Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: please help Regarding Ravi Piaggio Mileage :'(

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    ahsenz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Angry please help Regarding Ravi Piaggio Mileage :'(

    AOA everyone ...i own a 2012 Ravi Piaggio .... and whenever i read the comments here ..or listen from somebody's else that the are getting above 40 KMPL ...and sometimes close to 50 KMPL..it really kills me ... so please Piaggios expert owners help me on this ...i love this bike and i dont want to get rid off it , just because the mileage is very low ..p.s i m only getting 28-30 KMPL


  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    omer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    31
    Posts
    616
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahsenz View Post
    AOA everyone ...i own a 2012 Ravi Piaggio .... and whenever i read the comments here ..or listen from somebody's else that the are getting above 40 KMPL ...and sometimes close to 50 KMPL..it really kills me ... so please Piaggios expert owners help me on this ...i love this bike and i dont want to get rid off it , just because the mileage is very low ..p.s i m only getting 28-30 KMPL
    Walaikumusallam,

    As ur bike is 2012 hoping the engine is in good condition, a lot depends on ur riding style also i mean are u driving it very fast with full throttle and redlining the rpm then this millage is good but if u r driving normal speed then get it checked, If ur bike is still in warranty get it checked under warranty from sheikh ravi warranty center as ur location is rawalpindi, if not in warrant still get it checked from sheikh ravi waranty center, get the carburetor mixture settings checked, check spark plug the gap and color of the spark plug would tell a lot, if u r still using original ravi piaggio plug get it changed with ngk plug, get the spark of the ignition coil checked weather ignition coil is providing proper spark to spark plug or not, these are just some of the possibilities i have listed there might be other's also better get it checked and see what the mechanic advises.

  3. #3
    Site Banned Follow
    Silver_Knife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    8,070
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I never got above 40KMPL.. You need to adjust your carburetor .. Its rich on fuel.. Copper red shows good burn.. Black plug means extra fuel

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    i.ahmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    33
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i have completed 700km today.. and till now my fuel consumption is above 40.. carefully noted last 1 itre consumption and it is 46km/litre on speed 60kmph. the bike is still on factory settings and tuning/service is due soon.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    ahsenz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omer85 View Post
    Walaikumusallam,

    As ur bike is 2012 hoping the engine is in good condition, a lot depends on ur riding style also i mean are u driving it very fast with full throttle and redlining the rpm then this millage is good but if u r driving normal speed then get it checked, If ur bike is still in warranty get it checked under warranty from sheikh ravi warranty center as ur location is rawalpindi, if not in warrant still get it checked from sheikh ravi waranty center, get the carburetor mixture settings checked, check spark plug the gap and color of the spark plug would tell a lot, if u r still using original ravi piaggio plug get it changed with ngk plug, get the spark of the ignition coil checked weather ignition coil is providing proper spark to spark plug or not, these are just some of the possibilities i have listed there might be other's also better get it checked and see what the mechanic advises.
    i had checked all the above listed things which u've told me ..... i changed the plug wid ngk ....... checked the coil ...even changed it wid a custom one some Chinese named ''premio'' ...and i usually drive wid in the 8k RPM .....
    and i get my biked tuned from sheikh ravi centre ..the guy there usman said the plug is fine i, i mean having that reddish copper tone ....
    i still cant understand whats wrong wid my bike ...
    some how a thought came into my mind that ''the jets of my carb are not fine ...i think that might be that reason ...can it be ????

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    omer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    31
    Posts
    616
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahsenz View Post
    i had checked all the above listed things which u've told me ..... i changed the plug wid ngk ....... checked the coil ...even changed it wid a custom one some Chinese named ''premio'' ...and i usually drive wid in the 8k RPM .....
    and i get my biked tuned from sheikh ravi centre ..the guy there usman said the plug is fine i, i mean having that reddish copper tone ....
    i still cant understand whats wrong wid my bike ...
    some how a thought came into my mind that ''the jets of my carb are not fine ...i think that might be that reason ...can it be ????
    yup if everything else has been checked and also many replaced, then it could be the carburetor have you talked with him about replacing carburetor if under warranty?

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    ahsenz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omer85 View Post
    yup if everything else has been checked and also many replaced, then it could be the carburetor have you talked with him about replacing carburetor if under warranty?
    no the bike is not in warranty ....its been an year and 2 months since i bought it ..... i havent talked to him about the carb...everytime i go to his shop ..he says "ahsen bhai mileage theek hai" plug bhe theek rang ka hai ...
    i m frustrated now ..... samjh nai a rai kia kru ..........

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    omer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    31
    Posts
    616
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @vickytulla

    Kyu waqar bhai, what do you suggest? have you ever got your carbs jets changed? as you own a 2009 model

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,414
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    As I am looking at the problem here are my 2cents..

    Running a bike uptill 8k in 5th gear means sealing it on 90kmh ... and if not the the top gear and using lower gears more fuel is consumed, so Ahsen bhai do you really think it would do any better with reving engine high?


    I am using a old piaggio with worn out engine it gives me around 35~38 and in straight roads Max 40km/L, but please do keep in mind that I am using a Fat heavy Bike Tyre and with free Flow Heavy Bike exhaust and Free Flow air Intake so it justifies why it is doing under 40km whhile in her glory Days it reached 50km happily under 6k-RPM where as Ravi Claims it to even reach 60KM/L

    Ahsen bhai one more thing I wana share : The Bad Thing which ever Happend in 2009 was that My bike Belonged to the Imported Lot which had a Fuality Carb and a Fuality EuroII device which did that "patakha" thing on reving high (just like new CGs) and mileage was bad and bike was not any way Idling properly I read in news paper that Ravi has called in all Paiggios to get the Carb and Euro-II device replaced for free and I got it changed and after that no problem ever faced related to Carb or EuroII Device ... last tuning was done 6 months back as I dont have any filters to clean in bike and paiggio has self adjusting valves so nothing left for tuning only oil changes are done..

    get little freindly with your ride notice closely you will identify what makes her consume more fuel ... are you haevy wieght and ride with pillion rider, or do you rev it and lead in front on all cars bikes when ever the signal light turns green on roads.. e.t.c.. and you will identify the problem soon...


    Omer85 did a speedy sprint from Islamabad to lahore when he reached Lahore we did some rough calculations that what mileage he achieved on high speeds and it was roughly 27~35 KM/L if that very same tour was done on lower speeds results have been different so I hope you I explained it well.


    Happy Riding.


    Quote Originally Posted by ahsenz View Post
    .and i usually drive wid in the 8k RPM .....
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,414
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omer85 View Post
    yup if everything else has been checked and also many replaced, then it could be the carburetor have you talked with him about replacing carburetor if under warranty?
    Its very easy to indentify if the carb is pushing right mixture in chamber and if the plug color is correct then why bother to poke carb... Plug colors explains well what the carb is giving to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ahsenz View Post
    no the bike is not in warranty ....its been an year and 2 months since i bought it ..... i havent talked to him about the carb...everytime i go to his shop ..he says "ahsen bhai mileage theek hai" plug bhe theek rang ka hai ...
    i m frustrated now ..... samjh nai a rai kia kru ..........
    May be you need to find a better mechnic ?



    Quote Originally Posted by omer85 View Post
    @vickytulla

    Kyu waqar bhai, what do you suggest? have you ever got your carbs jets changed? as you own a 2009 model
    No I got the complete carb changed in same year 2009, along with other Devices... I always found its mileage good because I was using CG125 and CG is famous in petrol .... so men tu balkay ulta comfortable ho gya tha..

    But It literlly drinks fuel on High reving and high speeds that is also true... its only good when riden like a gentle man.... if you go Nasty she Goes Nastier...
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,414
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ahsen bhai are the valve, tappets, rokker, piston, rings in good condition ? that can be one of the reason of bad mileage too..
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    ahsenz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    As I am looking at the problem here are my 2cents..

    Running a bike uptill 8k in 5th gear means sealing it on 90kmh ... and if not the the top gear and using lower gears more fuel is consumed, so Ahsen bhai do you really think it would do any better with reving engine high?


    I am using a old piaggio with worn out engine it gives me around 35~38 and in straight roads Max 40km/L, but please do keep in mind that I am using a Fat heavy Bike Tyre and with free Flow Heavy Bike exhaust and Free Flow air Intake so it justifies why it is doing under 40km whhile in her glory Days it reached 50km happily under 6k-RPM where as Ravi Claims it to even reach 60KM/L

    Ahsen bhai one more thing I wana share : The Bad Thing which ever Happend in 2009 was that My bike Belonged to the Imported Lot which had a Fuality Carb and a Fuality EuroII device which did that "patakha" thing on reving high (just like new CGs) and mileage was bad and bike was not any way Idling properly I read in news paper that Ravi has called in all Paiggios to get the Carb and Euro-II device replaced for free and I got it changed and after that no problem ever faced related to Carb or EuroII Device ... last tuning was done 6 months back as I dont have any filters to clean in bike and paiggio has self adjusting valves so nothing left for tuning only oil changes are done..

    get little freindly with your ride notice closely you will identify what makes her consume more fuel ... are you haevy wieght and ride with pillion rider, or do you rev it and lead in front on all cars bikes when ever the signal light turns green on roads.. e.t.c.. and you will identify the problem soon...


    Omer85 did a speedy sprint from Islamabad to lahore when he reached Lahore we did some rough calculations that what mileage he achieved on high speeds and it was roughly 27~35 KM/L if that very same tour was done on lower speeds results have been different so I hope you I explained it well.


    Happy Riding.
    aoa.. reving upto 8k means, thats the red line for me ..i hardly go beyong 8k ...i usually stay at 5-6k ...and i m not heavy at all ... i m 70KG ..i dont think thats kinda heavy ....2nd thing mere bhe bike main halka patakha sa aata hai ...when i accelerate a bit and let go ... that mechanic USMAN told me that its because of the EURO II system .... weird huh.... once he blocked the euroII exhaust pipe by a bolt ....virtually disabling the euro II system ..that eliminated the patakha..bt lagta tha jese bike ka gala ghut gaya hai ...so i opened it back ...does it means that i have a faulty device too ?????
    so that might be the case ????
    and i hv done only 8000 kms on the bike ..... rings and piston ?? i dont think so .......

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,414
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahsenz View Post

    aoa.. reving upto 8k means, thats the red line for me ..i hardly go beyong 8k ...i usually stay at 5-6k ...and i m not heavy at all ... i m 70KG ..i dont think thats kinda heavy ....
    hmmm ... so you are a light weight gentle man rider then there is some thing with the bike for sure...


    Quote Originally Posted by ahsenz View Post
    2nd thing mere bhe bike main halka patakha sa aata hai ...when i accelerate a bit and let go ... that mechanic USMAN told me that its because of the EURO II system .... weird huh....
    hmm... actually that is a large patackha but paiggio being carrying a mute silencer it is heard with little sound... with lot of wasted petrol burnt in silencer ..

    Quote Originally Posted by ahsenz View Post
    once he blocked the euroII exhaust pipe by a bolt ....virtually disabling the euro II system ..that eliminated the patakha..bt lagta tha jese bike ka gala ghut gaya hai ...so i opened it back ...does it means that i have a faulty device too ?????
    so that might be the case ????
    might be... Only mechnic can tell this...

    Quote Originally Posted by ahsenz View Post
    and i hv done only 8000 kms on the bike ..... rings and piston ?? i dont think so .......
    Sir I sold my CG with 7k on ODO meter with blown Ring/Piston and worn out clutch .. but I am sure thats not ur case because you said you ride Good.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    gull_s_777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bahawalpur
    Posts
    2,276
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    Omer85 did a speedy sprint from Islamabad to lahore when he reached Lahore we did some rough calculations that what mileage he achieved on high speeds and it was roughly 27~35 KM/L if that very same tour was done on lower speeds results have been different so I hope you I explained it well.
    oh bhains,
    ye 20s ka figure bhi aane lag gaya hai ab humari tinny tiny bikes mein
    by the way, ISL to Lahore on full throttle on my Junoon used to give me 42Km/L , so i would expect 35Km/L from piaggio, but 27???? that is going to 250cc territory , isn't it??



    Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    Sir I sold my CG with 7k on ODO meter with blown Ring/Piston and worn out clutch .. but I am sure thats not ur case because you said you ride Good.

    what on earth did you do with it


  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,414
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Or dalo WADAY WADAY TYRE ... 250cc banao ... actually it had a bad Ignition Coil and the estimates we did were rough ...

    Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    oh bhains,
    ye 20s ka figure bhi aane lag gaya hai ab humari tinny tiny bikes mein
    by the way, ISL to Lahore on full throttle on my Junoon used to give me 42Km/L , so i would expect 35Km/L from piaggio, but 27???? that is going to 250cc territory , isn't it??
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    gull_s_777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bahawalpur
    Posts
    2,276
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    Or dalo WADAY WADAY TYRE ... 250cc banao ... actually it had a bad Ignition Coil and the estimates we did were rough ...
    hahahaha
    sahi baat hai,
    i am checking my GS average with 5 litre petrol now, riding it hard and reving upto 10K+ rpm, lets see what kind of shock it gives me now.

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    omer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    31
    Posts
    616
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    oh bhains,
    ye 20s ka figure bhi aane lag gaya hai ab humari tinny tiny bikes mein
    by the way, ISL to Lahore on full throttle on my Junoon used to give me 42Km/L , so i would expect 35Km/L from piaggio, but 27???? that is going to 250cc territory , isn't it??
    42Km/L thats nice at what speed? and was it constant without any break or with breaks? i mean in one go non stop?

  18. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    ahsenz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    any reputed mechanic in rwp/isl ?????????///// other thn usman ?
    who could fix the said issue... without destroying the bike
    ........ and fixing it ..instead of experimenting on it and gaining experience ....

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,414
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    what on earth did you do with it
    Raced the $H*T out of it in few months ... didnt waited for break in or what so ever ... so it died early had to sell it for half the price... .... now dont abuse me for doing that.. I am a good boy now...


    I dedicate a complete album to it, here how it looked in its full glory...
    https://www.pakwheels.com/bikes/ride...-of-vickytulla

    please help Regarding Ravi Piaggio Mileage   -1129783

    please help Regarding Ravi Piaggio Mileage   -1129784
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    omer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    31
    Posts
    616
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @ahsenz

    Check ur Private Message - Inbox

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •