3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default -=- Pakwheels Formula 1 League - 09 -=-

The PakWheels Formula 1 League is back!!!!! -- Pakwheels Formula 1 League - 09 -- -576636
    -- Pakwheels Formula 1 League - 09 -- -576637
    The PW F1 Fantasy Game is played on the Yahoo F1 Fantasy application. All you need to do is click on the following link: http://uk.f1.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1
    After you register on the site with your yahoo ID it gives you the option of joining a group or creating your own group etc. To join the Pakwheels group all you need is the group ID number and group password. ====================
    Group Name PakWheels Group ID# 110 Group Password pak1 ====================
    RULES
    =========

The rules are basic and simple. 1. You can not enter multiple teams 2. Names of teams should be unique (No two teams of the same name). 3. No team can be named PakWheels or Pakistan.. etc. 4. Once you are in, you have to take part continuously in the league, if a team is found inactive for three races, it will be deleted. 5. All members have to post the names of the teams in this thread as all unclaimed teams will also be deleted.

Yahoo Fantasy League Rules

Maximum Start Details
    * Each driver in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Grand Prix can be an active member of your team in no more than four races. * Once a driver has reached the four-race limit, he will no longer accumulate any fantasy points for your team even if he occupies an active roster spot. This limit does not change no matter when you join the game. * Your driver's start totals will not reset at that half-way point of the season. If you start your driver four times during the first half of the season, he will not be eligible to earn ANY fantasy points (neither qualifying nor start points) for the remainder of the season. * If you reach the four-race limit for a driver on your current roster, you will not be able to release him and subsequently reacquire him. You may keep the driver on your roster, but he will no longer accumulate any points. * If a driver is on your active roster for a given race but does not drive in that real-life event, he will not be credited with a race started. * The number of races each driver has started for you will be listed along with all of his other stats.
    Enjoy!

New Comers and First Timers
    The game is simple at every race weekend you guys have to select three drivers and one team. The drivers are divided into two groups List A drivers and List B drivers. You have to choose one List A driver and two List B drivers. There is also a selection limit that is you cannot select any driver or team more than four times. Your selected drivers and teams will score points on there performance through out the weekend i.e. qualifying and race result.
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@beglar

This weekend five teams are using DD diffuser and these are Brawn, Williams, Toyota, Renault and Mclaren. Mclaren is the only team using interim DD diffuser.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@beglar

Belated Happy Birthday dude!

Here, write an email wishing yourself on your birthday from my side I couldn't send it for obvious reasons.

http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Another GP weekend another dilemma. Usually after a couple of races one gets a good idea of who is competitive, but there are so many variables this season. No one of the "A" drivers looks capable of winning right now so it's more a case of which one is likely to score a few points or who is useless enough to be used till such time that these cars are fast enough to win, and i know there is only one useless driver in the "A" list, Heikki Kovalainen.

@genius83

I haven't seen anywhere that Renault are using a new rear wing or the diffuser. All I've read so far is about the Mclaren. Where did you read the Renault stuff? I know it's on planetf1, but no where has it been reported that Renault used one today. Waiting to see if they did.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My picks for this weekend are

Driver A Robert Kubica

Drivers B Jenson Button Timo Glock

Team Toyota

@UK

That career mail is really Hilarious.

I said about Renault that it is still a rumour but what I have seen on Planet F1 is they are about to use the new DD in the tomorrow's Practice Session 3. I also don't understand why they don't use that diffuser if they have it today. I don't know but I have a feeling that if Red bull redesign their car it will become scrap because they are the only team without DD diffuser and still challenging the Brawn's.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Thanks for the birthday wish and the link... that monkey looked sort of like my boss... well an albino version of it would I guess...

I have made my picks but I have to say I am embarassed about it... so embarassed in fact that I am not going to say who my pick was for the A driver and in doing so may have already disclosed who he is...

I initially picked alonso but then wasnt very impressed with the practice session... granted one cant judge the cars on the practice session alone but it does give one an inkling as to how they might perform... although as Kubica has already shown in the first grand prix of the season that if the car isnt performing well in practice doesnt mean it wont perform in qualifying and on race day... but either way once a certain someone picked up the pace I changed my pick...

When I heard Kubica was using the kers I thought better of picking him... he may end up in the points but he is gonna have to drive a hell of a race to make up for the extra weight on board (and he is capable of it too)

B drivers: Jensen and Rosberg

Rosberg did pretty well in the last grand prix so lets see what he can pull off in China...

Team: Brawn...

Brawn are hot right now so might aswell capitalize on that before the eventuality hits eh...
    “I can't really imagine life without Formula One,” - Michael Schumacher

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@beglar

I have to question the wisdom of picking you know who. Why not pick NO "A" driver at all? if you are going to pick who i think you have picked! At least that way you will have an excuse if you don't score decent points. The guy you have picked was not given the Mclaren DDD today. Kubica only used KERS in Friday's practice to see if he could use it in the race. The answer is no i suspect.

All the rumours of Renault using a DD diffuser tomorrow is confusingand they might not run with KERS. I have not picked the entire Brawn team this time and spread out my picks because of reliability fears. So, i am going with the dark knight, Rosberg,Trulli and Brawn GP.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

from me team brown all the way
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i own raptor21.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am going to change my drivers. Rosberg won't do, the Williams is losing a lot of time on the option tires.

