3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default -=- Pakwheels Formula 1 League - 09 -=-

The PakWheels Formula 1 League is back!!!!! -- Pakwheels Formula 1 League - 09 -- -576636
    -- Pakwheels Formula 1 League - 09 -- -576637
    The PW F1 Fantasy Game is played on the Yahoo F1 Fantasy application. All you need to do is click on the following link: http://uk.f1.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1
    After you register on the site with your yahoo ID it gives you the option of joining a group or creating your own group etc. To join the Pakwheels group all you need is the group ID number and group password. ====================
    Group Name PakWheels Group ID# 110 Group Password pak1 ====================
    RULES
    =========

The rules are basic and simple. 1. You can not enter multiple teams 2. Names of teams should be unique (No two teams of the same name). 3. No team can be named PakWheels or Pakistan.. etc. 4. Once you are in, you have to take part continuously in the league, if a team is found inactive for three races, it will be deleted. 5. All members have to post the names of the teams in this thread as all unclaimed teams will also be deleted.

Yahoo Fantasy League Rules

Maximum Start Details
    * Each driver in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Grand Prix can be an active member of your team in no more than four races. * Once a driver has reached the four-race limit, he will no longer accumulate any fantasy points for your team even if he occupies an active roster spot. This limit does not change no matter when you join the game. * Your driver's start totals will not reset at that half-way point of the season. If you start your driver four times during the first half of the season, he will not be eligible to earn ANY fantasy points (neither qualifying nor start points) for the remainder of the season. * If you reach the four-race limit for a driver on your current roster, you will not be able to release him and subsequently reacquire him. You may keep the driver on your roster, but he will no longer accumulate any points. * If a driver is on your active roster for a given race but does not drive in that real-life event, he will not be credited with a race started. * The number of races each driver has started for you will be listed along with all of his other stats.
    Enjoy!

New Comers and First Timers
    The game is simple at every race weekend you guys have to select three drivers and one team. The drivers are divided into two groups List A drivers and List B drivers. You have to choose one List A driver and two List B drivers. There is also a selection limit that is you cannot select any driver or team more than four times. Your selected drivers and teams will score points on there performance through out the weekend i.e. qualifying and race result.
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My picks

A Driver: Massa

B Drivers: Webber and Barichello

Team: RBR.

So far looks good for me, let see if the top two actually hold thier spots tomorrow.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A: Massa

B: Webber, Trulli

C: Brawn

Didnt watch the qualifying but saw the word "chaotic" being used quite a bit. Should be a good grand prix. I hope Webber pulls through for me here... need the points! Good luck ya'll!
    “I can't really imagine life without Formula One,” - Michael Schumacher

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here are my picks for Hungarian GP

Driver A Lewis Hamilton

Drivers B Nico Rosberg and Kazuki Nakajima

Team Mclaren Mercedes
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is a tough one! Having saved Button for one race, either this or Valencia, i am not quite sure if the gamble will pay off. The Mclarens are looking good and will be competitive but doubt yesterday's showing is reflective of their real pace, they did low fuel runs in both practice sessions. RedBull are right up there too. Anyway;

A: Hamilton ( sadly)

B: Button and Rosberg

Team: Ferrari
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I picked Barichello for this one thinking that this would probably be his last chance of scoring some big points after seeing the other tams catch up to BRAWNs, but unfortunate mechanical error costed him dearly. I picked McLaren for this race cuz i think they have the best chance of scoring their maximum points on this track. My picks:

A Driver: Heiki.

B Drivers: Webber, Barichello (I had picked Rosberg earlier but switched at the last moment after reading UK's comments abt how well this track would suit BRAWNs, now i regret it).

Team: McLaren.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@raptor21

Dude, you changed your picks based on what i said!! Ask anyone here, we only change our picks when the wise one, "lefty" showers this place with it's wisdom. No pun intended

On a serious note, this is as good as it will probably get for the Brawn GP team. If they don't get anything from here and Valencia they will not get anything anywhere, at least on merit. Rubens would have been in the top ten had that spring not come off his suspension but man, why would you pick Barrichello? especially if you have Button left. Having said that, Button is the heaviest of the runners in the top ten and i think he will be very careful and not do anything silly. He knows the race will come to him, some points are better than no points.

Now look at my picks I feel like Dr Mario Thieseen. Having thrown everything at their `09 car he has nothing to show for it. I threw everything at this race, a Mclaren driver, a Brawn driver, two Ferrari drivers and Nico Rosberg, and i have nothing to show for it, at least for now.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

LOL! Lefty's a bit shaken up still but managed to pick hamilton through the haze eh...

