Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Ravi-Piaggio Storm-125 Euro II bike

Ravi-Piaggio Storm-125 Euro II bike -613801

Ravi-Piaggio Storm-125 Euro II bike -613802

Ravi-Piaggio Storm-125 Euro II bike -613803

Ravi-Piaggio Storm-125 Euro II bike -613804

salaam

dostoon main app sub logon ki ray lana chata hun is bike k baray main keun k suna to bohat hai is bike k baray main but kuch log khatay hai k ya bike achi nahi hai soo mane shocha k keun na app sub ki ray li jahay is bike k baray main ........ soo plzz post karay appni ray k kya is bike ka engine honga k mukabalay ka hai jis thataan farz karay k aagir honga ka engine 5 years k bad banana parta hai to kaheen is ka engine 2 years main to nahi banana paray ga n is ki body honda k mukabalay main mazboot hai k nahi n mane ya b suna hai k ya bike box main pack aati hai or maliq khud is ka box open karta hai to kya ya sahi baat hai?
    Founder Of MBC(Multan Bikers Club)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Viper_995 View Post
    @ahmed1984mirza & @Ashfaq87
    Guys, you should seriously look back n read ur comments, its soo kiddish of youll behaving this way.. its like im all the way back in primary school. stop pickin points at each other.

@umer009, chery1, SMARTDEVIL
    Bro, need help with the running-in, i have currently done 300km.. wen should i get the first oil change and then the proceeding oil changes,
    2ndly, which oil to use in the Piaggio, i was thinking of Zic synthetic.
    3rdly, im riding under 60km, alternating bw gears upto the 5th gear, under 5.5k rpm, is that good enough, or should i slow down...
    lastly, wots the duration to cover, before i can get the tappets adjusted, as its really irritating?

Bro Viper_995 if your still in your breakin period then keep this in mind.
    I would not recomend Tappet adjustment any earlier than 900 Km Nor would I want it to be delayed more than 1000 Km.
    Reason for that let the machine get the ware out of it. stress it but dont overdo it. then the later on adjustments of tappets n stuff is totally up to your usage.
    besides theres another edge of it to get it done @ 900 to 1000 Km and that is you can have it covered in your free Tuneup being given to you by the company.
    this will sve you some charges of the mechanic
    another advantage is this that if you get it done then with the whole bike being tuned up you will feel the change and will be in a better position to judge the bikes performance and analize it for future Tuneup requirments.
    and you may have the Oil change as well only if you want, Thats what I do for my Rides uasually.
    this way youll have a All ready, Tuned up ready to run machine onhand

Last about your riding style, its ok if you shift between gears the concept is not to overdo things.
    like dont overdo the machine in any gear.
    and 55 to 60 Km/h is reasonable enough and the RPM in such case shall also not exceed 5 to 6 untill or unless your doing this speed in the first 3 gears

get the Idea bro ! do whatever but Ride Safe.
    Thanks & Best Regards Mustafa Parveiz
    (Cell: 0300-6620420 ) www.pakistanbikersclub.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@All
    Just got my 1st oil change at 370km n used the new Total 20w40 1litre bottle, costed me Rs.265 from the main oil depot in Akber Market. The company people suggested me to use Total for this bike. Lets see how it performs as its the first time im using Total. thou i have used Mobil, Zic, Caltex, Shell n Castrol GTX before.

@mehawk1,
    yeah Bro, thats exactly how im riding during run-in. I read the manual, honestly they need to do a better job at it, its very pathetic when one comes to comprehending it.

@umer009
    Yeah, i hear you about the synthetic oils, il change to it after my run-in period.

@chery1
    Yup, the tappet noise is pissing off. but even my mechanic said to bear it till around 1200 km.. lol that is a long time.... Secondly, wot shud be covered in tuning, any ideas here.

@SMARTDEVIL
    Well i live in Karachi city, so i usually drive in traffic condition(though i try n avoid it as much as i can, i hate standing at the signals). apart from that i drive pretty calmly, unless i get the itch to accelerate all a sudden.. lol.. cant do that on this till its in run-in.. I used Total this time.. lets c wot happens to it in a few hundred kilometers, else ill stick to synthetic oil.. Mobil 1 is available too, thou slightly more expensive.
    Klipsch, Sound For Life!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SMARTDEVIL View Post
    @ Viper_995.

