Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree295Likes

Thread: My New Ravi Piaggio 2014 (New Model)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool My New Ravi Piaggio 2014 (New Model)

Hello everyone, yesterday i got my brand new Ravi Piaggio new model at last (awaited a very long time.)

Please i require your expert knowledge on first 1,000 KM as i previously owned a Metro 70CC bike and this is a very new experience for me. Guide me regarding the running and general maintenance for this bike, as it is quite sophisticated as compared to my old bike.

My New Ravi Piaggio 2014  New Model -1409721My New Ravi Piaggio 2014  New Model -1409722My New Ravi Piaggio 2014  New Model -1409723My New Ravi Piaggio 2014  New Model -1409724My New Ravi Piaggio 2014  New Model -1409725My New Ravi Piaggio 2014  New Model -1409726My New Ravi Piaggio 2014  New Model -1409727

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by neodescorpio View Post
    im also like 5.11'' or might be 6'' i haven't checked long while but IMHO you shouldn't have any problem, your height is great mujhe to ab chotay cousins bhi uncle kehte hai
    I have tried to adjust so many times. I can't. And thats one thing i can't explain in words because its a personal thing.

abhi tak high speeds ya heavy breaking nai ki so is baray mai kuch nai keh skta but im confused by your term "NO CONTROL over the "whole ride" " .
    Worry not. Every rider controls the bike differently. I am not really an experienced rider, but i don't really like the heavy bike inspired position of Piaggio.

Once your bike's running period is over ... try to drag the bike on an open road, and you will know what i am talking about. While braking, "Bike will try to balance itself", giving YOU lesser control over the situation. This doesn't really go in my favor.

I also didn't understood the term gutka at first but then he explained as the upper portion of rear shock that is bolted to frame. on to of spring
    I still don't understand. How will it effect the seat? Could you post a picture or something to show this fankaari by him?

I mean, is it a "feature" offering in Stock bike ... or is it some "Desi Totka" applied by these ... scientists :p
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

except trail and dual sports almost all sports (I should also include semi/street/track/ and super sports to it as well) machine have that ...... ever tried a GS500e it has a very brutal balancing effect ..

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    "Bike will try to balance itself"
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    except trail and dual sports almost all sports machine have that ...... ever tried a GS500e it has a very brutal balancing effect ..
    Yes thats why i didn't say "its a bad thing". But its bad "for me". Because i have never been able to anticipate bike's behavior in this way, and that annoys me greatly. For example, if at high speeds, the rear skids slightly ... I would most definitely fall off the bike ... Unless ofcourse "I" would have the control and Not the bike. (Also refer to what i said above for "every rider has his own style").

Anyway, this is a subjective argument so i would rather not discuss this further. But that doesn't change my curiosity about the new model :p I believe this was much more obvious in previous model of Piaggio where foot rest were a bit ahead, and the handle bar was higher placed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I still don't understand. How will it effect the seat? Could you post a picture or something to show this fankaari by him?

I mean, is it a "feature" offering in Stock bike ... or is it some "Desi Totka" applied by these ... scientists :p
    it will simply increase the height of the rear shock , and seat will be raised like 1.5'' or 2 depending on the length of gutka , see the reaer shock of Honda CD70 a little older model of 70s , he demonstrated on that

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

is there any fella who is in RWP or ISB ? I want to see the older model and compare it with new to answer these questions about wiehgt , sound , seat and control etc . . . All these things are making me curious

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

o teri ki .... abobobo!! bhai I am not arguing I just told what I felt on tail/Daul Sports that the give the rider the complete control... anf offcourse its totally a riders choice that is amin reason many people always ride a Trail or a Dual Sports.. and never bother a Heavy Sports machine... In MAP, PBC I know many seniors who are sticked with trails for ages..

I enjoy both version of bikes though!

Yes thats why i didn't say "its a bad thing". But its bad "for me". Because i have never been able to anticipate bike's behavior in this way, and that annoys me greatly. For example, if at high speeds, the rear skids slightly ... I would most definitely fall off the bike ... Unless ofcourse "I" would have the control and Not the bike. (Also refer to what i said above for "every rider has his own style").

Anyway, this is a subjective argument so i would rather not discuss this further. But that doesn't change my curiosity about the new model :p I believe this was much more obvious in previous model of Piaggio where foot rest were a bit ahead, and the handle bar was higher placed.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vickytulla ! I am a harley davidson kinda guy At best i like Naked bikes. Like the 199x Inazuma 750 or the likes of Honda CB400 1990's model (hate the new plastique models)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Harley is correct choice I know your taste very well now blieve me..... but IMHO the 750 or the CB400 (not the custom cruiser but the naked street rod) will not let you swirl and keep up the balance brutally (I have tested CB400,CBX, GSX750 in real they are very reluctant to maneuver and keep the balance them self) ..

even so much balanced that you can actually do a gangnam style and bike would least bother..

@vickytulla ! I am a harley davidson kinda guy At best i like Naked bikes. Like the 199x Inazuma 750 or the likes of Honda CB400 1990's model (hate the new plastique models)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Harley is correct choice I know your taste very well now blieve me.....
    Really? Ya phir Maska laga rahay ho? :p

but IMHO the 750 or the CB400 (not the custom cruiser but the naked street rod) will not let you swirl and keep up the balance brutally (I have tested CB400,CBX, GSX750 in real they are very reluctant to maneuver and keep the balance them self) ..

even so much balanced that you can actually do a gangnam style and bike would least bother..
    But their riding posture is sort of more dynamic, and 'fits-in' with the persona of the bike. So one more reason for me to like them. (I am not an experienced rider so generally i tend to dislike 'aggressive' bikes. I have ridden that old Police Auctioned Suzuki 750, but that was YEARS ago when i didn't even have my own bike, and i was practically a kid)

I haven't personally tested the others, but i believe they can be very practical and affordable in today's world (for me). What are your thoughts about it?

Btw, i didn't know GSX750 was available in Pakistan, or even the CB400. I have never seen any of those bikes on roads. Out of sheer curiosity

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Really? Ya phir Maska laga rahay ho? :p
    But their riding posture is sort of more dynamic, and 'fits-in' with the persona of the bike. So one more reason for me to like them. (I am not an experienced rider so generally i tend to dislike 'aggressive' bikes. I have ridden that old Police Auctioned Suzuki 750, but that was YEARS ago when i didn't even have my own bike, and i was practically a kid)

I haven't personally tested the others, but i believe they can be very practical and affordable in today's world (for me). What are your thoughts about it?

Btw, i didn't know GSX750 was available in Pakistan, or even the CB400. I have never seen any of those bikes on roads. Out of sheer curiosity

actually sports bikes are the one in which a person actually totally fits in so that air drag can be reduced on bikes like harleys and Police suzuki 750s or CBX750 and other big bikes
    like that have a straight sitting posture and the air drag is direct that is basically I think the main reason they have big wind shield in front to comfort the rider. but even with that relaxing posture they are very reluctant to riders orders control as they tend to stablise them self (for example CBX750-P) its a huge bike and has as straight posture but its one dang bike to actually maneuver while riding you feel like you are on a SHIP or some thing..

My New Ravi Piaggio 2014  New Model -1411918

I have dragged this bike to 150kmh and I felt like I am still some where around 100kmh untill I poped my head out of the wind shield... but unlike CG or dlx its impossible to actually control like any daul sports or a dirt bike... its guides you you cant.. and its stays happy on straight Highways and kills your shoulders and fists in traffic jams.

about CB400, GSX750-P and many other bikes actually were in pakistan mostly in Govt. departments llike GSX750P were in use of anti naroctics still some dead pieces are on sale at tarnol auction center in pindi. CB400 was in use by Pak Navy untill they switched to GS500E

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vickytulla ! You sir, are clearly much more knowledgeable than me in this regard. And i just realized my mistake. That bike i ride years ago, was a 'HONDA' 750 (the one you just posted) lol. My brain is getting weary.

Anyway ... let me show you what i am talking about when i say "dynamic" posture. Do note that i have mentioned TWO kinda.
    1) Harley style - with straight posture. Something piaggio had, but with a poor implementation (cuz of higher handle bars, and wrong position of foot rest)
    2) Naked bikes ... which don't have a straight sitting posture, and rider always bends forward very slightly .. as shown in the following picture of a CB400.
    My New Ravi Piaggio 2014  (New Model) - Honda CB400 Super Four

Or this Inazuma 750:
    My New Ravi Piaggio 2014  (New Model) - 100 156420 Medium

On a side note ... absolutely adore the design language of these 90's models, with minimalistic approach. Discreet looks but ferocious performance is what i crave (with a little it of road presence in the form of a dazzling exhaust note :p )

Anyway, coming back to Piaggio ... believe it or not ... i am pretty sure this is exactly what has happened with the new model of Piaggio, with rider's posture adjusted to a more 'natural' manner. By slightly bending forward, we "could" practically control the bike better, even if slightly. See what i mean?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congrats. Nice Bike
    Allah Mubarak kare

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Absolutly 90s era street bikes are actually a class apart another fine example is bandit and balius... CB400 Street and Inazuama which you shared below also have that self control thing try getting a test ride on them some day, you maneuver the bike and it will tend to get back up and push you to get back straight and its one stress full job to ride them in hefty lahori trafic.. I have rode CB400 which was owned by a friend and I assume Inazuama would do the same.

