255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My Ravi Piaggio 2011

Bought in 2011, bike has complete almost 4 years with almost 50K running. There are some major and minor changes made so far.

1. Rear tyre changed to 100/90 Dunlop
    2. HID installed
    3. Charade ignition coil with iridium tiped plug
    4. Studs sportster for touring
    5. Handle changed to AHL Deluxe raised handle
    6. Mirror indicators

Major locations covered so far:

Karachi, Uthal, Hingol, Kund Malir, Quetta, Ziarat, Islamabad, Neelum Valley, Lahore, Multan, Bahawalpur, Chistian.

And bike still going good, although the fat tyre has forced bike to consume oil on long runs but its till performing good.

Latest clicks on 21-March-2015

Attached Images Attached Images    

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SMARTDEVIL View Post
    Man please No Offence but this may be a pakistan Assembled bike but its Definetly not a Pakistani MADE bike at all as the design and engineering both are not pakistani !
    Salam, if u allow i want to add>>> its Pakistan assembled nd manufactured. coz now frame and some parts are produced in pakistan. as a whole its a mix of three; Italy (engine) China (body parts, n electronics) Pakistan (Frame etc).

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BornedWild View Post
    Hi guys

Facing the same problem as many of the piaggio owners , my bikes pick is v gud reaches to 60 like in something 4 seconds max if i rev the engine and drag it in first two gears but the thing is that when i change from 4rth to fifth the bike gets stuck at 105 ... dragged the bike in 4rth and reached 105 max and in 5th it does the same even on a 3 km patch ..... any help regarding its fuel mixture like adding more air or fuel to it would make my bike at least touch 115 ?????
    It depends on the way you ride the bike, fuel mixture and climatic conditions. i easily achieve 115KM/H.. And i regularly visit karachi on my bike 120KM from my place. Adjust the mixture accurately by checking plug and also check the quality of petrol. Its now more than 10K KM on my bike and now iam feeling the power in engine.

AFJ
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

chery1 & Silver i want to buy strom 125 but really confuse should i go ahead with it, wt abt spares parts and afr sale service, i need advice frm owners to help me in makin my decision
    All The Glory Belongs To ALLAH ALMIGHTY The Most Merciful & Kind.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

HI .I am from pindi .and using piaggio for about 3 year .I took the bike to its extreme and the results are excellent .although 3 or more major accident my bike is doing great .It can achieve 100km in 3rd gear and 125 km top speed it also touched 130 km .The only thing that is disappointing is spare parts . The fuel average is also about 50 km/liter
    My bro is hard core fan of Cg and he is a racer (router) at first he hated the bike as it is heavy and pick isnt great but after a year, He visited Kashmir on it now He loves it.
    I refer this bike to young guys who love bikes they can spend there time with this bike cause this bike need some time to get tuned .But if u want to use this as a fmaily bike i dont recommend it .This bike needs some caring

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^Ur bike is doing great!
    50kmpl v.good.
    N yeah parts are an issue.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation

The Following is my OWN PERSONAL OPINION !

Fuel Consumption is great round 55 / litre minimum.
    Styling,Braking and road grip excellent.
    Slightly over weight compared to engine power therefore has a low Pick compared to other 125cc bikes available in Pakistan.

Company reputation Piaggio being Italian has great engineering but Ravi being Pakistani is SERIOUSLY DOUBTFUL.
    Currently no new bikes are available only the X-factory or unsold bikes in the market could be found to be sold on higher rates than usual.
    Spare part availability is a Big Serious Issue !
    similarly availability of skilled Mechanics and Electritions for this specific bike is also an issue.

