Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default PW Members & Piaggio Owners Invited to RAVI Piaggio Factory In Lahore

Hello Everyone!

Taking the initiative of interacting and communicating with the "end user", the management of RAVI-Piaggio invited PW members and Piaggio owners to their manufacturing facility in Lahore on Saturday, July 23rd 2011.

Initially around seven members responded to the invitation but three of us were unable to join due to different reasons. Four of us paid the visit to the factory on the morning of July 23rd.

Stay tuned for the details.

Mods: Apologies if this is not the appropriate section but since it is regarding bikes and most of the bikers roam around this section, posting here. Hope it is okay.

Love thy Parents.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Juste View Post
    @chery, seen4u, umer, smartdevil and other Piaggio Storm owners

can you guys let us know honestly from where in which part of lahore you guys get Storm parts? parts are easily available or not ? and what about after Sales Service Center of Ravi in lhr?
    Most everyday parts are available from Mcleod Rd. I did not have to go to anyother place for parts. For service I used to go to Malik autos on Raiwind Rd. Some parts ARE hard to find. For example the little rubber parts but overall the availability is not too bad.
    Love thy Parents.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ars99 View Post
    Salamzzz all its been such a long time since i visited pakwheels and nice to see the work done by all 3 guyz who visited the ravi facility n appreciate it. I wish i could come too coz i m also one of the Storm 125's owner for abt 1 year now and facing same issues specially the Milage hardly gives me 30 in a liter if i ride it around 80 if i go above it gives me even less than 30 i took my bike to the antenna shop dozens of time but the only way i get 48 KMPL if i ride the bike at 30 or 40 KMPH and i m facing the issue from the start now i dont even have warranty it expired last month i ev done 11000 KM so i dont know what to do i ev talk to Mr rizwan and Mr Mahmood as well and i ev seen quite a few ppl on the antenna shop having the same issue but nothing can be done here coz we dont have any1 here in Rwp,Isb who can actually listen or admit that our bikes have some fault or what is the reason that we are not getting the correct milage. i know nothing is goin to happen but i just want you guyz to know there are a lot of things that needs to be streamlined. So if some1 can help in this matter i would really appreciate it. Thanks

first search the forum for a 100ml fuel average method thread,,try that method with economy speed on plain road , u will get a correct figure for ur avg in economy speed,,if that is substaintially different from recomended then the issue lies with carburettor or air intake system,,try posting some pics of the carb from all possible angles,, and then try some decent aftermarket carb for economy or try to overhaul the carb by installing new set of jets,emulsion tubes,needles,and slide tube,,hope this will solve ur issue,, u may ask for ravi members here about the carb rebuild kit,,and they should try to make it available at affordable price at reasonable shops,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chery1 View Post
    Most everyday parts are available from Mcleod Rd. I did not have to go to anyother place for parts. For service I used to go to Malik autos on Raiwind Rd. Some parts ARE hard to find. For example the little rubber parts but overall the availability is not too bad.
    after browsing through the forum it seems ravi is pretty much concerned about pr and is trying at least to be sincere,, so the issue faced by most ppl here on this forum regards too bad mileage,,so in my opinion the real culprit is carb,,have u taken this issue with them? the solution should be a replacement of carb ,,this is ethical of them,,if not at least the should sell an entire kit of a carb rebuild consisting of all jets,needle,tube,floats,etc,, ,,
    also how hard is at the moment to find these parts,,?and can u ppl put forth this query to them,,if they are happy to take an input from u ppl?

i think the fusers who were the first to buy ravi product and got faulty components should be compensated straightaway cauze they toook gr8 risk ,,and it is ravis turn to do the same for them.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by IbrahimXaheer View Post
    i bought a ravi piaggio 1 week ago.... the machenical moving parts seem to b working fine but it seems a child assembled the electrical system

when i press the brake the parking light and the meter light comes on along with the rear light...i dont know if it is the brake light or the parking light in the rear that comes on
    once the bike suddenly decided that it is not going to start with the self later it got into a better mood

the fuel gauge does not work

it seems to me that the electrical system is setting in and making less trouble as the time passes

the first time the head light was not working ... the next day it came on.... and is working eve since

