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Mercedes Benz W-210 AC trouble..!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mercedes Benz W-210 AC trouble..!!

Aoa,

I have a 2001 E220 CDI with independant climate control for driver and passanger. Yesterday when i turned on the car AC the driver's side central and side vent were not giving out cold air where as the passenger's side central and side vent were giving out cold air, plus its AC is stuck in EC mode. I ran a diagnosis and encountered following errors:
    1) EB1 231
    2) EB1 233
    3) EB1 419
    4) EB1 424
    5) EB1 241

Can anyone please help me out here??. @Xulfiqar bhai your expertise required her.. @Haroon_Tarar , @VEEeight your input will also be appreciated..
    thanks in advance..
    "..I am as bad as the worst, but, thank God, I am as good as the best..."
    -Walt Whitman

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exactly.. @Xulfiqar bhai what damage can this stupid thermostat waali jugaarr can do??
    -Walt Whitman

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3985 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

without the safety systems it can overwork the system and kill the safety features and even cause blowout of some line, the single radiator fan is run by a pulsing relay to vary rpms as required, The climate control unit takes information from the refrigerant sensors to send signal to the pulser relay to work the fan as required. The ME (Motor Electronics) - for you its DCS (diesel engine control system) relays the coolant sensor information over the can bus which then is read by the climate control to work the fan at required speed. Without it the fan cannot operate as it was required to do - it does not work like an off and on fan, Its a very expensive fan and has its own 50A fuse - costs about 300 euros brand new. It usually runs very lazily but it can speed up to jet like force when required.

The head pressure is very closely monitored by the pressure sensor and so is the temperature of the refrigerant gas and the cooling function is controlled very precisely, For this purpose also make sure you only use an Egelhof or MB brand expansion valve and BEHR drier in your car. using improper expansion valve can cause the valve to bounce and cause irritating behaviour.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    If the so called MB mechanics dont have access to a tool that can scan a MB - they are useless. Owning a set of torx, allens and full socket set does not mean you are a MB mechanic.

I saw a lot of cars like this in Pakistan and when asked about the "proper repair estimate" I said thats how its supposed to be. Mostly answered - magar kaam to iss tarah bhi chalraha hai. To which I always had an answer, yeh itna mehnga mobile phone ki kia zaroorat hai, nokia 3310 bhi to mobile phone hai. Yeh mercedes kyun chala rahe ho, Mehran bhi to car hai.
    @Xulfiqar bhai inhein kuch samajh nai ata, the sad part is that the real mechanics like shahnawaz charge a lot. These days they are charging 15,000 Rs just for inspection. Lets see what happens. I just hope it gets back in its original form.
    -Walt Whitman

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

xulfiqar bhai I have trying to send u a private msg it says u have exceeded ur msgs quota if u can plz clear ur inbox I wud like to ask u sumething

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3985 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider123 View Post
    xulfiqar bhai I have trying to send u a private msg it says u have exceeded ur msgs quota if u can plz clear ur inbox I wud like to ask u sumething
    send email - or use the other site.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki091 View Post
    @Xulfiqar bhai inhein kuch samajh nai ata, the sad part is that the real mechanics like shahnawaz charge a lot. These days they are charging 15,000 Rs just for inspection. Lets see what happens. I just hope it gets back in its original form.
    You need to find a proper repair shop. Ask around.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    send email - or use the other site.

You need to find a proper repair shop. Ask around.
    @Xulfiqar bhai today I got it inspected from a very reputable mercedes mechanic in Islamabad, He is saying that the compressor is finished. He is charging 80,000 PKR for the replacement compressor plus gas refill plus labor. I am really confused. How can I know whether the compressor is dead or not??
    -Walt Whitman

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3985 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

turn the compressor by hand, if its knocking or rough its bad, test the pressure output compared against ambient temperature and output from the dashboard.

Also make sure the compressor clutch is not worn out and that its airgap is not too large. if it is then the clutch can chatter on and off . In proper working condition the compressor does not trip. Check the clutch magnet resistance - you would need to get under the car and undo the compressor wire - then stick a multimeter probe in the wiring socket on the compressor.

It should be 4 ohms, if its at 4 ohms and the clutch gap is under 0.65mm the compressor should be pumping hard. If the gap is too large the compressor may seem to be tripping. it actually is slipping and will cause the head pressure to go up (loss of cooling) as the proper drive torque is not applied - it will also burn out the thermal fuse in the magnet.

Genuine Denso compressor on this car is about USD 350/- which is about PKR 35,000/- to about Rs 40,000/-. the condenser, drier, and expansion valve account for another USD 250/- the price is about right, but make ABSOLUTE SURE the guy doing the repair knows what he's upto.

In my linked thread I replaced the clutch - MB procedure is to buy a new compressor as the clutch is not a replacement part - But Denso make a rebuilt clutch assy for this compressor which I had to find myself against part number search. Very easy swap though.

Another bit to ensure is that your heater duo valve is not stuck open - it can happen if non-genuine coolant is used, in a diesel the only coolant allowed is BASF Glysantin 05, aka mercedes benz genuine coolant or Valvoline Zerex G05. Otherwise the block can erode at the headgasket joint. Its very oily too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List