31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default RP Storm Evolution II

RP Storm Evolution II -1467441

RP Storm Evolution II -1521037

I bought this bike a month back from @omer85 as he has done some major experiments on it to make it look this way including engine swap to bigger Thumper (200cc).

Have upgraded few bits and pieces and will be posting all the moderation I will do on this bike in this thread from now on.

Bike Received on 16-2-2014 from Islamabad :
    Checked it and pushed it to limits while heading home.
    RP Storm Evolution Part  II -1383216
    RP Storm Evolution Part  II -1383213

56Teeth One wheelie Sprocket
    RP Storm Evolution II -1389230

With [Front Visor/Tour Wind Shield]
    RP Storm Evolution II -1389228

RP Storm Evolution II -1389229

Attached Images Attached Images    
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yeh zulam haiii :-D

Sent from Mars

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yar lahoriyon ko tu ye chazain available hain... ap tu na kaho

Quote Originally Posted by tucknoloji View Post
    Yeh zulam haiii :-D

Sent from Mars
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vickytulla sorry for being a little off topic, I have this CD-185 which has a setup of 12 volt setup after a proper wiring and a new rectifier the battery losses its charge on a headlight. The electrician said my stator is of 6 volt and that causes low charging on low rpms. I saw a similar thread of musafar Saab but I guess he's not active anymore here . can you please suggest a solution to this? I don't want to convert 200's magnet. Thank you

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes musafir did changed its coil because we doubted its coil to be in a poor shape, but he never used the bike to its full scale to find out that if it really fixed the issue or not.

According to my observation 185 Coil is not capable enough to coupe with 12Volts system, might be this was the reason that only after two years its production halted and they launched a revised magnetto in CD200.

Quote Originally Posted by aliatif777 View Post
    @vickytulla sorry for being a little off topic, I have this CD-185 which has a setup of 12 volt setup after a proper wiring and a new rectifier the battery losses its charge on a headlight. The electrician said my stator is of 6 volt and that causes low charging on low rpms. I saw a similar thread of musafar Saab but I guess he's not active anymore here . can you please suggest a solution to this? I don't want to convert 200's magnet. Thank you

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    Yes musafir did changed its coil because we doubted its coil to be in a poor shape, but he never used the bike to its full scale to find out that if it really fixed the issue or not.

According to my observation 185 Coil is not capable enough to coupe with 12Volts system, might be this was the reason that only after two years its production halted and they launched a revised magnetto in CD200.
    So a CD 200's magnet should do the job? Any KIND of cheaper method for a CDI setup? As I can't spend about 15k just on a CDI of a CB 250

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the only cheap method is to instorduce a CD200 coild in a healthy condition who can spit enough AMP or current and a Rickshaw CDI which can convert it to 12 healthy Volts to charge your battery. and keep it Point base

Any other "Proper" CDI system will cost you becuase 15k is nothing these days for mechnics deailing with Classic bikes. when i got qouted 15k by mechnic it was an old time ajkal 15k men bhi mushkil he hai unless you land on a Lucky day.

So a CD 200's magnet should do the job? Any KIND of cheaper method for a CDI setup? As I can't spend about 15k just on a CDI of a CB 250

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the only cheap method is to instorduce a CD200 coild in a healthy condition who can spit enough AMP or current and a Rickshaw CDI which can convert it to 12 healthy Volts to charge your battery. and keep it Point base

Any other "Proper" CDI system will cost you becuase 15k is nothing these days for mechnics deailing with Classic bikes. when i got qouted 15k by mechnic it was an old time ajkal 15k men bhi mushkil he hai unless you land on a Lucky day.
    Can you please explain the cheap method in detail if possible?

I'll use it till I get a proper CD . I'm getting a CB 250 cdi for 12k here and 3k for new wiring and labour. 15k it is then. The other solution is a complete magnet swap of CD200 which will cost 6k for the unit and 3k wiring and labour total 9k.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can you please explain the cheap method in detail if possible?

I'll use it till I get a proper CD . I'm getting a CB 250 cdi for 12k here and 3k for new wiring and labour. 15k it is then.
    If its a Orignal Honda CB250 Complete magnet cover, magnetto set, pulsar, coil with CDI and rectifeir then its a steal Deal....

If its a chinese copy of CB250 then its price is just fine.. lahore men bhi yehi rate hai...

The other solution is a complete magnet swap of CD200 which will cost 6k for the unit and 3k wiring and labour total 9k.
    CD200 magnetto why I read in you thread that you 185 already has a CD200 engine that means it has the CD200 magnetto already no ??
    For better current you dont need to swap magnet, magnt is fine you need to change the Coil inside or get the coil rewired with fresh copper wire so it can generate from current.

magnetto of CD200 should be some where 1000rs becuase most CD200 owner just wast them while shifting for CDI system.

3k for wiring ? but why your wiring is messed up ? becuase changing 185 coil to CD200 coil do not need rewiring at all.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If its a Orignal Honda CB250 Complete magnet cover, magnetto set, pulsar, coil with CDI and rectifeir then its a steal Deal....

If its a chinese copy of CB250 then its price is just fine.. lahore men bhi yehi rate hai...

CD200 magnetto why I read in you thread that you 185 already has a CD200 engine that means it has the CD200 magnetto already no ??
    For better current you dont need to swap magnet, magnt is fine you need to change the Coil inside or get the coil rewired with fresh copper wire so it can generate from current.

magnetto of CD200 should be some where 1000rs becuase most CD200 owner just wast them while shifting for CDI system.

3k for wiring ? but why your wiring is messed up ? becuase changing 185 coil to CD200 coil do not need rewiring at all.
    Sir the head cylinder is of Honda CD 200 and the magnet is of CD-185, the cylinder reads 194 cm3 so I assumed it's a CD 200s setup on 185, done by previous owner. Well the scrap guy is asking 6k for the magnetto which includes governor and all that, it was kinda expensive so I didn't do anything. 185 doesn't charge the battery good but it does without headlight usage and all. Wiring is not a mess but its a self wired I want a proper wiring with plugs instead of tape joints. The electrician said CD 200 coils cannot be used on 185s magnet and I'll HAVE to swap the whole setup before I install the meter and indicators and all. So if I rewind or get a 200's stator that will give more current? Sorry for asking so many questions but I just don't want to spend a huge amount on CD 200s point magneto, I'll go for a CDI setup later because I've spent lots of money on buying and restoring a chopper cruiser.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can you post pic of you engine from both side and I can tell you what you can do with it in a cheap way... also if you post pic of magnetto too...

Sir the head cylinder is of Honda CD 200 and the magnet is of CD-185, the cylinder reads 194 cm3 so I assumed it's a CD 200s setup on 185, done by previous owner. Well the scrap guy is asking 6k for the magnetto which includes governor and all that, it was kinda expensive so I didn't do anything. 185 doesn't charge the battery good but it does without headlight usage and all. Wiring is not a mess but its a self wired I want a proper wiring with plugs instead of tape joints. The electrician said CD 200 coils cannot be used on 185s magnet and I'll HAVE to swap the whole setup before I install the meter and indicators and all. So if I rewind or get a 200's stator that will give more current? Sorry for asking so many questions but I just don't want to spend a huge amount on CD 200s point magneto, I'll go for a CDI setup later because I've spent lots of money on buying and restoring a chopper cruiser.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

RP Storm Evolution II -1549656

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

RP Storm Evolution II -1549657

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

RP Storm Evolution II -1549658

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

RP Storm Evolution II -1549659

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

vicky bhai engine nai aaya kya

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think If you discuss it with your mechnic and assk him that change the rectifier to some other (like sazgar rectifeir) which gives very high current or may be some other rectifeir which can charge your battery then even this 185 Magnetto will do the job without changing or investing on any thing...

RP Storm Evolution II -1549659

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think If you discuss it with your mechnic and assk him that change the rectifier to some other (like sazgar rectifeir) which gives very high current or may be some other rectifeir which can charge your battery then even this 185 Magnetto will do the job without changing or investing on any thing...
    Thanks, the mechanics here are just inclined towards swaping it, i'll talk to other mechanics but thanks again for all the help.
    Mercedes W126 1980, Triumph Spitfire 1963, MG A 1958, Mercedes 190SL convertible (project), Honda CD-200 1981, Triumph Tiger (project) Honda CD-185 (pending project)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aya pera hai is weekend BahawalPur ja rha hai ... on a secret mission....

RP Storm Evolution II -1549744RP Storm Evolution II -1549745RP Storm Evolution II -1549746RP Storm Evolution II -1549747

Quote Originally Posted by mfaizandawood View Post
    vicky bhai engine nai aaya kya

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If he is that inclined that means he is running short of experience (just thinking) becuase its very easy, there are 3 wires comming from stator coil and if you look at the wire diagram of 185 its a 3phase generator which can produce enough AC type from which a stable Volts from 4 to 18Volts can be created.. t

The only thing is the rectifier which will regulate it to desired volts, the sazgar rectifier has also the 3 wires and will connect bolt on (might need to replace the male female connector) and the other two (red and green) wires will give a stable 12~16volt for charging.

and it will al be done without even touching the point system ... as its a separate part of wiring completly..

Thanks, the mechanics here are just inclined towards swaping it, i'll talk to other mechanics but thanks again for all the help.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aya pera hai is weekend BahawalPur ja rha hai ... on a secret mission....

RP Storm Evolution II -1549744RP Storm Evolution II -1549745RP Storm Evolution II -1549746RP Storm Evolution II -1549747
    Waooow , how much cc ? i also want 200cc water cooled for my RP whats estimated cost ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 74 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

User Tag List