876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Piaggio Storm Evolution

It was a start 2009 and I acquired a Chinese bike which I only saw a couple of time on road from a far cousin and friend who was leaving for a job abroad and needed money, his bike was knew and stylish and was with few hundred km(s) on meter and was in brand knew condition, me being pessimist at time of purchase, and had hard time with a brand knew CG 125 Japanese which blew its rings with in a year becuase of me a bike abuser, I wasn't expecting much from Chinese counter part.

By the way I shoved two CGs before, a sprinter, two chinese 70(one 72cc and one 78cc version) beside the bigger rides or atvs.

The reason I am making this thread today is that I have used, abused, raced, skipped oil changes, skipped service for months, accidents and used it just like "LAHORIS DO" and Now with full confidence I can advise this bike to some one looking for some reliable motor for commuting in city limits or even thinking to tour in out skirts of Pakistan, this Horse has no problem. its been more then 4/5 years and now I dont ride it very often and my brother is using it and doing modification stuff with it and its still workingand that really makes me satisfied about its performance.

Secondly its spare parts have stream lined well here (Talking about lahore, I hear its still scarce in karachi, quetta and other cities but hopefully its on right track it will be streamlined there as well if Mr. Khappay dont make more issues for industries) and now I find local manufactured parts as well .. not to mention even mug-gaurds, lights and fenders manufacture has bee started as well..

Piaggio Storm Evolution -1108050

PROS:
    • Reliable and Long lasting Engine, Very Forgiving.
    • Super Good breaks
    • Self Starter
    • Visible Oil Indicator Mirror
    • Battery Standby lights/horn
    • Fuel Gauge, Gear Indicator
    • Very Comfortable Suspension
    • Even its manufactured in China but being a Paiggio BRANDED they are keeping strict check on quality off-course its not still matchable with Japanese but in the given price its a Super Best Deal.
    • Its current Price is 87k but in market its available for 92~96k
    • very good riding with bigger tyres.
    • better top speed with cruising fifth gear.
    • better fuel efficiency (45~55 per liter depending on useage/abuseage believe me it does and it is famous for this too)
    • VERY VERY eye catchy design.
    • Auto adjusting Tappet (I forgot to add this but this a a technology used by paiggio in there scooter that bike adjust loosing valves itself with steel cushions b/e valve and rokker arm hence no niose from engine and perfect poewer delevery every time you throtle her.)
    • Wider Power Band and more Horse Power in same 125cc engine with less fuel useage.

CONS
    • Very Bad Chain Cover.
    • Fuel Gauge issue (never happened to me but heard it a lot)
    • Bad acceleration (It do not accelerate like CG power plus)
    • Professional Riders feel it as an underpowered bike due to only a 125c engine.
    • Bad at cornering (believe me on this, you need a metzeler/dunlop 110 with rear suspension full rigid and front lowered at least 2' for paiggio to perform leaned over cornering or you will slip away while corning)
    • MORE PLASTIC more WEAR AND TEAR.. of course the same bemari we have in Deluxe.
    • Expert mechanic non availability... (now this is big one because trained paiggio professionals are looting paiggio customers in maintenance)
    • Expensive and less availability of spare parts in other cities the its factory city Lahore.
    • Production is not meeting Demand, many unhappy awaiting customers.
    • Yes it has a Good top speed then CG-PowerPlus but MY bike never crossed 120KMH in normal conditions (believe me on this again I have been using it for years now and now finally ritered it) I used to think it does but then I synced it with my car and reliesed the reality max it did ever was 115km at 10k RPM in straight rode and took 1 whole kilometer to do that. So Get over it now.
    • Servis Tyre comming with new Bikes really kills you (no grip) prevuisly it had better chinese tyre, bike orignally requires atleast a 3.25 or 3.50 tyre in stock condition but they are putting a deluxe 90-90-18 in it to save money.
    • Bad PLUG (and this is one famous issue people mostly put NGK in there bikes on first week as said its a chinese bike so one will have to accept few minor flaws in the given package.)

