Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Mercedes c200 information required regarding oils..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mercedes c200 information required regarding oils..

Asslamoaliakum warehmatullah,
    Hope u all are fine and in good health

Recently i purchased a mercedes benz C200 kompressor 1998cc 2002 model 136k mileage
    I need the recomendation regarding following:

1. engine oil( which is the appropriate to use)
    2. MOST IMPORTANT, which power steering oil i can use, dere is a little leak somewhere above the right side kangi boot. I don't wana fix it cz it will be expensive a lot, it reduces oil level after after a week or two. Which grade and make is recommended(currently i m using mobil 1 synthetic Atf) for power steering.
    3. Is dere any need to change the Atf of gear!

One other thing, if anyone knows where the engine number is located on engine?
    The car was previously maintained by INH.

Hope Xulfiqar or some other experts i.e Capsat etc will reply soon.

with best regards Haroon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haroon_1 View Post
    Asslamoaliakum warehmatullah,

2. MOST IMPORTANT, which power steering oil i can use, dere is a little leak somewhere above the right side kangi boot. I don't wana fix it cz it will be expensive a lot, it reduces oil level after after a week or two.
    Haroon Bhai,

Car bech do. As @Xulfiqar once said, there is nothing more expensive than a cheap Mercedes.

If you are so worried about maintenance expenses, sell her

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    Haroon Bhai,

Car bech do. As @Xulfiqar once said, there is nothing more expensive than a cheap Mercedes.

If you are so worried about maintenance expenses, sell her

recently bought it bhai, It is excellent in every aspect. No malfunctions. So y r u saying all this?

Lagta kafi bura experience hai aap k sath koi?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mobil1 0W40 and a good filter for oil, I would never suggest you run the car with a power steering leak, your car only takes "pentosin CHF11S" as power steering fluid and is only changed once every 100,000 kms - (CHF = central hydraulic fluid), using ATF or PSF will be a painful bill very very soon. It costs about USD 20/litre. The racks have a service life of about 150,000 kms (75K or less on rough road). And usually require replacement as the seals on the ends require some special tools to install properly and it takes a while to bleed air from the system which is enough to make you want to smash your head on a wall. btw a good refurbed replacement rack costs about 400 dollars for a RHD car.

The trans is 722.6xx - it takes special ATF like meguin etc, which is changed every 30,000 miles or about 50,000 kms - One change is about 10 litres with new filter and pan gasket - while at it change the electric connector bushing piece with a new genuine mercedes benz part (costs less than 10 dollars) and change the park pawl lever from the back of the transmission (also less than 10 dollars a piece) - the pilot bushing can leak and wick oil into the TCU from the wiring which requires you buy a new or replacement ($$$$$) - the pawl lever thing dumps all ATF out overnight if leaking.

The supercharger can start to wear out - change its oil if dirty (use GM supercharger oil - its better - available from Dubai easily)

Whilst at it check the engine mountings for wear out, if they have sagged they require replacement. easy 2 hour job.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    Mobil1 0W40 and a good filter for oil, I would never suggest you run the car with a power steering leak, your car only takes "pentosin CHF11S" as power steering fluid and is only changed once every 100,000 kms - (CHF = central hydraulic fluid), using ATF or PSF will be a painful bill very very soon. It costs about USD 20/litre. The racks have a service life of about 150,000 kms (75K or less on rough road). And usually require replacement as the seals on the ends require some special tools to install properly and it takes a while to bleed air from the system which is enough to make you want to smash your head on a wall. btw a good refurbed replacement rack costs about 400 dollars for a RHD car.

The trans is 722.6xx - it takes special ATF like meguin etc, which is changed every 30,000 miles or about 50,000 kms - One change is about 10 litres with new filter and pan gasket - while at it change the electric connector bushing piece with a new genuine mercedes benz part (costs less than 10 dollars) and change the park pawl lever from the back of the transmission (also less than 10 dollars a piece) - the pilot bushing can leak and wick oil into the TCU from the wiring which requires you buy a new or replacement ($$$$$) - the pawl lever thing dumps all ATF out overnight if leaking.

