4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki 150 or Piaggio 150?

Last night one of my friend came to me asking to suggest him a new bike to buy. Well as i was oout of market from months so instead of me it was him who came up with new updates. He told me that piaggio has launched 150 cc bike and he is gonna buy that.But i myself having some doubts on it. I would still like to go for suzuki instead of ravi. Despite the shape its has nothing better than suzuki or does the newere model have any thing different?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bike_junky View Post
    Mechanic aiven kuch be keh detay hain ... The one I went to in ISD to get my 125 tuned was surprised to see an iridium plug and said that it requires a very high voltage and should not be installed. I think it was the first time in his life that he saw an iridium plug in a 125. He has a lot of certifications too.
    These are not "automatic adjuster" but just an advanced form of tappet adjustment screw. But this looks a nice feature.

Self adjusting valves are actually hydraulic tappets as shown in following links:

What are self adjusting valves

Hydraulic tappet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indeed they are advanced form of Tappets, and I didnt knew there name, and the term was coined by the heavy bike mechnic as he has seen these setup on many big bikes and on close inspection I did found out that the are really nicely engineered.

As we all know that Ravi Paiggio inherits its engines core design from CG125 but these are few of the features which are (as they say the out come of there own research) and we must give them credit that they really put an effort for making this machine better no ?

Quote Originally Posted by bike_junky View Post
    Vicky, I have an idea in mind. Installing these ball joint screws in my cg-125. Wouldn't it be interesting.
    Can you share some information about it or ask some expert. Do this experiment on BlueHorn bro cg-125 . Do these screws are easily available in the market or not??
    A nice Idea! if the screw threads are same I dont see any problem fitting them on CG125!

Quote Originally Posted by LZG3503 View Post
    Gujjer Like to Rides Power Machine , And 80% of total Bike over 100cc are all Gujjer ?
    Bilkul gee 90% Gujjar mtorcyle per he dhodh deliver kerty hain
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vicky bhai what if this experiment is successful and you guys successful install this piaggio's
    advance "tappet screw" in CG & this works fine & results less valve maintenance reducing valve noise also

than i have two words for AHl "Lakh Laanat"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

LMAO! We need to see AHL rise its the leader and must lead in technology advancement not in every year sticker change, kehny ko RP china ki hai but they did small refinement which made it to prove its presence to date..

lets see what AHL has for us this Automn.. or else Ravi walon ny RP150 ki news to aopni website per chala dee hai .. AHL must launch before they do.. werna bari sharmindagi ki baat ho gee.. mujhe pta nahi kio aesy mahsoos hota ahi k jesay ahista ahista Yamaha back off howa hai kahi Honda bhi na chali jaye or hum log sirf China bikes k sir per na reh jien

Quote Originally Posted by LZG3503 View Post
    Gujjer Like to Rides Power Machine , And 80% of total Bike over 100cc are all Gujjer ?
    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    Vicky bhai what if this experiment is successful and you guys successful install this piaggio's
    advance "tappet screw" in CG & this works fine & results less valve maintenance reducing valve noise also

than i have two words for AHl "Lakh Laanat"
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    mujhe pta nahi kio aesy mahsoos hota ahi k jesay ahista ahista Yamaha back off howa hai kahi Honda bhi na chali jaye or hum log sirf China bikes k sir per na reh jien
    Don't worry....
    Suzuki ka back off honay ka koi mood nahi dikh raha.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes U know I just attended a marvellous Iftar party by Suzuki Power league at Master Motor Engineers along with PBC ...

Those Guys are totally on it.. there are getting behind M2 to get Bikes on motorway..

they are sending there mechnics to japan to get trained then they are importing all the spare parts of bikes too for heavy bikes

and Finally there is a new heavy Bike comming to Pakistan from Suzuki Soon..

HINT : Dual Sports Series.

Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    Don't worry....
    Suzuki ka back off honay ka koi mood nahi dikh raha.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes U know I just attended a marvellous Iftar party by Suzuki Power league at Master Motor Engineers along with PBC ...

Those Guys are totally on it.. there are getting behind M2 to get Bikes on motorway..

they are sending there mechnics to japan to get trained then they are importing all the spare parts of bikes too for heavy bikes

Wao vicky bhai...
    Hats off to Suzuki
    I am proud to own a Suzuki bike (local hi sahi )
    Aaj to mera ye kehne ko dil kar raha hai....
    "MEIN TE SUZUKI HI LE SAAN"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Gull bhai sachi baat tu ye hai k jo trends nazar arahy hain what I am looking ahead is that I heard from an AHL employee (AHL factory is near to me as I live in shadara just beside it),

1 - they faced brutle competition in 70cc category and they are revising it again,

2 - secondly they just lost the game of thrones in Dlx / RP 125 category, I quoted before but if you missed that even many show rooms sent back deluxe becuase they didnt sold out and years gone by.

3 - They have no 150cc Category and GS is king in there, and they are already hearing (and seeing prototypes on exhibtions) from Ravi Piaggio as well.

4 - Final Knock out blow happened whe Suzuki launched the Power League.

Right now there only hot selling Cake is CG125 Power Plus becuase there is no comparison to that machnie in market. So I am very hope full that now that we have other competitors thumb on the throat of AHL I hope they do some good stuff for Pakistani Riders instead of another sticker change.

Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    Wao vicky bhai...
    Hats off to Suzuki
    I am proud to own a Suzuki bike (local hi sahi )
    Aaj to mera ye kehne ko dil kar raha hai....
    "MEIN TE SUZUKI HI LE SAAN"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vicky bro, Yamaha ki to wapsi ka sun rahe hein hum (per 2015 tak time lag jae ga). +biker community mein se limited log internet use karte hein and are aware of technology. Baqi 65%+ population dont have access to internet nor they understand technology updates. For them brand works. As i myself now a days posted in a rural area, here brand psychology works from ages... Top Honda phir suzuki and few people here abi tak DYL ko Yamaha samajh lete hein and dhoom/Junoon liye ghomte hein. Chonda wo log le lete hein in these areas who cant afford honda/suzuki ya phir ager koi school going student farmaish kar de to use le dete hein. so phychy here is quite different than city....

Technology ke sath sath clean sweep karne ke liye RP and doosre brands ko is customer line ko engage karne k liye bi marketing strategy/policy banai ho gi. Warna AHL ko out karna itna asaan nahi he. is brand k die hard fans (who are not techno/net guys) ko torna is not that easy.

Some statistics for AHL financial picture in FY12-13(Source: http://www.brecorder.com/company-news/235/1264845/):
    Performance Review, FY12 During the period under consideration, the company's top line posted an impressive growth of 17 percent and attained an unsurpassed sales figure of 38 billion.

The motorcycle segment touted a staggering growth of 11.1 percent. The company attributes this sales growth to its superior rural penetration as the company believes that the major demand of two-wheeler comes from the remote areas. To cater the rural market effectively, the company has launched smart sales points (SSP) to enhance its presence in the remote areas. Spare parts, the other segment of AHL, though encumbered by forged, smuggled components, garnered 30 percent sales growth for the company with sales tally Rs 2.6 billion.

Despite significant sales growth, the company's gross margin remained strained during the period, hinging at 7.3 percent as against 7.5 percent in FY11, owing to high material prices, Pak Rupee depreciation, high energy cost etc.

During the period, the company's operating expenses surged by 15 percent mainly on the back of huge spending on promotional and advertising activities to derive sales and also because of expansion in dealership network. During the period, the company expanded its dealer network to include 580 dealers as against 470 dealers in FY11.

On the flip side, the other operating income demonstrated a plunge of eight percent. Consequently, the operating profit margin slipped from 4.6 percent to 4.2 percent.

The key striking factor in company's FY12 profit and loss statement is the massive dip of over 87 percent in the financial cost which buttressed the company's bottom line to an enormous extent. In FY12, the company demonstrated the highest ever profit before tax figure of 1.6 billion. Profit after tax also propped up to 1.2 billion, up 20 percent from the previous year which translated into an EPS of 16.74 as against 13.94 in FY11.