i am willing to drive to the factory if i can get theses problems fixed .... IF they have the facility there ....IF they just dont put the bikes together blindfolded and send them to the market
    For some reason, I've noticed that the wires have little cut marks on the insulation. That results in hiccups in the performance and increases the risk of shortcircuiting. Also most of the Chinese bikes have low quality wiring.
    Love thy Parents.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    after browsing through the forum it seems ravi is pretty much concerned about pr and is trying at least to be sincere,, so the issue faced by most ppl here on this forum regards too bad mileage,,so in my opinion the real culprit is carb,,have u taken this issue with them? the solution should be a replacement of carb ,,this is ethical of them,,if not at least the should sell an entire kit of a carb rebuild consisting of all jets,needle,tube,floats,etc,, ,,
    also how hard is at the moment to find these parts,,?and can u ppl put forth this query to them,,if they are happy to take an input from u ppl?

i think the fusers who were the first to buy ravi product and got faulty components should be compensated straightaway cauze they toook gr8 risk ,,and it is ravis turn to do the same for them.
    This issue was discussed in the meeting and they said that it was due to a faulty jet. We also did suggest about offering a change of carb. They will think about it probably but it should be done.

About the Carb availability, it is easily available in the market for Rs. 1800 and according to them, it works very well.
    Love thy Parents.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ asjdsm thanks for the quick reply. but i ev get it checked 3 or 4 times when i went to the antenna shop for tuning after every 2 or 3 months n the mechanic checked it with the proper procedure with hanging the fuel bottle on the bike with limited fuel and ride the bike even below the economy speed which was between 30 to 40 KM/PH and bike end up giving me 4.5 KM in 100 ML i believe but whats the point if i only had to ride the bike on 30 to 40 y dont i go n get my self a 70 CC bike that can give me better than that even if i ride it on 70 KM/PH. so i m planing to go there tomorrow for the tuning and some other work as i wasnt really taking care of the bike for abt a month just because of some minor probs from the start so i ll talk to him abt the carb kit if he can manage that neways i ll update you once i ll get it tuned Thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Chery1 thanks for the info bro and i would say they should replace all the faulty carbs as i once have get my bike tuned in front of Mr Rizwan he was just visiting the Antenna shop and he asked the mechanic to open the carb completely and clean it properly he did but doesnt make much of a diff only 2 or 3 Km's. so bro do let me know if u hear any updates frm Ravi ppl regarding this issue. Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ars99 View Post
    Salamzzz all its been such a long time since i visited pakwheels and nice to see the work done by all 3 guyz who visited the ravi facility n appreciate it. I wish i could come too coz i m also one of the Storm 125's owner for abt 1 year now and facing same issues specially the Milage hardly gives me 30 in a liter if i ride it around 80 if i go above it gives me even less than 30 i took my bike to the antenna shop dozens of time but the only way i get 48 KMPL if i ride the bike at 30 or 40 KMPH and i m facing the issue from the start now i dont even have warranty it expired last month i ev done 11000 KM so i dont know what to do i ev talk to Mr rizwan and Mr Mahmood as well and i ev seen quite a few ppl on the antenna shop having the same issue but nothing can be done here coz we dont have any1 here in Rwp,Isb who can actually listen or admit that our bikes have some fault or what is the reason that we are not getting the correct milage. i know nothing is goin to happen but i just want you guyz to know there are a lot of things that needs to be streamlined. So if some1 can help in this matter i would really appreciate it. Thanks
    Bro first welcome back and then I strongly recommend you to get an aftermarket carb for your bike. I'm sure the average will become much much better. Secondly, to streamline the issues, they have halted production for 2 months and have resolved to come up with a fault free model. Im hoping that they come up with a good strategy for the people who own this model with faults. We are their poineer customers.
    Love thy Parents.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

post the pics of the jets and the needle,and needle jet(also called emulsion tube),, maybe there would be someother bike whose thingies could be installed in it,,
    if in economy speed it is not giving specified economy then the pilot jet,pilot jet screw(externally mounted screw also called mixture screw) and needle could be the problem,, as mechanic if some other bikes elemts are compatible,,? there are a lot of bkes whose parts may interchange,,

take those components and search them at other bike spare shops,,,tell them to give replacement parts for these items,,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

asjdsm is right about the 100ml method
    first of all all users should agree on a common average taking method
    one method is reserve to reserve which is although accurate but not so precise
    but if u want 100 % precision than go with 100 ml method
    after that those users who claims their average is 65 km/liter should get their bike checked with this method for correct average and if their average do come which they claim then im also among the one who got the faulty carbeurator coz max i got is 42-43 frm this bike
    also it seems too much unrealistic for a 125 to give 65km/l . a chance could be tht they might have faulty speedometer so it shud also be tested before taking average

