255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My Ravi Piaggio 2011

Bought in 2011, bike has complete almost 4 years with almost 50K running. There are some major and minor changes made so far.

1. Rear tyre changed to 100/90 Dunlop
    2. HID installed
    3. Charade ignition coil with iridium tiped plug
    4. Studs sportster for touring
    5. Handle changed to AHL Deluxe raised handle
    6. Mirror indicators

Major locations covered so far:

Karachi, Uthal, Hingol, Kund Malir, Quetta, Ziarat, Islamabad, Neelum Valley, Lahore, Multan, Bahawalpur, Chistian.

And bike still going good, although the fat tyre has forced bike to consume oil on long runs but its till performing good.

Latest clicks on 21-March-2015

Attached Images Attached Images    

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

one thing i need to correct, its not a pakistani made bike , 70 % parts are imported frm china by zhongsheng-piaggio and its assembling is done here, so ravi need to improve its local in house assembling and quality and control if they are serious to promeote this product but according to company policy i dont think they are serius , still a shortage of spare parts in market, if available , price is much higher , long and almost impossible process of claim , 0 advertisement 3 years have gone and they still havent corrected chain cover knocking so bike isnt bad , its actually the company which makes a product hit or fail

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Completed almost 350 km running today.. I opened the full throttle today so that i can see what bike is capable of.. it hardly touched 90km/h .. I think i have to wait for the first tunning.. I have 2011 model of ravi piaggio fuel gauge problem i still there but i faced no chain cover noise problem.. It has a great riding position .. Specially for the one who has good height i have height of about 5.11" so i feel comfortable while riding it..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Silver_knife
    bro, I think testing the top speed of the bike at this point in the break-in period might not be a very wise idea. Staying under 6500rpm should be your priority.
    Love thy Parents.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sporty looks, I agree.
    Electric start is great option, I agree.

BUT

There can be no excuse for loose nut and bolts, and when you are paying 80k+ of your hard earned money in this nation of the pure and free, you expect to get a bike which should not give you any trouble for at least next five to six years.

That this bike is made in Pakistan is no excuse at all for its bad quality, for we are humans as much as any other nation is so why don't we do our best at doing our work? For Heaven's sake why can't the manufacturers check the nuts and bolts before the bike leaves the factory. This is an attitude which shows that this company has not started its business with an aim to remain in the market for too long.

There is no bike lover today who is not aware of the name of Harley Davidson. Two friends started their project on one bike in a small shed, much smaller than our kitchens. Their initial bikes had many problems in the beginning but they improved and today Harley Davidson has its own shares in the America Stock exchange, they built bikes for World Wars, for cops, for postal services, for general public, for the race track and what not-- all this started from a single small size shed. It is time for our bike manufacturers to think, I am not just particular about Piaggio but other manufacturers as well.

Every product always has a great room for improvement, but when the improvement factor is neglected, people also start neglecting that product.
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chery1 View Post
    @ Silver_knife
    bro, I think testing the top speed of the bike at this point in the break-in period might not be a very wise idea. Staying under 6500rpm should be your priority.
    Ok bro.. thanks for the advice.. i will keep it under 6500 RPM.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 7thgear View Post
    Sporty looks, I agree.
    Electric start is great option, I agree.

BUT

There can be no excuse for loose nut and bolts, and when you are paying 80k+ of your hard earned money in this nation of the pure and free, you expect to get a bike which should not give you any trouble for at least next five to six years.

That this bike is made in Pakistan is no excuse at all for its bad quality, for we are humans as much as any other nation is so why don't we do our best at doing our work? For Heaven's sake why can't the manufacturers check the nuts and bolts before the bike leaves the factory. This is an attitude which shows that this company has not started its business with an aim to remain in the market for too long.

There is no bike lover today who is not aware of the name of Harley Davidson. Two friends started their project on one bike in a small shed, much smaller than our kitchens. Their initial bikes had many problems in the beginning but they improved and today Harley Davidson has its own shares in the America Stock exchange, they built bikes for World Wars, for cops, for postal services, for general public, for the race track and what not-- all this started from a single small size shed. It is time for our bike manufacturers to think, I am not just particular about Piaggio but other manufacturers as well.

Every product always has a great room for improvement, but when the improvement factor is neglected, people also start neglecting that product.
    Truly said my bro.. Iam a student belonging to a middle class family and i know how much i have to work hard for this 85000 rs. And it nearly breaks your heart when you spent this much amount and get lose nuts and bolts in return.. but on the other hand we have to support new products to force HONDA and YAMAHA to change thier products style and reliability and my friend due to these products like RAVI< Super Power .. Unique we were able to get changes Like JUNOON and DELUXE .. But i really agree that pakistani products have to be reliable as like japan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes bro silver_knife testing your bike at full throttle in running period is nt suitable for ur bike.Act accordingly as chery1 said
    Life is beauty, admire it.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Hasnain And Cheery.. I do follow your tips and today i kept the maximum speed of about 60 Km/h at about 6000 RPM

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes you are doing absolutely fine.And i have heard frm many experts(i dont know about this logic but experts say so) that keeping the bike at constant speed is also not good for bike.speed must be variable like keep on changing the speed.I hope chery1 knows about it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post
    Truly said my bro.. Iam a student belonging to a middle class family and i know how much i have to work hard for this 85000 rs. And it nearly breaks your heart when you spent this much amount and get lose nuts and bolts in return.. but on the other hand we have to support new products to force HONDA and YAMAHA to change thier products style and reliability and my friend due to these products like RAVI< Super Power .. Unique we were able to get changes Like JUNOON and DELUXE .. But i really agree that pakistani products have to be reliable as like japan
    True, but the point is, have they made any improvement in Piaggio since the time they started production? This is not the first thread mentioning such like problems with Piaggio. If they cannot look to improve such small things, wonder their negligence regarding the parts requiring minute observations.

It is right that introduction of new bike manufacturers will put pressure on establishments like Honda and Yamaha and also force them to lower their prices, but to do that someone with a serious mindset would have to land in this business. I am afraid Piaggio does not seem to have that capacity.
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@7thgear... totally agree with you man! Problem with us is that we try to compromise on everything. Thats the only reason why "THEY" give us crappy services coz we'll compromise. We have to be better than that.
    @Husnain & Silver_knife...thanx for appreciation brothers.

There are a couple of things that I would like to mention which will help you guys understand the process better.
    One is that you should try not to keep the bike on idle for a long time because the Oil pressure is lower at idle speed and parts that depend upon splash lubrication can not receive enough oil due to the lower oil pressure to prevent high spots inside the engine from less lubrication.
    Second point is, the reason why full throttle operation should be avoided. It is because it places heavy loads on components and high spots can score other components, which will result in accelerating the wear of the engine. But it certainly doesn't mean you need to treat the bike like a baby.
    Occasional three-quarter throttle acceleration is okay, because the increased gas pressure in the combustion chamber will help the rings to seal.
    Also, @ Silver_knife the reason behind varying your speed and not driving at constant speed is that when you back off the throttle every few kilometres and let the bike decelerate for a few seconds, it will pull extra lubrication into the upper engine cylinders and intake valves which will again result in proper lubrication at the critical break-in period.

Hope you find it useful.
    Love thy Parents.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

chery1 thanks alot for providing such a great knowledge.Surely we will learn alot from this post

Hey can anyone tell me where is this thanks button?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Hasnain .. Its on the right corner of every post ..

@cherry .. Thaks for the detailed reply..

Today i completed my 500 KM running .. Now what maximum should i goto and what RPM's to be maintained? Before 500 Maximum speed i attained is 60 KM belows 6.5K rpm

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello poster i love the way you made the thread regarding piaggo but there are already so many reviews going on pakwheels so you must post there there was no need to post new thread

1) First Piaggo isnt a Pakistani made bike
    2) Second Pakistan doesnt mean cheap quality etc etc
    3) 83000 are too much to have a bike with many problems for the sake of sporty looks
    4) Its spare parts arent widely available
    5) Mechanics are in less in number khuda na khasta kahein kuch hogaya bike ko koi banane wala nahi mile ga
    6) Hyderabad is second biggest city of Sindh and yahan pe ik b piaggo nahi itne salo me ravi ne aagay improvement nahi ki

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post
    @Hasnain .. Its on the right corner of every post ..

@cherry .. Thaks for the detailed reply..

Today i completed my 500 KM running .. Now what maximum should i goto and what RPM's to be maintained? Before 500 Maximum speed i attained is 60 KM belows 6.5K rpm
    u should change engine oil,, if u havent done by now,,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    u should change engine oil,, if u havent done by now,,
    Agreed!!
    Love thy Parents.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Silver_knife & Hasnain You are always most welcome brothers.
    @ Silver_knife
    Bro first thing first! Did u get the oil changed? If not go for it right away. 2nd, for the next 300km, The max speed should not be more than 80km/h or 7000-7500rpm. I would not want to go to 7500rpm, rather I would stay below it.

When u get to the 800km mark, then open the throttle as much as u can. prolong the gear u want to prolong.

Gear shifting is a very important factor. If you want to go for better top speed, Short shifting the initial gears might work. for example you can shift the 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears as you hit 6500 or 7000rpm and the 4th at a higher rpm which does not strain the engine. The 5th gear should then take you beyond 100kmph with ease. If it does'nt, you dont need to worry. At the first tuning @ 1000km mark, get the Carb set up in a way that gives u more power and maybe a little less economy and see the result.

Also only up shift the gear when it is asking for a shift. You should feel the lettle jerk when u up shift. The thing we call 'bike uthti hai' . Dont up shift at lower rpms. That way your bike will learn to drive soft. Thats what treating the bike like a baby means.

Im excited to see more pix of ur bike. Post some new pix. Did u get the camera working?
    Love thy Parents.

19. 06-06-2011, 09:41 PM
    r1

Senior PakWheeler

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nice so he got the oil changed? but why is the tapet cover open? and is this an authorized honda service shop?
    Love thy Parents.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the tapets are not supposed to be tightened at this point.
    Love thy Parents.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

User Tag List