About paiggio, the older version which I have you are absolutely correct its a cross breed of Khota and Kora that is one main reason it do not offer much of the control I suppose becuase the bikes frame is front leaning where as handle and foot pegs are installed where Retro Bikes have....

I am looking forward to a test ride the new model where they actually put clips ons and moved the pegs up and back ... as soon as I find some one... but IMO I dont expect it to give me the control by just moving peg little back and pushing the handle little down even my grey matter indicates that it would increase that self controlling effect.

but lets see.

@vickytulla ! You sir, are clearly much more knowledgeable than me in this regard. And i just realized my mistake. That bike i ride years ago, was a 'HONDA' 750 (the one you just posted) lol. My brain is getting weary.

Anyway ... let me show you what i am talking about when i say "dynamic" posture. Do note that i have mentioned TWO kinda.
    1) Harley style - with straight posture. Something piaggio had, but with a poor implementation (cuz of higher handle bars, and wrong position of foot rest)
    2) Naked bikes ... which don't have a straight sitting posture, and rider always bends forward very slightly .. as shown in the following picture of a CB400.

Or this Inazuma 750:

On a side note ... absolutely adore the design language of these 90's models, with minimalistic approach. Discreet looks but ferocious performance is what i crave (with a little it of road presence in the form of a dazzling exhaust note :p )

Anyway, coming back to Piaggio ... believe it or not ... i am pretty sure this is exactly what has happened with the new model of Piaggio, with rider's posture adjusted to a more 'natural' manner. By slightly bending forward, we "could" practically control the bike better, even if slightly. See what i mean?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i think we have hijacked the thread .. sorry Neo

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i think we have hijacked the thread .. sorry Neo
    yea but I'm enjoying it please continue , i am not a big fan of bikes but im getting now , i think it's in our DNA

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vickytulla! We are actually spoiled by our tiny CG125 and its 'maneuverability' in our city traffic :p NONE of the bike, whether street or naked can cut traffic like you are saying. The handle bars had to be reached, which is exactly the reason behind lesser maneuverability. But that doesn't mean they can't maneuver. Its just that they are "Slower" in doing so, and have to be ridden 'with ease'. You have test driven those bikes so you may already know what i am talking about.

Piaggio's earlier models (also the GS150) have this same problem. If you try to be quick on them, you are definitely gonna fall off. So ride then calm, and go easy on the 'traffic cutting' ... heck go ahead and take a full right lane like a baws :p (thats what i do, even on a CG125)

Trust me on this, the change of handle bars and slightly retraced footrest can make a lot of difference in riding style (because of your posture). Or maybe its been quite a while you have ridden a heavy bike that you have forgotten how it behaves :p

Anyway, please do update me whenever you find a latest model piaggio which you can test ride

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

self edit

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@saboor73 ! Bhai hum kuch aur baat kar rahay hain. Pehle gor se parh to liya karo :p

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@saboor73 ! Bhai hum kuch aur baat kar rahay hain. Pehle gor se parh to liya karo :p
    hahahahha

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

that is why I called the CG125 a bench mark...

I rode CBX750 a month back and believe me its not a happy bike in lahore ...

Yes I definatly update what ever I find from new paiggio I am looking fwd to that too,,,.

@vickytulla! We are actually spoiled by our tiny CG125 and its 'maneuverability' in our city traffic :p NONE of the bike, whether street or naked can cut traffic like you are saying. The handle bars had to be reached, which is exactly the reason behind lesser maneuverability. But that doesn't mean they can't maneuver. Its just that they are "Slower" in doing so, and have to be ridden 'with ease'. You have test driven those bikes so you may already know what i am talking about.

Piaggio's earlier models (also the GS150) have this same problem. If you try to be quick on them, you are definitely gonna fall off. So ride then calm, and go easy on the 'traffic cutting' ... heck go ahead and take a full right lane like a baws :p (thats what i do, even on a CG125)

Trust me on this, the change of handle bars and slightly retraced footrest can make a lot of difference in riding style (because of your posture). Or maybe its been quite a while you have ridden a heavy bike that you have forgotten how it behaves :p

Anyway, please do update me whenever you find a latest model piaggio which you can test ride

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

User Tag List