4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150?

Last night one of my friend came to me asking to suggest him a new bike to buy. Well as i was oout of market from months so instead of me it was him who came up with new updates. He told me that piaggio has launched 150 cc bike and he is gonna buy that.But i myself having some doubts on it. I would still like to go for suzuki instead of ravi. Despite the shape its has nothing better than suzuki or does the newere model have any thing different?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I cant comment on that as I never owned a GS150, according to Gull bhai philipino model also claims to do 67KM/liter ... but baat phir wohi ajati hai ky faida discussion ka we all know GS150 is a very good bike jesay k mene kal bhi kaha tha k GS men mujhe sirf aik kami nazar ati hai or wo yeh k same price men Disc brake, better tryes, or fuel gauge, gear indicotr weghar ye da dein tu kiya baat hai ... Maza ajaye ..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    Bro it is possible that pak suzuki Gs150 weighs less than its Philippine counterpart as local manufacturer has used really substandard parts
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    let me clear some details here ... brothers...

GS150 is a class apart, it got ~11 BHP it got good road Cleareance it got every thing a user wants including a self start in a 1lac package.

having said that, lets keep the BYQ paiggio aside as its not in market so its useless to compare, lets compare it with Storm 125:

1 - they lamest thing one would say is its from CHINA (get a life you Nokia is from China too so thats the stupid most way of measuremnt of quality)

2 - It is also 11BHP bike
    3 - It offers Disc Braking
    4 - it Offers better tyres for quality Road Grip (Imagine the skinny tyre which comes with GS)
    5 - it can Cruise on long tours at high speeds
    6 - it has dippers and light switches
    7 - It has intelligent self (wont self start if in gear and clutch not engaged )
    8 - Self adjusting auto Valves and tappets
    9 - Clear winner in fuel Economy (well known to have good mileage)
    10 - gear indicator, fuel gauge, you name it its there....
    11 - Add off course its a direct and clear winner in modernized looks and shape.

all the point which I mentioned above are not present in GS and most of the time people buy a GS and then add these qualities to it and it costs a lot and needs a lot of time specially to make it a disc braking bike, where as paiggio offers it in only 1lac package.

All in All both bikes are Good but Storm Gives you more in a same price.
    Would any body explain what is point no. 8 or its just a copy/paste from somewhere .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys look at this brothers GS150R now this is special ...

Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150? -1237127
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

asad01 just saw you liked the last detailed post in which i tried to answer your queries, I am glad asad01 you got the answers you were looking for.

Frankly I dumped my aging RP125 half a year ago, I am pretty much buzzed off by the Ravi guy as they are dlaying the launch of the new bike again and again .. I my self have put my eye towards AHL now, because I heard from senior members of PBC that some thing really good is being cooked there for youngsters .. and I am very hopefull we would see a Power show from AHL very soon ..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Looks like piaggio is the best bike and GS150 is a piece of crap.

Sent from my Desire HD using PW Forums mobile app
    4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

another useless debate comparing 2 very different motorcycles. You can't say if one thing's better or the other based solely on the technology they're using and their technical specifications. That just means you care about numbers rather than the experience of the motorcycle. donon motorcycles chalao, aur dekho ap ko konsi motorcycle behtar sensation deti hai. Unfortunately even senior members here bash the motorcycles that they do not own in favor of their own motorcycles. Aur jab baat haath say nikalti hai to beech main numbers daal detay hain. Trust me, technical numbers don't matter in real life. What matters is how the bike makes you feel.
    If you're concerned about fuel economy etc, get a 70 or 100cc bike, 125 and 150 will disappoint you cuz we expect 60+ kpl from all bikes here.
    I haven't driven piaggio so cannot comment on it but i have driven the GS150 and for a small-time rider like me (i have a 110cc bike), it was sensational. the pull from its engine on hard acceleration was addicting, and the drivetrain noise of the engine is a delight to my ears.

if you cant decide what to get based on forum discussions and technical numbers, drive both bikes and decide for yourself.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

today i search the ravi site and found this
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

that doent seems to be true @Shafin619 dont be diappointed bro... its a time tested machine, I was only making my self heard that Rp isnt bad too.

and by the way I have used GS150 many times as 70% of my friends own GS150 In our last mega meetup GS150 was the highest number of bikes which came there along paiggios.
    most of the time when ever I and @BlueHorn commute together I just ask him to hop at back and let me enjoy the OOMPH

Quote Originally Posted by Shafin619 View Post
    Looks like piaggio is the best bike and GS150 is a piece of crap.

@ammarzahid your post just made me realize that I went down cheap with a some one who is already expert in that level just in order to explain feature of a paiggio even I sold it and donot own any more and sath he sath GS150 bhi ragri gaye. I am Sorry for that I hope you will forgive that mischeaf

Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    another useless debate comparing 2 very different motorcycles. You can't say if one thing's better or the other based solely on the technology they're using and their technical specifications. That just means you care about numbers rather than the experience of the motorcycle. donon motorcycles chalao, aur dekho ap ko konsi motorcycle behtar sensation deti hai. Unfortunately even senior members here bash the motorcycles that they do not own in favor of their own motorcycles. Aur jab baat haath say nikalti hai to beech main numbers daal detay hain. Trust me, technical numbers don't matter in real life. What matters is how the bike makes you feel.
    If you're concerned about fuel economy etc, get a 70 or 100cc bike, 125 and 150 will disappoint you cuz we expect 60+ kpl from all bikes here.
    I haven't driven piaggio so cannot comment on it but i have driven the GS150 and for a small-time rider like me (i have a 110cc bike), it was sensational. the pull from its engine on hard acceleration was addicting, and the drivetrain noise of the engine is a delight to my ears.

