4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150?

Last night one of my friend came to me asking to suggest him a new bike to buy. Well as i was oout of market from months so instead of me it was him who came up with new updates. He told me that piaggio has launched 150 cc bike and he is gonna buy that.But i myself having some doubts on it. I would still like to go for suzuki instead of ravi. Despite the shape its has nothing better than suzuki or does the newere model have any thing different?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Gull bhai power to weight ratio dekhian sir ..

Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    -baqi to theek hai lekin GS150 aka Mola 12BHP bike hai.
    GS150 with 150cc and wet weight of 130~ (dry 127KG) gives 8.9 KW
    RP125 with 126cc and wet weight of 115~ (dry 112KG) gives 8.3 KW

-Aur agar ravi high speed pe cruise karti hai to GS konsa 80Km/h pe ja ke ruk jati hai
    Sir mene kaha kaha k GS cruise nahi kerti mene tu even GS150 ki cruise kerty howay picture bhi attach ki hai incase if you have missed my point is kay 125 Class men high speed cruiser koi paiggio k muqably ki Pkistani market men hai tu dikhain ?

-Self adjusting auto Valves and tappets?? isn't it the same in GS????
    I saw the tappet cover opened of GS it has a different chain driven head with CAM so it doesnt need that adjuster as there poppet Valve are less vulnerable in OHC's setup to go loose early, this feature is what gives RP a distinction from other OHV engines thats why i didnt mentined in comparison with GS as both have different engines.

-Fuel economy?? didn't omer get around 30Km/lit on his speed trip from ISL to Lahore? It's the same i get on my GS when cruising @100Km/h.

yes because Omers bike was heavily modified with Plug, high ignition wires, Bulky tyres, God know what, remember I happen to went on a stock paiggio to Galiyat and shazim to khujerab well we have a different story to tell :

Quote Originally Posted by shazimzahir View Post
    - it was superb in speed as i started from 80-90 km/hr to Maintained speed 115-120 km/hr. so no missing no heat up issues, amazingly i drove it continuously 12-15 hrs,
    - bike control was really wonderful on 120 km/hr no vibration in handle,
    - petrol average was good on maintain speeds, given 41km/l on high speeds where high winds and heights. almost 51-55km/l in cities on slow speeds
    beside I have used it in city a lot and believe me it gives way above 40km/ltr in almost every day use / abuse.

http://www.ravipiaggio.com/?page_id=415

http://www.suzuki.com.ph/index.php?o...116&Itemid=113

as i said before I may qoute it again the only BIG plus is that piaggio offers you more in the same Price tag.. where as in case of GS150 user is still crippled with skinny tyres, lots of less modern gadgets, non Discs... baki apni apni prefernences hain
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dear asad,

I dont know what you both are talking about but I can give few answers to your quries (I hope ).

The paiggio you are referring to is a BYQ150-II where as the expected BYQ150-VIII (as the dispalayed it in last exhibition) is a different bike just correcting you my brother becuase wrong information is more fatal then no information

Secondly brother if you are keeping ONLY the SPEED as the parameter of a new technology, then it would be useless for any body to prove you some e thing new.

I would strongly suggest you to go through this link and check the details of ergonomics and power and all what they considered when they engineered it from BYQ150-I to BYQ150-VIII to make it latest, new tech..

Robinson

you will definitely like it

Quote Originally Posted by asad01;3982568[B
    Max Speed of around 90km/h[/B].So, once again, which new technology does Piaggio 150 have?
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You said "Piaggio 150 isn't available, so lets compare GS with storm, so i took every point in that view"
    Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    GS weight is mentioned 116Kg on Pakistani manual, but i agree that it feels quite bulky. Don't know which one is true.

beside I have used it in city a lot and believe me it gives way above 40km/ltr in almost every day use / abuse.
    That's great average, though i am still reluctant to accept those fuel average readings given by shazimzahir bro, as those are more like the best i could get on my 100CC Junoon.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You said "Piaggio 150 isn't available, so lets compare GS with storm, so i took every point in that view"

Dear Gull. Plz read out the following link from ravimotorcycles website.

http://www.ravimotorcycles.com/?qa_f...vi-piaggio-125

The average of 60kms/l by piaggio is achieved by following the following ideal conditions (as mentioned on their website):

You must remember that best petrol average is possible with single rider without pillion rider or pillion weight, following ideal conditions are essential:
    Technically bike should be in good condition.
    Smart fit clothing (of rider) is ideal, loose cloths will create extra air resistance.
    Petrol to be used should be of very good quality (87~89 octane rating).
    Roads should be plain without humps and bumps.
    During riding very few braking are allowed.
    Hard acceleration is stictly prohibited.
    Cold tyre pressure Front: 26-28 Pound, Rear: 30~32 Pound
    Bike speed must be between 45~60 km per hour

Simply means k agar motorcycle ko cycle ke tarha chalao tau achi average day ga, in other words what the website is referring is actually close to hyper miling techniques.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I tried to open the local website but its all in Flash player and my flash player is gone bad .. so i went on there official philpino site strangely it mentions 127KG because that's one of the other country where it is offered.

