3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default -=- Pakwheels Formula 1 League - 09 -=-

The PakWheels Formula 1 League is back!!!!! -- Pakwheels Formula 1 League - 09 -- -576636
    -- Pakwheels Formula 1 League - 09 -- -576637
    The PW F1 Fantasy Game is played on the Yahoo F1 Fantasy application. All you need to do is click on the following link: http://uk.f1.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1
    After you register on the site with your yahoo ID it gives you the option of joining a group or creating your own group etc. To join the Pakwheels group all you need is the group ID number and group password. ====================
    Group Name PakWheels Group ID# 110 Group Password pak1 ====================
    RULES
    =========

The rules are basic and simple. 1. You can not enter multiple teams 2. Names of teams should be unique (No two teams of the same name). 3. No team can be named PakWheels or Pakistan.. etc. 4. Once you are in, you have to take part continuously in the league, if a team is found inactive for three races, it will be deleted. 5. All members have to post the names of the teams in this thread as all unclaimed teams will also be deleted.

Yahoo Fantasy League Rules

Maximum Start Details
    * Each driver in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Grand Prix can be an active member of your team in no more than four races. * Once a driver has reached the four-race limit, he will no longer accumulate any fantasy points for your team even if he occupies an active roster spot. This limit does not change no matter when you join the game. * Your driver's start totals will not reset at that half-way point of the season. If you start your driver four times during the first half of the season, he will not be eligible to earn ANY fantasy points (neither qualifying nor start points) for the remainder of the season. * If you reach the four-race limit for a driver on your current roster, you will not be able to release him and subsequently reacquire him. You may keep the driver on your roster, but he will no longer accumulate any points. * If a driver is on your active roster for a given race but does not drive in that real-life event, he will not be credited with a race started. * The number of races each driver has started for you will be listed along with all of his other stats.
    Enjoy!

New Comers and First Timers
    The game is simple at every race weekend you guys have to select three drivers and one team. The drivers are divided into two groups List A drivers and List B drivers. You have to choose one List A driver and two List B drivers. There is also a selection limit that is you cannot select any driver or team more than four times. Your selected drivers and teams will score points on there performance through out the weekend i.e. qualifying and race result.
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Another possibly wet weekend is around the corner so have your picks and also can you please tell me in which season we have the most numbers of wet races.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

I am looking at the time sheets. The Brawn GP, Ferrari and Hamilton look good but it's just the first free practice. Plenty of time to look over the times and decide on team and drivers although i have a pretty good idea who i might be picking as i have run out of Brawn GP

I have no clue when we had the most wet races in a season. You got some information for us regarding that?
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all

Here are my picks for this weekend

Driver A Fernando Alonso

Drivers B Mark Webber and Timo Glock

Team Mclaren Mercedes

@UK

Not so much but on wikipedia found the history of F1 article here is the link, looks like no one is interested in taken the record of wet races. Still searching for the required info.

Wikipedia
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I picked Hamilton, Rosberg and Webber as my drivers and Ferrari as my team. I flirted with the idea of Picking Alonso, but decided to go for Hamilton, because this might be one of the few tracks where his car might be fast enough. Alonso has looked very fast in the two practice sessions, but his car is good enough to score points on faster tracks too while the Mclaren is pretty hopeless. Rosberg, i just had to pick him because soon we 'll will run out of decent options from the "B" list and again this might be a track where he can get a point or two unlike other tracks. Ferrari, because they look like a safe bet for a podium. Although the last time they won here was 2001.

I left Button because i feel the law of averages might catch up with him, but given the season he has had, i won't bet against him wining yet another race, and that too the most prestigious of the lot. If i had Rubens left, i would have picked him.

@genius83

I have looked too but cant find any info.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

You were a bit unlucky I guess because Rosberg just misses the Pole Position. Again StarSports Race Central just give me a stomachache,"in the Q3 the commentary was like this so Raikkonen is fastest in S2 and Button goes faster then him at S2." How could 2 drivers could compete against eachother when the provisional polesitter is a 3rd driver. Sometimes when commentators say some good things about someone and if he blows it, this is known as commentators curse and todays victim of this curse is Nelson Piquet jnr. who was doing good before SteveSlater say something good about him and he immediately spun.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Hamilton missed out too, even with that one lap he was fast enough for ummm what is it 16th? He would probably have been somewhere at the front end of the grid, but his spin and going out of qualifying gave me more pleasure than his first place and 1 points would have

The site you posted is quite good although the picture on it froze today just as Hamilton spun so i had to listen to Mr Slatter and Alex yoong who kept saying this is the first "Q" this is the second "Q" !! and Steve " the idiot" Slatter screaming in Q2, " they are all out and rolling the dice and gambling in Monaco"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my cards are playing real well
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i picked Button, Barichello and Hamilton (over Massa) and team BRAWN. played out well except for Hamilton.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Got the answer I was looking for the most number of wet races although it is still not 100% accurate according to the poster but still it is good that something I found as a lead now I can work on it. The answer comes from a Forum named F1db where the topic poster was the moderator/administrator level member and the answer comes from a member who still have some doubt. So here is the question and the answer

spanTimes New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;"Which was the season with the most wet GPs?(both in number and percentage)
    dont know but assume 1981 - a lot of (at least partial) wet races

spanTimes New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;"

Link

UK, delete those teams from the league who have not change their drivers for last 2 races.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

If the teams who have been inactive for the last two races are deleted, we will have a pretty bad scenario. Team of a certain weasel, and one of a genius would be the last two which reminds me of question i been meaning to ask. What exactly is your strategy this time around? I know you have explained it a few times, but can you please share the logic of not using Brawn GP at Monaco?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

I do know what you mean about having my and beglar's fantasy teams on last 2 spots but it is still better then having a bad impression of our group in the main league because if I understand it correctly our group position is based on the percentage of active teams in the group so if we have 15 to 20 teams but all are active then our group position willbe getting better after every race and that is good rather having 40 teams and only 20 to 25 teams active which means our group ishaving only 60+% of its total capacity.

As for why i don't use Brawn in Monaco I have a feeling they may be having some problems in Monaco but all goes well for them so now I am regretting my decision of not using them.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Removed most. Left one guy who is at the bottom because he has one active driver left guess he too will be removed in two weeks time.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Congratulations Nadal is out of French open and Now Federer have to face Djokovic and Murray. So lets wait and see what happens at the next sunday.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Thanks. I have mixed feelings about it. If Federer is to win the French open, i would have much preferred it that he played Nadal. If he won that would be great, if not too bad. With Nadal out, and Federer, not having the greatest of seasons, i am not so sure. Had this been another year, `05,`06,`07 or even `08, the title would have been Federer's for the taking for sure and no one would have even brought up the fact that Nadal was knocked out. Should Federer win this year, we will hear a lot about Nadal not being there.

Djokovic has long been thrown out of the French open. He went before Nadal. Off the top four, only Federer and Murray remain in the draw, and if they win their matches are likely to meet in the semi-final. The winner of that would , i guess be the eventual winner. Let it be anyone but Murry!

Federer is a set down, but leads in the second set with a break of serve against Haas right now.

Some time later

Make that two sets to love down against a man who is unseeded here, and who last beat Federer in 2002

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Congratulations, Fedex have won a classic comeback from 0-2 downunder to 3-2 win and the result is 6-7, 5-7, 6-4, 6-0, 6-2. He certainly deserves the victory because after Nadal out I really want Fedex to win the title and sorry about Djokovic I forget that he was already gone.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Thanks bro, but on the evidence of how he played yesterday, i doubt he can win the title. He will need to play a lot better than that to have any hope.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Don't worry, he needs something like that to revive his passion for winning and especially the way he broke 3 times the serve in the 4th set to take the game 6-0. It really shows he wants to win the title this season. Also Roddick is out and he lost to Monfils in a straight set.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Sorry, think i got it wrong. Murray is in the other half of the draw, and not in Federer's half. So, the only time they are likely to meet is if both make the final. Anyway, Federer's pick to make the final from that half of the draw is Nikolay Davydenko or Fernando Gonzalez, and not Andy Murray, who is a set down right now against Gonzalez.

As for the Roddick match, it would have been better if he had won. He is hopeless against Federer, 18-2 record, and he would not have had the French crowd supporting him. They will all be behind Monfils, as much as all of them want Federer to win.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Murray is also out beaten by Gonzalez with the score 6-3, 3-6, 6-0, 6-4.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Congratulations Fedex in the Semis beating Monfils in a straight set 7-6, 6-2, 6-4.

@all

Pick your teams the racing weekend is arriving.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

User Tag List