Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree295Likes

Thread: My New Ravi Piaggio 2014 (New Model)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool My New Ravi Piaggio 2014 (New Model)

Hello everyone, yesterday i got my brand new Ravi Piaggio new model at last (awaited a very long time.)

Please i require your expert knowledge on first 1,000 KM as i previously owned a Metro 70CC bike and this is a very new experience for me. Guide me regarding the running and general maintenance for this bike, as it is quite sophisticated as compared to my old bike.

My New Ravi Piaggio 2014  New Model -1409721My New Ravi Piaggio 2014  New Model -1409722My New Ravi Piaggio 2014  New Model -1409723My New Ravi Piaggio 2014  New Model -1409724My New Ravi Piaggio 2014  New Model -1409725My New Ravi Piaggio 2014  New Model -1409726My New Ravi Piaggio 2014  New Model -1409727

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JUNOON007 View Post
    agar ap fifth picture ko dakho to us main to oil bilkul bhi nazar nahin a raha is liye saf zahir hay k bad main oil nikla hay bike k engine ko saf karo aur phir chalao to ap ko ko pata chal jay ga k kahan say oil nikal raha hay
    As a matter of fact i think i remember very little oil on the engine somewhere on top but i ignored it , but in last pics there is oil on many places. I hope everything's fine with my ride.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

IN MHO the tappet cover is lose and oil is seeping through... if u get it serviced dont apply deisal and use it as like you use it daily and at day end notice any moisture or leakage by inspecting the engine visually and by touching if you find any spot take it to claim center...

Quote Originally Posted by neodescorpio View Post
    One thing i wanna ask

as you can see the oil on the engine , now i don't know if it came from engine or it was prevoious there and dust and stuff made it obvious ?
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear neodescorpio, what has happened with your bike's engine. It is not looking like a fresh engine from any angle. Is it due to rain? How this mark / scratch come up (in red circle below)?

The oil is coming out from each and every seal. This is not a good sign of Quality. Is each and every bolt on engine is lose because otherwise there should be no seepage like this. I minor seepage is possible and have seen many times but this is something horrible.

Can you check with your mechanic if bolts are properly tightened and let us know . I am in doubt now that what they might have done inside the engine.

My New Ravi Piaggio 2014  New Model -1410814

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vicky bro there is a seepage from the central / main engine seal, the starter cover. I don't think this seepage is due to lose tappet cover.

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    IN MHO the tappet cover is lose and oil is seeping through... if u get it serviced dont apply deisal and use it as like you use it daily and at day end notice any moisture or leakage by inspecting the engine visually and by touching if you find any spot take it to claim center...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post
    Dear neodescorpio, what has happened with your bike's engine. It is not looking like a fresh engine from any angle. Is it due to rain? How this mark / scratch come up (in red circle below)?

The oil is coming out from each and every seal. This is not a good sign of Quality. Is each and every bolt on engine is lose because otherwise there should be no seepage like this. I minor seepage is possible and have seen many times but this is something horrible.

Can you check with your mechanic if bolts are properly tightened and let us know . I am in doubt now that what they might have done inside the engine.
    AFAIK engine is sealed , if the bolts are not enough tightened oil leakage should be avoided by engine seals.

I am going to the vendor in evening .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yup you should go and do let us know. Before going to a vendor, have some idea from your family mechanic so that you could answer vendor's ki chikini chapri talks.

First, good condition seals cant prevent seepage if bolts are lose.
    Second, bad condition seals cant prevent seepage even bolts are properly tightened.

AFAIK engine is sealed , if the bolts are not enough tightened oil leakage should be avoided by engine seals.

I am going to the vendor in evening .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well it can be a possibility, but do notice that the head fins just below the tappet covers is also wet which indicates large leakage from tappet cover and oil is navigating to all of the engine with air flow... I had that situation a couple of times after tuning when mechnic forgot to tight the tappet cover properly and all my engine got a oil bath after wards.

Vicky bro there is a seepage from the central / main engine seal, the starter cover. I don't think this seepage is due to lose tappet cover.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yup you should go and do let us know. Before going to a vendor, have some idea from your family mechanic so that you could answer vendor's ki chikini chapri talks.

First, good condition seals cant prevent seepage if bolts are lose.
    Second, bad condition seals cant prevent seepage even bolts are properly tightened.
    @abdulrehmanrauf Thanks for advice, I'll keep those things in my mind.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get what work done ? i pushed the bike a little like 60 and RPM were half on meter like 5 or 6 (couldn't control myself on empty road.) is it too much ? I was planing to go to vendor and ask him about this but i know he will not give any satisfactory answer so PW is the only hope for me. I was going for ZIC oil for my bike, my Honda mechanic told me to buy a 3 litre bottle and use it for the 3 oil changes. Is it okay to use car oil in bike ? according to him its okay but i think car oil could be more dense then bike oil.

And I'm not very much clear about the break process , what is meant by it.(I haven't read the forums thoroughly as my schedule is very busy nowadays but it seems that i have to spare time now )
    60 km/hr is nothing to worry about. i myself use havoline 20w50 and i guess its a car oil but it has the features to support the bike engine is well. i am not sure about zic but i used zic a+ in my bike for 3 oil changes and bike is running fine till now. i have heard it on pakwheels that engine oil for cars is not meant for bikes so i stick to havoline. wash the engine properly then check again if the oil is coming out
    people need to grow up sometimes and act MATURE !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congratulation on purchase

First 1000km are called running period in this time
    *Drive bike slow 40-50km/h
    *Avoid sudden throttle quick acceleration
    *Avoid heavy load on bike
    *Avoid contineous drive more than 30km
    *Change first oil at 200 or 300km than again after 300km than 3rd at 1000km
    after that every 1000km considered best best timing to change engine oil

the pictures that you have shared of engine is not pleasant pic
    you must get your bike checked immediately that is too much oil stains there
    either problem will be solved with ease with some tightening of bolts or else
    you will have to replace tappet cover seal or more worst engine head gasket if
    oil is leaking from there

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by angel82 View Post
    It is normal in my opinion as engine is new seals are getting settled. Happened to me aswell but if it increases then something must be done.
    Engine seals should never leak especially for a brand new engine..Kabi nai gari ki seals leak hotay hoay dekhi hain??

Bike main minor seepage ho sakta hai(labour faults) magar oil is leaking from crankase seals aswell in this bike

Seals leak due 2 two reasons

1)If oil is over..(engine main oil ziada ho)
    2)Seal sahi tarahn na lagai gi hon.
    3)substandard engine seals
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congrates Dear
    A Good Long Ride Can Clear Your Mind, Restore Your Faith, And Use Up A lot Of Fuel.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilskreed View Post
    Engine seals should never leak especially for a brand new engine..Kabi nai gari ki seals leak hotay hoay dekhi hain??

Bike main minor seepage ho sakta hai(labour faults) magar oil is leaking from crankase seals aswell in this bike

Seals leak due 2 two reasons

1)If oil is over..(engine main oil ziada ho)
    2)Seal sahi tarahn na lagai gi hon.
    3)substandard engine seals
    Well i pick the 3rd option

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro Congrats on the beautiful purchase but sadly ur bikes engine looks like a used one cause it looks fu****............

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

is ka handle bar adjutsbale hai ? matlab mazeed rotate kiya ja sakta hai ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bikerboyhot View Post
    Bro Congrats on the beautiful purchase but sadly ur bikes engine looks like a used one cause it looks fu****............
    Engine looks like this because of the mud of rainy day , I cleaned it up last night and believe me it's brand new

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tutmash.shafi View Post
    is ka handle bar adjutsbale hai ? matlab mazeed rotate kiya ja sakta hai ?
    I don't know yet , but mushkil hai as you can see there are 2 Lkey screws also that define it's position

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well guys after that pic of engine i posted , i sent an enquiry on ravi motorcycle site and the response was amazing , I wasn't expecting this response and this much quick .

