255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Ravi Piaggio: Maintanence Tips, Queries and Problems

Ravi Piaggio: Maintanence Tips, Queries and Problems - iStock 000008018163Small

1. Cleaning the Fuel Filter
    Click Here

2. Self start problem
    Click Here

3. Adjusting Shocks
    Click Here

4. Speed and RPM cable (Jugar)
    Click Here Pictures Here

5. Cleaning Fuel Tank (Thanks To Vicytulla)
    Click Here

6. Solving the air lock problem (Thanks To Vickytulla) Click Here

7. Repairing the broken locks of fairings Click Here

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I baught this bike 2 days ago,

one problem I am facing right now is that its self start is not working properly, I try to start it it just keeps on trying but nothing happens, mean self starter motor works but bike does not starts, I keep trying with short bursts, but no luck, then when I feel its not gonna start, then w8 a moment try again it just start without any problem. can't understand the problem at all. even i tried with kick to start but no luck.
    may be u can help me.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by askhan1209 View Post
    I baught this bike 2 days ago,

one problem I am facing right now is that its self start is not working properly, I try to start it it just keeps on trying but nothing happens, mean self starter motor works but bike does not starts, I keep trying with short bursts, but no luck, then when I feel its not gonna start, then w8 a moment try again it just start without any problem. can't understand the problem at all. even i tried with kick to start but no luck.
    may be u can help me.
    Choke day kar self maro bhaiya...
    legend will revive soon

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

choke dy k b daikhi hai, middle b full be, but kuch nai hota, aisa b nai hai k hota hi nai start. hota hai but bohat tang krta hai. aisy lagta hai jasiy current nai aa rha..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nai bike main aisa to nai hona chaiyae..Got to your warranty centre..Choke band kar kay ignition switch off pay rakhain..3-4 kicks marain phir ignition on kar kay kick/self starter try karain.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by askhan1209 View Post
    choke dy k b daikhi hai, middle b full be, but kuch nai hota, aisa b nai hai k hota hi nai start. hota hai but bohat tang krta hai. aisy lagta hai jasiy current nai aa rha..
    Don't worry as bike is new go to warranty claim centre
    and show them this problem of starting, I guess there may be some issue with plug or plug holder

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get it to claim center you are free !

I can share my knowledge when bike is dead and donot give any signal of life.

1 - get the Plug out and kick the bike while plug is in contact with engine and cable is contacted to it.
    2 - If you notice sparks in the Plug Chamber then you are clear from any issue from Electricals..
    3 - Now Focus on Carb, close the tank fuel cork and drain it notice if there is any signs of water in it if there is water, then you catch the problem just drain it and open fuel cork give a choke and it will start.
    4 - if no water is in cork, the make sure the feul line is actually sending fuel to carb or not.

I am very sure if you go through this cycle bike can not be missed and you will 100% catch waht is going wrong.

For electricals, if on point 1 if current is not comming, that means the CDI has gone bad or some problem with a lose connection as the bike is new, so it can be expected that any wiring connection may be lose.

I hope it helps you bro... but do go to claim center also.

Quote Originally Posted by devilskreed View Post
    Nai bike main aisa to nai hona chaiyae..Got to your warranty centre..Choke band kar kay ignition switch off pay rakhain..3-4 kicks marain phir ignition on kar kay kick/self starter try karain.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The problem is:

Your air and fuel mixture is not correct.. Check the plug .. If the mixture's correct it will start on just a touch or you have to keep on pushing the damn button.

One thing more dont accelerate while starting the bike.. Just give a push to button then accelerate.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Vickytulla .. Buddy can you kindly tell me is there any sort of hole in fuel cap which needs to be cleaned.. As i think my bikes air cap is blocked and bikes tank is getting air tight which result in fuel getting stucked.. As soon as i open the tank it starts flowing again.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Silver_Knife, I require help regarding Piaggio purchase, can I get your mobile no. please?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by racer7 View Post
    Dear Silver_Knife, I require help regarding Piaggio purchase, can I get your mobile no. please?
    PM Sent

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

:p bara khapa tha men is problem men ...

So you finally faced it too... So now I am sure I am not the only one, My bike stood in office parking for a complete rainy day, so when I fire up the bike it started and half a kilometer out of office it choked like it has no fuel and I was amazed that how can it be possible because Fuel Gauge was in middle showing a half tank of fuel.

I drained the Fuel from Carb in doubt that may be it is because of rain, then I cleaned the plug but 0 success and I checked the current it was coming from ignition, so in doubt that may be Fuel gauge pointer is wrong i should check the tank it self, so when i unlocked the tank, I heard a deep Breath by fuel tank, and I said SH*T fuel tank was AIR LOCKED :-D because of access water all around the cap.

and then I choked and started it again and it came to life with no issue. So I added another rubber seal inside the fuel cap to give some cushion to air to flow easily. It is due to the reason that by the time the orignal rubber seal is shrinked and worn and gets slim and the fuel cap becomes completly air locked so I added another rubber ring/seal to make the cushion same as it used to be when new.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post
    @ Vickytulla .. Buddy can you kindly tell me is there any sort of hole in fuel cap which needs to be cleaned.. As i think my bikes air cap is blocked and bikes tank is getting air tight which result in fuel getting stucked.. As soon as i open the tank it starts flowing again.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    :p bara khapa tha men is problem men ...

So you finally faced it too... So now I am sure I am not the only one, My bike stood in office parking for a complete rainy day, so when I fire up the bike it started and half a kilometer out of office it choked like it has no fuel and I was amazed that how can it be possible because Fuel Gauge was in middle showing a half tank of fuel.

I drained the Fuel from Carb in doubt that may be it is because of rain, then I cleaned the plug but 0 success and I checked the current it was coming from ignition, so in doubt that may be Fuel gauge pointer is wrong i should check the tank it self, so when i unlocked the tank, I heard a deep Breath by fuel tank, and I said SH*T fuel tank was AIR LOCKED :-D because of access water all around the cap.

and then I choked and started it again and it came to life with no issue. So I added another rubber seal inside the fuel cap to give some cushion to air to flow easily. It is due to the reason that by the time the orignal rubber seal is shrinked and worn and gets slim and the fuel cap becomes completly air locked so I added another rubber ring/seal to make the cushion same as it used to be when new.
    Hmm.. literally its jugar.. Thanks.. And one thing more.. Can you help me about this one.

When i shift gears and release the clutch the transition from rest to motion is not smooth. Its something like some "garrari" is loose and first the garrari rotates and then the wheel..

It happened before and when i went to karachi i went to mechanic, he was expert he take a ride and than tightened one of the nut, as i wasnt present so i wasnt able to see which nut exactly was tightened..

And now this mechanic in my university says that its rear sprocket set needs to be changed, i know that wont solve the problem..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mostly when it happens to my ride, i change the rear drum rubber and that fixes it , I supose you have new rubbers installed recently then it must be something around the sprockect close investigation will figure it out, I doubt the front garrari of sprocket has some losing, you need to check it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post

Hmm.. literally its jugar.. Thanks.. And one thing more.. Can you help me about this one.

When i shift gears and release the clutch the transition from rest to motion is not smooth. Its something like some "garrari" is loose and first the garrari rotates and then the wheel..

It happened before and when i went to karachi i went to mechanic, he was expert he take a ride and than tightened one of the nut, as i wasnt present so i wasnt able to see which nut exactly was tightened..

And now this mechanic in my university says that its rear sprocket set needs to be changed, i know that wont solve the problem..

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mostly when it happens to my ride, i change the rear drum rubber and that fixes it , I supose you have new rubbers installed recently then it must be something around the sprockect close investigation will figure it out, I doubt the front garrari of sprocket has some losing, you need to check it.
    I was also thinking the same.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Khawar to me bhi bohat hua tha is problem ki waja se..

Once coming back from uni.. Bike suddenly chocked.. I was damn confused and it was about 1 am.. Completely deserted area.. I was totally confused what might be the problem.. Ofcourse there is fuel in tank almost 5L, plug was working fine.. And then without any next thought i took out tools and started unscrewing the fuel cork.. But then i realized that i cant take it out easily.. Then just to check the fuel i opened the fuel cap.. And the bike started.. I didnt realized it at that particular time.. Then while going with friend samething happened and he told me that "Bike hawa pakr rahi hai"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a Ravi Piaggio for the last 1.5 years. It has been used very sparingly... done only 700 km till now. What maintainence do I need to do at this mileage considering the time factor. I drive it once in 1-2 weeks.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drsaed View Post
    I have a Ravi Piaggio for the last 1.5 years. It has been used very sparingly... done only 700 km till now. What maintainence do I need to do at this mileage considering the time factor. I drive it once in 1-2 weeks.
    Just change its mobile oil after 3 months.. Either used or not

Recharge its battery.. And nothing else..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

that would have bee well preserved I suppose

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes it is:-)... bought it just to take a relaxing ride off and on in evenings... got it serviced today with change of oil
    that would have bee well preserved I suppose

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1.5 years & bike still in running period only 700km driven
    guinness record banaane ka eraada hai kiya bro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

User Tag List