I have been mentioning good average from the start if you ever noticed my posts, it was bad in the early most days then the carb was replced under warranty and it went good after that, in the end when I sold it out it was giving as bad as 38 becuase of blown ring pistons.

I cant comment on shazim's but yes I can assure you I got 38 to 45 on GT road while on mountains I got 30~35 and at some places I am 100% sure it may have eaten 25km/liter becuase of only 1st gear use with 250KG weight on it, but still its remarkable isnt it ?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir mene kaha kaha k GS cruise nahi kerti mene tu even GS150 ki cruise kerty howay picture bhi attach ki hai incase if you have missed my point is kay 125 Class men high speed cruiser koi paiggio k muqably ki Pkistani market men hai tu dikhain ?

I saw the tappet cover opened of GS it has a different chain driven head with CAM so it doesnt need that adjuster as there poppet Valve are less vulnerable in OHC's setup to go loose early, this feature is what gives RP a distinction from other OHV engines thats why i didnt mentined in comparison with GS as both have different engines.

yes because Omers bike was heavily modified with Plug, high ignition wires, Bulky tyres, God know what, remember I happen to went on a stock paiggio to Galiyat and shazim to khujerab well we have a different story to tell :

Technical Specs | Ravi.Piaggio.STORM.125

SPECIFICATIONS

as i said before I may qoute it again the only BIG plus is that piaggio offers you more in the same Price tag.. where as in case of GS150 user is still crippled with skinny tyres, lots of less modern gadgets, non Discs... baki apni apni prefernences hain
    Gs150 gives me 30-32 in city and long rides. My office is en-route canal road so I usually ride at around 90km/h. If ridden at economical speed of 60-65 km/h then GS might give higher average. Piaggios before 2013 were not that good and had various problems. However, the 2013 model is a champ and easily outclasses shegee 125 and even gs150. Also, the new gs150 has lots and lots of quality issues. They are not worth to buy anymore

@ Vicky - Just got to know that new shegees come with very thin pressure plates than previous models. This is another cost cutting trick done by AHL. No wonder the newer models struggle to keep with even with older models.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oh! I hope the come up with some notable product in 150 category as rumored a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    @ Vicky - Just got to know that new shegees come with very thin pressure plates than previous models. This is another cost cutting trick done by AHL. No wonder the newer models struggle to keep with even with older models.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bike_junky bro please be fair the average of 60km/h is possible to achieve Says Piaggio
    in those special conditions

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I dont know what you both are talking about but I can give few answers to your quries (I hope ).
    I don't see any answers, only a link that does not provide any clue about the new technology that GS150 does not have. I have seen the link that you provided and a lot more, but I could not even find whether it is OHV or OHC.
    I don't care about the top speed, but everyone who buys Storm does.
    I would strongly suggest you to go through this link and check the details of ergonomics and power and all what they considered when they engineered it from BYQ150-I to BYQ150-VIII to make it latest, new tech..
    I copied that text because it was the only related text I could find in a few minutes, the rest were pictures or flash. My question was about new engine technology, I didn't see any new technology.
    Suzuki 150 old fashioned, not many features, Old engine technology
    Piaggio 150, Young blood, killing looks, new technology
    I didn't get the answer from any website or from anyone here. The photo from your link shows a carburettor, so no EFI or DFI either.

These are the specs I get from your link:
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Asad

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asad01 View Post
    Google didn't come here and boast about the new technology in this bike, YOU did. By the way, a few years ago people were comparing these two totally different bikes and I checked Google, I could not find any technical details about the engine of this 150cc bike, but that it had a Max Speed of around 90km/h.

The most I found from Piaggio BYQ150-2, Piaggio and Zongshen Collaboration Results For Chinese Market | Info Highlight is:
    Code:
    Specification
     Engine: BYQ161FMJ
     Displacement: 144.6 cc
     Bore x Stroke: 61.0 ? 49.5 mm
     Compression Ratio: 8.6:1
     Ignition: CDI
     Starter: Electronic / kick
     Transmission: 5-Speed ​​Constant Mesh
     Max Torque: 9.5 Nm / 7500 rpm
     Max Power: 9.6 kW / 9500 rpm
     Max speed: ≥ 85 km / h
     Max Load: 150 kg
     Front Wheel: 2.75-17
     Rear Wheel: 110-80 ? 17
     Front Break: Disc
     Rear Break: Drum
     LxWxH: 2010 ? 730 ? 1070 mm
     Wheel Base: 1325 mm
     Fuel tank capacity: 17l
    So, once again, which new technology does Piaggio 150 have?
    I dont want to indulge myself in useless debate. I can prove my point very easily. But again why would i do that?