Some Pictures From PAST year with the Ride :

Piaggio Storm Evolution -1108056

Its one of the Ride after Yamaha YB ROyale which I found has a very neat finish in its color.

Piaggio Storm Evolution -1108054

Piaggio Storm Evolution -1108052

My Old 70, My ATV, paiggo, and dads car all stuffed in car porch
    Piaggio Storm Evolution -1108051

lonely long rides
    Piaggio Storm Evolution -1108059

My dailly office runner
    Piaggio Storm Evolution -1108053

battery acid ruined the chrome after a couple of years, but amazingly its running still on its orignal battery and self starts, never used kick.
    Piaggio Storm Evolution -1108057

this is old picits from I think, while going to sahiwal
    Piaggio Storm Evolution -1108055

Old pic again..
    Piaggio Storm Evolution -1108058

Now my brother is using it and has done nasty stuff with it, as I am mostly on site workking so he is all time poking screww drivers and wrenches into it .. will post details of his "Incarnation" and "evolutions" in a humble bike.. which dont look humble any more.

As a Biker Should I Buy it ?

This is the most important question which is extensively asked so here are some imprtant things which you should consider before going for Paiggo:
    1 - Do you bother to take care of you ride ?
    2 - Do you prefer Acceleration or COMFORT ?
    3 - Do you like fuel Economy with Top Speed ?
    4 - Do you prefer self starter, modern equips on you bike instruments panel ?
    5 - You dont do accident very often because you are not a rash driver?
    6 - You are planning to keep this ride for atleast next 3/5 year after that you will plan to switch to even newer bike any ways ?
    7 - You want it for daily commuting not for draggin it with CG every day?
    8 - You are not planning to distribute dhoodh on it ?
    9 - You are not obessed with a any other bike already, supose you are making decsion b/w CG, GS and paiggo, then dont go for paiggo or GS in any case, because you are matching 3 different machines and you will regret so to buy GS or a paiggio, so straight go for a CG.. thats you animal
    10 - This bike is chinese are you willing to accept few flaws in it or will you start whining on it all over if yes you will whine then go for a CG again..

NOTE : I am not a HKF representative or any RAVI Marketing person, I am just another biking enthusiast and a Pakistan Bikers Club member, and just retired my Storm 125 to my younger brother, so I thought I should share my experience.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

k will attack on him soon THANKS BHAI Vickytulla
    Can,t think of a better signature

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Design:
    Piaggio is pretty......Its by far the best looking modern design in Pakistan.
    Its not just an Italian name....... Italian charisma is quite evident from the design.
    I never rode one.... its a rare sight in Karachi.

Resale:
    Piaggio commands a good resale value here in Karachi....... that alone is very convincing surrogate indicator that Product quality is decent (Better than Chondas)

Price:
    Currrently its in the same price range as premium 100cc or 110cc Japanese brands (Pridor, Raider, etc).....and Piaggo is gaining popularity amongst 110cc and 100cc bikers......thats why Piaggo is doing good in Punjab. As 110cc and 100cc category is not a significant market here in Karachi that's why it is not as popular here in Karachi.

Being a Karachite I should not be saying this but actually Karachi is insignificant..........and so is lahore and other Urban areas of Pakistan. Piaggio has to gain popularity in the rural areas to shake the gaints. If our farmers start riding a Piaggio thats when Honda will start be worry.

Against Big Brands:
    Uptill now Paiggio is unable to cannibalize Honda and Suzuki 125-150cc users of Pakistan. These users are pretty brand conscious. I firmly believe Piaggio is the one which can wake these brands up and force them to actually make "Real Modern Bikes"
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

110% correct... and thats not going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by aximaxim View Post
    Piaggio has to gain popularity in the rural areas to shake the gaints. If our farmers start riding a Piaggio thats when Honda will start be worry.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default HOW To : Rear Shocks and Fat Tyre

First the Tail:

There are multiple ways which I have seen so far for making tail higher, one is to use the CD-70 rear Shocks Bottom (bocky wala nichla hisa) and put it on the top of you Piaggio/Deluxe Shock like Han1911 did.

Other way is to use a Bottom of Sazgar Rickshaw Front Shock absorber and use it as the Bottom of you paiggos rear shock they are longer then bottoms of Paiggio, and give around 3' inch tail height gain, but no applicable in Deluxe.

What My Buster bro adopted was the second way he found some cheap botttoms from some rickshaw shop and other details are in pictures below...

Before Alteration of Shocks and REAR Tyre :

Piaggio Storm Evolution -1108303

Shocks REMOVED to swao the bottoms with the longer ones.
    Piaggio Storm Evolution -1108301

Piaggio Storm Evolution -1108302
    Longer Bottoms added to Paiggio rear Shocks along with chrome plated cups..

and mechnic Fitting Fat tyre...
    Piaggio Storm Evolution -1108300

Result after and Before took snaps to see the difference
    Piaggio Storm Evolution -1108299

Results : (dont mind about missing tail its under construction )

Piaggio Storm Evolution -1108304

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now I am left with how to add an after market rear mudgaurd and a Tail which I havent seen my self my bro told me he is making one inspired by some bigger machine so lets see...

and lastly the muffler ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That,s a nice and new thing to me. Liked it a looot. Upload a side pose comparing the height now and before
    Can,t think of a better signature

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After going through this thread, I would like to congratulate bother Vicky for his nice & detailed contribution regarding Storm 125.
    This thread was required for new Piaggio lovers as well as the old ones.
    Very new things found here and learned a lot.
    Piaggio lovers can sit and get all the information from previous years up till now.

Actually there are many issues as borther Vicky elaborated in Cons section
    which should be addressed by Ravi on Priority basis.
    But it seems that Ravi only playing the role of itermediary with complete satisfation.

The people are crying but the company don't bother to take necessary steps to enhance the features of the product.
    As a lover of Piaggio, all the Piaggio owners will do agree on the fact that
    as Piaggio has a different class in 125cc then it should always
    go to maintain it's position in the market so that the buyer
    can get mind satisfation first. As for as AHL CG 125 is concerned,
    it has become a relaity now that CG 125 is the best bike in 125 cc line.

But unfortunately AHL is also waiting for the GOOD TIME
    and no cosmetic changes in the body of CG 125 introduced up till now
    and in future also we are not expecting any more changes in CG 125.

Piaggio being the market leader in it's class should focus on
    availibility, spares, expert mechanics availibility, fuel guage issue, battery
    related issues and like wise the after sale service.

The purchaser of Piaggio can invest more money if
    Ravi removes the said issues at earliest,
    no matter there are a no. of lovers for Piaggio
    due to its heavy looks, balanced body, structural design and a reliable engine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by racer7 View Post
    After going through this thread, I would like to congratulate bother Vicky for his nice & detailed contribution regarding Storm 125.
    there are a no. of lovers for Piaggio
    due to its heavy looks, balanced body, structural design and a reliable engine.
    110% correct as vicky bhai said earlier .............................. But its not going to happen anywhere near, May be ravi is just satisfied the way things are moving and they just don't want to do it yet

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That is so very true they are playing the part of a commision broker no doubt why importers by passed them and directly importing the spares for paiggio becuase they are cheaper then buying it from Ravi guys..

But it seems that Ravi only playing the role of itermediary with complete satisfation.

Yes, as the pictures you shared Piaggio has already gone far ahead in new bikes... this bike is seems to be there old model...

Quote Originally Posted by omer85 View Post
    But its not going to happen anywhere near, May be ravi is just satisfied the way things are moving and they just don't want to do it yet

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    oh must missed you question in lines... well omer85 our friend Pakwheeler just acuired a Brand New 12 model with Matt Black muffler which is the new model he can put some light on any Pros and CONS in new model...
    Well the new model 2012 is almost the same, same issues like you have mentioned in detail, Alhumdullilah i also did not face that speedometer or fuel gauge problem that is resolved, Chain cover is also fine, One issue is the original spark plug in piaggio which they are using is of very bad quality, In my cd-100 the genuine plug that came with the bike in 2006 i changed it in 2010 Alhumdullilah it went excellent for 4 years never gave me any problem, But piaggio's plug had to be changed on 1000 K.M. service, One more problem which i also had in my bike and also inquired from some other also who bought new piaggio that the front tire bearings are noisy although they are changed in warranty i got them replaced at 300 K.M. i think. Rest all is fine.

Lastly Thory bohot oonch neech to hoty hy hay to theek karwa lo no issues

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Actually there are many issues as borther Vicky elaborated in Cons section
    which should be addressed by Ravi on Priority basis.

But piaggio's plug had to be changed on 1000 K.M. service

I am incresing the CONS sections ... jesay jesay faced problems yad arahi hain I am adding them... Yes I switched to NGK as well after that its the same plug from that time to date...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faizandawood007 View Post
    But the price of CG with so less features kills me
    if registration included it goes to 1lac for a 125cc engine and body that,s hell too much atleast piaggo is giving so much 4 its price
    what i concluded now is that CG is for those who like to kill themselves and Piaggo is 4 those who need a daily comfortable runner
    Today got a chance to ride with my friend who owns CG125 Euro2. So i offered him my GS and took his CG. I was a bit excited that today i am gonna rave the s.hit out of this CG. But as soon as i sit on the bike, i felt as if i was sitting on bicycle
    twisted the throttle, it accelerated well, but once beyond 80Km/h speed, feeling of stability zero, handling confidence zero. on ascendings it felt like if i need to turn the handle , it simply would slip away. and all this was with a pillion rider. disappointing
    From today, never even gonna argue with anyone saying CG is this, CG is that. just not worth it.
    I can confidently say now, bikes like Junoon/Piaggio/GS have their own class, these are not only comfortable but also much safer to operate at high speeds.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This was the same situation with me when i ride CG .. and not to mention when I ride a 70...

Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    But as soon as i sit on the bike, i felt as if i was sitting on bicycle

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

very good informative thread.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vickytulla

vicky bhai will you be visiting bilal gunj or mcloed road this weekend?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vicky bro thanks for the call.. So the clip ons on your bike are raised ones? and kindly tell me about the headlight.. Some details.. Iam currently away from home.. Will transfer funds in a week...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Fayaz02 View Post
    very good informative thread.
    Thanx sir.

@vickytulla
    vicky bhai will you be visiting bilal gunj or mcloed road this weekend?
    Yep will keep u in loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post
    @vicky bro thanks for the call.. So the clip ons on your bike are raised ones? and kindly tell me about the headlight.. Some details.. I am currently away from home.. Will transfer funds in a week...
    Yes the are raised clip ons .. didnt you seen them in this thread I shared closeup pics.. Headlight new men tu mil rhi hai Crystal lamp men chinses but old Japnes GN250 ya ustran ki mil nahi rhi or ager milti hai tu wo lamp ka nahi pori bike ka rate bata detay hain.. can you belave a GS500e complete LAMp was 2000RS in bilal ganj :O .... I was like what the Fish... so i dumped idea of buying old lamp new chinese crytal lamps are equally relaiable and cheap.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vicky bhai when you are coming to Bilal Gunj?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vicky bhai when you are coming to Bilal Gunj?
    may be tonigt while going home have to collect some stuff

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    Thanx sir.

Yep will keep u in loop.

Yes the are raised clip ons .. didnt you seen them in this thread I shared closeup pics.. Headlight new men tu mil rhi hai Crystal lamp men chinses but old Japnes GN250 ya ustran ki mil nahi rhi or ager milti hai tu wo lamp ka nahi pori bike ka rate bata detay hain.. can you belave a GS500e complete LAMp was 2000RS in bilal ganj :O .... I was like what the Fish... so i dumped idea of buying old lamp new chinese crytal lamps are equally relaiable and cheap.
    hmm. means i should dump the idea of getting gn250''s headlight

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List