3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default -=- Pakwheels Formula 1 League - 09 -=-

The PakWheels Formula 1 League is back!!!!! -- Pakwheels Formula 1 League - 09 -- -576636
    -- Pakwheels Formula 1 League - 09 -- -576637
    The PW F1 Fantasy Game is played on the Yahoo F1 Fantasy application. All you need to do is click on the following link: http://uk.f1.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1
    After you register on the site with your yahoo ID it gives you the option of joining a group or creating your own group etc. To join the Pakwheels group all you need is the group ID number and group password. ====================
    Group Name PakWheels Group ID# 110 Group Password pak1 ====================
    RULES
    =========

The rules are basic and simple. 1. You can not enter multiple teams 2. Names of teams should be unique (No two teams of the same name). 3. No team can be named PakWheels or Pakistan.. etc. 4. Once you are in, you have to take part continuously in the league, if a team is found inactive for three races, it will be deleted. 5. All members have to post the names of the teams in this thread as all unclaimed teams will also be deleted.

Yahoo Fantasy League Rules

Maximum Start Details
    * Each driver in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Grand Prix can be an active member of your team in no more than four races. * Once a driver has reached the four-race limit, he will no longer accumulate any fantasy points for your team even if he occupies an active roster spot. This limit does not change no matter when you join the game. * Your driver's start totals will not reset at that half-way point of the season. If you start your driver four times during the first half of the season, he will not be eligible to earn ANY fantasy points (neither qualifying nor start points) for the remainder of the season. * If you reach the four-race limit for a driver on your current roster, you will not be able to release him and subsequently reacquire him. You may keep the driver on your roster, but he will no longer accumulate any points. * If a driver is on your active roster for a given race but does not drive in that real-life event, he will not be credited with a race started. * The number of races each driver has started for you will be listed along with all of his other stats.
    Enjoy!

New Comers and First Timers
    The game is simple at every race weekend you guys have to select three drivers and one team. The drivers are divided into two groups List A drivers and List B drivers. You have to choose one List A driver and two List B drivers. There is also a selection limit that is you cannot select any driver or team more than four times. Your selected drivers and teams will score points on there performance through out the weekend i.e. qualifying and race result.
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all
    Here are ny picks for this week's Malaysian GP
    Driver A
    Robert Kubica

Drivers B
    Jarno Trulli
    Timo Glock

Team
    Sauber BMW

And I think I have not put my all eggs in one basket this time
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Interesting.

I`d suggest again you wait for tomorrow`s free practice before making up your mind about team and drivers.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    The problem is that the whole practice session occurs during the sunny part of the day while the qualifying and race happens when the rain chances are around 80+%. So if I choose a driver on the performance of practice session the chances are they will slip out of the race as soon as rain comes down and then I will become a total sitting duck loosing points as rain falls continue.

Although I will check the timings of practice session tomorrow before concluding my picks.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

This could be a very different race from the one we saw in Australia be it wet or dry.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    After seeing the times of practice 1 or 2 I am confused because practice 1 have been led by the diffuser cars while practice 2 is been led by non diffuser cars. During practice 1 the track temperature was around 45+ and it was humid too while during practice 2 the track temperature comes down to 37 and their is a bit of wind too. Clouds are also gathering over the track indicating tomorrow could be a wet qualifying and the race could also be a wet race.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

I have changed my picks for the weekend, here are my new picks

Driver A Nick Heidfield

Drivers B Jarno Trulli Nico Rosberg

Team Red Bull Renault
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Red Bull would have been a good choice, but Vettel, has a ten place grid penalty. I don`t know if he can recover from that given how close it is at the front. Heidfeld would have been a good choice/safe choice but BMW are yet to decide whether to use KERS this weekend.

Let`s see what lefty says.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lefty feels the rain is going to come down and we are going to see some spins as these drivers get their second showing on the slicks and first race using them in the wet... Vettel is going to recover and unless some unfortunate incident occurs he will probably finissh in the points...

As for the A drivers... i agree the KERS issue is a dodgy one so Heidfeld is a bit iffy... i would back a ferrari driver for this race... they need to remove kovalainen from the A driver list and put someone else in there... thats not a reflection on the driver but the car he is driving... it screws up the whole A drivevr selection...

the team performances are still panning out... I would have even dared to venture with BMW because I like Kubica on the wet track too and seeing how he drove in the aussie gp, if you disregad his blunder of changing gears when going through the turn overtaking vettel, and heidfeld if aided by his KERS both could end up in the points... almost every team has some issues though so choose yourr poison...

