2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Help me decide a bike: gd110, piaggio or cg125

Friends I am looking to buy new for myself. I have about 100k and I was looking at gd110, piaggio and cg125. please help me choose. I mostly travel inside city but sometimes I go out of city to gujranwala to meet my relatives. I was initially looking between cg125 and piaggio but on these forums I came across gd110 and it is said to be a good quality bike. SO now I am confused among the three. Please help

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Huzaifa_Khalid View Post
    Bhai Pridor Ko Abhi 3 Saal Nahi Hoi.
    Actually it was Honda CD 100. I used the name Pridor because it is the current name being used for it. But you are right, I should have used Honda CD 100 to emphasize I had the older model. Thank you
    First deserve, then desire.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

heheh h ehe ... .. I dont know if you went to his office but the phrase is barny stinsons catcupPhrase

Quote Originally Posted by TZB View Post
    BlueHorn bro, it's only me so far. I hope and pray no one else has to experience what I am going through.

By the way, I saw your signature "legen-wait for it-dary" on the wall of an office I visited last Friday. It contained initials of all its employees who gave feedback on its some knowledge sharing programme. Do you work there?
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

BlueHorn bro, it's only me so far. I hope and pray no one else has to experience what I am going through.

By the way, I saw your signature "legen-wait for it-dary" on the wall of an office I visited last Friday. It contained initials of all its employees who gave feedback on its some knowledge sharing programme. Do you work there?
    shhhhh
    do let me know next time you are there, will surely like to meet you

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    shhhhh
    do let me know next time you are there, will surely like to meet you
    Great!

I have HR interview there now, waiting for call. Your good name? I'll ask for you at reception when I come (hopefully ).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks all for your input. I do not like pridor as I think AHL ruined it. There is lot of noise when changing gear and they removed the fuel gauge from cd100
    Also My mechanic says not to buy this bike as it has many issues. I want a reliable bike. I was leaning towards gd110 but now after reading comments here I think best would be sprinter. any owner of sprinter who can tell me more about the bike in terms of comfort, build and fuel economy.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Chaudary sahab confuse nahi hona ye Pak wheels ki biker comunity kuch aesi he hai ...

Though i think pridor is a fine machine, but I agree with you explainnaation that they actually removed quality featurees from it like fuel gauge thing...

But If u r thinking of a Sprintor its going to be even worse, its seat is like a concrete brick, though it has a Good suspension and Power full engough engine... according to me you must atleast go to market and have a test ride of GD.. its seat is soft I really liked it... and also have a try of UD100 a very nice machine... dont go for any used bike though...

Quote Originally Posted by chaudhry1000 View Post
    Thanks all for your input. I do not like pridor as I think AHL ruined it. There is lot of noise when changing gear and they removed the fuel gauge from cd100
    Also My mechanic says not to buy this bike as it has many issues. I want a reliable bike. I was leaning towards gd110 but now after reading comments here I think best would be sprinter. any owner of sprinter who can tell me more about the bike in terms of comfort, build and fuel economy.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    But If u r thinking of a Sprintor its going to be even worse, its seat is like a concrete brick, though it has a Good suspension and Power full engough engine... according to me you must atleast go to market and have a test ride of GD.. its seat is soft I really liked it... and also have a try of UD100 a very nice machine... dont go for any used bike though...
    Sure, do test-ride GD. But do not be mislead with its drive. I also had its test ride before buying it. But some things can only be experienced with time. You cannot claim the bike to satisfy you in the longer run after a 1 or 2 km run on it.

And no, please do not go for UD100. I am surprised vickytulla even mentioned it. One thing is for sure: whatever the case maybe, no one matches the quality of Honda and Suzuki. Either buy a Honda or Suzuki. You have probably heard the phrase "andhon mein kaana raja". That's exactly what Honda and Suzuki are in Pakistan. All others are blinds.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    30 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yahan mostly bikers apni fev brand ki show shaw karta hay jaisay bike company hi usi ki ho ...... Behtar hay apnay dil ki suno
    BTW mine fev is Honda Deluxe
    If travelling was free............ You know what i mean

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If this is your first bike then go for any Honda Brand. Pridor is a good choice. Do not listen to these hathora / side road mechanics they always always oppose those bikes which required less maintenance or it is beyond their skills. I have seen many who are in love with their Pridor / CD 100.

I own Sprinter and I have also no issue with this bike. It is the most tough, reliable and economical bike in 100 CC range. Comfort is less than Pridor but you wont get tired as It is very stable bike, heavy and grippe. Front suspension is awesome. Very less maintenance.

Not recommended if you do not know a good mechanic for Suzuki bikes.

For more details you may visit - https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...inter-standard

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

heheh ehe I didnt recomended UD I said its a nice machine ... and after he will have a test ride he an actually compare the difference to mae moe clear decision...

andho men kana raja wali baat sahi hai but let him ride the "andhi" bike to realise that those zukis and hondas are rajas among themm.. if u know what I mean...
    And no, please do not go for UD100. I am surprised vickytulla even mentioned it.

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    heheh ehe I didnt recomended UD I said its a nice machine ... and after he will have a test ride he an actually compare the difference to mae moe clear decision...

andho men kana raja wali baat sahi hai but let him ride the "andhi" bike to realise that those zukis and hondas are rajas among themm.. if u know what I mean...
    Hahaha. Well said. But aap ne UD ka zikar kia to ho sakta hay parrhne walay ko lagay k aap recommend kar rahe ho UD ko But now I see the logic behind mentioning it

Yeah yeah, I get it now what you mean

By the way, I just talked to BlueHorn. It was nice talking to you, bro. We'll catchup on some saturday.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

chaudhry1000
    Bro why don't you consider Suzuki Raider
    its better option than sprinter a good stylish looking bike with same 110cc engine
    if you don't like Pridor than i suggest you must go for Raider

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    BTW wanna ask any acceleration difference between GS and deluxe? Since you've owned both of them
    Same acceleration on both. But note that i use GS with bigger tyre and rim.
    In stock conditions, GS can be little more aggressive in acceleration.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Suzuki Sprinter Standard (with round shape light) is not available in new now. So ultimately Suzuki Raider is the answer. It is basically the same with some good cosmetics changes.

Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    chaudhry1000
    Bro why don't you consider Suzuki Raider
    its better option than sprinter a good stylish looking bike with same 110cc engine
    if you don't like Pridor than i suggest you must go for Raider

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am a happy owner of CD-100.Would you mind sharing the reliability problems because my ride has yet to dissapoint me lol.The quality and finish of HOnda is the best,i have come to this conclusion.SPrinter chrome finish is gross and i have seen badly rusted exhausted pipes.SPrinter is a good bike but its maintenance is a big hassle and if it dies in the middle of nowhere then you are on your own.Spares are expensive and mechanics are rare.You have to take all factors into consideration. Pridor>>>>SPrinter (minus the displacement thingy)(Its been a year and i have not experienced any sort of issue and is running like a champ)..ANd that mechanic who is discouraging you is a regular shady mechanic USTAAD who thinks Honda CG 125 and CD-70 are the only 2 wheels running around the globe lol..Never trust the ustads.Pwheelers here know that very well.SPrinter or Pridor whichever bike you buy remember the resale is not good!! so make your decision as per requirement.
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I bought the sprinter because it interested me with its limited numbers(you'll only see one in a week or so), weird shape and that engine. First off, the good stuff. Its engine is fantastic. I've currently driven it 4000KM without any tuning just oil changes and it's performing beautifully still. Gives excellent mileage last time it gave me 58KM/L and i did not drive it with economy in mind. The handlebars are very wide so your arms feel relaxed and you have greater control over the bike. Subjectively, the sound of the engine is also addictive if you're into that sort of thing. So if you're going to buy this bike, it's only going to be because of its engine.

Bad points: Paint finish is horrible. Koi parinda bhi beth jaye tanki par to paint utar jata hai Seat height is 31 inches meaning anyone below 5'8" will have trouble keeping both feet on the ground. The seat is basically a large brick as pointed out by waqar bhai. Forget comfort, within 1 hour of driving this you'll feel a pain in your back.

Otherwise, all the parts of high quality hell even the footrest pads have S etched into them i.e. the whole bike is using parts made for Suzuki especially. Engine is solid and i personally believe is one of the most reliable engines in Pakistani production bikes. Certainly a class-leader (100-110cc).

If you're going for comfort then it's not the bike for you

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    I bought the sprinter because it interested me with its limited numbers(you'll only see one in a week or so), weird shape and that engine. First off, the good stuff. Its engine is fantastic. I've currently driven it 4000KM without any tuning just oil changes and it's performing beautifully still. Gives excellent mileage last time it gave me 58KM/L and i did not drive it with economy in mind. The handlebars are very wide so your arms feel relaxed and you have greater control over the bike. Subjectively, the sound of the engine is also addictive if you're into that sort of thing. So if you're going to buy this bike, it's only going to be because of its engine.

Bad points: Paint finish is horrible. Koi parinda bhi beth jaye tanki par to paint utar jata hai Seat height is 31 inches meaning anyone below 5'8" will have trouble keeping both feet on the ground. The seat is basically a large brick as pointed out by waqar bhai. Forget comfort, within 1 hour of driving this you'll feel a pain in your back.

Otherwise, all the parts of high quality hell even the footrest pads have S etched into them i.e. the whole bike is using parts made for Suzuki especially. Engine is solid and i personally believe is one of the most reliable engines in Pakistani production bikes. Certainly a class-leader (100-110cc).

If you're going for comfort then it's not the bike for you
    yes bhi jaan sprinter ka engine very very good, main ne dekha hai aaj kal rikshaw main b sprinter hi chal raha hai, aur aap socho riksy wale kesy chalaty hain riksha aur kai dafa to 10 sawaryan b laad lety hain , phir b engine per koi faraq nahin parta is leay main to yeh baat suche dill se manta hon sprinter engine is very good

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now i got an inTEresting observation,,pit a pridor in black against a sprinter..You will see the difference in looks.1 is typical doodh wala set-up other is balanced with striking elegance .No offence to sprinter owners but it needs improvement in aesthetics department,thats why they launched raider.There is no doubt whatsoever sprinter's engine is a great workhorse.
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes raider is better..

Quote Originally Posted by devilskreed View Post
    Now i got an inTEresting observation,,pit a pridor in black against a sprinter..You will see the difference in looks.1 is typical doodh wala set-up other is balanced with striking elegance .No offence to sprinter owners but it needs improvement in aesthetics department,thats why they launched raider.There is no doubt whatsoever sprinter's engine is a great workhorse.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and i guess suzuki raider is the only suzuki bike in pakistan which has side cover locks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List