Years ago when no one was ready to accept Ravi Piaggio 125 as a competitor to Honda CG125 and a new reliable bike in Pakistan i tried bashing every member to prove my point. Temporarily i proved it. But again time is the biggest judgment of all. Time will prove each and everything

I respect your age. Even you should respect it before indulging into useless discussion. I wont even give a damn if someone proves that CD70 has latest technology then Ravi Piaggio 125 or Suzuki gs150. Its time that prove metal not debates

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

OK I got your point, so you are confused by what engine they are offering in the model, and yes it was pretty confusing for me to at first glance and I saw around 5 versions of BYQ150.

The specs given on the website are vague and this has been discussed among paiggio storm user already some where back in forums, only the basic parameters are shared as every BYQ which is launched in some region is first tailered for that area and its terrain accordingly.

I have personally visited and test rode the all new BYQ 150-8 here are some glimpse of my own visit (not a taking frmo internet but sharing only to let you now about engine details as you are interested).

Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150? -1236745

Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150? -1236746

Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150? -1236749

Pakistan bikers Club seniors like Imran bhai , Mustafa have done a detailed inspection of the bike and its engine in exhibition too (some pics from exhibition below in case you dont come to 3 wheels section becuase if you do then you already had knew the engine detsils as it has been discussed already too )

Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150? -1236755

Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150? -1236756

Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150? -1236757

Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150? -1236758

Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150? -1236759

Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150? -1236760

engine is a dual weighted OHC with extra counter balance shaft, it also has a sensor controled economy zone idicator, with 5 gear Dog mesh gear in par to traditional constant fixed mesh, it has a two stage clutch, and many other thing which I wanted to read in the booklet it had..

This bike is a Euro iii an IV complaint with titanium exhaust and catalyst and has so smooth engine note that in a crowdy place where I test rode it several time i had to rev it and look at the RPM to make sure engine is still running..

let me know if GS150 has a counter balancers, or Dog shift Gear box or a two stage clutch, or an economy zone indicator, or a fual gauge even ? or a Gear indicator ? or .. come on I dont feel like I have to list it again and again ..

Quote Originally Posted by asad01 View Post
    I don't see any answers, only a link that does not provide any clue about the new technology that GS150 does not have. I have seen the link that you provided and a lot more, but I could not even find whether it is OHV or OHC.
    I don't care about the top speed, but everyone who buys Storm does.
    I copied that text because it was the only related text I could find in a few minutes, the rest were pictures or flash. My question was about new engine technology, I didn't see any new technology.I didn't get the answer from any website or from anyone here. The photo from your link shows a carburettor, so no EFI or DFI either.

These are the specs I get from your link:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post

Years ago when no one was ready to accept Ravi Piaggio 125 a .............................. Time will prove each and everything...........Its time that prove metal not debates
    110% agreed ... time proved it now I see Paiggio as a leading tourist machine ... and an adorable daily commuter.

Performance speaks larger and louder then words..

Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150? -1236778

Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150? -1236779

Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150? -1236782

Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150? -1236780

Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150? -1236781

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    bike_junky bro please be fair the average of 60km/h is possible to achieve Says Piaggio

Jee bhai, I am not disagreeing with what ravi motorcycle says on their web . But practically, it will not give more then 50-55 at any cost (that too on a lean mixture and by keeping rpm at ~5k) as ideal conditions can only be met in the factory.
    Bas aisay chalao k agar ziada race dee tau kuch toot na jaay mcycle main say phir 50-55 millay ge avg.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro waisay toh Honda bhi apni site par claim karta hai keh us ki cd70 1 litre mein 80kms karti hai
    (source: http://atlashonda.com.pk//wp-content...0-leaf-let.jpg)
    But we all know it is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by bike_junky View Post
    Jee bhai, I am not disagreeing with what ravi motorcycle says on their web . But practically, it will not give more then 50-55 at any cost (that too on a lean mixture and by keeping rpm at ~5k) as ideal conditions can only be met in the factory.
    Bas aisay chalao k agar ziada race dee tau kuch toot na jaay mcycle main say phir 50-55 millay ge avg.
    You are absolutely right. I have driven Ravi 125 extensively and it struggles to give even 45km/l. These local companies make long claims because unfortunately there is no regulation in Pakistan. Yaar even in perfect conditions on road cd70 wont give 80km/l