Man what's a guy got to do to climb the f1 league ladder a bit. No matter how good the picks are one cant quite move ones position for the positive. The stagnation is getting to me... hell I had hamilton for this race and webber and trulli i think... should have chosen mclaren as the team instead of toyota but the whole thing about putting all of ones eggs in one basket kept bothering me... granted toyota wasnt a good pick to hedge ones bets... still I dont like languishing in 12th so if the 11 above can have a really awful European GP or hell if they could refrain from making picks... it would be much appreciated... thank you in advance!
    “I can't really imagine life without Formula One,” - Michael Schumacher

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@beglar

Maybe you are being punished for nothing sharing lefty's undoubted wisdom with us ?

Looking at your options for the rest of the season, i think you are in pretty good shape to be honest. Sixty odd points behind the leader with the options you have at your disposal is a pretty good position to be in. Most of the guys infront have used up all their RedBull and Brawn team and driver options and should theoretically be looking at one more good race only. After that, barring a miracle they should be drawing blanks i should think.

You got a couple of Redbulls left, Webber as well and Raikkonen for a couple of races too, plus you have used Massa, so his loss won't affect you so much as it would others like me. You have the dark knight for another three races, and if their car has really improved, which i don't think it has, you should be in pretty good shape going into the second half of the championship. You are like Redbull, fighting and trying to catch up or shall i say you are going to " come from behind" LOL! Had to say that bit

I came to the conclusion after a couple of races this season that to try and win this thing one should adopt Prost's approach, keep chipping away at points each race right to the end.

Thinking about next year, both Red Bull drivers would be in the A list, at least one Brawn GP driver would be in the A list, both Mclaren and Ferrari drivers would be in the A list, and assuming Alonso is not at Ferrari ( very unlikely ) and maybe one BMW or both BMW drivers in the A list. That means ten drivers will be left in the B list who will have a realistic chance of scoring anything, not counting the three new teams who will be hopeless. So we'll be picking Nakajema and hopping he does not crash and finishes the race so we can collect ONE point for him having finished the race.

p.s. yes, Toyota was a very odd choice for this race. Without Alonso and Vettel's DNF's and Massa being there, Toyota would not have scored anything just like Button wouldn't have scored a point either.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Lookslike I have to fight with beglar for the rest of the season. Just a question do yahoo updates the drivers list after 2 changes have already been done and most probably one more is on the card.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

You mean whether yahoo tells you if you can use the driver for one more race? Yes they do. Once you reach the magical number of four, it becomes red. If i misunderstood the question, I'm sorry.

As for you fighting Beglar, you are in pretty good shape too.You have the dark knight left for three races, Mclaren for two, Rubens for one, Rosberg for one, RedBull for two races, Raikkonen for two, Mark Webber for one and Vettel for two races!! You look in great shape, and i am sure you have your strategy worked out pretty good.

I have no decent A list driver left. I used Hamilton, used Raikkonen for 2 or three times. Didn't use Massa a lot and now he wont be available. So i am only left with Alonso and after that it's Heikki, Heidfeld and Kubica

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

kimi ...hamilton alonso ,,,kubica,,,rubens,,,left with me
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

No, I mean that as Bourdais is being replaced by Jaime and Massa will also replace by someone as it is a 100% known thing that he will not be able to come back to the F1 for this season. Nelson is on the verge of getting the boot. We certainly can't choose anyone of them from now onwards so will yahoo change them with the drivers that are being replacing them in reality.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

I am not sure if they do that. Hope they do it by say putting Massa/whoever and same with Bourdais. If they don't do it, i am left with picking Heikki, Kubica and Heidfeld for the rest of the races

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all

The summer holidays for F1 are over and now we are heading towards the European GP so pick your drivers and teams for the GP, also remember don't select Massa, Bourdais and Nelson as they are no longer part of F1 for this season.

@UK

You are now been stranded with selecting Heidfeld, Kubica and Heiki so Michal's abscene has certainly hurt your team in League.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, start your engines, the GP is round the corner.

@genius83

I have a couple of good or lets just say decent options for five of the seven races remaining. Raikkonen and Alonso. After that, it's Heikki, Heidfeld, Kubica and Badoer, if he is put in the A list. I am still not convinced the A drivers can win races on merit but it would have been better if the choices were not the two BMW drivers, Heidfeld and Badoer

I am trying to win this thing the Prost way. Doesn't seem to be working for now, but we will see at the end of the season. We are having crazy rain right now, been going on the last hour or so, before everything is knocked out, I am going to try and pick my team and drivers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My picks for the European GP are

Driver A Lewis Hamilton

Drivers B Rubens Barrichello and Luca Badoer

Team Renault
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all

Belgium GP is this weekend so pick your PFL teams before the closing times.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

And have you picked Badoer as your B driver? Maybe Beglar under the influence of medication might pick him as his B driver and Heikki as his A driver?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Correct, and Here are my picks for the weekend

Driver A Kimi Raikkonen

Drivers B Luca Badoer and Nico Rosberg

Team Williams
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@All

Monza is around the corner so pick your drivers and team for this weekend.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

User Tag List