Personally I preffer Caltex Havoline and I absolutely Dislike ZIC.
    This is a personal opinion based upon merely the look n feel of the Oil.
    I dislike the texture of Zic as it feels more artifical and makes me uncomfortable with the thot of having it run in my engine.
    Id like to ride free tension less.
    I have a habit of checking the texture of oil to be used by taking some of it on my hand n feeling it to judge how it may perform.
    This may not be the right way and is no way acurate n absolute but does give me a feeling of satisfaction along with stained hands

Additionally I belive Synthetic oils are good in motors that have older engines, those which may heat up at times as synthetic oils are better durable and perform better as they last longer in such extensive conditions.
    Well if my knowledge serves me correctly synth oils are recommended for newer high performance engines since they need the most protection, cuz of their early life cycle. n since they hit higher rpms n are pushed to their limits more often than old motors, hence they need the added protection. I remeber i used the ZIC n i touched it.. trust me it was thin, but very very slippry, i had to wash my hands around 3 times to get it off.. so i beleive the internals would be better lubed with synth oil. Secondly, they have a longer running duration than regular mineral based oil..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@SMARTDEVIL
    Congrats on your ride, looks gud man.
    If i may, give sum advice regarding it.
    1stly, ask a friend to help you n pull up on the side stand, so that your bike falls more towards the ground wen u park it. My bike fell the other day, as my friend sat on it while it was on the side stand.. n this ended up causing my handle to bend.. literally i believe their handle quality is pretty lousy.. Thou ill be changing it to clip ons or sumthing from Ranther..

2ndly, got the wheel alignment done, n turns out that the rims are not of a good quality, they are the same that are in the New Honda Deluxe.. n they both suck.. quality is nothing like the Suzuki GS150 rims.. my option would be to either get the Suzuki rims, or get the almunium rims used in trail bikes..its hard to find decent 18" rims nowadays.

@aami8389
    Yup, i would be switching to synthetic after my first tuning.. i used TOTAL mineral oil first as its the 1st oil change, n im bound to get engine scrapings in the oil. n hence synth is pretty expensive, i shall change to it after im done with my run-in. Thanks for the info..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well if my knowledge serves me correctly synth oils are recommended for newer high performance engines since they need the most protection, cuz of their early life cycle. n since they hit higher rpms n are pushed to their limits more often than old motors, hence they need the added protection. I remeber i used the ZIC n i touched it.. trust me it was thin, but very very slippry, i had to wash my hands around 3 times to get it off.. so i beleive the internals would be better lubed with synth oil. Secondly, they have a longer running duration than regular mineral based oil..
    yes ur right, synthetic oils are recommended in newer engines ,
    using mineral oil seem to develop some carbon deposit around the piston , and it adds up in providing the compression due to piston some what worn in older engines ,
    so if u use synthetic oils in older motors ,they have a high cleaning power which will remove that carbon deposits around piston and due to which u can c early smoke and loss of compression, so its not recommended in older engines(courtesy of Imran Bhatti)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro Viper_995
    yes Synthetics last longer retaining their quality compared to the mineral lubes.
    and if any oil that feels good slipery and thick it should perform better.
    and if it takes more than 3 times to get it off like you said inspite of good washing then that Oil just may be good.

so best of luck with your ride buddy n keep us posted.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Viper_995

thanks for the advise buddy as I was having doubts abut the bike falling on the other side even when I park it alone in the garage :|
    I'll definetly do something about it just today.

and Yes the handle quality seems poor as I saw one bike at the mechanic with a badly bent handle and guess what the owner said ?
    he said his bike fell on the rite side causing the damage to the handle.
    and I'm guessing he also may have put it on the side stand

if you recall one of my earlier posts in which I said about seing a bike with clipon sports handles that looked totally cool.
    so Yes Yes Yes for the clipon handle bars but REMEMBER this Voids the Waranty so ill be waiting for 10 months to get my modifications done

and Yes 18" rims are rare when your out looking and if you want alloys its even harder here.
    So keep me posted if you find some good alloys that fit the bike as im looking and shall buy n keep them till the waranty period lasts before changing.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umer009 View Post
    using mineral oil seem to develop some carbon deposit around the piston , and it adds up in providing the compression due to piston some what worn in older engines ,
    so if u use synthetic oils in older motors ,they have a high cleaning power which will remove that carbon deposits around piston and due to which u can c early smoke and loss of compression, so its not recommended in older engines(courtesy on Imran Bhatti)
    AGREED !

mineral lubes are found not to be as efficent in clearing carbon deposits in the engine/around the piston as compared to the higher cleaning capability of synthetic lubes.

and if one is causious about the engines cleaning like myself id suggest using fuel from caltex as they claim to have additional Techron component that helps in engine cleaning by removing carbon deposits.
    well it works or not thats still not concluded
    but I use caltex fuel and may use Shell or Toatal occasionally just to keep the change.
    anyhow if we accept Caltex's claim of their fuel clearing the engine from carbon deposits it wont be a bad option to try it once or twice between fueling as theres no harm in it if theres no benifit !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Viper_995

thanks for the advise buddy as I was having doubts abut the bike falling on the other side even when I park it alone in the garage :|
    I'll definetly do something about it just today.

