Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 121 to 127 of 127
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: Became a proud piaggio family member today!My RP 124 2014

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Slickdesertfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Cool Became a proud piaggio family member today!My RP 124 2014

    Dear Pakwheelers!
    AOA
    so after much consideration and searching this forum,I finally bit the bullet today and went on to buy my first bike ever!
    So far feeling pretty good!but i would really appreciate the help of this forum in keeping my bike in tip top condition.
    A little background first
    both of my parents are doctors and they were strictly against buying a motorcycle because of very greater chance of head injury!but what could i do,I had caught the biker bug!
    after much cajoling,i finally convinced them but they made me promise that
    they'll only let me have one if i always practice safety first!

    meaning all the safety gear whether summer or winter,dhoop aur chaooon!!!
    ATGATT!!
    i'll share pics soon!
    so ibought safety gear first and bike second!

  2. #121
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,424
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    In lahore RP125 is quite common but please be advised its been a month and still claimed parts from our few PW friend have not been claimed which were faulty ... @faizandawood007 is one of the victom as well who is still waiting I suppose...

    PParts mil tu jatay hain mager bohut wait k bad tu aesi bike apko khuwar kerwa sakti hai .... Offcourse a brand new bike chosed after a through inspection is not going to create any problem in comming years... but there are some unlucky cases...

    Piaggio lenay k baray men mera mashwara yehi hai k ager leni hai tu zara tasli ker k khareedien takay ye sure ho k bike apko 3~4saal tanng nahi keray gee without any mishandling... I mean there must not be some factory fault.. and that is pretty easy to check .. better would be to take some mechnic or a friend with biking knowledge with ur self....

    Same case is for GS150 I agree itni aram say usky spare parts bhi nahi miltay but its spare parts back up is better ... or body parts usky hain koi nahi jinka masla ho...

    in worst case sara GN ka saman usko lag jata hai

    in the last go for what your heart says... take my mashwara just another advice... becuase the whole thing about biking is personal prefernces...

    Quote Originally Posted by BonedWild View Post
    I was praying not to get a no in answer as my heart was set on piaggio (even more after seeing ur piaggio), but cant afford to have the same karachi experience yet again. But many people here in lahore have suggested me to not get bothered with this spare parts issue as it is not as bad as karachi here and even GS150 spares would not be that easily available .... do u support this statement ?
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  3. #122
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @vickytulla spot on. Dil jo kahay wo lain

    Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app

  4. #123
    PakWheeler Follow
    naqvi.5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    101
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    In lahore RP125 is quite common but please be advised its been a month and still claimed parts from our few PW friend have not been claimed which were faulty ... @faizandawood007 is one of the victom as well who is still waiting I suppose...

    PParts mil tu jatay hain mager bohut wait k bad tu aesi bike apko khuwar kerwa sakti hai .... Offcourse a brand new bike chosed after a through inspection is not going to create any problem in comming years... but there are some unlucky cases...

    Piaggio lenay k baray men mera mashwara yehi hai k ager leni hai tu zara tasli ker k khareedien takay ye sure ho k bike apko 3~4saal tanng nahi keray gee without any mishandling... I mean there must not be some factory fault.. and that is pretty easy to check .. better would be to take some mechnic or a friend with biking knowledge with ur self....

    Same case is for GS150 I agree itni aram say usky spare parts bhi nahi miltay but its spare parts back up is better ... or body parts usky hain koi nahi jinka masla ho...

    in worst case sara GN ka saman usko lag jata hai

    in the last go for what your heart says... take my mashwara just another advice... becuase the whole thing about biking is personal prefernces...
    Here, if u can explain what should be the most important check points while buying new piaggio. Or what are the common problems which we should check at first place? I have decided to buy Piaggio but don't have much knowledge about it

  5. #124
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,424
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I did bro many times but here you go...

    First go through all vital signs of each electronic and mechnical parts
    1 - All needles working
    2 - All lights working
    3 - All buttons/throttle/Clutch/brakes are working smoothly

    Close Inspection:
    1 - Closely Inspect all nuts bolts , cracks in lights, indicator, scratches on paint job damage in seat
    2 - step back from Bike sit down and look at over all any alignment if out or if Seat is difigured or if bike is abnormally low from front or back (Frame level Manufacturing Fault)
    3 - Mostly its a plastic all over but do give a look for any signs of rust.

    Engine Inspection:
    1 - Fire up the engine let it warm up a little see if there is any non normal sound from engine
    2 - Shift in all 5 gears see if there is any unwanted HUMMMMMMM or ZZZZZZZZ (noise) in any gear ..
    3 - Nuetral the bike slowly take the bike uptill 8.5k rpm in first gear (a test ride may be will be better) you will notice vibrations will occur some where after 4k RPM may be from feets and will go away after 8.5k (its the engine power band) but what you have to notice is that bike dont go vibrating crazy in this range it should control/Consume or I should damp the vibrations.

    SUSPENSION
    1 - Sit on Bike push the bike down by ur wait, apply front brake and push it see if all 4 shocks workl properly
    2 - After that sit to people notice if there is any abnormal Cheeaann CHaaann sound from shocks with double load...


    abi fil hal itni he batain yad arahi hai ... or kuch yad aya tu I will reply about that as well... ager itni inspection koi ker k khareeday tu I am 100% sure k usko koi masla nahi ho ga ...