The supercharger can start to wear out - change its oil if dirty (use GM supercharger oil - its better - available from Dubai easily)

Whilst at it check the engine mountings for wear out, if they have sagged they require replacement. easy 2 hour job.
    Is the usage of ATF in power steering can be a cause of leakage?

The leakage is just above the right steering rack boot, dun know where from exactly! the both boots seems in pretty good nick wid no damage, steering is a bit hard though

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

recently bought it bhai, It is excellent in every aspect. No malfunctions. So y r u saying all this?

Lagta kafi bura experience hai aap k sath koi?
    Bht hi bura bhai. They are soooo expensive to maintain. I sold mine with too many problems

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    Bht hi bura bhai. They are soooo expensive to maintain. I sold mine with too many problems

haha, as far as i know u are having 5 mercs in your garage, i know u are kidding

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mine is not kompressor its having an 111M20 engine, Japanese import

Pic for reference
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

your first post mentioned kompressor
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

your first post mentioned kompressor
    Sir actually it has a badge of c200 kompressor at back! but though its not kompressor earlier i dun knw this fact!

Now kindly plzz shed some light on it! What kind of engine is this? BTW its giving a very gud mileage of 9 km\l in city driving.

recommend me what to do with that leakage, should i go for a change of oil first i.e CHF 11 or should go for a leakage repair!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kindly give me some brief counselling about this vehicle because its first mercedes i ever owned!

One thing more the vin number isn't written on wind shield? though dere is a sticker on right side pillar and punched below driver seat

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the VIN no. is not used in japanese market, in place of that the car serial no. punched into the metal is used and is also found in 2 locations - one being the B pillar.

For the steering leak - best repair it now as you will not like it later on, You say the oil is dripping ON on the boot, which means that the rack itself is not leaking but something above it, Get the car on a lift and get a strong light to see where the leak is originating from. And please dont use ATF in that steering system. Locate proper oil and use that once the leakage is stopped.

Its a nice car - but the engine is not smooth, so bear with it. The smooth engines are the 6s. I would suggest to fully inspect the undercarriage when its lifted. use a pry bar and try to move the bushings and linkages, if you feel sloppiness you need to replace that part. Usually the entire suspension bushings are rotten by this age if not replaced and mostly due to owners taking pride in saying.

"no maintenance mashAllah, only oil change and filters replaced"

That is a sign of a disillusioned owner who is trying to load his headache on you. These cars wear out slowly to the point of people not noticing their deteriorating ride quality, They have a special taught and controlled drive - not wallowy soft like people think. The power steering is also a bit hard along with the foot pedals too - it always has been in every MB

check the coolant in this car, it should only be using genuine MB coolant (BASF glysantin 5) or similar. its a yellow colour coolant and is very oily to touch. It protects the engine and other plastic parts like the radiator, heater valve and aux pump.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the VIN no. is not used in japanese market, in place of that the car serial no. punched into the metal is used and is also found in 2 locations - one being the B pillar.

For the steering leak - best repair it now as you will not like it later on, You say the oil is dripping ON on the boot, which means that the rack itself is not leaking but something above it, Get the car on a lift and get a strong light to see where the leak is originating from. And please dont use ATF in that steering system. Locate proper oil and use that once the leakage is stopped.

Its a nice car - but the engine is not smooth, so bear with it. The smooth engines are the 6s. I would suggest to fully inspect the undercarriage when its lifted. use a pry bar and try to move the bushings and linkages, if you feel sloppiness you need to replace that part. Usually the entire suspension bushings are rotten by this age if not replaced and mostly due to owners taking pride in saying.

"no maintenance mashAllah, only oil change and filters replaced"

That is a sign of a disillusioned owner who is trying to load his headache on you. These cars wear out slowly to the point of people not noticing their deteriorating ride quality, They have a special taught and controlled drive - not wallowy soft like people think. The power steering is also a bit hard along with the foot pedals too - it always has been in every MB

check the coolant in this car, it should only be using genuine MB coolant (BASF glysantin 5) or similar. its a yellow colour coolant and is very oily to touch. It protects the engine and other plastic parts like the radiator, heater valve and aux pump.
    Thanks a lot for your kind reply sir!

I will go to the workshop n check thoroughly from where it is leaking, hope dere should be small issue..

This car is driven by an old man after imported, literally no scratches even. The person says i driven it with a lot of cares etc. though its my first time having a merc so i hope good that i will be able to maintain it, if i wouldn't be able to do all that then i will sell.

Secondly my point is, my friend having same shape w203 london model having written something on his windscreen(below left side of wind shield) but dere is nothing printed in my car dere..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks a lot for your kind reply sir!

I will go to the workshop n check thoroughly from where it is leaking, hope dere should be small issue..

This car is driven by an old man after imported, literally no scratches even. The person says i driven it with a lot of cares etc. though its my first time having a merc so i hope good that i will be able to maintain it, if i wouldn't be able to do all that then i will sell.

Secondly my point is, my friend having same shape w203 london model having written something on his windscreen(below left side of wind shield) but dere is nothing printed in my car dere..
    The London and German model cars have the chassis number written under the wiper on the windscreen.
    Japanese mercs might not have it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Type:C 200 K (CGI), CLK 200 K
    Year: 2002
    Ltr: 5,5
    Engine Oil: FUCHS TITAN GT1 5W-30, FUCHS TITAN GT1 PRO C-3 5W-30,FUCHS TITAN Supersyn LONGLIFE 5W-30
    Manual transmission
    Ltr: 1.2
    Oil: FUCHS TITAN SINTOFLUID FE 75W
    Automatic transmission
    Oil: FUCHS TITAN ATF 3353
    Differential
    Ltr: 0.7
    Oil: FUCHS TITAN GEAR HYP 90

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ihpwf12 View Post
    The London and German model cars have the chassis number written under the wiper on the windscreen.
    Japanese mercs might not have it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    as said the VIN is only on some markets - the japanese cars dont use VIN, in place of it they use serial (chassis) no. and engine no.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar, hope u are fine, today i changed the complete steering rack with an oem rack from half cut of same model.
    it costed me around 25k with labour. Refilled with Chf 11.

the car given an esp malfunction just after start but gone later.

the Old rack is in very critical condition, boots are fully filled with the Oil, mechanic said that the both seals were leaked from both sides what so ever
    the new rack is completely neat and clean without any seepage inside the boot.. Hope now it will work fine.

BTW its pretty much expensive to maintain a merc

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

as said the VIN is only on some markets - the japanese cars dont use VIN, in place of it they use serial (chassis) no. and engine no.
    Sir but under the wiper dere is nothing written, no chassis no etc.
    Though its punched below the driver seat and dere is also a sticker on right side pillar having chassis number on it.
    My point is that whether dere is anything written below the wind shield in the japan model

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the windshield glass window shows the riveted tag of the VIN no. the Japan models did not have it but the glass seems as if it should have it. They only used the serial no. (chassis no.) which is found on the B pillar, floor and engine room (certain models) like your car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am in love with this model of mb these days , will upgrade my car in this summer IN SHA ALLAH but after reading all this I am afraid.. I have never kept any mercedes benz b4 currently using civic prosmatec 2010 which is a great car MA SHA ALLAH and a trouble free car good for our roads and environment a very reliable car I would say..
    I would love to buy E class 2004 but it will cross 30 lac mark so 2006 C 180 CDI is the car which will come in my budget.. now really confused dnt really want to invite any trouble.. is it really possible to get a 2006 c180 in 10/10 trouble free outclass condition in 25 lacs ??
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List