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

BlueHorn & Bike_junky Guys Guys
    i am not saying Ravi will do 60km/lt bro bike_junky ne
    ravi website se quote kiya ravi ke claim ko 40km/lt. mein bus yeh keh
    raha tha jo ravi walay claim kar rahe woh 60km/lt so jo wanha woh claim kar rahe hai
    kam se woh toh kaho na
    baaqi i know yeh jhoota claim hai

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

BlueHorn & Bike_junky Guys Guys
    i am not saying Ravi will do 60km/lt bro bike_junky ne
    ravi website se quote kiya ravi ke claim ko 40km/lt. mein bus yeh keh
    raha tha jo ravi walay claim kar rahe woh 60km/lt so jo wanha woh claim kar rahe hai
    kam se woh toh kaho na
    baaqi i know yeh jhoota claim hai

You are right. Ab main nay edit kar de hai post jesa k company claim kar rahi hai.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dosto aik sawal pochon ?
    bhai Kia mila bal ki khal utar ker, sharmindagi ? khudi manana par gya na k paiggio storm kerti hai 55KM/L in soft useage and would happly do 45+ with smile in pro useage (even i dont agree but still its way above then its Japani rivals 125s and even 150 ),

wesay bhi ager "AHL70" or "CD 100cc Pridor" or "Suzuki 110cc Raider" 80+ KM/liter kerti hai or forums per per discuss bhi hoti hai ye baat tab tu koi bal ki khal nahi utarta but amazingly jab ravi 125 sirf factory test men 60 km/L ka claim bhi kerdeti hai tu bal ki khal utari jati hain (even end men sharamindagi men majboran likhna perta hai k 50~55 tu kerti he ho ge bla bla bla) but kuch members ko ye baat hazam nahi hoti .. and now we all know that as well as we have learned from past experience..

@BlueHorn @amjad635 from last six years I have seen people trying best to find a way to prove that the new bike in 125 class bike aint good and are still whinning and mean while let me show you whats actually happening out there all over the Pakistan..

No Club today becomes Complete without having it, even now we have Pure Piaggio Clubs (Coutesy : Shazim/LWR):
    Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150? -1237098

While whiners are whining on internet behind there screen, Bikers are smoking the Road on Piaggios
    Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150? -1237091

Success Indicator is Getting ahead bring it on, bringing in New and Ravi is taking Risks and accepting challenges and taking user advices in each and every exhibition and offering test rides to have inputs for there new model, tell me last time when so called japanis did that... OOPS!
    Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150? -1237092

Professionals are getting sponsored and choosing there machine of killer tours
    Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150? -1237093

A hot favorite in Youth
    Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150? -1237094

Comfortable Ride even if you are accompanied with a much larger bike on Tours
    Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150? -1237095

Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150? -1237097

Even now Govt and Army is choosing wisely while whiners are still whining "ye tu 40 kerti hai" lol what a felony...
    Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150? -1237096

enough said, now I should do what my legendary master @BlueHorn told me to do, I must get my pop corns and enjoy the show.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

why so much debate over company claims????
    we know they don't matter s.h.i.t in real life.
    Claim karne ko to Suzuki bhi Mola 150 ki 67Km/lit claim karta hai apni philipine site pe....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

exactly and we all know GS has its own retro swagger kal philipino site per iska wieght mene 127KG dekha lakin jab apnny bataya k nahi local model sirf 116KG hai tu usky bad mene ye kisi or member ny tu koi behas nahi ki (keeping the discussion healthy).. but RP125 ki feul average ki bal ki khal utari gaye (just to flame a thread) even in then end jab dal nahi gali tu khudi manana per gya k han 50~55km/l tu kerti he ho gee bla bla ... that was a flame attack as we have learned over the time.. so just Ignore sir

why so much debate over company claims????
    we know they don't matter s.h.i.t in real life.
    Claim karne ko to Suzuki bhi Mola 150 ki 67Km/lit claim karta hai apni philipine site pe....

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

exactly and we all know GS has its own retro swagger kal philipino site per iska wieght mene 127KG dekha lakin jab apnny bataya k nahi local model sirf 116KG hai tu usky bad mene ye kisi or member ny tu koi behas nahi ki (keeping the discussion healthy).. but RP125 ki feul average ki bal ki khal utari gaye (just to flame a thread) even in then end jab dal nahi gali tu khudi manana per gya k han 50~55km/l tu kerti he ho gee bla bla ... that was a flame attack as we have learned over the time.. so just Ignore sir
    Bro it is possible that pak suzuki Gs150 weighs less than its Philippine counterpart as local manufacturer has used really substandard parts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List