As for my selection... lefty advises me that there is some black magic being applied on the forum thus i should avoid disclosing my choices for the GP... yes I mean you UK... cursing between friends indeed...

A: KR B: Vet, But T: BGP
    “I can't really imagine life without Formula One,” - Michael Schumacher

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@beglar

Your picks certainly works in the qualifying but Kimi is wasted now have to wait and see what he will do tomorrow.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK and beglar

Looks like in the tennis arena Fedex and Nadal both are out of Miami open and the final will be played between Djokovic and Andy Murray.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hopefully this will be the last time lefty influences and clouds our judgment regarding the driver from the "A" list advocating Raikkonen! I didn't have much of a choice after Alonso fell ill. He was my choice for this GP, he is good in the wet, Renault have KERS, and the other drivers in the leading teams were not going to do much better than him anyway. Kubica without KERS was not really a choice for me for this race. BMW were waiting to decide on KERS for Heidfeld, Ferrari cannot win on merit and Mclaren....oh well enough said about them.

Hopping for rain.

@genius83

I swicthed it off in the third set when Federer failed to break back

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Do I hear you correctly you are asking for rain as for using Kimi I have said that before and even my strategy suggest that please never used Reds in rain.

On a side note do I get points for Redbull on qualifying or not?
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Yes bro, i am hopping for rain. Having picked Brawn GP as my team and Button and Rubens as my "B" drivers i have to wish for rain. I had no choice but to pick Raikkonen after Alonso was ruled out.

Yes, you will get points for Red Bull qualifying.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I didnt go flat out this time. Well, yes, this is the best time to pick Brawn, who knows how post-Spain will unfold. But, having said that, I think the gap is massive and don't mind me saying this, I think Brawn are looking good for the title.
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So bringing back from 10 days hibernation still waiting for diffuser issue settlement so have not selected the drivers will select just after the announcement of settlement.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

If the diffusers are deemed legal and as expected we have other teams putting them on their cars within two races won't you have missed a good oppurtunity to score good points in the first two races? What does you strategy say about that, don't you feel it was gamble worth taking?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Good point but its a gamble worth 1 against million so I don't think I have miss any good points and the thing is even my choices were not bad and both time I have been lost due to some racing incident so I have no regrets now I have all the 8 using oppurtunities of drivers and the 4 team oppurtunites left have to use it with cleverness. As for my strategy I have clearly point towards this that use those teams which are far more experience with the ruling of DD. Either way the settlement occurs I will have good choices.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all

So we are expecting yet another wet race because of rain predictions in Shanghai this weekend.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@beglar

Wishing you a very happy birthday and as a gift here is a latest joke on Heiki.

So if the rumours are true and Lewis leave Mclaren who will replace him. This is the question worrying everyone but the answer is so simple that they save the Lewis car for Heiki so as he crash his car in first corner of future races he should ran back to pits and get in the Lewis car and goes out again. Question why not set the Lewis car in starting mode on the first corner so just after the crash Heiki could get it straight away and it also save the time of him coming back to pits and going back. Reason because the chances of him crashing into Lewis car are high.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius

Hey thanks a lot buddy. And I enjoyed the present... funny indeed. I can just picture heiki pulling off something like that.

So the red are running without the kers system this weekend... i guess they are going to stay out of contention for a bit... i have begun to think the only hope ferrari have of any sort of performance is from massa... and thats only if they are able to develop their double decker diffuser quick... but then they have admitted that it will take them time to develop it... they may even be the last of the cars to adopt it. Lets see how the pit shakeup works out for them... they will have a new guy incharge of the pit this weekend... frankly i think they need to kick out their statisticians...

this weekend i'm going to wet my beak with one of the williams cars... probably rosberg... i havent been following F1 very closely for the past two weeks... any news on any of the non-diffuser teams using the new design this weekend or is it going to be the just the brawn, williams, and toyota using them this weekend again?
    “I can't really imagine life without Formula One,” - Michael Schumacher

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

User Tag List