0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Which car is better? RX8 or Evo 4

My friend wanted to buy a car that was a small time brag and wanted to drive it for daily use! He got two cars to go for:
    1-Rx8 2003 model and registration 2008,1jzge(non turbo) engine and auto with 4 speed forward! Price 900k,But someone told him that the 1jz and 2jz are not made for rx8 and will ruin the aerodynamics and car can't be used for daily drive plus he will regret buying the car later! So need spme expert suggestion on this and any pros and cons of having rx8! Car is swapped with 1jz so no maintanance issues like roatry one?1jz is petrol engine right? Any maintanance tips for 1jz will be appreciated!
    2-Evo 4 with stock engine, the car is transformed from lancer into evo 4 more specifically front is transformed! Demand 1 million! Someone also told him that he won't find original evo 4 or 5 in pakistan,is that true? Any perks of having transformed evo 4?
    Will really appreciate if all questions are answered and if you have any better suggestion other than rx8 and evo4 please tell but not too expensive! Any rx8 and evo 4 in sight in karachi please tell then!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

here is a video matt farah did of rotory vs v8 rx7 https://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&s...D0PYn42vDV29wg

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have driven almost any rx8 there is to offer and driven them for extended periods rotory 6 speed, 5 speed, 1j na single twin 2j and 1g. and let me tell you all have their pros n cons. though one thing a good swapped rx8 is as good a car as any rear wheel drive car with a powerful engine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and rx8s are expensive to maintain than a civic or corolla but the least expensive to maintain in sports (y) cars category, parts are easily available and many workshops are well versed in dealing with them.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

personally i hate rotories high octane, premix, oil top up, non synthetic oil, red line a day, warm up n cool down ..... and still one day it will give up on you. There is a reason no one is currently manufacturing rotory cars

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2-3 weeks back i was in the process of researching about the engine swaps / rotaries and what not for an rx8 , almost gave up on the idea of buying a swapped one when recently i came across my professor wanting to sell his rx8. The car was being used as a daily driver for over an year which was convincing enough for me to go for it.

So this one is a 1gfe swapped engine and as pointed out by doc there are always pro's and con's with every swap. Either-way its a learning experience which is completely worth it.

Cons:
    1- 1gfe is known to be rather slugish at low rpm's, you can find dozens of posts by ls200 owners related to the issue. The real power comes at after 4k rpm which reminds the user of its 160hp potential.

Pros:
    1- its fuel efficient when compared to other swaps, gives out a 8-10km/l mileage during city driving
    2- the rx8's own EPS (electronig power steering) is compatible

The power delivery issue can be hot fixed by disabling the ACIS system, that is what people online are suggesting still would appreciate any help in this matter, also i might as well start a thread soon and share my experiences.

Queries:
    Can anyone suggest where to find rx8's spare parts in lahore, currently what i am looking for are front fender liners

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

id go for the evo conversion hands down.excpet the rear subframe everything fits bolt on.properly tuned gives decent gas mileage.parts are available.keep it stock or make a 1000 hp both can be done.as xulfiqar sahib said many botched jobs are out there but u can get it checked by someone who knows evos.and yes drive it around for a few km do a launch after taking owners permission off course and see how it behaves.and mind u the evo 4 block will blow just like rotary of the rx8 no matter what u do.
    and yes there are original evo 4s out there.how do i know.coz i had the only 2 in pakistan.1 i sold some time back and the other one is still with me.hehe
    Dazed and confused.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by datpak View Post
    id go for the evo conversion hands down.excpet the rear subframe everything fits bolt on.properly tuned gives decent gas mileage.parts are available.keep it stock or make a 1000 hp both can be done.as xulfiqar sahib said many botched jobs are out there but u can get it checked by someone who knows evos.and yes drive it around for a few km do a launch after taking owners permission off course and see how it behaves.and mind u the evo 4 block will blow just like rotary of the rx8 no matter what u do.
    and yes there are original evo 4s out there.how do i know.coz i had the only 2 in pakistan.1 i sold some time back and the other one is still with me.hehe
    Yes, its already been mentioned on the forum that it depends how any of those builds came into being. But tbh i would suggest OP to build something himself instead of relying on the past ustaad jugar. At least he'd be able to trace the bugs himself. The worst part of evo's done here is the common lancer welding pulling that motor with no other mod other than the coils down there. You yourself can easily judge the difference between an original evo and converted way before launch. Those abused setups go in there just the way they were imported and if it had not been the survival of those tough Mitsubishi turbines, these would've landed much worse. I still see no reason why not to call a TIG expert maybe to weld those joints same as that of an evo while the car is stripped for a conversion, a few reinforcement bars here n there with a good clutch and preferably a new turbine there would pretty much end up like an evo but hardly can see the entire conversion anywhere these days.
    LIVE 4 NOTHING .........................BUT DIE 4 SOMETHING

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The thing with rx8 is that in rotory it almost behaves like a mid engine rear wheel drive car and people are surprised when it behaves like a proper front engine rear wheel drive car.
    My favorite swaps are 1jzgte twin turbo if you are power hungry and want a supraisque experience . If you want a daily runner, reliable and almost rotory handling than 1gge . Its down on power but is the most fun in corners.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rx8 has lost repect in th eyes of Car enthusiasts in pakistan not because its a bad car but due the the fact that it is mostly owned by choo***$. Its still a great car and i own one and i don't consider myself a choo***.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think datpak hates rx8s , he won't even allow one in his workshop .. just joking but i am serious.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

about datpak : he is a great guy and i have never heard anyone talk bad about him plus the car scene in peshawar would not be the same if it wasn't for him.for sure he doesn't need my endorsement , just to clear things up.like xulfiqar is in his own league and so is datpak.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

doc sir u r too kind.yes i dont like rx8s.neither want to work on them.they dont appeal to me for some reason.besides doing a proper swapped rx8 will cost a lot of money as does with any other car but no one is willing to do it.reason being the cost of a proper swapped 8 would be doublt to what a normal swapped 8 would be.so ultimately at the time of resale the guy would be loosing a lot.afterall we live in a country where we think of a cars resale value before even buying it.
    Dazed and confused.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and no the chassis differences between a lancer and a evo are way too much to be replicated easily.if u want a 100 percent copy u need to swap firewalls which is illegal.theres a reason why the roiginal and converts have a 200 to 250kg weight difference.
    Dazed and confused.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and no the chassis differences between a lancer and a evo are way too much to be replicated easily.if u want a 100 percent copy u need to swap firewalls which is illegal.theres a reason why the roiginal and converts have a 200 to 250kg weight difference.

It was fascinating (comical infact) when I saw people acting all pomp and Mr Mitsubishi themselves in Karachi, Pakistan when claiming that mitsubishi just bolt parts to the family saloon Lancer and make it an evolution. Hand over heart, I dont smoke but I actually asked for a ciggie to see if I can get my head around that.

tried it - didnt work.. acted dumb and deaf and left them alone. - it was "lektrik velding job" being measured with tailoring inch tape.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by doc.tarzan View Post
    about datpak : he is a great guy and i have never heard anyone talk bad about him plus the car scene in peshawar would not be the same if it wasn't for him.for sure he doesn't need my endorsement , just to clear things up.like xulfiqar is in his own league and so is datpak.
    thanks for the kind words.. I never knew people think Im that special.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i often drive mine and a friends convert back to back and immediately u can feel somethings off.i thought it was just in my head so took a friend for a ride in the convert.and as soon as we started he said somethings off.this doesnt feel light.although the car gets to be very light but with more than stockish power u start to feel the chassis twist and turn on launch or turns.some almost behave like a rwd car and fishtail.
    anyways id still take a converted evo over a swapped rx8.
    Dazed and confused.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i often drive mine and a friends convert back to back and immediately u can feel somethings off.i thought it was just in my head so took a friend for a ride in the convert.and as soon as we started he said somethings off.this doesnt feel light.although the car gets to be very light but with more than stockish power u start to feel the chassis twist and turn on launch or turns.some almost behave like a rwd car and fishtail.
    anyways id still take a converted evo over a swapped rx8.
    oh yes, a factory evolution is quite stiff and the huge weight difference does count. OTOH, a mazda RX8 is really great fun like a toyota GT86, a swapped RX8 is like garnishing a plate of biryani with a pound of cheap ghee.

It gets worse when people assume the mazda RX8 is a supercar.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I dont know much about it,so came here to get ideas.!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List