if you cant decide what to get based on forum discussions and technical numbers, drive both bikes and decide for yourself.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is true Tanveer bhai

Quote Originally Posted by naseer_jaan View Post

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

that doent seems to be true @Shafin619 dont be diappointed bro... its a time tested machine, I was only making my self heard that Rp isnt bad too.

and by the way I have used GS150 many times as 70% of my friends own GS150 In our last mega meetup GS150 was the highest number of bikes which came there along paiggios.
    most of the time when ever I and @BlueHorn commute together I just ask him to hop at back and let me enjoy the OOMPH

@ammarzahid your post just made me realize that I went down cheap with a some one who is already expert in that level just in order to explain feature of a paiggio even I sold it and donot own any more and sath he sath GS150 bhi ragri gaye. I am Sorry for that I hope you will forgive that mischeaf
    Bro bus har koi ravi ki tareef karta hai Gs ko tow koi pooch hi ni raha tha

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Shafin619 View Post
    Bro bus har koi ravi ki tareef karta hai Gs ko tow koi pooch hi ni raha tha

Bro both bikes are good. And piaggio has to be good because it is based on a time-tested machine's formula (honda 125). GS150 ki apni appeal hai, enjoy your bike it's one of the best bikes available in pakistan and the object of many people's envy

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    Bro both bikes are good. And piaggio has to be good because it is based on a time-tested machine's formula (honda 125). GS150 ki apni appeal hai, enjoy your bike it's one of the best bikes available in pakistan and the object of many people's envy
    I am in doubt that Piaggio's engine is based on Honda cg-125 engine. To my understanding both are push rod OHV engines but some expert wrote above that Storm 125 engine has Self adjusting auto Valves and tappets so it must be different.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bike_junky View Post
    I am in doubt that Piaggio's engine is based on Honda cg-125 engine. To my understanding both are push rod OHV engines but some expert wrote above that Storm 125 engine has Self adjusting auto Valves and tappets so it must be different.
    AHL are following design from an olden era japani bike. But please note that the design has been made in japan by top honda team. This is why cg125 is one of the toughest bikes. Do note that design was made in 70s and cg125 is now an obsolete bike.

The thing with ravi piaggio is that it was never designed by piaggio of italy. Infact the bike is purely chinese design of some company named Zosheng. And although ravi is a very tough bike as proven by biking giants like Moin and Shazim, it just wasnt designed as cg125. Infact, in history of honda bikes very few bikes got such large amounts of R & D. You can search web and find link to honda official website where history of cg125 is detailed.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Everytime i visit this topic, reminds me of feminine chit chat like " Shadi ke baad hum wahan honeymooon pe jayenge" "Shadi ke baad humare room ka carpet red hoga" bla bla bla

Let the Ravi Piaggio 150 launch. Till then only speculations.

And what i smell is these topics are made on purpose to create craze among people. Cuz iam not able to see any topic like "Honda CG150"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by naseer_jaan View Post
    RIP English.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well i got this news just now, no official authenticity though. Ravi Automobiles is not going to launch RP 150 as they are having hard time about spare parts and after sales and service. So most expectedly XMS going to launch RP 150 next month with price tag of 2 lacs as in bangladesh its available for 170k.

No official declaration from Ravi Automobiles or XMS though

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Indicates u know what ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post

And what i smell is these topics are made on purpose to create craze among people. Cuz iam not able to see any topic like "Honda CG150"

Yes thats right @BlueHorn its a pure Chinese origin bike and one thing which I want to add more here because a girl is asking other people here to explain about self adjusting valves and calling a noob an expert, so do you remember Nasir was explaining to you that GS500e has auto adjusting valves last time that is the same apparatus used in RP125 and that is the reason we find RP knocking very less in comparison to CG, infact they have combined the qualities of two bikes in there..

I hope now my cutee pie (muuah) will find new way to amuze me ... where are my pop corns

Infact the bike is purely chinese design of some company named Zosheng.

You nailed it bro thats why I dont like Ravi any more.... its just lame they have been selling the same machine from 6 years now..
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post
    No official declaration from Ravi Automobiles or XMS though

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Indicates u know what ...

Yes thats right @BlueHorn its a pure Chinese origin bike and one thing which I want to add more here because a girl is asking other people here to explain about self adjusting valves and calling a noob an expert, so do you remember Nasir was explaining to you that GS500e has auto adjusting valves last time that is the same apparatus used in RP125 and that is the reason we find RP knocking very less in comparison to CG, infact they have combined the qualities of two bikes in there..

I hope now my cutee pie (muuah) will find new way to amuze me ... where are my pop corns

You nailed it bro thats why I dont like Ravi any more.... its just lame they have been selling the same machine from 6 years now..
    Bro if u r fed up of ravi then must try dyl 125. Its 4 stroke power is more than even rx135

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree I am totally following you ... but I heard DYL is so dangerous its kinda cross of two breeds 70cc and 100 and beside it has a CG copy engine .. a MASTER BLASTER! I mean I am scared...

Bro if u r fed up of ravi then must try dyl 125. Its 4 stroke power is more than even rx135

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree I am totally following you ... but I heard DYL is so dangerous its kinda cross of two breeds 70cc and 100 and beside it has a CG copy engine .. a MASTER BLASTER! I mean I am scared...
    bro DYL (dawood yamaha limited) have introduced a beast in 125cc category. The bike has excellent fuel average and also very good acceleration and top speed. The bike has been directly imported as a CBU by DYL from Yamaha Japan. It is simply assembled here. This is why the price is high. I have test ridden rx135 and rx115 before and I personally feel that DYL 125 is ahead in terms of road grip, initial pick and top speed. So test ride it at your nearest dealership today and feel the power

Now I am off to the bank to cash my cheque from DYL management

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

User Tag List