31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default RP Storm Evolution II

RP Storm Evolution II -1467441

RP Storm Evolution II -1521037

I bought this bike a month back from @omer85 as he has done some major experiments on it to make it look this way including engine swap to bigger Thumper (200cc).

Have upgraded few bits and pieces and will be posting all the moderation I will do on this bike in this thread from now on.

Bike Received on 16-2-2014 from Islamabad :
    Checked it and pushed it to limits while heading home.
    RP Storm Evolution Part  II -1383216
    RP Storm Evolution Part  II -1383213

56Teeth One wheelie Sprocket
    RP Storm Evolution II -1389230

With [Front Visor/Tour Wind Shield]
    RP Storm Evolution II -1389228

RP Storm Evolution II -1389229

Attached Images Attached Images    
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    Sir g back to alloys?
    i think not just old memories

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vicky! Can we get Titanium valves in Pakistan for our puny bikes? Just a quick thought, about maximum throughput on high RPMs (Titanium Valves might not reduce the horse power at highest RPMs, so maximum power delivery in highest RPMs).

I am asking because i have just had an epiphany. 90% of my travel is almost always above 60km/h. Canal Road, right lane ... shooter speed. (safety first, ofcourse). So just thinking if using better quality valves will prove to be useful (or more reliable) --- if there is such a thing.
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Titanium valves (if we find it some where) will eat "seats" and "guides" for valve in head and we will end with a damamged head pretty soon and will haev to replace it ? (Am I thinking wrong ?)

Why I am thinkin this way ? The time when I had Road master I got its head all prepared and done (new valve, seats, guides, new piston rings, repaired Crank, new con-Rods, new bearing e.t.c...) and that time the machinists asked me to return the valves which I bought from market (he said he had better ones which he maed from worn out truck Valves) i declined his offer he said he can give me gaurantee that the valves which I bought from market sucks big time as they are 3rd class soft metal, and as he was charging me high cost he said he will be using very Hard material for seats, guide (according to him "kala loha") then he showed me the seat+vlaves+guides all were black but shining metal, he said they are double in hardness and will last as long as orignal.

And after the bike was ready and i raced it like a NUT head... I realized he was right.

I dont know if those worn out valves are of titanium from which they carve out bike valves but they do last really really long, and these CG racers use it quite a lot.

the machinist sit on litton road just beside janaz gah in a basement.

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    Vicky! Can we get Titanium valves in Pakistan for our puny bikes? Just a quick thought, about maximum throughput on high RPMs (Titanium Valves might not reduce the horse power at highest RPMs, so maximum power delivery in highest RPMs).

I am asking because i have just had an epiphany. 90% of my travel is almost always above 60km/h. Canal Road, right lane ... shooter speed. (safety first, ofcourse). So just thinking if using better quality valves will prove to be useful (or more reliable) --- if there is such a thing.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    Titanium valves (if we find it some where) will eat "seats" and "guides" for valve in head and we will end with a damamged head pretty soon and will haev to replace it ? (Am I thinking wrong ?)

Why I am thinkin this way ? The time when I had Road master I got its head all prepared and done (new valve, seats, guides, new piston rings, repaired Crank, new con-Rods, new bearing e.t.c...) and that time the machinists asked me to return the valves which I bought from market (he said he had better ones which he maed from worn out truck Valves) i declined his offer he said he can give me gaurantee that the valves which I bought from market sucks big time as they are 3rd class soft metal, and as he was charging me high cost he said he will be using very Hard material for seats, guide (according to him "kala loha") then he showed me the seat+vlaves+guides all were black but shining metal, he said they are double in hardness and will last as long as orignal.

And after the bike was ready and i raced it like a NUT head... I realized he was right.

I dont know if those worn out valves are of titanium from which they carve out bike valves but they do last really really long, and these CG racers use it quite a lot.

the machinist sit on litton road just beside janaz gah in a basement.
    Those old valves r way better than the new chinese ones.... Even if u get old japenese car valves and carve them according to ur own requirement they can last more... I have done the same on sprinter ... I have 2005 late model... First engine overhauled at 84k... Due to my bro negligence he rod it without oil... But after only 20k... Valves worn out... At that point i bought old valves of toyota and yes they were black... Jet black... He carved them at kharaad machine... And wihout boring the head... He made them sized according to the hole where valves had to workout.... And since then... Valves n good.... I have rode it another 35k after those black toyota valves are placed inside... Avg .... Power... Still the best... No smoke or junky noise of valves from head either...