1. First i received and email reply from Ravi , which wasn't a automated message. (I can judge it by the text in it). They nominated Mr Rizwan for my problem and also mentioned his cellno.

2. Then Mr Rizwan called me and enquired about the issues i mentioned my enquiry. He nominated a service centre in my city and talked to the owner Sheikh Usman at Kohati bazar service centre.

3. Then Sheikh Sb himself called me and discusses the matter , (I was feeling like yaar bs karo phones mai shaam mai bike leke aa rha ho.) I fixed a meeting with Sheikh sb at 7pm at his service centre for resolution of the engine issue. I decided to fix the issue and clean the engine afterwards to see whether the seepage has stopped or not.

4. Then I went there, couldn't met Seikh Usman but the guys there said that this isn't a big issue they opened the top of engine and tightened some 4-5 nuts and bolts , cleaned the engine. it's good after nearly 30 km of riding no oil signs but I will monitor it strictly for 2-3 days

Now I am satisfied that I'm in good hands , thanks to Mr Rizwan for his quick response , meri to nend urr gae thi k ab kya hoga but now I'm relaxed. Hopefully this issue is settled down now.

and for those people who say that engine is this or that , guys baarish mai bike chala k apnay engines dekh lena isi trha ho ge
    picture post karne ka maqsad sirf itna tha k oil stains clear nazar aa jaaye so that senior members can have a clear idea k kis had tak leakage or seepage hai. and the dirt and mud was making it obvious so that's why i didn't cleaned dust & mud on engine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Awesome.

A good support from a company is real blessing.

Take care of your bike and please lets us know with your experience time to time. This bike looks promising and it should be given its right credit. Initiatives from Ravi guys should be appreciated.

Well guys after that pic of engine i posted , i sent an enquiry on ravi motorcycle site and the response was amazing , I wasn't expecting this response and this much quick .

1. First i received and email reply from Ravi , which wasn't a automated message. (I can judge it by the text in it). They nominated Mr Rizwan for my problem and also mentioned his cellno.

2. Then Mr Rizwan called me and enquired about the issues i mentioned my enquiry. He nominated a service centre in my city and talked to the owner Sheikh Usman at Kohati bazar service centre.

3. Then Sheikh Sb himself called me and discusses the matter , (I was feeling like yaar bs karo phones mai shaam mai bike leke aa rha ho.) I fixed a meeting with Sheikh sb at 7pm at his service centre for resolution of the engine issue. I decided to fix the issue and clean the engine afterwards to see whether the seepage has stopped or not.

4. Then I went there, couldn't met Seikh Usman but the guys there said that this isn't a big issue they opened the top of engine and tightened some 4-5 nuts and bolts , cleaned the engine. it's good after nearly 30 km of riding no oil signs but I will monitor it strictly for 2-3 days

Now I am satisfied that I'm in good hands , thanks to Mr Rizwan for his quick response , meri to nend urr gae thi k ab kya hoga but now I'm relaxed. Hopefully this issue is settled down now.

and for those people who say that engine is this or that , guys baarish mai bike chala k apnay engines dekh lena isi trha ho ge
    picture post karne ka maqsad sirf itna tha k oil stains clear nazar aa jaaye so that senior members can have a clear idea k kis had tak leakage or seepage hai. and the dirt and mud was making it obvious so that's why i didn't cleaned dust & mud on engine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes there customer back up is going way beyond limits I already saw an example of @angel82 where even CEO supervised the problem's solution...

BUT... ager ye apna Qaulity control thora behter ker lein tu shyid inka customer bilawaja ki khuwari say bach jaye... I mean isnt it amazing that they did not even bothered to check the tappet cover to see if bolts are tight on proper torque I mean it makes me little nervous that what level of quality control they are persuading... I lot people know how much I like this ride ... but I even person like me totally hate the manufacturing facility who is bringing this bike...

But al is well as end is well.. glad your ride is addressed properly ... Enjoy dont over rev in Break In period!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

User Tag List