Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Ravi Piaggio 250cc (Touring Machine)

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Ravi Piaggio 250cc (Touring Machine)

Bought this bike on 3-6-2011, after touring and enjoying beauty of Pakistan on this machine for almost 4 years i finally decided to swap engine to bigger displacement as a i tumbled upon a good deal.

My bikes engine was already in a bad condition, as it was consuming oil and didn't go beyond 100km/h most of the times. Nonetheless the engine was still performing well and would have served me good for another 1 years without any major problems.

I seized this opportunity to get a 250cc engine from Lahore via link of @vickytulla. Another reason to opt for engine swap is a bolt on fit. i didnt wanted any changes in frame so it was a good opportunity.

I will start this thread in sequence so that everything is clear and give proper instructions, do and dont's in case someone is willing for a swap.

Final Product after engine swap.

Ravi Piaggio 250cc Touring Machine -1611277

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bu ha ha ha h ahha..... AOA majeed sahab, I hope u r doing great...

have you ever rode a bike above 100(actual 100 not a mummy daddy china meter Hundred)?

the day you visited me us din bhi men apko insist kerta rha tha k zara back seat per aien apko quarter mile per 120kmh hit ker k dikhaty hain tab tu apny himaat nahi ki thee.. yahan 140 ki expectations ?? wah wah ...

Is power category ka japanese Honda CBR bhi 130 say uper nahi jata tariq sahab do a little home work... that would help..

Quote Originally Posted by tariq.majeed View Post
    dnt how much realistic are my expectations
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well, lets some it up this way.

125cc can be a true touring machine. Especially considering CG125. Its hard to grasp but it is true.

When you are travelling with camp, matt, sleeping bag clothes and all the stuff that you need for atleast a week. You need a power engine as well do go against inclined roads, wind resistance, low end power and less breaks while covering more miles.

Al the touring bikes provide low end torque even GS1200. And if you can see i made this bike specifically for touring. With all my stuff loaded on bike and maintaining 120km/h is enough for this engine.

*btw we had three bikes on last 1100km tour and all were pretty much impressed with engine performance.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post
    Till 120km/h acceleration is good. after 110km/h it takes a bit more time to climb. My concern is at 115km/h the bike reaches its max RPM and i have to leave accelerator

And iam talking about fully loaded bike
    Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    I have only 4 gear transmission and 3 gears are eaten up quickly and 4th gear is aevry heavy isliye men 3rd men he bike ko 8.5~9k RPM per lay atay hon bike crosses 90+ kmh and then put 4th gear phir agay 4th he usko 120+ lay ker jata hai... but 110kmh k bad bike ki accelration utni nahi rehti...
    no i'm not talking about top speed woh to meri bike b gps py 120 ker laiti hy abi main ny sprocket setup 14-34 ka lgaya hy us py b 110 ker rai hy easy, what i'm asking is, in my case if i rev the engine hard like gear puray ker k shift keru to bike takes more time but if i change gear as soon as i feel bike is losing power than bike cross 100 in no time a few days back i raced with a ybr with short shifting and he was a tiny obstacle in the mirror before 4 th gear. what i feel is all the power lies in low to mid range and the engine have a very bad top end. now a days on concrete road and at low rpm i just throttle it hard for wheelie and lifting piaggio on just throttle is not a piece of cake but if i'm above the mid range and throttle it hard there is nothing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Never been into post whores or if it matters.. but I was just noticing that now PW has some more options including problem and solution solving(still dont know how it works...) in profile when i noticed this...
    Ravi Piaggio 250cc Touring Machine -1666716

My Ni*G*GAAA
    Ravi Piaggio 250cc Touring Machine -1666715
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mfaizandawood View Post
    no i'm not talking about top speed woh to meri bike b gps py 120 ker laiti hy abi main ny sprocket setup 14-34 ka lgaya hy us py b 110 ker rai hy easy, what i'm asking is, in my case if i rev the engine hard like gear puray ker k shift keru to bike takes more time but if i change gear as soon as i feel bike is losing power than bike cross 100 in no time a few days back i raced with a ybr with short shifting and he was a tiny obstacle in the mirror before 4 th gear. what i feel is all the power lies in low to mid range and the engine have a very bad top end. now a days on concrete road and at low rpm i just throttle it hard for wheelie and lifting piaggio on just throttle is not a piece of cake but if i'm above the mid range and throttle it hard there is nothing.
    I believe its not like this in my case. I rev it max to 6.5 to 7k and change the gear. But if i rev it hard like bike begging to change gear then the next gear loses its peak power

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Never been into post whores or if it matters.. but I was just noticing that now PW has some more options including problem and solution solving(still dont know how it works...) in profile when i noticed this...

My Ni*G*GAAA
    lololol. Bhai if we were post whores then from 2007 or 2009 we should have crossed 20k

Lololol my *****

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I believe its not like this in my case. I rev it max to 6.5 to 7k and change the gear. But if i rev it hard like bike begging to change gear then the next gear loses its peak power
    if u feel loss of power in the next gear, if u rev it till 10k than u are facing the same issue as i am, cg does't react this way cg's power lies at 8500 rpm so its first gear last longer than ours and when u shift at 10k rpm on cg the next gear comes right at its peak power but in our case we can.t use the full 1st gear we have to shift soon and by doing that we loss acceleration of 1st gear very soon which is brutal and cg start catching up in its first gear. And i also think that the performance graph of this engine falls badly after mid range
    For example
    Ravi Piaggio 250cc Touring Machine -1666924
    Ravi Piaggio 250cc Touring Machine -1666925
    check out these two engines 250 start losing its power right after 5500 and losses 5nm of torque before it reach 8500 at i'm sure before 10k it will lose like 6-7nm
    on the other hand piaggio 125cc losses less than 2nm even after 9k rpm.
    i banged my head and spend a lot, for like weeks to increase its top end and at the end these specs chart made me realize that this is't a performance engine its meant to drag heavy weights with ease at low rpms that's y this engine suits you a lot and killing me
    waqar bhai i hope u r also getting my point that's the only reason i was impressed by ur engine as it's power keeps coming and coming as the rpm goes up so throughout the whole stretch of gear the engines feels in power

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ravi Piaggio 250cc Touring Machine -1666936
    btw check out this beast 25hp@9k rpm and 23nm @ 7K rpm true beast chinese companies are getting better and better in extracting more power out of same cc engine. it can kill cbr, inazuma and ktm ego's.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

OO great

You failed to read "Fully Loaded Bike"

And by loaded bike i mean

Ravi Piaggio 250cc Touring Machine -1665701

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

was. @vickytulla and @Silver_Knife bros...... yes i have ridden on the speed of 100 km on my cg 125........ n dear bro u have forgotten that I told you that I am a new biker and dont know technicalities that's why i visited you and now ask question on the forum...... hope you will consider this thing and guide me in the light of your experience (as you people are senior members) whenever I have some question.....

bu ha ha ha h ahha..... AOA majeed sahab, I hope u r doing great...

have you ever rode a bike above 100(actual 100 not a mummy daddy china meter Hundred)?

the day you visited me us din bhi men apko insist kerta rha tha k zara back seat per aien apko quarter mile per 120kmh hit ker k dikhaty hain tab tu apny himaat nahi ki thee.. yahan 140 ki expectations ?? wah wah ...

Is power category ka japanese Honda CBR bhi 130 say uper nahi jata tariq sahab do a little home work... that would help..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ok got it now bro....... so how much vibration is in your machine due to this big engine as compared to GS 150 on the speed of 100 kmph (as I have ridden and it was quite comfortable than my CG 150)

Well, lets some it up this way.

125cc can be a true touring machine. Especially considering CG125. Its hard to grasp but it is true.

When you are travelling with camp, matt, sleeping bag clothes and all the stuff that you need for atleast a week. You need a power engine as well do go against inclined roads, wind resistance, low end power and less breaks while covering more miles.

Al the touring bikes provide low end torque even GS1200. And if you can see i made this bike specifically for touring. With all my stuff loaded on bike and maintaining 120km/h is enough for this engine.

*btw we had three bikes on last 1100km tour and all were pretty much impressed with engine performance.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vickytulla bro N I just remember that u said me when I visited u that time is very short otherwise I could offer u a test ride to experience the power of engine and then I didnt asked you again....... so getting afraid of speed is out of question as u mentioned......... anyways it was nice meeting with u

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this engine comes from RX3 Zongshen.. a mouth watering treat for bike tourist

Ravi Piaggio 250cc Touring Machine -1667099

Ravi Piaggio 250cc Touring Machine -1667100

Ravi Piaggio 250cc Touring Machine -1667101

Ravi Piaggio 250cc Touring Machine -1666936
    btw check out this beast 25hp@9k rpm and 23nm @ 7K rpm true beast chinese companies are getting better and better in extracting more power out of same cc engine. it can kill cbr, inazuma and ktm ego's.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

IMHO (I might be wrong) but Your Bike engine do not belong to the series you are comparing it with in this diagram below... becuase as I see zs169 is a chain drive OHC type engine (Just like GS)

your engine is an OHV (Honda Replica) ...

what r ur thoughts on that ?

if u feel loss of power in the next gear, if u rev it till 10k than u are facing the same issue as i am, cg does't react this way cg's power lies at 8500 rpm so its first gear last longer than ours and when u shift at 10k rpm on cg the next gear comes right at its peak power but in our case we can.t use the full 1st gear we have to shift soon and by doing that we loss acceleration of 1st gear very soon which is brutal and cg start catching up in its first gear. And i also think that the performance graph of this engine falls badly after mid range
    For example
    Ravi Piaggio 250cc Touring Machine -1666924
    Ravi Piaggio 250cc Touring Machine -1666925
    check out these two engines 250 start losing its power right after 5500 and losses 5nm of torque before it reach 8500 at i'm sure before 10k it will lose like 6-7nm
    on the other hand piaggio 125cc losses less than 2nm even after 9k rpm.
    i banged my head and spend a lot, for like weeks to increase its top end and at the end these specs chart made me realize that this is't a performance engine its meant to drag heavy weights with ease at low rpms that's y this engine suits you a lot and killing me
    waqar bhai i hope u r also getting my point that's the only reason i was impressed by ur engine as it's power keeps coming and coming as the rpm goes up so throughout the whole stretch of gear the engines feels in power

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vickytulla bro N I just remember that u said me when I visited u that time is very short otherwise I could offer u a test ride to experience the power of engine and then I didnt asked you again....... so getting afraid of speed is out of question as u mentioned......... anyways it was nice meeting with u
    was. @vickytulla and @Silver_Knife bros...... yes i have ridden on the speed of 100 km on my cg 125........ n dear bro u have forgotten that I told you that I am a new biker and dont know technicalities that's why i visited you and now ask question on the forum...... hope you will consider this thing and guide me in the light of your experience (as you people are senior members) whenever I have some question.....
    AOA, Tariq bhai mind tu na kerain ab banda gila bhi na keray sath senior bhi keh detay ho sath mind bhi ker jatay ho... of course I know u told several times that you are exploring biking isliye tu mene pocha tha k bhai 140kmh andaza bhi hai kitni zyada hoti hai.. pochny ka maksad apko sharminda kerna nahi tha balky is baat ko high light kerna tha k ur question was not well thoughted...

any ways majeed bhai ager aap cg ko 100 per lay ker ja chukay hain tu men aapko comparision kuch aesy samjha deta hon k jitni der men apka CG 100cross kerta hai utni der men ye 250cc apki nazroon say ghaib ho chukay hotay hain,,..

or usdin men tu insist ker rha tha and @pirtes (owner of that modified RP) tu ap ko jhola dila lata but jitni traffic thee aap shyid he top end chk ker patay... time shortage tu her waqt he hoti hai working days men banda office men say nikal ker time de rha hai offcourse uska zahan tu usi traf he ho ga... mene tu shyid ab sahi yad nahi lekin apny jab milny ki interst zahir kiya tha tab he bataya tha k sir weekend per aien highway per dalain gy bike ko takay andaza ho high speed cruising k maza hota kiya hai.. but aap nay khudi confirm kiya tha k aap bas office akar he chk ker lain gy...

Any ways baal ki khal utarny say na apko kuch millna hai na mujhe you are still welcome on any weekend apka gila nahi rakhna or weeknd per apko apna RP chk kerwaien gy takay ap happy face k sath wapis jao...

ok got it now bro....... so how much vibration is in your machine due to this big engine as compared to GS 150 on the speed of 100 kmph (as I have ridden and it was quite comfortable than my CG 150)
    GS is an OHC bike its always going to be less noisy then any OHV type bike, but still if you compare it with its kind of engine its far less noisy as its stays low on RPM and maintian greater speed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

IMHO (I might be wrong) but Your Bike engine do not belong to the series you are comparing it with in this diagram below... becuase as I see zs169 is a chain drive OHC type engine (Just like GS)

your engine is an OHV (Honda Replica) ...

what r ur thoughts on that ?
    yeah i knew about it
    It was just to show that even if a OHC engine has such a huge drop in power than y not an OHV. It was just to compare two types of engine, one with stable power and one with unstable one. One is specially designed for performance and the other is for dragging heavy machines with ease and climb hills easily but not for racing

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My Ni*G*GAAA
    lololol. Bhai if we were post whores then from 2007 or 2009 we should have crossed 20k

Lololol my *****
    Wolla!! And a ten year old member is still unable to cross 7k figure
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Gs-150

Hi,

Guys I have read this thread and I am really appreciate you guys for this achievement. Well I need your expert advice. I have Suzuki GS 150 cc and I am interested to install the same engine 250 cc on my bike. Can you guide me from where you bought this engine and also the mechanics who installed it in , this will be very ease for me and its help me to avoid wondering for new mechanics and bargaining. how much total cost will be. and also the fuel average etc.

your cooperation will be heartily appreciated sir.

Regards,
    Adeel

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adeiel View Post
    Hi,

Guys I have read this thread and I am really appreciate you guys for this achievement. Well I need your expert advice. I have Suzuki GS 150 cc and I am interested to install the same engine 250 cc on my bike. Can you guide me from where you bought this engine and also the mechanics who installed it in , this will be very ease for me and its help me to avoid wondering for new mechanics and bargaining. how much total cost will be. and also the fuel average etc.

your cooperation will be heartily appreciated sir.

Regards,
    Adeel
    Call Waqar bhai he can help you

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vickytulla bhai me ne mind ni kia lighter mood me hi kaha....... n agreed k baal ki khaal utarny se koi fayda ni...... n thnak you for your weekend offer n sure will come to u on some weekend inshallah. vicky bhai seniour hony k naty ab ye b bta den k emoji signs thread me kistra post krty hen plz

AOA, Tariq bhai mind tu na kerain ab banda gila bhi na keray sath senior bhi keh detay ho sath mind bhi ker jatay ho... of course I know u told several times that you are exploring biking isliye tu mene pocha tha k bhai 140kmh andaza bhi hai kitni zyada hoti hai.. pochny ka maksad apko sharminda kerna nahi tha balky is baat ko high light kerna tha k ur question was not well thoughted...

any ways majeed bhai ager aap cg ko 100 per lay ker ja chukay hain tu men aapko comparision kuch aesy samjha deta hon k jitni der men apka CG 100cross kerta hai utni der men ye 250cc apki nazroon say ghaib ho chukay hotay hain,,..

or usdin men tu insist ker rha tha and @pirtes (owner of that modified RP) tu ap ko jhola dila lata but jitni traffic thee aap shyid he top end chk ker patay... time shortage tu her waqt he hoti hai working days men banda office men say nikal ker time de rha hai offcourse uska zahan tu usi traf he ho ga... mene tu shyid ab sahi yad nahi lekin apny jab milny ki interst zahir kiya tha tab he bataya tha k sir weekend per aien highway per dalain gy bike ko takay andaza ho high speed cruising k maza hota kiya hai.. but aap nay khudi confirm kiya tha k aap bas office akar he chk ker lain gy...

Any ways baal ki khal utarny say na apko kuch millna hai na mujhe you are still welcome on any weekend apka gila nahi rakhna or weeknd per apko apna RP chk kerwaien gy takay ap happy face k sath wapis jao...

GS is an OHC bike its always going to be less noisy then any OHV type bike, but still if you compare it with its kind of engine its far less noisy as its stays low on RPM and maintian greater speed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

User Tag List