So rather buying new valves.... People can always go for old ones as they r having better metal quality n can last longer .... Only if u have good kharadiya for doing this job...

Sent from Mars

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vickytulla! Well what are the odds, I am asking for exactly the same reason I don't think they are Titanium per se, but a my neighbour machinist showed me those and told me that they are of "Suzuki Liana's Valves". Ofcourse machined to adjust the sizes according to bikes.

This begs the question, are Liana's valves not china maal? Or are they really of better quality than our orindary valves found in market.

My bike is asking for a re-build since a while now, and i am thinking of spending atleast 20k to secure its next 5 years (can't risk spending any more in future because of current situation - don't ask; plus, am getting busier day by day so trying to make the bike 'hassle free').

If those Suzuki Liana valves are really of good quality, i should consider using them in my CG125 because i am really fed up with the SH*T being offered in spare parts market (yes that includes Atlas Honda's goods too).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Odds:

1 - A good machinist with a Good day and good mood to do the job well and use Carbon alloy Guides and seats.
    2 - A pair of titanium valves, or carbon Alloy Hardened Valves (Car/Trucks machined for bike)
    3 - A good mechnic with hands on experience to Tune a CG to its perfection
    4 - Good Qaulity Gasket and sealents
    5 - A sucessfull re-assembly

besides:

> 20k is too Much I dont think you will end up spending this big money
    > Next Five years tu even apkay Atlas k valves bhi nikal dein *** sarkar.
    > China Valve Set, piston/cylender set (crown lifan) used to rebuild 125 engine and used for 17k in 3 years after it was sold might be running good till now.

If i were you and was this much concerend:

I will not get it rebuilt for now and do a little home work thourghly, and If i still dont find any good sources then buy a brand new Head Kit and install it with no repairing at all. and bike would be ready for next lot more year then just 5.

@vickytulla! Well what are the odds, I am asking for exactly the same reason I don't think they are Titanium per se, but a my neighbour machinist showed me those and told me that they are of "Suzuki Liana's Valves". Ofcourse machined to adjust the sizes according to bikes.

This begs the question, are Liana's valves not china maal? Or are they really of better quality than our orindary valves found in market.

My bike is asking for a re-build since a while now, and i am thinking of spending atleast 20k to secure its next 5 years (can't risk spending any more in future because of current situation - don't ask; plus, am getting busier day by day so trying to make the bike 'hassle free').

If those Suzuki Liana valves are really of good quality, i should consider using them in my CG125 because i am really fed up with the SH*T being offered in spare parts market (yes that includes Atlas Honda's goods too).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Odds:

1 - A good machinist with a Good day and good mood to do the job well and use Carbon alloy Guides and seats.
    2 - A pair of titanium valves, or carbon Alloy Hardened Valves (Car/Trucks machined for bike)
    3 - A good mechnic with hands on experience to Tune a CG to its perfection
    4 - Good Qaulity Gasket and sealents
    5 - A sucessfull re-assembly

besides:

> 20k is too Much I dont think you will end up spending this big money
    > Next Five years tu even apkay Atlas k valves bhi nikal dein *** sarkar.
    > China Valve Set, piston/cylender set (crown lifan) used to rebuild 125 engine and used for 17k in 3 years after it was sold might be running good till now.

If i were you and was this much concerend:

I will not get it rebuilt for now and do a little home work thourghly, and If i still dont find any good sources then buy a brand new Head Kit and install it with no repairing at all. and bike would be ready for next lot more year then just 5.
    Vicky bhai engine import scene kab start ho ra hy ???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vickytulla! 20k is a rough amount because current grand total of my estimate is already reaching 13k. I am not into boring and stuff, which is why changing the complete Cylinder, and all the other things including piston, valves, valve springs, rockers and cam followers.

The only confusion was with valves. And as you said, I have two choices. Either to choose AHL's shitty ones, or opt for a better quality ones (if there is such a thing). The only problem, I haven't found ANYONE who have used these machinist made valves in his bikes.

Oh btw, would you recommend a rebuild 'with engine sealant', or without it?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mfaizandawood View Post
    Vicky bhai engine import scene kab start ho ra hy ???
    After the current endeavors come to an end.... Package received last night.