@rapor21

Welcome.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ UK

too bad, Rosberg was the fastest in Saturdays practice. i think he is gonna do good this weekend. i sure did pick him.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the moment I heard that renault would be using DD in qualifying I re-did my picks... have alonso there... he almost let me down but came through in the end... I have a feeling that pace is the result of a light load there... he will probably fade during the race unless the renault mechanics have actually struck some form here... I have to say this qualifying was very entertaining... really chuffed for Vettel... the b@$tard deserves it... looks like the red bull cars were fueled by red bull (the beverage itself I mean) those cars were flying in the end...

I'm quite happy with my picks for the weekend... well apart from the fact that I picked Button over rubens... thats still bothering me... come on rubens man PULL ONE OFF!!!!!

the fantasy league needs to add some drivers in the A list otherwise pretty soon its gonna be slim pickings... it sort of already is...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The theme running through Pakwheels F1 league is Brawn GP as team, mostly Hamilton as A driver and people going with Button and Roseberg with few exceptions who had insight from different parts of their anatomy to help them pick Alonso. There are a few who have picked Kubica or Heidfeld. Interestingly no one that i checked has opted for either Ferrari driver.

I am pretty happy with my picks. I went for Rubens and not for Button, and changed Roseberg with Trulli. Hamilton is the only one i could realistically pick. I obviously don't have the same luxury as beglar

@raptor21

Rosberg, for some strange reason starts to fade as the weekend progresses

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a second... you picked hamilton?!Inspite of there being a chance that alonso may or may not be using an interim DD (which he did)... ?! I am surprised... though I had initially the same pick as stated above. I am seriously hoping for alonso to kick it into gear... no offense to Button, and let me tell you the brit has really impressed me with his driving thus far DD or no DD, but drivers like alonso, kimi, yes even hamilton are a site to watch once they get into their element.

I agree with you on rosberg... he starts well but just can't seem to finish... I hope that trait does not effect other aspects of his life (yep... I said it)...

good on you for picking rubens over button.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@beglar

The thought of picking Alonso, didn't even cross my mind. I wasn't sure about the DD diffuser on his car, and even if he had one yesterday i would not have picked him. I expect him to give me ten points when i pick him which will be the case once the European season is well and truly under way. Right now these "A" drivers are only fighting for third or fourth place. The only driver i could sacrifice was Hamilton. That car sucks and i don't think they will be getting near to the front anytime soon. Given that he had the DD diffuser, is running KERS and is a little more talented than Heidfeld, i thought he would be a better choice.

I was so looking forward to you going with Heikki as your A driver By changing your driver you have ruined my weekend. No comments about the Rosberg situation

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@beglar and UK

Here is a twitch in tomorrow's GP weather update. Rain is expected in the ending moments of the GP may be a Spa in the making or if starts early Monza is repeated.

Live: Chinese Grand Prix Weather

M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

You seriously thought i would pick heiki?! Well... there is a case to be made for that... not! Unless we were looking at a grand prix of bumper cars i think not...

I like the spin you're giving to having picked hamilton... it almost seems logical but you will not escape from being the first hamilton hating guy who picked hamilton... hamilton lover...

Now that the fifth grade stuff is out of the way... I agree its the european leg of the season thats gonna kick up the dust... I was really hoping this season would see kubica make gains but i guess this sort of a toss up is expected with massive rule changes and new technology being adopted...

toss the kers... enough said.

@genius

interesting weather update... should be good fun to see how it plays out...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Seems would be F1 world champion nearly came to blows with Richard Branson, who he thought was hitting on his girlfriend.

In other unrelated news the reigning F1 world champion missed the red light, again! and was involved in a small speed crash with another car. No one was hurt, but seems that Mr Hamilton ran a red light in Switzerland and hit another car.

@beglar

LOL! I seriously don't have the insight and wisdom of you know what.....yes exactly that! which made you pick Alonso though i was so looking forward to you picking Heikki, and don't deny that you had picked him for some time at least My plight is not enviable, i would love to see Hamilton circulate and finish 9th, on the other hand, I would want him to score a few points for my fantasy league team if possible.

Kubica will get his moment, but it might be too late in the season.

@genius83

Rain......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I picked Hamilton as my A driver thinking with the new DD difuser he would be the first of the midfield bunch catching up and hence possibly scoring some points right now. i should have picked Barrichello over Button after seeing the qualifying but i am pretty sure Button is gonna pass him on the track. and my last pick was Rosberg. i agree with you he does fade away as the weekend progresses, but i feel this is his time of scoring any points that he can cuz once the vultures catch up he would have no shot, so thought of using him now.

I agree with UK on Alonso, i think he's gonna be much more productive once the European leg of the season kicks in.

i should have used Heiki in the first two races which i didn't play. i just dont know what to do with him. i hope they give him a better car soon otherwise hes gonna mess up my points.

Rain might just spice up the proceedings.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

I wasnt embarassed about picking heiki... I was embarassed I had picked hamilton... heiki was a non-starter... although to be honest after looking at the grid clasification with the fuel loads worked into the equation i really wish i had picked....................................... no you know what inspite of the grid classification with the fuel load picked i would not have picked HIM...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@beglar and UK

Its amazing how some one who not score points could come back so strong that to finish ahead of the reigning WDC. Heiki should be very happy after today's performance. As for my PFL team I am doomed once again what BMW were thinking.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

User Tag List