Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By elxlr
  • 2 Post By haroon959

Thread: 35cc bike. Top speed 86kmph. How?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 35cc bike. Top speed 86kmph. How?

I was in china a couple of years back (2012-2014 till January 10) working there. Bought a second hand bike. Which happens to be 35 cc. And I like to ride fast. So this bike achieved a GPS top speed of 86kmph.

To this day I am amazed.
    Here are the pics that I had saved for long time. I used to ride very fast everyday so average was 30 km per liter. In China, all chinese ride their luxurious merc and bmw and VW And nissan cars and buses and taxis at constant 60kmph due to regulations. There is no fast or slow lane. Except on some parts of motorways.
    So I used to ride faster. Due to their slowness, taking in mind the mindset of slow riding people who don't look at the road or other cars while turning left or right.
    Enjoyed a lot there. They have love for Pakistan.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1449947620.930367.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  144.3 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1449947641.714681.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  148.5 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1449947654.672048.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  128.7 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1449947673.201540.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  135.4 KB

And the GPS speed screenshot
    Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1449947724.583163.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  119.5 KB

Yet our 70 cc bikes or 150 cc wego lol go between the ranges of 80 kmph to above 110 kmph GPS
    SPEEDS only.

I have Cg 2014. But i hate their sticker change policy only just to save reputation otherwise they are doing nothing in R&D department. (Research & Development). At least new technology is safer, comfortable and lot more. Maybe due to corruption and low value of Pakistani money.

Sent from my Phone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a 35cc bike can go 86kph for sure.... it all depends on the engine design..... playing with bore to stroke ratio and gear ratios, you can achieve it....engineers are supposed to design machines keeping in mind a lot of factors.... for example the average speed of bike for cities, consumer requirements etc etc.... speeds can be achieved easily by manipulating transmission.......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Was it a 2 stoke engine? A over square short gear ratio engine running on ridiciously high rpm can do it in a light weight chasis (best example the stupid 660cc kei car) btw this scooty also have advantage of engine mount very close to tyre

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Automatic gears. I had to press the speed accelerator only.
    I enjoyed it.

Sent from my Phone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Whatever the gearbox...automatic cvt or manual.....gears are the main thing when it comes to achieving torques or power

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I can give you a technical explaination, but it'll need a lot of words cause I'm not good at explaining!

I'll try to keep it short and simple: The kind of transmission it probably had was a CVT (Continusly Variable Transmission) and as the name implies; that transmission automatically changes it's gear ratio as per throttle position and the wheel's spinning RPMs (Revolutions per Minute)...

So, this bike can 'virtually' achieve speeds in excess of 100km/hr cause there are infinite gear ratios!

Imagine a motorcycle's engine is spinning at 8,000rpm and the transmission is in first gear which has a 3.35 : 1 gear ratio, does it mean that the rear wheel is spinning at 8,000rpm too? No, it's not! Because: 8,000 / 3.35 = 2388 RPMs!
    This means, the wheel is spinning at MUCH less RPMs but with more torque or twisting force! Hence, we start our cars and bikes in first gear and not in sixth to get up to speed quickly!

Now, keep the RPMs at 8,000 but lets put that transmission into into 6th gear which has a 0.9:1 Gear Ratio. Lets do the math: 8,000 / 0.9 = 8,888! Hence, wheels are spinning FASTER than the engine!

And we all know, faster wheel spin = more speed!

Hope you understand.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

infinite gear ratio? CVT also have max fix ratio if engine run out of torque no point of taller gear ratio
    Quote Originally Posted by k-four-nine View Post
    I can give you a technical explaination, but it'll need a lot of words cause I'm not good at explaining!

I'll try to keep it short and simple: The kind of transmission it probably had was a CVT (Continusly Variable Transmission) and as the name implies; that transmission automatically changes it's gear ratio as per throttle position and the wheel's spinning RPMs (Revolutions per Minute)...

So, this bike can 'virtually' achieve speeds in excess of 100km/hr cause there are infinite gear ratios!

Imagine a motorcycle's engine is spinning at 8,000rpm and the transmission is in first gear which has a 3.35 : 1 gear ratio, does it mean that the rear wheel is spinning at 8,000rpm too? No, it's not! Because: 8,000 / 3.35 = 2388 RPMs!
    This means, the wheel is spinning at MUCH less RPMs but with more torque or twisting force! Hence, we start our cars and bikes in first gear and not in sixth to get up to speed quickly!

Now, keep the RPMs at 8,000 but lets put that transmission into into 6th gear which has a 0.9:1 Gear Ratio. Lets do the math: 8,000 / 0.9 = 8,888! Hence, wheels are spinning FASTER than the engine!

And we all know, faster wheel spin = more speed!

Hope you understand.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    infinite gear ratio? CVT also have max fix ratio if engine run out of torque no point of taller gear ratio
    Brother, I'm no CVT expert but CVT can be tuned or modified either for quicker acceleration or for higher top speed via tinkering with it's roller weights.
    That Scooter is probably tuned for high top speed which makes sense considering it's such a tiny motor...!
    The guy said about it's speed being 86km/h but he didn't mention the pick-up! I bet the Scooter takes several minutes to reach that speed! Whereas a YB100 can reach it in a snap!
    Hope it clears any confusion.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List