    Or ye recomendations sirf Ravi k liye nahi hai... its needed for any bike to buy kio k jitni thaki hui quality ajkal arahi hai bas kismat he sath de tu banday ki theek bike ati hai ......




    Quote Originally Posted by naqvi.5 View Post
    Here, if u can explain what should be the most important check points while buying new piaggio. Or what are the common problems which we should check at first place? I have decided to buy Piaggio but don't have much knowledge about it
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  6. #125
    PakWheeler Follow
    onefifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    155
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    I did bro many times but here you go...

    First go through all vital signs of each electronic and mechnical parts
    1 - All needles working
    2 - All lights working
    3 - All buttons/throttle/Clutch/brakes are working smoothly

    Close Inspection:
    1 - Closely Inspect all nuts bolts , cracks in lights, indicator, scratches on paint job damage in seat
    2 - step back from Bike sit down and look at over all any alignment if out or if Seat is difigured or if bike is abnormally low from front or back (Frame level Manufacturing Fault)
    3 - Mostly its a plastic all over but do give a look for any signs of rust.

    Engine Inspection:
    1 - Fire up the engine let it warm up a little see if there is any non normal sound from engine
    2 - Shift in all 5 gears see if there is any unwanted HUMMMMMMM or ZZZZZZZZ (noise) in any gear ..
    3 - Nuetral the bike slowly take the bike uptill 8.5k rpm in first gear (a test ride may be will be better) you will notice vibrations will occur some where after 4k RPM may be from feets and will go away after 8.5k (its the engine power band) but what you have to notice is that bike dont go vibrating crazy in this range it should control/Consume or I should damp the vibrations.

    SUSPENSION
    1 - Sit on Bike push the bike down by ur wait, apply front brake and push it see if all 4 shocks workl properly
    2 - After that sit to people notice if there is any abnormal Cheeaann CHaaann sound from shocks with double load...


    abi fil hal itni he batain yad arahi hai ... or kuch yad aya tu I will reply about that as well... ager itni inspection koi ker k khareeday tu I am 100% sure k usko koi masla nahi ho ga ...


    Or ye recomendations sirf Ravi k liye nahi hai... its needed for any bike to buy kio k jitni thaki hui quality ajkal arahi hai bas kismat he sath de tu banday ki theek bike ati hai ......
    Bro @vickytulla

    Bohat se cheezey tu battery install karnay k baad hi check ki jaa sakti hai, kia koi bike showroom wala ye sab karney dey ga hamko?
    We are going to get a bike for my brother and we are thinking about RP 2014. Which showroom you think is best one to buy?

  7. #126
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,424
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Yes why not .. when you go actually to buy a bike they will understand... remember when @automotorsports_lover went to buy a Deluxe, he got prepared to Deluxe and both came out to be faulty one had a Feul tank leak and other had some other issue I think and he canceled the plan of CG and came back with normal CG125...

    on full prepration you find out that there is abnormal sound from engine other then lose tappets decline right away its you right or if you find out that it is vibrating abornammally or if meeters are bad...


    You are paying for a brand new bike right ? get the right one..


    Quote Originally Posted by onefifty View Post
    Bro @vickytulla

    Bohat se cheezey tu battery install karnay k baad hi check ki jaa sakti hai, kia koi bike showroom wala ye sab karney dey ga hamko?
    We are going to get a bike for my brother and we are thinking about RP 2014. Which showroom you think is best one to buy?
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  8. #127
    PakWheeler Follow
    naqvi.5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    101
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    I did bro many times but here you go...

    First go through all vital signs of each electronic and mechnical parts
    1 - All needles working
    2 - All lights working
    3 - All buttons/throttle/Clutch/brakes are working smoothly

    Close Inspection:
    1 - Closely Inspect all nuts bolts , cracks in lights, indicator, scratches on paint job damage in seat
    2 - step back from Bike sit down and look at over all any alignment if out or if Seat is difigured or if bike is abnormally low from front or back (Frame level Manufacturing Fault)
    3 - Mostly its a plastic all over but do give a look for any signs of rust.

    Engine Inspection:
    1 - Fire up the engine let it warm up a little see if there is any non normal sound from engine
    2 - Shift in all 5 gears see if there is any unwanted HUMMMMMMM or ZZZZZZZZ (noise) in any gear ..
    3 - Nuetral the bike slowly take the bike uptill 8.5k rpm in first gear (a test ride may be will be better) you will notice vibrations will occur some where after 4k RPM may be from feets and will go away after 8.5k (its the engine power band) but what you have to notice is that bike dont go vibrating crazy in this range it should control/Consume or I should damp the vibrations.

    SUSPENSION
    1 - Sit on Bike push the bike down by ur wait, apply front brake and push it see if all 4 shocks workl properly
    2 - After that sit to people notice if there is any abnormal Cheeaann CHaaann sound from shocks with double load...


    abi fil hal itni he batain yad arahi hai ... or kuch yad aya tu I will reply about that as well... ager itni inspection koi ker k khareeday tu I am 100% sure k usko koi masla nahi ho ga ...


    Or ye recomendations sirf Ravi k liye nahi hai... its needed for any bike to buy kio k jitni thaki hui quality ajkal arahi hai bas kismat he sath de tu banday ki theek bike ati hai ......
    Thanks for the detailed reply. Pls do share other technicalities in this regard. I'm sure many people like me joined PW to get such deep info & don't want to waste their "Jamapunji"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •