Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By racer7
  • 1 Post By aximaxim
  • 1 Post By vickytulla
  • 1 Post By imranbhatti

Thread: Need Advise frm PIAGGIO OWNERS regarding FUEL TANK.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy Need Advise frm PIAGGIO OWNERS regarding FUEL TANK.

Need Advise frm PIAGGIO OWNERS regarding FUEL TANK.

Hi Guyz! As the fuel tank of my ravi piaggio got rusted from inside which spread over and caused small holes, i didn't ride my bike since 2 weeks. I m in serious problem Kindly tell me should i weld it or buy new one. If i weld it, there would still be a chance of leaking after sometime. And none of the dealer have fuel tank. Even it is not available in the factory as they said that they will get the shipment within one month (which is not confirm).
    What should i do????????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Try any alternatives or order someone to design one for you because welding a fuel tank is not the permanent solution of the problem

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You may get it reparied through gas welding and if it is in bad condition then you may go to McLeod Road fuel tank shops, they will change it's Lower Portion and it will be rocking.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

gas weld all the way
    legend will revive soon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If it got rusted from below then you can get it repaired without weldding too or use Epoxy steel... it works for ages without getting weld but if you wana go for perfection you can get a new Tank from Ravi Factory ... you can connect to PBC as PBC has some direct links and will arrange fuel Tank for you at 'real' factory price...

Beside model konsa hai ? itni jaldi Rust na mumkin si baat hai ? I am using around 5years old paiggio never felt any thing like 'rust' in tank ... do you keep lower feul level in tank ? or is there water in Tank which is doing this all nasty ?

Hope this helps.

Happy Riding.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Apply Epoxy Steel for the time being until to cant source a new one.
    If you want a permanent solution at affordable cost then get your fuel tank repaired by welding in the hole and then apply epoxy paint inside the tank. Give it ample time to cure and then you can enjoy a long lasting repair to your tank. Epoxy paint is fuel resistant and will not dissolve like other paints
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yep Epoxy donot disolve and best thing to get the Fuel tank fully enameled .. most classic rides are fully enameled from inside with epxoy to keep them in same shape for generations..

Quote Originally Posted by aximaxim View Post
    Apply Epoxy Steel for the time being until to cant source a new one.
    If you want a permanent solution at affordable cost then get your fuel tank repaired by welding in the hole and then apply epoxy paint inside the tank. Give it ample time to cure and then you can enjoy a long lasting repair to your tank. Epoxy paint is fuel resistant and will not dissolve like other paints
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks all of you for your precious information. I got it repaired from factory

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Don't weld it, its not safe... remove it and attach some other bike's tank to it... for a temp kaam chalao jugar and place an order for a new one.

U must have washed the tank or something otherwise they dont rust like that

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For minor cracks or holes Depoxi/Epoxy is best solution, in case of welding u wud lost the paint job and for propoer welding & strengthening quite a high area wud be affected then the apparent weak in current situation.

All Piaggio Owners some of you might be aware of the fact that Fuel Tank Lid of Storm 125 is having a flaw i.e. the water enters the tank through breather hole & Key hole, another flaw is the pot type collar for Fuel tank Lid which allows water to stay around the empty space & water drips in wen Fuel lid is opened. Apparantly they have implanted a metallic drain pipe through the tank for water exit but its orientation is not correct & it fails to perfom intended function. So practically the Srom 125 is more prone to Water entry then of other bike & such accomolation of water inside the tank definately cud leads to such issues. I have observed the issue in 2008, 2009 & 2010 & not sure if its still not properly fixed by manufacturer.
    Exploring Machines is my Passion...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

pity them ... they are still relying on the same drain hose, manufacturer didnt bother like many other faults .

Even I dont keep the bike in neat clean shape all the time but kept the empty space and lid clean all the time to avoid any kachra entering the petrol so I never faced this problem lucky me

Quote Originally Posted by imranbhatti View Post
    For minor cracks or holes Depoxi/Epoxy is best solution, in case of welding u wud lost the paint job and for propoer welding & strengthening quite a high area wud be affected then the apparent weak in current situation.

All Piaggio Owners some of you might be aware of the fact that Fuel Tank Lid of Storm 125 is having a flaw i.e. the water enters the tank through breather hole & Key hole, another flaw is the pot type collar for Fuel tank Lid which allows water to stay around the empty space & water drips in wen Fuel lid is opened. Apparantly they have implanted a metallic drain pipe through the tank for water exit but its orientation is not correct & it fails to perfom intended function. So practically the Srom 125 is more prone to Water entry then of other bike & such accomolation of water inside the tank definately cud leads to such issues. I have observed the issue in 2008, 2009 & 2010 & not sure if its still not properly fixed by manufacturer.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List