These days I wouldent suggest buying it unless company assures further production and availability of spares.
    Thanks & Best Regards Mustafa Parveiz
    (Cell: 0300-6620420 ) www.pakistanbikersclub.com

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bump..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Good News

Dear all piaggio fan, ravi piaggio 125 back in market. I went to market yesterday and was pleased to see many new ravi-125 at dealer shop n in market. New price 95000.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this is not a bike its a cart

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aami8389 View Post
    Dear all piaggio fan, ravi piaggio 125 back in market. I went to market yesterday and was pleased to see many new ravi-125 at dealer shop n in market. New price 95000.
    Thank goodness! I thought I had brought the last ravi piaggio in existence!
    Anyhow Ravi should concentrate on getting more spares on the ground especially cheaper tanky tappay etc
    Slow and steady wins the race.I know strange thing to say over here isn't it?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JUNAIDMIRZA View Post
    this is not a bike its a cart
    Can you explain how?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just found a link which would atleast silence a lot of claims calling ravi piaggio a complete chinese crap.

Piaggio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you can scroll down to the list of models they have produced till today and the last one of them says STORM 125CC 4 STROKE (AIR COOLED)

and plz be reasonable to come and claim now that Wikipedia has just posted something without checking its authenticity and because any copy of its original agreement between ravi and piaggio is not available online so its all speculation .... would anyone really post the copies of their agreements or official papers online ??? ...... phew ..... anyhow just found it out myself as well so i thought it might be worth sharing with the piaggio owners

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have rode this bike just once and that also for about a 6-700 m patch but the bike is really very good. especially the braking is very good and the road grip also . could not check the top speed. when i went to buy a new bike, i had 3 options in my mind. a ravi, cg125 or a gs150. can not use cg125 in karachi as they get snatched. then went for a gs150 but still love the shape and looks of piaggio

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello guys,
    i am about to purchase a bike with in 2 weeks, the choices are honda and storm, SMARTDEVIL, CHERY, VICKY and other users who own this bike can you guys help me make a decision in making a purchase, i have read this thread, some issues regarding this bike are like carbuerator(whatever itself or its parts), fuel gauge,chain cover noise and spare parts. for me major one is carb. problem and spare parts, carb . is th major one coz unepected fuel avg is always headache for me , is the problem regarding carb. is resolved in 2012 models or not?, coz i hate to be at mechanics shop day after day.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Buddy you have read all the threads, now its upto you what to buy, even AHL and DYL are selling crap nowadays.,.

And if you are on some war mission, you can buy CG125. But you will have to spend some extra fortune on fixing one TAUP on it. Atlas Honda is still thinking that World War 2 is going on and making this bike

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Extreme Rider
    Bro I have a 2011 model piaggio and to be honest I did not have the problem of fuel gauge or chain cover yes the carburetor was cracked but it was replaced by dealer before sale there was a minor problem of loose screws which I had fixed at time of sale free of cost as for 2012 model I cannot say you will have to be vigilant while examining bike but I believe the quality of ravi is improving.
    Slow and steady wins the race.I know strange thing to say over here isn't it?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

SIMPLEST : I am using it for last 3 years it has just redefined my preception about what real Good Quality really is....

Quote Originally Posted by Jshark View Post
    @Extreme Rider
    Bro I have a 2011 model piaggio and to be honest I did not have the problem of fuel gauge or chain cover yes the carburetor was cracked but it was replaced by dealer before sale there was a minor problem of loose screws which I had fixed at time of sale free of cost as for 2012 model I cannot say you will have to be vigilant while examining bike but I believe the quality of ravi is improving.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good Info of PIAGGIO History @BorndWild and a nice catch. Cheers
    Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need. (Khalil Jibran)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thou this is an old NEWS but for those who love to say PIAGGIO chinese....this is the last nail.

Source: The NEWS International ( Italy extends support in mechanical sector - thenews.com.pk )

Italy extends support in mechanical sector

our correspondent
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012
    From Print Edition

LAHORE: The Italian government is ready to support Pakistan in the technical and mechanical sector, the Italian Ambassador Vincenzo Prati said at a press conference held during his visit to a Pak-Italian motorcycle assembling joint venture on Tuesday.

“We want to support Pakistan’s development process especially mechanical sector which is strength of Italy,” he said touring the Ravi Piaggio plant along with Dr Federico Bianchi, First Secretary, Head of Economic and Commercial Office and Ravi Piaggio CEO Fahad Iqbal.

Prati said Italy was well aware of the economic problems faced by Pakistan and ready to contribute its share in the process of economic revival. “We to partner in the development of Pakistan,” he said.

“We are impressed by the quality of the manufacturing at Ravi Pakistan, which are producing motorcycles in Pakistan on European standards through transforming technology from Vespa to latest Ravi Piaggio Storm 125,” the envoy said.

He believed that Strom 125 was the real successor of Vespa an Italian brand that thrived in Pakistan for more then five decades. “Collaboration of Ravi Automobile and Piaggio Group is very important in the bilateral relations of the two trading countries,” said Prati.

Dr Federico Bianchi, First Secretary, Head of Economic and Commercial Office said that Piaggio had already focused the Asia and started manufacturing in China, India, and Vietnam. “Piaagio group knows that the future of two wheelers is in Asia. Ravi’s collaboration with Piaggio is a step forward, showing the group’s interest in this region,” he said.

He said Italy was in top 10 trading partners of Pakistan and third place in European Union after UK and Germany.

Italians were doing business with Pakistani counterparts in textile, marble, jewelry and leather sector.

The delegation also visited the Ravi Piaggio Storm 125 assembly line after the press conference.

Fahad Iqbal, thanked the Italian Ambassador and First Secretary for their visit. He emphasized that Pakistan’s relations with Italy are vital for the economic growth of the country. “With Ravi Piaggio Storm 125, we have brought Piaggio products back to Pakistan,” he said.
    Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need. (Khalil Jibran)

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by freshy View Post
    Thou this is an old NEWS but for those who love to say PIAGGIO chinese....this is the last nail.

Source: The NEWS International ( Italy extends support in mechanical sector - thenews.com.pk )

Italy extends support in mechanical sector

our correspondent
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012
    From Print Edition

LAHORE: The Italian government is ready to support Pakistan in the technical and mechanical sector, the Italian Ambassador Vincenzo Prati said at a press conference held during his visit to a Pak-Italian motorcycle assembling joint venture on Tuesday.

“We want to support Pakistan’s development process especially mechanical sector which is strength of Italy,” he said touring the Ravi Piaggio plant along with Dr Federico Bianchi, First Secretary, Head of Economic and Commercial Office and Ravi Piaggio CEO Fahad Iqbal.

Prati said Italy was well aware of the economic problems faced by Pakistan and ready to contribute its share in the process of economic revival. “We to partner in the development of Pakistan,” he said.

“We are impressed by the quality of the manufacturing at Ravi Pakistan, which are producing motorcycles in Pakistan on European standards through transforming technology from Vespa to latest Ravi Piaggio Storm 125,” the envoy said.

He believed that Strom 125 was the real successor of Vespa an Italian brand that thrived in Pakistan for more then five decades. “Collaboration of Ravi Automobile and Piaggio Group is very important in the bilateral relations of the two trading countries,” said Prati.

Dr Federico Bianchi, First Secretary, Head of Economic and Commercial Office said that Piaggio had already focused the Asia and started manufacturing in China, India, and Vietnam. “Piaagio group knows that the future of two wheelers is in Asia. Ravi’s collaboration with Piaggio is a step forward, showing the group’s interest in this region,” he said.

He said Italy was in top 10 trading partners of Pakistan and third place in European Union after UK and Germany.

Italians were doing business with Pakistani counterparts in textile, marble, jewelry and leather sector.

The delegation also visited the Ravi Piaggio Storm 125 assembly line after the press conference.

Fahad Iqbal, thanked the Italian Ambassador and First Secretary for their visit. He emphasized that Pakistan’s relations with Italy are vital for the economic growth of the country. “With Ravi Piaggio Storm 125, we have brought Piaggio products back to Pakistan,” he said.
    Nice one.. But haters gona hate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

User Tag List