and Yes the handle quality seems poor as I saw one bike at the mechanic with a badly bent handle and guess what the owner said ?
    he said his bike fell on the rite side causing the damage to the handle.
    and I'm guessing he also may have put it on the side stand

if you recall one of my earlier posts in which I said about seing a bike with clipon sports handles that looked totally cool.
    so Yes Yes Yes for the clipon handle bars but REMEMBER this Voids the Waranty so ill be waiting for 10 months to get my modifications done

and Yes 18" rims are rare when your out looking and if you want alloys its even harder here.
    So keep me posted if you find some good alloys that fit the bike as im looking and shall buy n keep them till the waranty period lasts before changing.
    yes i agree , handle quality is poor , due to which early rusting also appears , actually all the parts locally manufactured by ravi are not upto the mark that include handle bar and some other small nut and bolts , frame and plastic items ,but frame seems to be ok
    but the things which are imported have far better quality , using that sports handle it costs around 2000 including fitting as i recently bought one for my friend but i dont like its style as you have to bent over ,which may cause tiredness, but any 1 who likes it must go for it

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AGREED !

mineral lubes are found not to be as efficent in clearing carbon deposits in the engine/around the piston as compared to the higher cleaning capability of synthetic lubes.

and if one is causious about the engines cleaning like myself id suggest using fuel from caltex as they claim to have additional Techron component that helps in engine cleaning by removing carbon deposits.
    but I use caltex fuel and may use Shell or Toatal occasionally just to keep the change.
    anyhow if we accept Caltex's claim of their fuel clearing the engine from carbon deposits it wont be a bad option to try it once or twice between fueling as theres no harm in it if theres no benifit !
    i heard about some flushing oils used in the cars for cleaning purposes , they are very thin oil , used after draining the old oil and before putting the new one ,idea is to revolve engine for sometime so that all the carbon and dirt is captured by the oil and then it is drained off,
    so do check about them and also let me know if u find any

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i heard about some flushing oils used in the cars for cleaning purposes , they are very thin oil , used after draining the old oil and before putting the new one ,idea is to revolve engine for sometime so that all the carbon and dirt is captured by the oil and then it is drained off,
    YUP your rite but I dont remember its number.
    I had it done onc in my old suzuki mehran from Punjab Oil Shop opposite of Ghas Mandi, Baghbanpura main G.T. road between UET and Shalimar Garden.
    will ask for details about the Lube if I visit that area in upcoming days.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so if u use synthetic oils in older motors ,they have a high cleaning power which will remove that carbon deposits around piston and due to which u can c early smoke and loss of compression, so its not recommended in older engines(courtesy of Imran Bhatti)
    +1 to Mr. Imran Bhatti.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro Viper_995
    yes Synthetics last longer retaining their quality compared to the mineral lubes.
    and if any oil that feels good slipery and thick it should perform better.
    and if it takes more than 3 times to get it off like you said inspite of good washing then that Oil just may be good.

so best of luck with your ride buddy n keep us posted.
    Thankx for that bro.. thou i havnt tried synthetic in my Piaggio as yet, it was running in my GS150.. ill do so after the 2nd oil change n tuning..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AGREED !

I dont know about the cleaning part, thou i can vouch for one thing, CALTEX n SHELL from good pumps are the best fuel u can use. ive had bad experiences with PSO.. or maybe its just me...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I believe flushing wont be required if you attack the oil change in a proper manner, my mechanic told me that u dont need to flush new engines, its only the old runnin engines that cud use it once in a wile.

he suggested me to just drain the engine while its hot, n let the bike stand for 10-15min.. then tilt the bike on either side for a few seconds, n after letting that, touch the self button 1 or 2 times (in case of kick starter, a few light kicks should do it). Make sure that the engine switch is turned off, u wudnt want to let the bike idle without engine oil.
    this process would dump all the oil in the chamber n other places. Clean the oil filter etc , tighten the drain bolt, then you can refill ur fresh oil...
    worked for my 1st oil change

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey is anyone facing a problem uploading pics, im getting a security token error. Any clues?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy

I dont know about the cleaning part, thou i can vouch for one thing, CALTEX n SHELL from good pumps are the best fuel u can use. ive had bad experiences with PSO.. or maybe its just me...
    Count me in the list as well

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation

Hey is anyone facing a problem uploading pics, im getting a security token error. Any clues?
    None just tried updating my bike pics.

mine always seem to be over sized pictures when I post them here on the forum.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers