Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: engines for Ravi Piaggio?

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    yasir.jahangir2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default engines for Ravi Piaggio?

    Assalam o alikum pakwheelers
    I am thinking of doing an engine swap project on ravi piaggio....I need some guidance on the variety of engines that can fit with bolt-on fitting on ravi piaggio ..... so experts please guide me about the engines and the budget required for the project


  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    taha66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    387
    Follows
    1
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @vickytulla and @angel82 can help u in this matter.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    taha66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    387
    Follows
    1
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @vickytulla and @angel82 can help u in this matter.

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hamikhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    1,261
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taha66 View Post
    @vickytulla and @angel82 can help u in this matter.
    Waiting!!!!!!!!!!!

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asjdsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,476
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    mfaizandawood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    there is a huge variety of engine that are bolt on fit in rp, now it all depends what you want, and its availability. Share some of ur demands and vicky bhai and others will help u in finding ur desired engine.

  7. #7
    Site Banned Follow
    Abdullah9014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamikhan View Post
    Waiting!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wait more dear Dr hamidaliabdullah.......

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hamikhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    1,261
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah9014 View Post
    Wait more dear Dr hamidaliabdullah.......
    I was already in waiting!!!! mode Dr.Raja Ali Abdullah khan sahib

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    yasir.jahangir2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    a two cylinder engine would be good ........ is nighthawk 250 engine bolton for piaggio?

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,424
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    no its not a bolt on fittable needs to replace engine mounts.

    I have 250cc engines available in OHV setup.

    There rated output its 16HP and 17.5Nm/ft and Max output is 18Hp and 22Nm/ft a bike like RP or a GS150 can do a power wheelie, do Slow, stand on Burnouts, and Cruise on above 1oo or 110kmh for hours "litterly" on high ways with Fuel average of some where around 35~40km/Liter.

    In 200cc category horse power is around in same figures but toure is less so you cant do a power wheelie but a clutch wheele, and it can cruise on same top end ...

    both variants can be arranged.


    If you are looking for a 250cc Twin Cylinder engine then that is expensive, around 80k for orignal rebel engine, night hawk engine might be found in around 50k, its Chinese replica can be found some where arounf 10k to 30k depending on condition and qaulity of copy.


    Quote Originally Posted by yasir.jahangir2000 View Post
    a two cylinder engine would be good ........ is nighthawk 250 engine bolton for piaggio?
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,424
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    this how result would look like :

    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...-2#post4679634
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    yasir.jahangir2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    no its not a bolt on fittable needs to replace engine mounts.

    I have 250cc engines available in OHV setup.

    There rated output its 16HP and 17.5Nm/ft and Max output is 18Hp and 22Nm/ft a bike like RP or a GS150 can do a power wheelie, do Slow, stand on Burnouts, and Cruise on above 1oo or 110kmh for hours "litterly" on high ways with Fuel average of some where around 35~40km/Liter.

    In 200cc category horse power is around in same figures but toure is less so you cant do a power wheelie but a clutch wheele, and it can cruise on same top end ...

    both variants can be arranged.


    If you are looking for a 250cc Twin Cylinder engine then that is expensive, around 80k for orignal rebel engine, night hawk engine might be found in around 50k, its Chinese replica can be found some where arounf 10k to 30k depending on condition and qaulity of copy.
    thanks for the detailed explanation. ....... twin cylinders are too expensive...... how much are you asking for the 200cc ohv engine?

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,424
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I only had one 200cc engine which @taha66 bought recently... If you are willing to buy I can check with my source and arrange one for you, it would cost some where around 20k not used locally ... in market same engine is 55k which is 3rd class quality as we see in rickshaws.

    200cc Engine Ravi Piaggio below:
    engines for ravi piaggio?? -1578922

    Quote Originally Posted by yasir.jahangir2000 View Post
    thanks for the detailed explanation. ....... twin cylinders are too expensive...... how much are you asking for the 200cc ohv engine?
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    yasir.jahangir2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    I only had one 200cc engine which @taha66 bought recently... If you are willing to buy I can check with my source and arrange one for you, it would cost some where around 20k not used locally ... in market same engine is 55k which is 3rd class quality as we see in rickshaws.

    200cc Engine Ravi Piaggio below:
    engines for ravi piaggio?? -1578922
    will it fit the stock transmission components like chain and gerari set? and how much will the mechanic charge for swapping the engine?
    my plan is to buy a dead piaggio and then modify it

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    angel82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,004
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yasir.jahangir2000 View Post
    will it fit the stock transmission components like chain and gerari set? and how much will the mechanic charge for swapping the engine?
    my plan is to buy a dead piaggio and then modify it
    Yes it will be the bolt on fit to Ravie Piaggio. No need to change anything. Same Chain / Sprocket etc will be fitted. Only engine will be replaced and Radiator will be installed IF you get water cooled Engine.

    Your plan is very practical and recommended. I can refer you to a mechanic as well who has very good experience of swapping RP engines.

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    yasir.jahangir2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angel82 View Post
    Yes it will be the bolt on fit to Ravie Piaggio. No need to change anything. Same Chain / Sprocket etc will be fitted. Only engine will be replaced and Radiator will be installed IF you get water cooled Engine.

    Your plan is very practical and recommended. I can refer you to a mechanic as well who has very good experience of swapping RP engines.
    sure bro! ill let you know when ill start my project in a few weeks inshaAllah

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    yasir.jahangir2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ill visit bilal gunj this week to find a bike ......any ideas where to find an abused piaggio in cheap price?

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,424
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    In bilal Gabj you might find abused and dead GS150s but no RP. Storms.. they are rare I want to stock onw dead RP for Future experiments as well mager abhi tak nahi mili sahi rate per...

    Quote Originally Posted by yasir.jahangir2000 View Post
    ill visit bilal gunj this week to find a bike ......any ideas where to find an abused piaggio in cheap price?
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    coolerthannos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    no its not a bolt on fittable needs to replace engine mounts.

    I have 250cc engines available in OHV setup.

    There rated output its 16HP and 17.5Nm/ft and Max output is 18Hp and 22Nm/ft a bike like RP or a GS150 can do a power wheelie, do Slow, stand on Burnouts, and Cruise on above 1oo or 110kmh for hours "litterly" on high ways with Fuel average of some where around 35~40km/Liter.

    In 200cc category horse power is around in same figures but toure is less so you cant do a power wheelie but a clutch wheele, and it can cruise on same top end ...

    both variants can be arranged.


    If you are looking for a 250cc Twin Cylinder engine then that is expensive, around 80k for orignal rebel engine, night hawk engine might be found in around 50k, its Chinese replica can be found some where arounf 10k to 30k depending on condition and qaulity of copy.
    Sorry for hijacking this thread but is this engine swap possible for Yamaha YBR-125?

  20. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,424
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I knew this question gona be asked sooner or later.... because its inevitable...

    Quote Originally Posted by coolerthannos View Post
    Sorry for hijacking this thread but is this engine swap possible for Yamaha YBR-125?
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •