Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 130
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Piaggio Storm 2015

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    tahirahmad13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    827
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default MY Love My Piaggio Storm 2015

    Many of my friends know that I was going to buy a brand new PIAGGIO in black colour from CSD. Today was the delivery day. A blue and a black were available. Checked the black one and it was perfect except its disk break cable was very tight( poori poori in length). Now what to do? They are asking me to choose the other colour(blue) or wait for some more days. What do you people say ?


  2. #101
    PakWheeler Follow
    tahirahmad13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    827
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    today got my first oil changed at 200. Stock oil was very thin. i put Zic 20-40. Bike is feeling heavier. self start is taking longer time. Does it mean i have to readjust idle speed? However, I am happy to know that Piaggio too likes thinner oils.

  3. #102
    PakWheeler Follow
    IceCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    33
    Posts
    610
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tahirahmad13 View Post
    today got my first oil changed at 200. Stock oil was very thin. i put Zic 20-40. Bike is feeling heavier. self start is taking longer time. Does it mean i have to readjust idle speed? However, I am happy to know that Piaggio too likes thinner oils.
    I have also used the same oil in my bike (CD-70) on its 2nd tuning at 3000kms. I didnt like it as the vibration in the engine has increased. People here say otherwise but i am stating my opinion.

  4. #103
    PakWheeler Follow
    tahirahmad13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    827
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold View Post
    I have also used the same oil in my bike (CD-70) on its 2nd tuning at 3000kms. I didnt like it as the vibration in the engine has increased. People here say otherwise but i am stating my opinion.
    There is no issue of quality in zic. infact my point was that I should have used thinner oil. i'll put lighter zic oil(m 7) at my next oil change(@ 600 km)

  5. #104
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    faizandawood007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,566
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tahirahmad13 View Post
    today got my first oil changed at 200. Stock oil was very thin. i put Zic 20-40. Bike is feeling heavier. self start is taking longer time. Does it mean i have to readjust idle speed? However, I am happy to know that Piaggio too likes thinner oils.
    i think its thick for cold days, set ur idle speed at 1400 rpm and see if it make things better.
    Can,t think of a better signature

  6. #105
    PakWheeler Follow
    tahirahmad13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    827
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faizandawood007 View Post
    i think its thick for cold days, set ur idle speed at 1400 rpm and see if it make things better.
    From where can I get gauge to measur RPM? Moreover I want to tell u that Universal Autos at Quid-i-Azam road is the worst place in Gujranwala to deal Piaggio. The ustad there began to drain oil from the side plug with oil filter 'jali'. Moreover, I want to ask you if you got free service voucher+warranty card along your invice from the company?

  7. #106
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    faizandawood007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,566
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tahirahmad13 View Post
    From where can I get gauge to measur RPM? Moreover I want to tell u that Universal Autos at Quid-i-Azam road is the worst place in Gujranwala to deal Piaggio. The ustad there began to drain oil from the side plug with oil filter 'jali'. Moreover, I want to ask you if you got free service voucher+warranty card along your invice from the company?
    Piaggio Storm 2015 -1530890
    The one on the right side is rpm, set it around 1400rpm, if its not at 1400rpm right now.
    to set it just twist the screw on the right side of the carburetor i think in the clockwise direction.
    And about oil filter jali he did the right thing as the bike is in breakin procedure so small metal particles get stuck in the oil filter which needs to be cleaned during oil change.
    yes the gave me the warranty and free service card before the invoice.
    Can,t think of a better signature

  8. #107
    PakWheeler Follow
    tahirahmad13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    827
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faizandawood007 View Post
    Piaggio Storm 2015 -1530890
    The one on the right side is rpm, set it around 1400rpm, if its not at 1400rpm right now.
    to set it just twist the screw on the right side of the carburetor i think in the clockwise direction.
    And about oil filter jali he did the right thing as the bike is in breakin procedure so small metal particles get stuck in the oil filter which needs to be cleaned during oil change.
    yes the gave me the warranty and free service card before the invoice.
    oh I c! yes setting RPM is easy. thanx...but don't u think he should have opened oil drain nut underneath the engine as well?

  9. #108
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    faizandawood007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,566
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tahirahmad13 View Post
    oh I c! yes setting RPM is easy. thanx...but don't u think he should have opened oil drain nut underneath the engine as well?
    Yes, actually the right way to it is to open up both bolts and completely drain the oil and then pour half litre of petrol and than kick start the engine a few times while ignition is off, than drain the petrol completely and than engine oil..... This is the way i did it when i changed the oil at 300kms and petrol did managed to get small metal particles out of the engine..... may be u can try it at 500-600kms at the manual suggest this procedure.....
    Can,t think of a better signature

  10. #109
    PakWheeler Follow
    prohyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Age
    22
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faizandawood007 View Post
    Yes, actually the right way to it is to open up both bolts and completely drain the oil and then pour half litre of petrol and than kick start the engine a few times while ignition is off, than drain the petrol completely and than engine oil..... This is the way i did it when i changed the oil at 300kms and petrol did managed to get small metal particles out of the engine..... may be u can try it at 500-600kms at the manual suggest this procedure.....
    Is it safe to pour Petrol into the engine ?

  11. #110
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    faizandawood007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,566
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassams View Post
    Is it safe to pour Petrol into the engine ?
    Yup its written on the service manual and just to be on the safe side one can give a lil bit air pressure inside the engine so that petrol can vaporize out of the engine.
    Can,t think of a better signature

  12. #111
    PakWheeler Follow
    tahirahmad13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    827
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Today my bike remained in sun for two hours at my work place....guess what happened?....self starter was not responding. I reached home by kick starting. however, it became normal when I started next time:what:

  13. #112
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    JustFarooq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,037
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tahirahmad13 View Post
    Today my bike remained in sun for two hours at my work place....guess what happened?....self starter was not responding. I reached home by kick starting. however, it became normal when I started next time:what:
    Hmm this seem happens sometime with my UD100 too this is due to gear stuck issue when such situation happened try to get neutral by reducing gears to 0 hope this also works for you too.
    ALLAH U MMA SALLE ALAA MUHAMMADIN WA BAARIQ WASALLAM

  14. #113
    PakWheeler Follow
    tahirahmad13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    827
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustFarooq View Post
    Hmm this seem happens sometime with my UD100 too this is due to gear stuck issue when such situation happened try to get neutral by reducing gears to 0 hope this also works for you too.
    Thanx @JustFarooq. I'll see it if it happens again!

  15. #114
    PakWheeler Follow
    tahirahmad13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    827
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    overall I am loving and enjoying the bike. it is a hell of a bike. waiting for Break in period to end so that I could push this giant hard.

  16. #115
    PakWheeler Follow
    tahirahmad13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    827
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    also I want to know its mechanics in Lahore as I am planning to go any weekend after changing my second oil at 600

  17. #116
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    faizandawood007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,566
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tahirahmad13 View Post
    also I want to know its mechanics in Lahore as I am planning to go any weekend after changing my second oil at 600
    if u could then Asif (Mughal Autos in johar town) is a good mechanic got my bike tuned from him when he tuned the bike it was way better than what it is now.....
    vicky bhai can help u better .....
    Can,t think of a better signature

  18. #117
    PakWheeler Follow
    tahirahmad13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    827
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    If the disk break causing a sort of sound of rubbing as if it is touching something, what could be the reason/solution? I have shown to a disk brake exprt. he says it got 'Matti' inside which is causing friction.

  19. #118
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    faizandawood007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,566
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tahirahmad13 View Post
    If the disk break causing a sort of sound of rubbing as if it is touching something, what could be the reason/solution? I have shown to a disk brake exprt. he says it got 'Matti' inside which is causing friction.
    If it needs complete silence to hear than its OK cuz my bike does it too sometimes, but if it is loud than there is a problem....
    Can,t think of a better signature

  20. #119
    PakWheeler Follow
    saadullah.b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Age
    31
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Dude, I would love to check out your RP. Have a 2010 GS150 and will be selling it off in a few months. I am thinking of getting my hands on a brand new bike and RP is within budget.
    You from Cantt? I am in Phase 2.

  21. #120
    PakWheeler Follow
    tahirahmad13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    827
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saadullah.b View Post
    Dude, I would love to check out your RP. Have a 2010 GS150 and will be selling it off in a few months. I am thinking of getting my hands on a brand new bike and RP is within budget.
    You from Cantt? I am in Phase 2.
    yes, you are welcome. I am near Sarhang area.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •