0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Brand New - 2014 Ravi Piaggio 125 Storm II

Aslamulikum,

Inspiration:

I finally bought a RP 125 and it was the hardest thing to buy. Here is what happened. A few months back, I went to Hunza Valley with my wife in a jeep I specifically bought for tours like this. We ran out of time so we could not go beyond Attabad Lake. My dream was to drive all the way to Kunjrab Pass (China Border) but in a jeep, it seemed too easy. When I reached Attabad Lake, I saw a bunch of guys on bikes coming back from the Pass and they were kind enough to share some of the details with me regarding their journey. Also, I read many threads on PW of members doing long tours on bikes especially Brother Suleiman, who left Karachi to visit Astor. I was hooked and all my brain could think of even while at work was the feeling of being on a bike while cursing through endless valleys of beautiful mountains and than you reach your destination. As you can tell, I am already hooked but I have never used a bike except when I was a kid and I got a 70 just to cruise around.

Choosing your companion:

After months of research, I narrowed it down to Suzuki GS 150 and Ravi Piaggio 125. The reason was stability, stability and more stability. I read too much about Honda's shacking for me to even want to try it however I should reserve my judgement until I try a honda (my first bike was a honda when I was a kid). After seeing a few brothers exclusively do journeys on RP 125 and witnessed its reliability and reading countless posts about GS 150's bad assembly had me singing RP 125. However, there were none available in Rawalpindi/Islamabad dealers Al Haq Autos. They said I would have to wait 2 months before I could get the latest 2014 version of RP 125.

Getting the bike:

Since, I am stubborn, I chose not to take that as a final answer. I started phoning around all the dealerships closest to Islamabad than moving out further and further until I reached Khamran Autos in Lahore. They had one black 2014 RP 125 (I love black) and they had 2 others that were in red and grey. I was happy to hear that someone had a bike available but I had no idea how I would manage to get the bike down to Islamabad, where I live. I waited a few weeks hoping the shipments would arrive in RWL but after complete disappointment, I left today for Lahore and took my car with me. I was sick so couldn't take public transport but obviously not sick enough to do a 8 hour journey, just to buy a bike. I went to Lahore, called up my cousin and asked him to arrange a pick up suzuki. The reason I didn't do it by rail is because I couldn't travel on the train with the bike so I had no idea what the process was and how it was handled. I hired the pick up, bought the bike, put it up in the pick and left Lahore via Motor way. Suzuki pick up came by G.T Road and met me in Islamabad, where it made me a very happy "amateur" biker.

The Plan:

My plan is to quickly get the bike through the break in period following rules posted by the company and also by members on PW. At the same time, get the bike ready as a long route cruiser with some additional mods. I will posting the updates on the forum as I get or find new mods that will help me make it a comfortable ride with luggage space. The plan is to go to Kunjrab Pass from Islamabad on a bike. Please make dua that all goes well in this planning stage and the upcoming journey as well. Thanks

Total Cost:

RP 125 (black): 114000
    Delivery Charges: 7600

This is what you get for being stubborn.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Iam talking about rims and tyres like these any idea of the prices ans place to get in lahore

Sent from my H30-U10 using PW Forums mobile app
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Past cant be brought back ..but future can be made even better than the Past..if one wants to.. ....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by janleva View Post
    Iam talking about rims and tyres like these any idea of the prices ans place to get in lahore

I don't recommend these as this will make ur bike very heavy and u will feel huge decrease in performance. You can watch the video review of that gray bike with allow rims on our fb page horsepower.pk

Sent from my LG-F320L using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

CONGRATULATIONSconfused betwen honda 125 and piaggio. But I have decided for the piaggio. Did you just pay and get the bike on the same day. IT will be my first bike. I WILL be changing the rims and geting wide tyres. Can any one guide me about the estimated cost of alloy rims and tyres. I will be looking for a yellow or metallic gray one.
    I got the bike in lahore from Khurram Autos. They had a grey bike when i bought mine. You should call then. They have a facebook page as well.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1st bike belongs to @vickytulla
    It is Easy to hate But Love is More Powerful...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@janleva
    1 - Putting alloy wheels is a bad Choice it will not only reduces Bikes performance but also reduces the engine life over all.

2 - They Grey Bike pic you shared brother if you notice has a different Bigger engine and produces double the power of stock 125 and double the accelration and thats why it manages such huge tyres.

@rajaxone Congrats for a beautiful machine, its one of the best machines you can find for Relaxation in northern area, but please notice you can go there on bike untill May next year as its too cold for a bike ride now and the roads are already started to Clogg by snow and soon will be closed.

Untill then learn to Ride specially go to Damen e Koh, Neela bhotu, neela sandh and near areas or Muree on it to get some hands on experience with it.
    I would Advice to Ride alone when going to steep hills to avoid any problem in start.

go through different tourist thread and see how the manage there huge lugauge on small bikes... Its a fun job to do little maintainces your self as well and helps to fix little issues on tour as well.

But again please do remember its a China bike and can have stupid/lame issue which one do not expect very often, also you mioght notice it getting over heated in start break in period.

If you dont find good RP125 mechnic in RWP/ISL then alway get it tuned from propfessional CG mechnic who know pushrod engines well enough, dont follow 'Free Mashwaras' from Hathora mechnics they dont know a bit about this machine..

Allah apko is per Full time Enjoy kerna naseeb keray! (Y) take care.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rajaxone View Post

They were sold out by the time I called. They tried selling me the older model as 2014 but I caught
    First of all Congrats!!! Nice choice
    Pls follow safety precautions. I also belong to RWP & planed to buy from there but really disappointed by how AlHaq autos tried to deceive you.

Pls do share your reviews specially after sale service experiences

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

any update on bike performance? how's the bike going (reliability, availability)? do share your experience.
    I like the thread already.
    Not to postpone is strength in action. -- Omar (R.A)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List