The image of financial statistics is taken from AHL annual report and declared financial statement from http://atlashonda.com.pk/wp-content/...eport_2013.pdf

regards,

LMAO! We need to see AHL rise its the leader and must lead in technology advancement not in every year sticker change, kehny ko RP china ki hai but they did small refinement which made it to prove its presence to date..

lets see what AHL has for us this Automn.. or else Ravi walon ny RP150 ki news to aopni website per chala dee hai .. AHL must launch before they do.. werna bari sharmindagi ki baat ho gee.. mujhe pta nahi kio aesy mahsoos hota ahi k jesay ahista ahista Yamaha back off howa hai kahi Honda bhi na chali jaye or hum log sirf China bikes k sir per na reh jien
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nomee_46 View Post
    Vicky bro, Yamaha ki to wapsi ka sun rahe hein hum (per 2015 tak time lag jae ga). +biker community mein se limited log internet use karte hein and are aware of technology. Baqi 65%+ population dont have access to internet nor they understand technology updates. For them brand works. As i myself now a days posted in a rural area, here brand psychology works from ages... Top Honda phir suzuki and few people here abi tak DYL ko Yamaha samajh lete hein and dhoom/Junoon liye ghomte hein. Chonda wo log le lete hein in these areas who cant afford honda/suzuki ya phir ager koi school going student farmaish kar de to use le dete hein. so phychy here is quite different than city....

Technology ke sath sath clean sweep karne ke liye RP and doosre brands ko is customer line ko engage karne k liye bi marketing strategy/policy banai ho gi. Warna AHL ko out karna itna asaan nahi he. is brand k die hard fans (who are not techno/net guys) ko torna is not that easy.
    Yes brother you are right

But daily i see people roaming about in the city. Most of them are owners of Honda and Chondas. We are a very small percentage of bikers who think and smell the change, People dont. The change will only matter when it is in people pocket reach. Suzuki power house is useless as neither we have roads compatible to that power nor we have such amount to spend on a single bike. I dont know about others but personally i think a 125 CC should not be more than 100K and CD 70 at 70K. RP is gud what They lack is proper media advertisement and more outlets for after sales services and parts. People dont know abt them. Yamaha Does not launch its pure brands here, it will be another 3 years they make their impact on market, if they come, Suzuki GS is the only power game changer within the people pocket reach, but still if they modify it to GS R model it would be much better. For me Honda holds the market. But i dont like it. They dont improve. Even deteriorate. I used to have a 99 Power Plus 125, and then people used to tell me this is nothing, Bike hai 90 madel. Now people tell me yaar 99 ki kia baat hai. Aj kal to teen dabba a raha hai. And i read about a thread about Italian barnds, but God knows when they launch. Fingers crossed for Honda 150, RP 150, or Yamaha 150 nd italian brands

Still people like Honda. Can any one predict the change?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nomee and rabbit Sir I reaaly want to c YAMAHA comming in and AHL putting more effort... I mean seriusly I never imagined that a Chinese complany like Zonshen will have a product better then Japanses... I mean Ye din bhi dekhna tha ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai jaan woh sab to theek hai... mager yea uncle gs150 with cycle tyre keb update hongay.. all they doing is just increasing the price .... suzuki should make some scene of gs150R too... 100cc mein 3,3 option or 150 wahi kheench rahay hain... disc brake to chhoro rear tyre tek change nahi kya 8 saal mein...

Sent from Mars using Mind Control
    Rise from the ashes,.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes I did talked about that , and that person told me the 150 was never made for performance but for reliability and and targeted only for Urban commuting and to keep it low priced then its competitors we dont put much gadgets on it but still we are little ahead from our old rivals..

Quote Originally Posted by getscorpion View Post
    bhai jaan woh sab to theek hai... mager yea uncle gs150 with cycle tyre keb update hongay.. all they doing is just increasing the price .... suzuki should make some scene of gs150R too... 100cc mein 3,3 option or 150 wahi kheench rahay hain... disc brake to chhoro rear tyre tek change nahi kya 8 saal mein...

Sent from Mars using Mind Control

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

User Tag List