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

plus mr nauman waheed who is manager of design at ravi automobile told abt their company mechanic who can cure faulty carbs according to him , but the problem is tht he cant check ur carb in factory
    mr nauman says he goes on weekend to some private shop at johar town so he might be caught over there
    according to mr nauman tht guy is very expert in taking high average by even curing the faulty carbs so according to me we shud alteast try this guy to see he might increase our average

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@umer009 mr nauman waheed is manager of Productions, assy line not manager of design, and that person is master in find issues in carbs meanz mixture issue , or setting etc... that guy is taking high average from Ravi 70's that is noman says. han may b you can contact that guy check ur bike but i,m also not sure ur bike gives ur more then 45-48 km/l, with 100ml method , alteast try that guy may b he might increase our bike petrol average to 48-50

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Umair..... Where have you been bro? Long time no see. Talking abt that mechanic, I think his name is Tariq. Have you contacted him because you were interested in getting the carb checked and you had taken the address as well?
    Love thy Parents.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aoa
    so sory chery1 yar so much bezy these days yes i want to go that person my bikes now gives 42kmpl confirm from39kmpl, guy name was younus when have time then visit again there shop

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chery1 View Post
    thank you for replying chery & umer bros.

do these following parts are available at Mcleod Road ??

lights & indicators, levers, fuel tank & side covers, piston, clutch plates, small engine parts e.g

I actually have a plan to buy a new bike InshAllah not right now but in upcoming months. So thats why i am getting information. My main concern is availability of parts what ever bike i buy.
    31.5497 N, 74.3436 E

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Still No Pics from Inside the Factory
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

sd
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i wana ask one thing is piaggio 125 storm 2 chasis, engine, suspension is strong enough and reliable as compare to other brands like unique, honda, suzuki etc etc??? and is it locally manufactured or it is manufactured n china and assembled here? and why is it so cheap in price as compare to honda cg 125 and suzuki gs 125 or gs 150??? and when will new model of piaggio will be launched?? and who is the authorized n reliable dealer of piaggio in khi??? cuz im planning to buy it, but i have heard lots of complains comes in piaggio... and person buys new thing cuz he knows its reliable and wont create problems.... so it is reliable enough??
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
    >>>>D£Ŧƛᵯƛ§Ø ƁØ¥§<<<<

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ALL
    As some of you might know, my father passed away on August 17th. Therefore I was not able to follow up this thread. I will try to get the pictures for you people.
    Love thy Parents.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sd View Post
    i wana ask one thing is piaggio 125 storm 2 chasis, engine, suspension is strong enough and reliable as compare to other brands like unique, honda, suzuki etc etc??? and is it locally manufactured or it is manufactured n china and assembled here? and why is it so cheap in price as compare to honda cg 125 and suzuki gs 125 or gs 150??? and when will new model of piaggio will be launched?? and who is the authorized n reliable dealer of piaggio in khi??? cuz im planning to buy it, but i have heard lots of complains comes in piaggio... and person buys new thing cuz he knows its reliable and wont create problems.... so it is reliable enough??
    Bro, The chasis and suspension is very reliable. About the engine, I had no real trouble with the engine in my experience. It used to come as a CBU from China but now Ravi people are manufacturing most of the parts in Pakistan. As per my info, the new model should be available within two to three months. Ravi said two months to be exact. I'm not sure about the dealer in Karachi. I can try to find that out for you though. Will post here after getting that information for you.
    Love thy Parents.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Juste View Post
    thank you for replying chery & umer bros.

do these following parts are available at Mcleod Road ??

lights & indicators, levers, fuel tank & side covers, piston, clutch plates, small engine parts e.g

I actually have a plan to buy a new bike InshAllah not right now but in upcoming months. So thats why i am getting information. My main concern is availability of parts what ever bike i buy.
    Yes all these parts that you mentioned are easily available from Mcleod Rd but they are not cheap.
    Love thy Parents.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List