RP Storm Evolution II -1546220

aplogo ki bori agaye hai.... @dr.omair, @angel82 @pirates @RocketScience

@vickytulla! 20k is a rough amount because current grand total of my estimate is already reaching 13k. I am not into boring and stuff, which is why changing the complete Cylinder, and all the other things including piston, valves, valve springs, rockers and cam followers.

The only confusion was with valves. And as you said, I have two choices. Either to choose AHL's shitty ones, or opt for a better quality ones (if there is such a thing). The only problem, I haven't found ANYONE who have used these machinist made valves in his bikes.

Oh btw, would you recommend a rebuild 'with engine sealant', or without it?
    "I haven't found ANYONE who have used these machinist made valves in his bikes." ???

but I just said i did used them in my roadmaster.. also tucknoloji used them in his sprinter... those carbon-alloy black valves are hard enough to eat china engine in just a 1k run, they are made for japanese cars/ truck and quite hard to work excellent in our rides.

about titanium valves thats some thing which is gona cost you high and you mitgh have to bring it from abroad if no one is importing it already.

Engine sealent like the famous "CURIL" no i dont recomned it nor I ask mechinc to use it on my ride, reason is that it happened two time the mechni forgot to do some thing and had to open up and the whole GASkit was trashed.

As engines of our rides are mostly nice in facing/fasing(as the mechnic says) so it works without sealant as well.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aplogo ki bori agaye hai.... @dr.omair, @angel82 @pirates @RocketScience
    WoW can't wait to grab it.......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what is happening currently??
    Bhai paisay bacha k rakhna bara mushkil ho ra hy.....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=vickytulla;4715744]After the current endeavors come to an end.... Package received last night.

vickytulla Bro

Whats inside of this booorrriiii ??? wana to seeee

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dude what did you do with the behind mud guard. I mean like I want the same for my piaggio but if it is removed the whole seat interior and engine back is exposed, I don't want that to happen and either don't want to cut the original mud guard.
    Any Ideas?

And the engine swap? anybody know where can I find a good 200cc or 250cc in Lahore (for Ravi Piaggio 2013)? and from to get it swapped.. Mechanics for it are hard to find..
    Fall Seven Times, Stand up Eight.
    -Violen3e

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1 - Dont cut original mudguard and use an after market that's how I did

2 - Engines are available in market of the shelf, and there are many mechnics who can do the Job for you.

Quote Originally Posted by violen3e View Post
    Dude what did you do with the behind mud guard. I mean like I want the same for my piaggio but if it is removed the whole seat interior and engine back is exposed, I don't want that to happen and either don't want to cut the original mud guard.
    Any Ideas?

And the engine swap? anybody know where can I find a good 200cc or 250cc in Lahore (for Ravi Piaggio 2013)? and from to get it swapped.. Mechanics for it are hard to find..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

whats inside Vicky bhai?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Top Secret

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by azeem.mian1 View Post

vickytulla Bro

Whats inside of this booorrriiii ??? wana to seeee

Quote Originally Posted by onefifty View Post
    whats inside Vicky bhai?
    Side boxes, panniers, trunks, tool boxes... awais apko tu bataya tha k ager interested ho tu bata do kio k ye chanes bar bar nahi miltay..

Quote Originally Posted by mfaizandawood View Post
    what is happening currently??
    Bhai paisay bacha k rakhna bara mushkil ho ra hy.....
    chk ur PM

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ohh I see. Haan I remember -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All stuff is gone to there owners ... you will soon see the stuff in action in next week tour.. inshAllah

some pics while opening:

RP Storm Evolution II -1546845

RP Storm Evolution II -1546846

RP Storm Evolution II -1546847

RP Storm Evolution II -1546848

RP Storm Evolution II -1546849

RP Storm Evolution II -1546850

Quote Originally Posted by onefifty View Post
    ohh I see. Haan I remember -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All stuff is gone to there owners ... you will soon see the stuff in action in next week tour.. inshAllah

some pics while opening:

RP Storm Evolution II -1546845

RP Storm Evolution II -1546846

RP Storm Evolution II -1546847

RP Storm Evolution II -1546848

RP Storm Evolution II -1546849

RP Storm Evolution II -1546850
    ye dekh kr to mooonh me pani agya he

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 74 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

User Tag List